• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Borderlands 2 / General Borderlands Discussion -- Vault Hunters Wanted! --

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
One of the biggest games of 2012 is coming out in 4 months and there's no thread on it? Shame on you Light House!

General Game Information
Developers: Gearbox Software
Publishers: 2K Games
Platforms: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Windows PC
Genre: First Person Shooter/Role Playing Game
Release Dates: September 18th (North America) / September 21st (Internationally)
MSRP: Regular- $59.99 / Delux Vault Hunter's Collector's Edition- $99.99 / Ultimate Loot Chest Edition- $149.99
Rating: M for Mature

Special Editions

Regardless of whether you go for one of the two special editions listed below or the normal retail copy, players that pre-order will be eligible to download the Gearbox Gun Pack, a Golden Key, the Vault Hunter’s Relic and an all-new fifth character class - the Mechromancer. Needless to say, if you plan on getting this game, MAKE SURE YOU PRE-ORDER!!

Deluxe Vault Hunter's Collector's Edition:

Anyone who pre-orders the Deluxe Vault Hunter’s Collector’s Edition will get a Marcus Kincaid Bobblehead, a copy of Inside the Vault: The Art and Design of Borderlands 2, a collectable sticker set, a map of Pandora, a digital comic download code and bonus downloadable in-game digital content for $99.99 on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Ultimate Loot Chest Edition:

Gamers willing to pay more at $149.99 on Xbox 360 and PS3, or PC can take home the Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition. It contains all the items from the DVH collector’s edition, plus a collectable scaled replica of the red loot chests found throughout Pandora in Borderlands 2, a steelbook case, a Creatures of Pandora wide-format ID chart, a lithograph postcard set, field notes from Sir Hammerlock, a cloth map of Pandora and a numbered certificate of authenticity.

Plot Synopsis Source: http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_2
Set five years after the events of Borderlands, Handsome Jack, the game's main antagonist, has taken over the Hyperion corporation, has declared himself Dictator of Pandora and stolen all of the credit for finding the Vault, going so far to claim responsibility for killing the Destroyer. Jack has also blotted out much of the light on the planet by having a giant orbiting H-shaped base set in front of Pandora's stationary moon. The new team in Borderlands 2 is tasked with killing Jack and returning peace to Pandora.
Borderlands 2 begins with the player fighting to the death to win a priceless cache of loot in a gladiatorial tournament run by Handsome Jack for his personal amusement. The player succeeds and gains notoriety, but Handsome Jack sees this as a threat to his popularity with the people. At the tournament's end he denies the reward and leaves the player for dead in a tundra. The mysterious Guardian Angel from the first game then contacts the player and explains that Handsome Jack must be killed, directing the player to rescue the four original vault hunters from Hyperion's clutches to accomplish this.

The original characters will make appearances in the sequel as NPCs, each with their own backstory. They will each give the player characters quests to complete, furthering the main storyline. A good example of this is Roland. For his quest, he is being held captive in a floating cell named W4R-D3N (Pronounced - War-Den) and you must come to his rescue, while contending with bandits and Handsome Jack's robot sentries.
Trailers/Gameplay
Launch Date trailer: (A.K.A. the EPIC HYPE TRAILER!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCWJUSulnro
7 minute gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WsXRT05gaQ
Gunzerker class preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46GOWOkHySM
Siren class preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osejQyVug1o
E3 Zero class preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PY1yEBbFPY
Gamespot Commando class preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMmi0gLkU-0

Classes
Borderlands 2 will have five new player characters:
Axton (Commando) - A general combat proficient character with the ability to deploy an automated turret.
Maya (Siren) - A woman with the ability to Phaselock her enemies and control the flow of battle.
Salvador (Gunzerker) - A brute force master of mayhem with the ability to enter a berserk rampage armed with a gun in each meaty hand.
Zer0 (Assassin) - A mysterious individual equipped for deadly precision attacks, Zer0 can deploy a decoy and fade from sight.
Unnamed Mechromancer - A cyborg woman capable of controlling mechs, including the D374-TP, or "Deathtrap." Still in the concept phase.

Official Borderlands Site
www.borderlands2.com/

DISCUSS!

Darkslash

Smash Master
I've been watching this game since it came out. Totally digging the art style. The cel shaded look fits the game perfectly.

Plus having 1000 weapons helps a Little bit.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
I've gotten a chance to play this game recently on the 360 and I agree that the visual style drew me in. While the line that divides RPG's from other genres has gotten blurred over the years I have to admit that i didn't mind it with this one. The four classes from what I've heard is also pretty balanced overall but I don't doubt for a second that one of them will be seen as superior over the others for both solo and group play.

They aren't kidding with that weapon selection you can literally pick up a different weapon everytime you open a "chest'' and see all the shiny weapons and you quickly have trouble deciding what to use against the creatures of pandora. DLC can easily make this game a winner if they put the effort into it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've been watching this game since it came out. Totally digging the art style. The cel shaded look fits the game perfectly.

Plus having 1000 weapons helps a Little bit.
Correction: 100,000+ weapons.

And now for an update on my progress in the game: it's so awesome go buy it now.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Correcting myself now: 17,000,000+ weapons.

