• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Borderlands 2 / General Borderlands Discussion -- Vault Hunters Wanted! --

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Anarchy is ridiculous I killed Flynt with 3 very well placed sniper headshots...

Those headshots were hard as hell to get though thanks to the really low accuracy but still 3 shots?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Anarchy is overrated. It's basically a weaker version of Zero's Deception boosts, and to get it to high levels you have to get hundreds of kills and reloads in combat, without manually reloading, dying, or going down for too long.

So basically you have to lurk on the outskirts of combat and play for hours to get it good, unlike Zero who just cloaks every 10 seconds getting his 200% weapon damage boost and 250% Crit boost, with +100% (with 5 points invested) bullet velocity speed.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Not necessarily true because Zer0 relies more on short term benifits while Gaiges are more long term, and she also gets tons more health benefits off of Anarchy than Zer0 can get out of any of his trees by far.

It's both an offensive and defensive skill.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Play Anarchy with Jakobs weapons, and it's really easy to get anarchy to stack up.

Ordered Chaos is an excellent skill tree, but it requires you to play in a very specific way, and I think it benefits multiplayer much more than her other trees. To be honest, I think her blue and red skill trees require you to play with a very specific gameplan in mind, whereas her green tree is more about making her and Deathtrap tanks.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Agreed that's what I love so much about Ordered Chaos... It forces the player to utilize a very unique style of play that requires far more strategy than any other Borderlands skill tree to date. Knowing how to manage your Anarchy stacks will be crucial.

Anyways here's my build: http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#055002151000000000000000413110151441

It has insane DPS and survivability all in one character. On paper this build almost looks too good, and when I say too good I'm referring to her potential to be both an offensive powerhouse and defensive juggernaut all at once. None of the other 4 characters can say the same.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Not necessarily true because Zer0 relies more on short term benifits while Gaiges are more long term, and she also gets tons more health benefits off of Anarchy than Zer0 can get out of any of his trees by far.

It's both an offensive and defensive skill.
Long term, as in you need to play the game for hours and not reload or die, otherwise you go straight back down to 0 Anarchy. Going down also makes it drop fast. She can get health benefits but to do so she has to use Anarchy up, and arguably turning invisible is better for survivability.

Basically she's different, but unless you have hours to play without going dying once or reloading, her Anarchy is just a crapper version of Zero's buffs. Even Axton can run in and gun thanks to his great DPS and survivability (with or without his turret) whereas going down once with Gaige will most likely make you weaker after the fight than you were before it.

So she's fun, but nowhere near as OP as people try to make out.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm confused as to why you think it takes "hours" to get Anarchy up to higher levels (in the 50+ range).

With "Rational Anarchist" you're already at 25 Anarchy stacks will one kill. Do the math that's an instant and permanent (unlike Zer0) 43.75% damage buff after ONE KILL. Then combine all of the killing between you and Deathtrap (as well as the reloading) with "Typecast Iconoclast" and you can easily get in or near the 50+ range after a single mob fight... How does that translate to "hours?"

Also Zer0 can't even touch Gaige in terms of survivability. The Deathtrap on its own is a MUCH better defensive skill than temporarily turning invisible since it draws fire. Now add the fact that Gaige has skills that give her the following: up to 5% health regeneration per second, the potential to cut her shield recharge delay nearly in half while increasing her recharge rate by up to a whopping 60%, a 35% movement speed increase for making faster escapes, and the ability to INSTANTLY get 20% of her shields back after a single kill... You really think Zer0 can compete with all of that defensively since he can turn invisible for a few seconds? lol

Now Zer0 is the superior DPS character overall but Gaige is definitely no slouch in the DPS department either thanks to her Anarchy damage potential, but when it comes to overall survivability Zer0 is outclassed by an extremely substantial margin. That's why I think Gaige might be a little too good overall. She can be a DPS (peak damage) and tank character all at the same time. No other character in Borderlands can do that.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Axton has insane DPS and can throw grenades and get like 75% movement speed and a 40% damage increase just when he goes down alone, and can be revived by his turret. Salvador, while I don't know his skills exactly, is also made for survivability.

