• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bored of meta knight?

Legic

Smash Cadet
I've been playing meta knight a long time and of course I main him. Normally when I play brawl I have the urge to choose meta knight, because I like playing with him and if I like playing with him then I usually have fun and play way better. But few days ago, I don't have the urge to play him that much anymore and if I do play him I usually play alot worse than I normally do. I still win but I feel something is wrong. Any help finding meta knight back?:(

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Try taking a break from MK. Play as another character for a while. Your desire to play him again will come back soon.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
thats happened to me. u win a few matches, uve been using mk all day then u pick up like diddy or wario or someone fun and ur like oh wow cool.

then go to doubles with mk and a few weeks later ur gonna wnna come bak to mk and learn a matxhup or something. try to face tougher opponents too

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I've been playing meta knight a long time and of course I main him. Normally when I play brawl I have the urge to choose meta knight, because I like playing with him and if I like playing with him then I usually have fun and play way better. But few days ago, I don't have the urge to play him that much anymore and if I do play him I usually play alot worse than I normally do. I still win but I feel something is wrong. Any help finding meta knight back?:(
This is why people have other mains or secondaries. Just in case you get bored with one character, you switch to another. Cycling characters, if you will.

Pretty simple stuff...

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
PLay a character that plays differently to freshen your Bawl experience, maybe a Project character or one that takes more skill to challenge yourself with, but id still fun. May I suggest Sonic?

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
Find another character who plays like metaknight.
Then, when you go back, you will be using a combination of that character and metaknight tactics and your game will improve ALOT.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
The same thing happened to me, and I played pikachu for a while. After a few weeks I wanted to play mk again, and I haven't gotten bored of him since :)

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Find another character who plays like metaknight.
Then, when you go back, you will be using a combination of that character and metaknight tactics and your game will improve ALOT.
I strongly disagree. Playing another character shouldn't make you better at playing MK than just playing MK would if you're able to make observations about your gameplay and break habits.

rgrwilco

Smash Apprentice
i used to play metaknight
and well, finally broke away from him and strated using kirby and dedede
after not playing metaknight i messed around with all the other character it was so much more fun to use other characters then your main al the time, but anyways, went back to MK and had a blast so use other characters for the fun of it.

DeactoVater

Smash Cadet
I guess for tourneys use who u want, but playing with friends and such u should play other characters it will halp u learn other characters metagames and ull have fun.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Play someone that is big, slow, heavy and horrible like ganondorf for a few days. Then you'll appreciate MK a lot more. :)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Play someone that is big, slow, heavy and horrible like ganondorf for a few days. Then you'll appreciate MK a lot more. :)
This works, trust me.

Ganon has some awesome moments though. Flame Choke is too good.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Try taking a break from MK. Play as another character for a while. Your desire to play him again will come back soon.
QFT

I used to main MK too, and something like this would happen every once in a while. There's nothing wrong with using another character, and it'll help the boredom go away. I got tired of the MK johns, so I switched mains entirely.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Perhaps its brawl it's self? Maybe you should take a break from it for a while. If not, take a metabreak try out all the characters and find ones you enjoy as playing.

thatsyournamedude

Smash Rookie
learning other characters can only help your MK game, if not with timing and strategy, then at least you will know more opponents move sets when you fight against them. My advice to you is the same that many married couples receive about their sex lives. If you're bored with it, then mix it up a bit!

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
thats what happened as i mained pit i got brawl last may and i knew about pit in brawl and he looked like a good char and he was so i picked him, but i decided to go back to my original ssb64 main (ness) for a little while because i was getting bored with pit then i wanted to play pit all the time and that alone has made me the player i am today

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
I think I know why. This happened with me and Ike. You see Meta Knight doesn't have any projectiles and his strategic play is mainly based on various combos and pressurizing the opponent so if you keep on playing with him, using the repetitive moveset which you have to use whether you lke it or not. I mean MK's fair will never change, neither his dair nor his nado and yet you will have to use them a lot of the time in matches (actually I'm referring to all is airs and B moves) and likewise Ike there is a certain moveset which you would just have to use all the time. However other chars like Snake or Toon Link have projectiles and MANY strategies which means they can mix and match to build they own play style. With MK there aren't many different play styles cos all MK players would want to just find the most lag-less approach possible. I main Toon Link so I never get bored owning people with him. If I was a Snake player I'd be saying pretty much the same thing. But as I've said MK's strategies and movesets will remain the same therefore you can't really become 'not-bored' of MK now. You can't kill the metal, you can't touch the MK.

HD

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
IF you play CPUs this is bound to happen. If you play the same people who use the same characters again and again, this is bound to happen.

Try switching to another character who is about the opposite of MK ( some one slow, with a lot of power in one hit, Like g- dorf ) for a few days. Then switch back to MK and see how you feel. Your playstyle should vary from your old one and MK should have a refreshed feel to him.

Legic

Smash Cadet
Oh and yes, thanks for your reply's I'm all fine with meta knight again, I went to training mode and tried to figure out some new combo's and that worked for me. I also signed in for some tourneys, I like playing other chars too, so that wasn't the problem. My other main is diddy kong btw.
My friend made this video for me btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTMAKsYZvn0

But I can't actually pick my secondaries... I mastered meta knight and diddy kong, but the others I'm not sure about them.
Which chars play kinda like meta knight?

Top Bottom