• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Borderlands 2 / General Borderlands Discussion -- Vault Hunters Wanted! --

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Oh my god that Badass Constructor v2.0 fight was the hardest solo experience I've had in Borderlands yet... Well actually that was Crawmerax from BL1 but man it's a close second.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
For the second time, maybe you should look at the post I quoted twice then.
I did. I don't understand it. Are you going to help me through this, or are we just going to be stuck at this junction forever? Despite what it might seem like, I want to debate this. Please, please explain it to me. Please.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I did. I don't understand it. Are you going to help me through this, or are we just going to be stuck at this junction forever? Despite what it might seem like, I want to debate this. Please, please explain it to me. Please.
And we're back again to this:

And I'm still waiting for these personal insults. So far you're ignoring the post I quoted, twice, but that doesn't make your point any better.
Remember, ignoring something doesn't make your point any better, arguably it makes it worse.

This is too easy Wave I'm pretty sure you're either trolling or swinging way out of your league. Because of the way you've been ignoring the main fact because "you wouldn't call it anything" I'm pretty sure you're trolling, badly, which would be effective if it I hadn't negated it with like every reply. So if you want a debate, present those personal insults, if not, this was far too easy.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Remember, ignoring something doesn't make your point any better, arguably it makes it worse.

This is too easy Wave I'm pretty sure you're either trolling or swinging way out of your league. Because of the way you've been ignoring the main fact because "you wouldn't call it anything" I'm pretty sure you're trolling, badly, which would be effective if it I hadn't negated it with like every reply. So if you want a debate, present those personal insults, if not, this was far too easy.
I'm not ignoring it, I'm not understanding it. Your refusal to explain it to me is making me really reluctant to debate this. Probably because we physically cannot debate this, because I don't get it. If you don't want to discuss this anymore, just say so. Otherwise please, just tell me, will you please explain your stance?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Wave just go back a page and re-read.

Also you've changed from "show me evidence" to "please explain your stance" which means you've actually lost knowledge in these past few days. By ignoring my post you've actually forgotten what it was you were arguing about.

If you want to win things like these, forgetting and ignoring things isn't the way to do it.

Also, still waiting on those personal insults you said I did. Weird how you still haven't presented them and have actually gone as far as trying to get me to "explain my stance" (I need to explain where are those personal insults you accused me of?) rather than, you know, actually presenting them.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Pluvia and Wave. Enough please. You can argue things over PM, but please not here.

So I've been sidequesting for the last many hours of gameplay..some people say don't grind quests and some say otherwise. Just hit level 21, and as for storyline I have not gotten to the Wildlife Preserve area yet.

:phone:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Only ignore sidequests on Playthrough 2 John, the sidequests scale to your level on that so once you reach level 50 if you do them you'll get tons of good level 50 items.

On playthrough 1 you can play as much sidequests as you want, heck some of them are just as long if not longer (I'm looking at you Firehawk sidequests) than most story missions, and by ignoring them you'll probably find yourself getting confused as it'll create tons of continuity errors.

So yeah, play all the sidequests, most people just do every single one they can before they have to start the next story mission, and by the looks of it Gearbox designed a lot of them with the assumption that people would do that.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Sledges shotgun is pretty fun

Edit: who is the person with incredibly good taste that also has the crimson lance avatar

John2k4

The End of an Era
Oh man, that storyline..

First you have to
kill Angel
, and right after that
Jack freaking kills Roland

All of the :c .

John2k4

The End of an Era
Yes, that one too.

"Oh, right! EXPLOSIVES!"

I played Roland in the first game, and just redownloaded it to play the other classes.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Wilhelm was surprisingly easy once I stopped running and started shooting it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I like how they bigged up Wilhelm, despite the fact Lilith alone would've wiped the floor with him.
"Get out of there Vault Hunter you can't handle Wilhelm!"
"Oh dear God please don't tell me they brought Wilhelm!"
"Wilhem is tough but I know you can beat him!"

