• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Borderlands 2 / General Borderlands Discussion -- Vault Hunters Wanted! --

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Numbers are overrated.

ANYWAYS... Who has played the new DLC so far? I would be all over it right now but I'm far too immersed in school work at the moment. Probably won't be able to download it until Friday or Saturday.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Haha, ODIN. Well, I tried.

I even used evidence. With numbers!
<3

Numbers are overrated.

ANYWAYS... Who has played the new DLC so far? I would be all over it right now but I'm far too immersed in school work at the moment. Probably won't be able to download it until Friday or Saturday.
From what little that I've played...

One of the characters is super annoying
Dude in Oasis. I've never seen nor care to see "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", nor care if it's a reference to that. So bleh.
. The worms are very Tremors like. Or Dune. Sand Skiff is like the Warthog. And the Ghost. But had a baby. And made a Sand Skiff.

Otherwise, it's pretty good. Captain Scarlett is very Borderlands-y.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Started the DLC last night with my wife. Captain Scarlett is fantastic.

Because you are wanting something to be nerfed, in other peoples games, just because you don't like it, and because you think people that do should just hack.

That's insane.
I have zero power over your game. You have 100% power over your game. You are contorting my words to imply that I want to reach into your computer, change your game, and ruin your fun. If Gearbox announced it would not be nerfing The Bee, that would be the end of it. I would be allowed to express that I think it's OP, and you would be allowed to continue using it. Since they have announced it, you have the choice to either block updates to your client, or you can cheat and restore it. Stop making it my fault. Stop repeatedly framing my argument to be nerfing something "in other people's games".

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pluvia saw through you, he knows that you're actually blackmailing Gearbox to nerf The Bee, DON'T EVEN PRETEND YOU'RE NOT PERSONALLY THE ONE AT FAULT

John2k4

The End of an Era
Guys, enough. Harmless personal opinions are not things to be bickering over like this.

:phone:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Started the DLC last night with my wife. Captain Scarlett is fantastic.

I have zero power over your game. You have 100% power over your game. You are contorting my words to imply that I want to reach into your computer, change your game, and ruin your fun. If Gearbox announced it would not be nerfing The Bee, that would be the end of it. I would be allowed to express that I think it's OP, and you would be allowed to continue using it. Since they have announced it, you have the choice to either block updates to your client, or you can cheat and restore it. Stop making it my fault. Stop repeatedly framing my argument to be nerfing something "in other people's games".
Well you're demanding that other peoples games be changed because of something you don't like. Why? Why don't you just stop using it instead of demanding it's changed in other peoples games?

I'm not asking you whether or not Gearbox is or isn't, I'm asking you why are you demanding it's changed in other peoples games just because you don't like it? And why you don't simply stop using it, like Odin did?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Pluvia saw through you, he knows that you're actually blackmailing Gearbox to nerf The Bee, DON'T EVEN PRETEND YOU'RE NOT PERSONALLY THE ONE AT FAULT
Dang skippy. Randy is in my basement all tied up. I'm very passionate about this fix.

Well you're demanding that other peoples games be changed because of something you don't like. Why? Why don't you just stop using it instead of demanding it's changed in other peoples games?

I'm not asking you whether or not Gearbox is or isn't, I'm asking you why are you demanding it's changed in other peoples games just because you don't like it? And why you don't simply stop using it, like Odin did?
I'm not demanding anything. Stop using that word. My opinion is that The Bee is stupid. Yes, I joined the masses in suggesting to Gearbox that it be changed. I do that because I don't want to play the game with dozens of self-imposed rules on how to play the game. I just want to enjoy everything it has to offer. That, however, conflicts with my desire to play a game where the loot is balanced and fun to use. Taking down Terramorphous with The Bee was fun... once. Now, the fight has absolutely no meaning. I have no need to team up with anyone. Heck, Golden Keys are useless because I can just go stomp on Terramorphous 40 times in less than an hour. That's why I take issue with your attitude of "don't mess with my game". I won't, and you don't have to let Gearbox do it either, but you obviously respect Gearbox's opinion by accepting their patches. That's why I tell you to just cheat to get what you want. You're obviously very angry by the mere notion of anyone tampering with your single player game.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Dang skippy. Randy is in my basement all tied up. I'm very passionate about this fix.

