• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Borderlands 2 / General Borderlands Discussion -- Vault Hunters Wanted! --

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
What are the stats for your orange weapons?! Yet to find one of my own!

:phone:
Social ***** (SMG)

Level Requirement: 26

Damage: 317
Accuracy: 96.8
Fire Rate: 8.7
Reload Speed: 1.9
Magazine Size: 41

yup. back
26% Weapon Accuracy
125% Weapon Recoil Reduction
75% Critical Hit Damage
Firing increases accuracy

Basically, it's pinpoint accurate and does over 1000 damage per bullet hitting crits (which is so easy with this gun), with my Axton.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
I'm not at the point where any bosses would drop an orange weapon though, and I wanted one to see how crazy it would be. If theyre that good though I won't worry about it, nothing would even be challenging at that point

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I got another Orange. It's a shield with around about 800/900 capacity, and what would be considered really good recharge rate and recharge delay (as in, nothing that's really "wow", chances are the shield you have right now is just slightly worse, if not slightly better).

Thing that makes it Orange is the 82% chance to absorb bullets and turn it into ammo.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah, Bee really should be nerfed. Way too good compared to other shields.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
There's no reason to nerf it in my opinion.

You're not forced to use it and it doesn't directly affect anyone else so its kind of unfair to the people who do enjoy using it. And like Odin said its only god like as long as you keep your shields up.

But still this game is supposed to be for fun... Feeling overpowered is fun to a lot of people.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Too dominating, takes away the point in the other Orange shields, chances are they'll make it drain your shields a tiny bit.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
There's no reason to nerf it in my opinion.

You're not forced to use it and it doesn't directly affect anyone else so its kind of unfair to the people who do enjoy using it. And like Odin said its only god like as long as you keep your shields up.

But still this game is supposed to be for fun... Feeling overpowered is fun to a lot of people.

Feeling overpowered is very good for Borderlands, but there's a limit. Imagine if there was a sniper rifle with moderate stats and low fire rate, except it killed everything in one shot. It is decisively better than every other sniper rifle in the game, which means every other sniper rifle in the game is comparatively trash. The game would be better without it. Admittedly, it's not as big a deal as if this gun was in Counter-Strike or Quake, but it still makes the game worse.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Spent a good part of the day playing BL1.

Sledge boss was cake after gaining 3 more levels.
100% Fyrestone

Now level/quest grinding in New Haven.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I finished the story yesterday, it was awesome! But I won't say any spoilers. Anyway, I"m having trouble with soloing Hyperion Slaughter: Round 4, those RPG loaders nearly kill me in one hit.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I'm going to try to beat BL1 tonight so that I can finally start on BL2. =P

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Yeah, sugarpoultry and I saw zero orange weapons in the entire playthrough.

We just started the second playthrough. We're making it a rule now that we cannot do a story mission if there are any side missions available. :]

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I did that during my first playthrough, unless it was really convenient not to do so (if I just happened to be in the right zone). I hear the optimal way to do PT2 is to leave all sidequests until the end because they scale with your level, but not only have I heard that you can end up underleveled or undergeared that way, it also sounds unfun.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeesh, only two shots per magazine?

On the other hand, you probably don't need more than two shots to kill everything.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Yeesh, only two shots per magazine?

On the other hand, you probably don't need more than two shots to kill everything.
Yes, the accuracy is what also makes this shotgun special! Found both of them when I'm just grinding on Old Slappy! Seriously, you get 10K exp in less than five minutes for every run! Great weapon drops as well!

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Bunker is also incredibly easy to farm seeing as though he can be killed in a single bullet from Zero if you hit the right spot.

John2k4

The End of an Era
6 more hours today, and I think I finally finished the first one.

Is the main "story" complete once you return the
Vault Key to Tannis?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yeah, sugarpoultry and I saw zero orange weapons in the entire playthrough.

We just started the second playthrough. We're making it a rule now that we cannot do a story mission if there are any side missions available. :]
I would recommend against this.

When you hit 2.5 (basically, when you finish the second playthrough, and hit level 50, everything scales to level 50), all quest items will scale to level 50. Thus, any quests you have not discovered will scale to that level.

SO DON'T ACCEPT OR LOOK AT ANY QUESTS UNTIL YOU ARE LEVEL 50.

Unless they are story related.

If you look at a quest beforehand, it is set to THAT level range that you looked at it.

This way, you can get special items (that aren't legendary weapons) that will be level 50.

Like the
Firehawk Shield

Atlus8

Smash Master
We have Golden Key Shift Codes live!

PC: KJK33-XFZ6H-F3BBT-3BBJJ-WTXR6
PS3: KTKJT-Z3K9B-FS35T-S35T3-BBKXC
X360: CT5BT-6BCKX-B6F3X-KXTTB-WXHH5

Edit: I think there will be another set later today!

Top Bottom