The Mechromancer is good if you play for hours, or are a high level (but that's not saying much as everyone gets amazing as high levels) and generally has the 3rd, maybe 4th, best DPS until her Anarchy gets high, and even then when she goes down her DPS drops rapidly, unlike Axton and Salv who actually get increased DPS when down, and when she dies she has to start back over again.

Maya and Zero has underaverage suvivability, but the Mechromancer is still nowhere near as OP as people make out, especially as Axton and Salvador can be DPS and tank characters too, without having to worry about going down like her.

Edit:

Though Blood Soaked Shields has changed, it now has 5 ranks, so she has suddenly gotten a lot better.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Also, I'd like to point out that Gaige's max anarchy stats can stack up to 700% damage, and it's very achievable.

It's not really a question of what character is better than the other, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You mean the skill that gives 20% shields after a kill? 100% shields after a kill is this serious?

I hope this is a joke.
According to the official skilltree website (which is down for her) it's 20% after 1 kill and only 1 point can be invested into it. According to the game you can invest 5 points into it, I have 3 already, so after 1 kill (Deathtrap kills don't count) I instantly restore 60% of my shield.

Now that I know that full shields from 1 kill is possible, the Mechromancer is better than I thought.

Edit:

And you can stack Anarchy from duels.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Get an Heavenly Nurse Siren on your team and you're basically unkillable.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm really surprised at how quickly they're releasing new content. I haven't even reached 50 yet on my main and we already have a new character as well as an upcoming DLC in 5 days? That's fantastic work by Gearbox!

I'm really anticipating this DLC. The developers told us that all of the DLCs are going to be on "General Knoxx level" in terms of content, so if this is anywhere near as fun as Knoxx was for BL1 we're in for a really nice treat.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The game hates me. I still have zero orange weapons. I hit level 50 yesterday.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
If you are on Steam, I'll gladly give you few!

Edit: Went on ahead on got the Season Pass! I'm having too much fun with this game!
Gladly. Add me anytime. I'm TheBuzzSaw on Steam. (Go figure!)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So there's an (exploit? Not really sure what to call it as it's technically not an exploit) that can happen if you bring Deathtrap to the Warrior with Upshot Robot.

Because of being able to be stacked forever, Deathtrap will continously kill those unlimited respawing Rakks which will in turn make him stay on the field and give him a 4% melee boost for every kill. So you can basically get an insanely good Deathtrap just by fighting the final boss.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
LOL The Bane is awful. My wife seriously freaked out the first time I fired it.

John2k4, add me. I'll try to add you next time I'm on Steam, but I'll probably forget. >_<

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So far terramophious has dropped like 7 Oranges for us and a head, and we've only fought him about a dozen times.

Edit:

2 heads now.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So got the Evil Smasher and decided to do the glitch just to test it out before it got patched.

191k sniper crits with no Anarchy at level 29? Soooooo broken. Wont be doing this for the rest of the playthrough as it'll make it faaaar too easy.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Atlus8 and I roflstomped all rounds of slaughter.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think me and a friend got to round 4 of slaughter. Couldn't get past there. Because the game glitched out and wouldn't spawn more ****ers for us to mow down.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
So, I just killed the Warrior on the second playthrough, and he dropped one orange... and it was an orange Atlus8 already gave me. LOL

Yeeeeah two entire playthroughs, and I got one orange. My luck is awful.

So, where are good endgame places to farm for oranges?

Also, is there a way to let Mordecai kill Jack? sugar and I waited this time, and Lilith offered to kill him. We eventually let her, but we wanted Mordecai to do it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Why didn't you shoot Jack in the face to get the head from him?

Also it seems Terramorpheus is guaranteed to drop an Orange. Bunker has also dropped like 3 or 4 for me.

Top Bottom