I'm not demanding anything. Stop using that word. My opinion is that The Bee is stupid. Yes, I joined the masses in suggesting to Gearbox that it be changed. I do that because I don't want to play the game with dozens of self-imposed rules on how to play the game. I just want to enjoy everything it has to offer. That, however, conflicts with my desire to play a game where the loot is balanced and fun to use. Taking down Terramorphous with The Bee was fun... once. Now, the fight has absolutely no meaning. I have no need to team up with anyone. Heck, Golden Keys are useless because I can just go stomp on Terramorphous 40 times in less than an hour. That's why I take issue with your attitude of "don't mess with my game". I won't, and you don't have to let Gearbox do it either, but you obviously respect Gearbox's opinion by accepting their patches. That's why I tell you to just cheat to get what you want. You're obviously very angry by the mere notion of anyone tampering with your single player game.
In other words you lack self control, so therefore others should be punished for your fault? That's what it boils down to? Your lack of self control? Therefore Gearbox should nerf everyones game because of that, and those that disagree can just hack the game?

I'm sure I'm getting trolled now.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
In other words you lack self control, so therefore others should be punished for your fault? That's what it boils down to? Your lack of self control? Therefore Gearbox should nerf everyones game because of that, and those that disagree can just hack the game?

I'm sure I'm getting trolled now.
Have you honestly never played a game that has update balance patches? Ever? You're acting like this is the first time a game has ever listened to the community and made changes.

And I have plenty of self control. I don't use The Bee.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Are you implying that everyone in the world who plays Borderlands 2 has and should have self control? Because that's the only situation under which your argument holds. Otherwise, enjoy your 0.001% chance of getting a legendary from future bosses. Why don't we stop with the ad hominem? Just wondering, is it possible for you to debate this without attacking us personally?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Numbers are overrated.

If I heard correctly, this is the one with Pirates?

(The couple people I co-op with in a class earlier didn't have time to explain it)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
If I heard correctly, this is the one with Pirates?

(The couple people I co-op with in a class earlier didn't have time to explain it)
Yes, it is the pirate DLC. As I said before (without trying to dump any spoilers), Captain Scarlett (the character herself) is fantastic. She's hilarious.

Though, I'm not a fan of the skiffs. They're slippery, awkward, and weak in combat. I do like strafing in them, though.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Have you honestly never played a game that has update balance patches? Ever? You're acting like this is the first time a game has ever listened to the community and made changes.

And I have plenty of self control. I don't use The Bee.
Never played a single player game where the community has gotten items nerfed. Halo? Mass Effect? Gears? CoD? Bug fixes? Yes. Nerfs for single player? No. It'd be like if I turned on Reach and all of a sudden the rocket launcher was nerfed in single player because some people thought it was broken.

And you don't use the Bee, but you still want it to be nerfed in other peoples games? That's even worse, you're asking for something you don't like or use to be nerfed in other peoples games. It's not because you lack self control, so why?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pluvia is ignoring me, awwww, and he's still going on with ad hominem.

So, what're people thinking about Gaige now, a week after she was released? Is Anarchy still the way to go? What weapon types are good with her?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

So, what're people thinking about Gaige now, a week after she was released? Is Anarchy still the way to go? What weapon types are good with her?
I've found that I enjoy a shotgun that has 2 rounds, since if you take the 4 points in... Whatever it is that lowers your magazine by 4%..., you will be lowered to 1 shot. This way, you don't have to worry about accidentally reloading.

Of course, your accuracy is still going to be horrendous. But if you hit something...

I'm probably going to go down the middle tree. Elemental, baby.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;

Wave I ignored you because you claimed I was personally attacking you.

Produce said post and I'll address you.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm also going down the elemental tree with Gaige. I tried Anarchy, and while I still think it's really cool and fun, I'm a sucker for elemental stuff in this game. Corrosive is still so strong. I don't really like a lot of the later abilities in that tree though, so I'm tanking her up with BFF skills.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
herpaderpa
Then if you think that's a "personal insult", what do you call this?

I do that because I don't want to play the game with dozens of self-imposed rules on how to play the game. I just want to enjoy everything it has to offer. That, however, conflicts with my desire to play a game where the loot is balanced and fun to use. Taking down Terramorphous with The Bee was fun... once. Now, the fight has absolutely no meaning. I have no need to team up with anyone. Heck, Golden Keys are useless because I can just go stomp on Terramorphous 40 times in less than an hour.
If calling that a "lack of self control" is a personal insult, then what do I call it? Odin for example mentioned that he stopped using the Bee, and I pointed that out too, so what would I call that? If pointing out what Buzz said is an insult does that mean pointing out what Odin said is also an insult?

As you can see, there's a massive difference between someone saying they lack self control and me pointing it out in a quote to that very post, and a "personal insult".

