• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Borderlands 2 / General Borderlands Discussion -- Vault Hunters Wanted! --

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So finally I got this game and it's freaking awesome. Though, something I think kinda messed up with the "get the 4 furs and bring them to Claptrap or...uh...Colonel Clink-guy" mission. I got 3 of the furs, then went online and joined into a game that was doing the storyline mission after and had it be counted as completed but...I never got either of the weapons from them.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Don't join into random matches then. Without friends, Borderlands loses 95% of it's appeal.

Anyway they're balancing The Bee. I'd give you the link but it's like an hour and a half into a twitch video. Basically they're changing it up because of the community, and this has caused fierce debate among everyone on whether or not it should be nerfed.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Don't join into random matches then. Without friends, Borderlands loses 95% of it's appeal.

Anyway they're balancing The Bee. I'd give you the link but it's like an hour and a half into a twitch video. Basically they're changing it up because of the community, and this has caused fierce debate among everyone on whether or not it should be nerfed.

I was actually playing solo until that, so uh...it was solo still or that, lol.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah that sounded more like an attack against you than how it was meant to come across. Sorry, didn't mean to sound so accusing.

Anyway you shouldn't worry, you'll find better weapons than what you would've gotten almost instantly.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah that sounded more like an attack against you than how it was meant to come across. Sorry, didn't mean to sound so accusing.

Anyway you shouldn't worry, you'll find better weapons than what you would've gotten almost instantly.

Yeah, true. But well...my Assassin needs him a Sniper. That SMG and weird "shotgun with a scope that's like a rifle" can only go for so long.

John2k4

The End of an Era
So are there things that transfer form the previous game via save file or something? I have the first one on 360 but I want to get B2 for the PC.

:phone:
I loaded up BL2 on my laptop, and got a message that I unlocked a new character skin or something because it saw my save file from BL1.

That's all I know of related to old save files.

-----

Does anyone know of a fix for the "Error 55" thing on Steam with trying to run a new download of BL2? My desktop refuses to launch the game, and I've tried everything out there, from re-downloading to verifying to manually starting services, to no avail.

However, I did later copy all of the files from my desktop to my laptop so that I wouldn't have to wait for them to download again, and the game started right up. :glare: It'd be great to play this game on an actual gaming rig, so Ii hope I can find a fix for this soon.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Sorry John don't know how to help with PC problems.

Anyway Donkey Mong and the final boss both dropped Legendaries the first time we fought them, how lucky is that.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So pretty noob question but, I know the more people in the game means the tougher the enemies, but does that mean there's more of them, too?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I don't think there are more enemies but the enemies are just tougher and have more health.

That's the reason playing solo is so much harder than playing co-op; you're facing the same amount of enemies as you would be if you were playing co-op and with nobody to revive you.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Duuuude the SHIFT codes have a really small window of time. I missed the last one by like 20 minutes. T_T

John2k4

The End of an Era
Fixed the Error 55 thing.

Installed the game on my laptop then copied the entire game directory back to my desktop, and it started right up. =P

---

Got to Sanctuary not too long ago, now working on finding Roland.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I learned how to obtain 250 golden keys ... illegitimately, obviously. I backed my original character up. I just wanted to see how easy it was. It is fun going through round after round of excellent loot, though. ^_^

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So both times I fought the final boss he dropped an Orange lol. Bunker has dropped 3, King Mong dropped 1 the very first time I fought him, and Wilhelm dropped 2. Also got 2 through trades.

So that makes 10 Legendaries I own.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So both times I fought the final boss he dropped an Orange lol. Bunker has dropped 3, King Mong dropped 1 the very first time I fought him, and Wilhelm dropped 2. Also got 2 through trades.

So that makes 10 Legendaries I own.
I got another Conference Call from end boss;

Corrosive too.

It wrecks his face too with Bore.

Like... 2 minute runs.

Next time you're on, we should play. Because I need to do some more speed runs for Legendaries. I'm getting piddly. At level 50.

Although I did get the Impaler.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So far the rarest jackpot I've gotten is the triple eridium, and it was at the worst time because I had already bought all of SD upgrades. -.-

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
You guys are so lucky. I've still only ever obtained one orange item, and it's just a shield. Where is my orange assault rifle? Where is my classic OGRE? T_T

John2k4

The End of an Era
So how common is it to find Eridium inside things? (Like opening boxes, crates, etc. with the green lights)..

D

Deleted member

Not terribly rare, from my experience, but they seem to drop more often from enemies.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Citation needed?

That would be really neat if that's the case...

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Check Xbox Live when it updates within this next 3 hours.

PC and PS3? Pfft, check it whenever it updates today.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I can't play online because the compatibility pack is trying to charge me negative 1 microsoft points for the pack. I guess I'll have to wait for a fix.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm starting a new game as Gaige right now!

Can't wait to see her skill trees!

EDIT: OMG HER ORDERED CHAOS TREE LOOKS BOSS!! o.0

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Compatibility pack? What's that?
Idk, its something the game forces you buy to play online. I think its for people that don't want to download Gaige (even though I did download the character). The pack is supposed to be free, but the game wants negative 1 microsoft points for it. Just google "Borderlands 2 Compatibility pack glitch" and you'll find it.

Edit: Nevermind, the glitch is fixed now.

Top Bottom