• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Borderlands 2 / General Borderlands Discussion -- Vault Hunters Wanted! --

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
O D I N, internet accessibility wise, I use xbox live and have access to multiple PS3s, but I haven't set up an online account for the PS3. I use Xbox live for online stuff and both of my playthroughs of borderlands have been offline on two seperate PS3s. If you want to play with me sometime today, hit up my friend on the PS3 at Shadowzook and you should be able to play a game with us.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Finished Claptrap.
If they were desperately looking for my money without putting any effort into difficulty or quality, they won me over.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Borderlands was 7 GB on the first install. With all the DLC installed, it is now 12 GB.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Just bought this game today, played some split-screen co-op with my brother. It's pretty fun, I'm really digging the cell shaded graphics, the whole levelling up system cause it reminds me a lot like Fallout 3.

I like it how you can sprint forever and reload while sprinting. I picked the first class, the soldier. Any recommendations, weapon wise? I'm using this SMG (I think) and this sniper rifle.

And claptraps are awesome.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Just bought this game today, played some split-screen co-op with my brother. It's pretty fun, I'm really digging the cell shaded graphics, the whole levelling up system cause it reminds me a lot like Fallout 3.

I like it how you can sprint forever and reload while sprinting. I picked the first class, the soldier. Any recommendations, weapon wise? I'm using this SMG (I think) and this sniper rifle.

And claptraps are awesome.
YES.

Okay, for soldier, you'd wanna go Machine gun/Combat rifle or shotguns, as your talent trees give a damage and/or boost of some sort to those weapons.

Oh man, we gotta play. :D

Sadly, no split screen online. :<

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
YES.

Okay, for soldier, you'd wanna go Machine gun/Combat rifle or shotguns, as your talent trees give a damage and/or boost of some sort to those weapons.

Oh man, we gotta play. :D

Sadly, no split screen online. :<
Ah, thanks for the tip. I find myself running out of ammo a lot because those small creatures (which sometimes jump towards you) keep on attacking me so I have to shoot them. I like the turret ability, it kind of takes a while to recharge through. I also did the upgrade where people near the turret get ammo back?

Yeah, we should. I'm only level 5 atm and I only have the regular edition. No GOTY edition for me because I don't have enough space on my 360 hard drive... :(

Yeah...but I appreciate the local split-screen. More games need that.

I also killed that guy with the 3 balls lol. :bee:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Soldier is top tier! <3

Combat rifles are your friends. They hit hard, fire fast, and last a long time. For skills, I think you'll like the skill Metal Storm. ^_^

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
F8AL, I'd recommend against getting Claptrap and Moxxi DLCs. General Knoxx was really fun, though.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Moxxi sucks but I have the hacked items, so I am just doing that for the trophies.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm not planning on getting any of the DLC since I don't have enough space to download them from the XBLM. Wish they'd just include all the DLC on a separate disc like the GOTY edition of Fallout 3. Oh well. And what's the level cap anyways in Borderlands? I'm assuming 50?

And I can't beat this quest. I have to kill this guy named "Bone Head" (I think that's his name?) I keep on dying.

I'm only level 6 at the moment.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Bone Head was a pain in the *** for me because I tried to take him on too early. IIRC, you should have other stuff you can do to level up.

The level cap is 50. It increases to 60, 69, and I think 75 with DLCs.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm not planning on getting any of the DLC since I don't have enough space to download them from the XBLM. Wish they'd just include all the DLC on a separate disc like the GOTY edition of Fallout 3. Oh well. And what's the level cap anyways in Borderlands? I'm assuming 50?

And I can't beat this quest. I have to kill this guy named "Bone Head" (I think that's his name?) I keep on dying.

I'm only level 6 at the moment.
Try Bonehead again at level 10ish.

The level cap is as follows now;

58 (thanks to new patch), and 69 if you have Knoxx (which you REALLY should get).

Knoxx was great for the level cap and wonderful new weapons that were added.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
F8AL, I'd recommend against getting Claptrap and Moxxi DLCs. General Knoxx was really fun, though.
I disagree on both counts, but it depends on the reason for buying them. In my mind, they are extremely valuable because of the bonus skill points they both offer (total of 4 extra). Those are basically level cap increases. Plus, the bank in Moxxi is too good. That leaves Zombie Island as the dumbest DLC.

If you're judging strictly on content/story/whatever, well yeah, Moxxi is painfully repetitive, and Claptrap is a shallow extension there just to give you more stuff to do.

General Knoxx is a no duh. It's huge. It's awesome. It's mandatory to enjoying all of Borderlands.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm now currently level 14. I beat Bonehead and I just unlocked another weapon slot. I'm using this shotgun (red and has a capacity of 2. I tried TK's wavethingmajig but it's not that strong...) and it's pretty good.

I also like running everything over with the vehicles. :bee:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
F8AL, shotguns are the most ridiculous weapons in the game.
All you need is one solid elemental shotgun, and you can run through the game with ease.
I found a corrosive shotgun midgame and got through to the end using solely that (and proximity mines <3)
The eridians were even cake with it. It had a scope and hit full damage from ridiculous lengths.
Until you find a good shotgun, use combat rifles (the three bursts are teh best)
Also, work on the medic class, particularly Aid Station.
Aid Station is the best thing ever.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I found a Volcano maybe one-third the way into the story part of the game. Sniper rifle, was 600 damage or something. It was ****ing amazing. The best part was that the bullets exploded on impact, so I didn't even have to aim. But when I did aim, I killed everything in one ****ing hit.