So, again, produce these personal insults that all my posts seem to be full of.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Never played a single player game where the community has gotten items nerfed. Halo? Mass Effect? Gears? CoD? Bug fixes? Yes. Nerfs for single player? No. It'd be like if I turned on Reach and all of a sudden the rocket launcher was nerfed in single player because some people thought it was broken.

And you don't use the Bee, but you still want it to be nerfed in other peoples games? That's even worse, you're asking for something you don't like or use to be nerfed in other peoples games. It's not because you lack self control, so why?
Diablo II was patched for years. Torchlight II is currently receiving balance patches, and it doesn't even have competitive ladders. Obviously, Gearbox wants its games to be somewhat balanced, and it's not alone in that endeavor.

My desire for Gearbox to nerf it has nothing to do with me wanting it "nerfed in other people's games". You make it sound like I sit around and pout, "Man, my honor stops me from using The Bee, but I'm so jealous that everyone else is enjoying it." My desire comes from just wanting Borderlands 2 to be a perfect game. Without The Bee, I think it's fantastic. With The Bee, all discussion about the game boils down to "oh he's easy; equip The Bee, and he goes down in seconds". Sorry you feel like a victim in all this, but that's just where I stand. I don't hate you and your enjoyment of The Bee, but I certainly resent your attitude of telling me what I can and cannot do, when that is exactly what you are accusing me of doing to you.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If calling that a "lack of self control" is a personal insult, then what do I call it?
You don't call it anything. I could call you a racist right now. But I don't know that you're a racist, just like you don't know that any of us lack self-control. I am also not a gigantic assface who goes around assuming these kinds of things. Buzz and I (and Odin, according to you) don't use The Bee. So why the hell are you accusing us of not having self-control? Do you have any evidence of it? I'm not against calling people out if you have evidence. I do it all the time.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You don't call it anything. I could call you a racist right now. But I don't know that you're a racist, just like you don't know that any of us lack self-control. I am also not a gigantic assface who goes around assuming these kinds of things. Buzz and I (and Odin, according to you) don't use The Bee. So why the hell are you accusing us of not having self-control? Do you have any evidence of it? I'm not against calling people out if you have evidence. I do it all the time.
See:

The post I quoted twice.

And I'm still waiting for these personal insults. So far you're ignoring the post I quoted, twice, but that doesn't make your point any better.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm sad the DLC did not increase the level cap. I think each DLC should add 5 levels. That would put the cap at 70 after all 4 releases, which is close to the first game's cap of 69.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm sad the DLC did not increase the level cap. I think each DLC should add 5 levels. That would put the cap at 70 after all 4 releases, which is close to the first game's cap of 69.
I like this idea. And yet I don't.

The one game that did this (increase the level cap per DLC) that I know of was Fallout: New Vegas. Raised the cap from 30 to 50 by the time the DLCs were finished. And man, those were some GREAT add-ons. Probably my favorite amongst the Fallout series.

With Borderlands, the appeal is to increase the Skill Tree. While, yes, you would get 5 points to raise... One Skill... I feel a buff similar to last time would at least let you get at least some more wiggle room on a viable build. Where as just 5 points would be... A build and a handout.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I just want to reach the bottom of one more tree. ^_^

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
They will but I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of getting to the bottom of two trees...

I can already picture how insane Salvador would be with a full Rampage and Gun Lust build.

Zer0 would also be pretty ridiculous.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
See:

The post I quoted twice.

And I'm still waiting for these personal insults. So far you're ignoring the post I quoted, twice, but that doesn't make your point any better.
I'm looking at your posts, but I don't see any evidence. Please, just hold my hand through this process, I just don't get it.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I recall reaching the bottom of two trees in the first game. It is most epic.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
They could make very difficult areas/bosses if they were worried about 2 full trees being overpowered. Which they should do anyway because I haven't had very much challenge in this game. I like how in games like final fantasy 7-9 they would throw in optional yet very difficult bosses and I'd like to see some of that thrown into games like this

:phone:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I recall reaching the bottom of two trees in the first game. It is most epic.
Yeah but at the same time those bottom tier perks weren't nearly as devastating as the ones in Borderlands 2.

@Saudi there are many people on the official BL2 forums that complain about the game being too hard lol I guess you can't really please both sides.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Sounds like they need to nerf the Bee then.

EDIT:

How did I miss this?

I'm looking at your posts, but I don't see any evidence. Please, just hold my hand through this process, I just don't get it.
For the second time, maybe you should look at the post I quoted twice then.

Top Bottom