*Wilhelm shows up*
*Tosses a bunch of acid grenades at his feet*
*Wilhelm dies in 10 seconds*

Me: (-_-)

If anything they should have been hyping up that damn Badass Constructor v2.0 fight... Now THAT was an enemy worth hyping up... So... many... missiles... and lasers... Q.Q

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So there's a "Badass mode" in the Borderlands 2 game files. Basically when you die it kicks you back to the main menu, and if you leave without saving (aka if you decide to change games or turn off the Xbox without selecting "Continue" and then "Save and Quit") then it deletes your character.

Also it spreads, so if someone joins your game who happens to have this mode enabled, or someone who was in a match with someone else who had this mode enabled, then the mode will be enabled in your game.

And I'm not joking btw.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So there's a "Badass mode" in the Borderlands 2 game files. Basically when you die it kicks you back to the main menu, and if you leave without saving (aka if you decide to change games or turn off the Xbox without selecting "Continue" and then "Save and Quit") then it deletes your character.

Also it spreads, so if someone joins your game who happens to have this mode enabled, or someone who was in a match with someone else who had this mode enabled, then the mode will be enabled in your game.

And I'm not joking btw.
Why the hell would anyone ever play a mode like that? I hope there's a way to disable it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You might be able to change it if you download some hacking tools, I'm not too sure I think the coding only appears when you go down.

So you might be able to remove it with modding tools but if you ever play with anyone that has it then it'll just be enabled again, so basically it needs a patch. Seeing as though patches on Xbox cost 40k who knows how long it'll be before it arrives.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
You might be able to change it if you download some hacking tools, I'm not too sure I think the coding only appears when you go down.

So you might be able to remove it with modding tools but if you ever play with anyone that has it then it'll just be enabled again, so basically it needs a patch. Seeing as though patches on Xbox cost 40k who knows how long it'll be before it arrives.
So you can't even shut if off once you get into a game with someone? Wow, that really, really, sucks.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
While someone obviously had to enable this, it's probably a stretch to assume that the person knew it would spread and infect other peoples games (I mean how could they?), so the blame lies in Gearbox having an option named "Badass" in the files sitting there ready to be enabled.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah thats just a really dumb mode to begin with though. Like I said, your power goes out or something happens and your characters deleted? Dumb ****

On another note, I downloaded the season pass and then the pirate dlc, but have yet to figure out how to play it. You travel there in game somehow? I figured there would be a fast travel station but apparently not

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
While someone obviously had to enable this, it's probably a stretch to assume that the person knew it would spread and infect other peoples games (I mean how could they?), so the blame lies in Gearbox having an option named "Badass" in the files sitting there ready to be enabled.
Does this glitch only happen on PC or is it common on Xbox 360 as well? I'm guessing the only way to enable it is through a mod right? I'm just wondering because I want to avoid this "badass" mode.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
PC is patched and while it technically is possible on PS3 they'd have to jump through sooo much hurdles to get it to happen.

So it's an Xbox only problem, and it'll be enabled if anyone who has is enabled joins your game, which will then mean anyone you play with will also get it activated in their game. So if you play with 2 other friends that don't have it, and someone who does joins, it'll activate for all of you. I think it's permanent too.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
PC is patched and while it technically is possible on PS3 they'd have to jump through sooo much hurdles to get it to happen.

So it's an Xbox only problem, and it'll be enabled if anyone who has is enabled joins your game, which will then mean anyone you play with will also get it activated in their game. So if you play with 2 other friends that don't have it, and someone who does joins, it'll activate for all of you. I think it's permanent too.
I guess I'll stop playing Borderlands 2 until they release a patch then.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Gotta admit, playing Solo is just "okay", but playing with randoms can be better. If...they're competent try to do the mission and don't warp to the other end of the map from where you're trying to go.

Top Bottom