And yes, this game is amazing. I'm a Lv. 40 Siren right now working on my second playthrough. There's a lot of room for improvement, but this game definitely delivers so much new experiences that what it lacks is heavily overshadowed. DLC and a sequel may will perfect the game. I know one DLC is in the works -- called "Dr. Zed's Zombie Island" or something, but I'm hoping for some downloadable classes. Even just one more class would expand the game so much because each is so incredibly important.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'd love a new class. I agree; just one would be nice. Even if there's a DLC that raises the level to 55, with maybe another tier of talents would be super awesome. :D

I currently have a 45 Hunter and the only other achievement I'm missing is the level 50 achievement. :D

Favorite classes in order:

Hunter>Soldier>Siren>Berserker

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Got this on PC the other day, and it is AWESOME. Level-12 Soldier, currently equipping a 1x incendiary scoped shotgun with a +50% critical hit bonus and a pistol with a 2x incendiary bonus. Send me a message if you want to play.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
This game is ridiculously awesome. I am so bumping this thread. I am currently a level ~25 Soldier. <3 Roland and his turret

I bought it during the $33 sale.

Tman1206

Smash Cadet
In my opinion borderlands was created for the purpose of fighting Fallout 3
I'm still going to get this sounds much better than Fallout 3

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
My boyfriend and I are working our way through it right now. It's a pretty awesome game, and much more fun playing together.

:)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
My boyfriend and I are working our way through it right now. It's a pretty awesome game, and much more fun playing together.

:)
Yes! Groups are the way to go in this game!

My wife and I are working through the game together. It is so much fun having backup. :)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's true. Group play is way more fun in this game.

We've got a Soldier/Siren combo going on. It works really well together.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It's true. Group play is way more fun in this game.

We've got a Soldier/Siren combo going on. It works really well together.
Same! Soldier/Siren combo works remarkably well!

Octave

Smash Ace
Bump.

I know, this game is more or less dead. Replay value sucked and the DLC was subpar. However, has anyone gotten the new DLC, "The Secret Armory of General Knoxx"? It looks great IMO but I want to hear some opinions first.

Turazrok

Smash Master
It looks really cool. New vehicles, weapons, more levels, and the crawdealeo that's lvl 64. unfortunately they patched new haven running but w/e.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I love the game! ALL OF IT! I started Knoxx today. It's fantastic. The highways are so fun. :p

Octave

Smash Ace
I love the game! ALL OF IT! I started Knoxx today. It's fantastic. The highways are so fun. :p
Is it worth $10? I know where I can -get it for free- but if it's worth it I would just buy it. I remember I got bored with it because I could **** everything with my Legendary SMG that had 4x incendiary. Alpha Skags were so easy.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Now, that my PS3 is fixed and on its way home, I am grabbing this and the underground arena DLC. I loved this game so much, so spending $20 will be nothing for more game.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Bump.

I know, this game is more or less dead. Replay value sucked and the DLC was subpar. However, has anyone gotten the new DLC, "The Secret Armory of General Knoxx"? It looks great IMO but I want to hear some opinions first.
You must not being playing this game to potential. O_o This game is great!! And the new DLC is SO good.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There was a small patch the other day that added things like Steam Achievements for Borderlands, but also had some stuff that has spoilers about the next DLC.

kotaku said:
According to contributors to Gearbox’s online forums, that new Borderlands patch featured a folder chock full of potential details about the future of the game. The next expansion – the follow-up to The Secret Armory of General Knoxx – appears to be heavy on Claptraps. You know, those unicycling robotic helpers with the funny voices? Well you may be fighting them and cybernetic zombies in the game’s next add-on.

Gearbox forum member Legendrew summarises the details gleaned from the latest patch, telling of an “Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap” that leads a robot revolution against the Vault hunters. Your task in the next DLC pack is to take down those Claptraps and the re-animated human-Claptrap hybrids they’ve enlisted for their cause.

Skag ‘traps, Rakk ‘traps, Psycho ****** ‘traps and dozens of variations on the Claptrap, only way more evil, will be your enemies in the expansion, according to those update files. The DLC appears to span some 21 missions – “9 Main Missions, 12 Side Missions” – and will see plenty of familiar faces return.

If you feel like potentially spoiling the details of those missions, the Claptrap bosses that await you and even more details on the alleged Borderlands add-on, head over to the forums.

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=108873
Very minor spoiler for those who are just interested in a very vague idea on what's it about.
Claptraps. Lots of Claptraps.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I saw that today! I will buy that in a heartbeat for Live (I have it for the 360, and god **** love this game). It would give me a reason to play again. This game was so good, and I can't wait for more DLC and a sequel. :D

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So uh... Necro bump?

I've been playing this game A LOT lately, and was wondering if there were any Smashboardians out there playing on 360 who'd wanna get back into this.

They recently patched the game so that pre-Knoxx Dlc players could get to 58 and post Knoxx DLC users could get to 69, with enemies level scaling in all areas.

So... Anyone?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So uh... Necro bump?

I've been playing this game A LOT lately, and was wondering if there were any Smashboardians out there playing on 360 who'd wanna get back into this.

They recently patched the game so that pre-Knoxx Dlc players could get to 58 and post Knoxx DLC users could get to 69, with enemies level scaling in all areas.

So... Anyone?
I might get it later. Debating if $40 is a good price for the GOTY edition.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I've been playing it today.
I did a run of it about 6 months ago. The second run didn't give me trouble, either.
My friend just got the new DLC and its kinda repetetive.

Top Bottom