• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss answers your mario questions(in style) UPDATED!!!! first PG

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, you could dedicate 20 seconds to showing examples of what FLUDD can knock off. Maybe more, but FLUDD and Cape deserve their own section, in my opinion.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I will have a section deticated to Cape/FLUDD, just not in Series 1. In Series 2 I plan to go in-depth. I'm just not sure as to where I should cross the line between introduction and detailed.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Intro should be regular things, like recovering with cape and reflecting projectiles. And maybe show a FLUDD clip with Mario fludding a Ness recovery.

Then you go into detailed gimping in the next part.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I can't believe this. I would trust Boss of all people to get this topic spam free. And what is this? Look at some of these posts:

Straked said:
spamspamspamspamspam
When the thread's off topic ma
Lock it like it's hot
Lock it like it's hot
Lock it like it's hot
When the members try to get at ya
Infract 'em like it's hot
And if a user get a attitude
Ban it like it's hot
Ban it like it's hot
Ban it like it's hot
I got the G on my Man and I'm takin' a stand
Don't get in Mic's way or you'll find yo'self banned

boss8

Smash Hero
i use mario.......WTF who told u i didnt...EVERY turney i've been to i used mario.....and luigi i use them equal i even do MM's with more of mario then luigi....

is there a problem with the topic the only thing i can tell people to do is spam less.....

i cant really do anything i wish i was a moderator :(

Famous

Smash Champion
Your not a moderator because your lack of activity in the Mario boards...Yes you do use Mario and Luigi (almost) equally. Your Luigi gets more play than your Mario, it doesn't really makes a difference to me as long as you represent him to the best of your abilities...

I'm getting even better with Mario IMO..more set-ups. The more you play with a specific character, the more synced you are with them and there abilities

marioBROPRO

Smash Cadet
Hey, me again. I really wan't to beat my friends Fox, and he usually just runs at me and does upsmash, or he spams the kicks in the air (think its Nair), any help beating a noob fox? Gimping ideas besides FIHL (i know that one)

boss8

Smash Hero
yea sure make a left on......

mushroom kingdom dr....

turn right on peaches parosol.....

and u turn at bowsers castle.....

you will see it on you right.....

GG

fox needs to be gimp......keep him off the ledge and stay on him dont give him room to breath....use fireballs....and space...

Famous

Smash Champion
Well dam, she looked 18,jk...I have those color hacks on my wii. I'm trying to upload the matches we had while playing with them.

Ismael

Smash Ace
I lost to a jab canceling Snake. It's a pain to get past them. He just keeps jab canceling me into his tilts.

Whenever I knock him off the stage, he immediately upbs into his cypher and goes over me, then easily airdodges my attacks as he lands. He always quickly flys over me as soon as I knock him back, so I don't have a chance to spike. I try to hit him in a low trajectory off the stage or just extra far off stage like with a dsmash or something so I have a chance to spike or gimp but it's too hard to pull off when your trieng to avoid ****** strong tilts, placed c4s, and well timed and mindgaming fsmashes.

And when he knocks me off the stage, he ledgegrabs, then quickly lets go into a bair as I'm recovering.

Seriously, this guy is REALLY annoying. Help Boss?

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I lost to a jab canceling Snake. It's a pain to get past them. He just keeps jab canceling me into his tilts.
Don't go near him...just sit back and fireball camp

Whenever I knock him off the stage, he immediately upbs into his cypher and goes over me, then easily airdodges my attacks as he lands.
Bait him...don't go in for the attack immediately jump up wait for him to air dodge

He always quickly flys over me as soon as I knock him back, so I don't have a chance to spike. I try to hit him in a low trajectory off the stage or just extra far off stage like with a dsmash or something so I have a chance to spike or gimp but it's too hard to pull off when your trieng to avoid ****** strong tilts, placed c4s, and well timed and mindgaming fsmashes.
only time to go for a spike is if he is recovering from below the stage

just be observant when it comes to tilts, just don't lose track of where he left his C4, how are his Fsmashes well timed and mindgaming more info needed

Ismael

Smash Ace
As he knocks me away or as I'm landing he pulls it out and I'm like "***!" and boom... instant low % kill.

I really need to learn to cape stall, but chances are he'll just charge it till I get in range. It's so rare and strong. We're nearing the end of the match or something and not once does he fsmash, so I get accustomed to it, then he just whips it out randomely. Scary stuff.

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
then off to my friends house to practice i go!

P.S "theres nothing more exilerating than gimping with mario's cape"

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
then off to my friends house to practice i go!

P.S "theres nothing more exilerating than gimping with mario's cape"
Don't forget though, the cape doesn't work on Sonic, Snake, and G&W's Up B...although I have pulled off the cape teleport on G&W before...

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the info my friend mains snake but none of the others. ill just pull out my rob if he goes to snake xD

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
thanks for the info my friend mains snake but none of the others. ill just pull out my rob if he goes to snake xD
You can still knock him out of his cypher with Uair, Bair, Nair, and/or go for a Fair meteor.

Famous

Smash Champion
Wolf and Mario are two different characters....Wolf's spike is about 3 or 4 frames faster than Mario's...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Mario has some form of "Ken Combo", but it's escapable.
Uair + Fair.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes when edge gaurding i use the cape and it pushes them up a little O_o (edgefail lol) the only use for that weird occurence is the cape **** right?

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
i believe so because it also pushes up mario when he capes so i think its all cape unless their on the ground then it just spins and does damage.

Top Bottom