• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss answers your mario questions(in style) UPDATED!!!! first PG

Ismael

Smash Ace
Sometimes when edge gaurding i use the cape and it pushes them up a little O_o (edgefail lol) the only use for that weird occurence is the cape **** right?
That occasionaly happens with a few characters recoveries. The only one that i'm actually aware of is Peach's parasol float. If you cape her when she's floating, she gets a small boost and goes up even higher.

As to what CPU? said: just ignore him. XD

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
That occasionaly happens with a few characters recoveries. The only one that i'm actually aware of is Peach's parasol float. If you cape her when she's floating, she gets a small boost and goes up even higher.

As to what CPU? said: just ignore him. XD
lol i made it a little to confusing (even for myself) but i said pretty much what he said.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
It has the same general idea of cape ****, but it's not really all that useful.

Cape **** = Boosting opponent's momentum when caped. Which is why if you cape someone during a jump, their jump goes much higher.

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
on the jab cancel do i use 1 or 2 jabs. i dont think it matters considering the 1st 2 punches dont knock back at all. im i correct on this?:confused:

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
thanks guys oh and judge judy i was playing some melee today and i noticed the doc's pill does 8% damage! that is definatly ftw!:bee:
oh and mario was absolutly terible in melee compared to brawl mario:ohwell:

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
Mario is SOOOO hard to get good with. he just doesnt seem good enough to win against the higher tier characters.:crying:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
thanks guys oh and judge judy i was playing some melee today and i noticed the doc's pill does 8% damage! that is definatly ftw!:bee:
oh and mario was absolutly terible in melee compared to brawl mario:ohwell:
It does more if it gets reflected, and does more damage based on the number of times it gets reflected. I actually used to play 'Pill tennis' on YI in melee, where a Mario and a Doc Mario would bounce it back and forth until one of them messed up, and usually by that time it became a 1 hit KO pill.

Vyyruss

Smash Apprentice
I have trouble getting kills with Mario, I can rack up damage very quickly
but my opponents tend to linger around more than I want them too. I guess
my main problem is I don't know where to insert fsmash into my play style.
I don't stale it, but it's so predictable that when I decide to use it it's easily
dodged. Any Fsmash tips?

Of course if I get a gimp it's all gravy, but now my opponents except that.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Bair to fsmash is nice since u stutter step it.

Jab cancel to fsmash works too. U can play sum mindgames by walking away & wen they drop their shield, do fsmash! Fsmash has so much range when his back is turned,abuse it :laugh:

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I have trouble getting kills with Mario, I can rack up damage very quickly
but my opponents tend to linger around more than I want them too. I guess
my main problem is I don't know where to insert fsmash into my play style.
I don't stale it, but it's so predictable that when I decide to use it it's easily
dodged. Any Fsmash tips?

Of course if I get a gimp it's all gravy, but now my opponents except that.
Put pressure on people-> walk away

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Fsmash has REALLY surprising range, I generally get people as they're falling down, about to land with an SSUTFS (Stutter Stepped Up Tilted Fsmash, I just wanted to use that word, LOL) They are usually pretty surprised and like "WDF?" I get a kill and I'm happy.

Usmash also works too, if you keep it fresh, I generally only use it on evasive opponents, squirtle, or if it's fresh and my opponent is at that percent. (I like to use it to outprioritize certain aerial moves, but that's just me.)

It's all about confusing your opponent with its range. Honestly, most players I've played don't fall for the jab -> walk away -> Fsmash. It's not THAT good of a mindgame -_-'

I always laugh when they live long enough and get killed by a Utilt though, good times.

Famous

Smash Champion
Pressure them near a ledge and either wait for them to roll towards you or spotdodge...

The Jab-walk away is effective...You have to be slick about it, lol... Don't just do it when they get into high percentages...I tend to just jab-walk away when they are at low damage. This tricks them into trying to punish me later(when there damage might be high). When they finally think they can punish me with something I FSmash them.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Hey, I just started picking up Mario yesterday and I've been playing some people in friendlies at a tourney, so I kind of know how to use him. I was just wondering what is the best attack to use when jumping at the opponent when you are facing them. The up air seems good, but it's kind of hard to use it and dj another up air while keeping your momentum. The nair seems good, too, but it can be shield grabbed easily.

Thanks.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
If they're on the ground, and you KNOW they're gonna go for a shield grab, use Dair. Just maneuver behind them, in the multi-hit attack, and they can't shieldgrab you near as easily. Then you're behind them, and that's when a grab or a nice bair will mess them up.

But you might want a second opinion, I'm starting to question whether or not I'm actually a decent Mario.

Vyyruss

Smash Apprentice
I guess my problem is the set-up I'm making it obvious that I'm going to
try to kill them because I'm doing somethings too late in the match.(waiting
until 100% to try the killing techniques.) I think I know what to do now,
thanks for the answers.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
4 questions for you (3 of them smash related)

Is there a certain character whose metagame annoys you and therefore gives you a harder time?

Which of your battles would you consider your favorite?

What is the use of cape gliding? I know what it is but i don't know how to put it to use.

What is your favorite music genre and artist?

KhaosTy

Smash Rookie
I'm a beginner (yeah, laugh now) and the Lv. 9's are getting way too easy. I don't even have to use SH's at all to 5-stock them if I get lucky.

That's just the problem though. I'm starting to get a few friends with Brawl (something I didn't have before) and whenever I wanna do a short hop in a serious match, it turns into a higher jump inadvertedly. Also, when I manage to pull it off, I accidentally do a Fair when I meant to do a Nair. Any tips at all? (we're talking Mario here)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If you're having trouble with tap jump on, just lightly tap 'up' on the control stick and cancel your momentum by shifting it down right after. C-stick an aerial so you don't rely on buttons. If you have tap jump off, I suggest do the same, but keep a finger on the analog stick so you can cancel that momentum.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Well im assuming you are holding forward to approach your opponent. It you want to nair, release forward before you use it The momentum should keep you going forward. Personally, I like dair because I think its safer as an approach and its able to deal damage. Nair is very good, but i like to use it as somewhat of a combo breaker because it has nice priority.

On a different note, welcome to the Mario boards Khaos. If you want help ask some of the top Marios here like Boss, Matador, Famous, Straked, Kirin, and Bo X7 (I know there are more. Don't get offended if I didn't say your name)

Top Bottom