As a soldier.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
F8AL, shotguns are the most ridiculous weapons in the game.
All you need is one solid elemental shotgun, and you can run through the game with ease.
I found a corrosive shotgun midgame and got through to the end using solely that (and proximity mines <3)
The eridians were even cake with it. It had a scope and hit full damage from ridiculous lengths.
Until you find a good shotgun, use combat rifles (the three bursts are teh best)
Also, work on the medic class, particularly Aid Station.
Aid Station is the best thing ever.
I agree, I love rushing the enemy and shooting them at point blank range with my shotgun.

Oh, and I found this gold plated sniper rifle. It's pretty sick. I love it.

Aid Station? Alright. Isn't that when teammates recover HP when they're around your turret?

Shotguns <3.

F8AL, we should play tomorrow. I'll show you some of my 1337 lootz.

But yeah, corrosive shotgun=bestest. You wanna look for something called a Pestilent/Vitrolic Crux.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Maliwan_Crux
I would love to, but I'm busy with school till the weekend. Maybe then? Let me know.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I agree, I love rushing the enemy and shooting them at point blank range with my shotgun.

Oh, and I found this gold plated sniper rifle. It's pretty sick. I love it.

Aid Station? Alright. Isn't that when teammates recover HP when they're around your turret?

I would love to, but I'm busy with school till the weekend. Maybe then? Let me know.
Would love to. Hit me up when I'm on, and not in a group for BO.

Aid Station is great. Standby a sec...

http://talent.87bazillion.com/soldier.php?505000050500005550055

That's my recommendation all the way up to 50.

That still leaves you 8 points (thanks to the patch) to do what you'd like. Stockpile isn't a bad investment if you don't have a class mod that regens ammo, but then you should invest in some sort of cool down for your turret.

In the far right tree, Stat is AMAZING. Kill an enemy, start healing. You becoming a walking Aid station. It isn't worth investing into Cauterize unless you're playing with friends (though you CAN heal your turret, it won't make it last longer). And I'd only invest 1 point, unless you have points to burn. You can move scattergun to something else if you want, but I love shotties with soldier since scattergun reduces your spread.<3

I personally haven't used the turret for much more than a distraction, but I'm also at endgame where it's nothing BUT a distraction. Still, dropping a turret that heals and/or gives ammo is nice. Point being, I wouldn't invest in turret damage/missles/RoF.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
That is a terrible build, ODIN. Why on earth would you invest in Aid Station and Stat? Once you have Stat, you want to focus on your ability to kill. I would take all five of those points and put them into Metal Storm. Quick Charge is silly, too. Invest in Assault!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Team HP regen is really only useful in Moxxi's DLC. Get Metal Storm so ****ing hard. With an Ogre, your fire rate skyrockets and you can easily chain it. Assault is nice, too.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
That is a terrible build, ODIN. Why on earth would you invest in Aid Station and Stat? Once you have Stat, you want to focus on your ability to kill. I would take all five of those points and put them into Metal Storm. Quick Charge is silly, too. Invest in Assault!
And why wouldn't you want some extra healing.

At the point where he's at now, putting points into Aid station helps keep him alive (plus he mentioned he was playing with his brother), when he can't kill anything right away. By having both, he will rarely, if ever, have to worry about health.

Metal storm is only effective when you have a group, and you have consistently killed one after the other. While it's not hard to kill in this game, if he gets into a group he can't handle yet (which happened with Bonehead), Metal Storm becomes useless to him.

Taking aid station is much more reliable than metal storm, though I'm not saying metal storm is entirely useless. Just where he is now isn't the best.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
And why wouldn't you want some extra healing.

At the point where he's at now, putting points into Aid station helps keep him alive (plus he mentioned he was playing with his brother), when he can't kill anything right away. By having both, he will rarely, if ever, have to worry about health.

Metal storm is only effective when you have a group, and you have consistently killed one after the other. While it's not hard to kill in this game, if he gets into a group he can't handle yet (which happened with Bonehead), Metal Storm becomes useless to him.

Taking aid station is much more reliable than metal storm, though I'm not saying metal storm is entirely useless. Just where he is now isn't the best.
When playing with friends, Cauterize is way better than Aid Station. Activating Metal Storm is not that hard. Just find the weakest enemy and pick it off. If you can't even do that, well, you're in the wrong area right now. ;)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
http://talent.87bazillion.com/soldier.php?050555505550500550000
This is a perfect setup (I didn't even use all of the points.)
Using cauterize is only smart if you're playing an offensive role, which should be left to EVERY OTHER CHARACTER.
Doing this supports you and your teammates at a ridiculous capacity. Your turret should recharge in a matter of one or two bursts. Since it is always out, it is always picking at the enemies. The guided rockets are broken, too.
Use combat rifles, too. Only use shotguns if you are going solo.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Soldier is sort of a jack-of-all-trades character. You can invest in Infantry to deal ridiculous damage or Medic / Support for a team player. Cauterize is great for any type of player.

What set up do you guys use for Craw farming? I could never find a good fire assault rifle, but the Hellfire SMG was more than enough.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I use Pestilent Defiler for poison, Hellfire for fire, and some generic SMG for lightning (x4). I have an OGRE as my primary.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I was using the exact same set up, until I found a pearl caustic machine gun.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I was using the exact same set up, until I found a pearl caustic machine gun.

Ah, the Serpens. <3

Pestilent Defiler <3 for my hunter. I tend to have good luck on my craw runs with him and finding them. Usually two shots. Have seen some decent six-shooters, but the damage is much less than the two-shot (per bullet). Though DPS is probably higher.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Two-shot pistols don't work all that well for me. 6 or more or else it's being sold.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Of course, my pistols hold around 11 shots. ^_^

Top Bottom