• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Borderlands 2 / General Borderlands Discussion -- Vault Hunters Wanted! --

Player-3

Smash Hero
So I'm late to the Borderlands party and just began playing the first Borderlands yesterday.

So far I really like the graphical style among everything else. Picked the assault/soldier class and have been sniping the heads off of everything that moves.

@Player-3 - That site says that it includes a Steam key; is that what you got when you bought the game there?
yes .

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So far in BL2 I'm level 22 and I'm REALLY digging the side missions this time around. They're just as fun if not more fun than the main missions (a far cry from some of the boring fetch missions in BL1).
Main plot is really weak, I hate how all the plot twists are choreographed with way too much foreshadowing. It's almost like the guys who wrote the game's plot are absolutely hilarious but not writers. Everything self-contained is very well-written, like Tina's echo recorders, Scooter's girlfriend, etc. The game works best as a long string of jokes.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Still Wave I don't really think Borderlands is supposed to be taken very seriously. The plots just there to let you shoot things, unlike most games where you have to shoot things to see the plot.

Anyway has anyone noticed how insane Axton's turret can get even at the early levels? The fact that it is super powerful and can give you second winds is crazy, I just run right into the middle of fights not caring about going down as I know my turret will revive me before I can even fire a bullet when I'm down.

Also on that mission where you go to wake up
Mordecai
did anyone else get hit by the train? All 3 of us were walking along a rail to get across a gap and before I could even make a sound to react a train zipped around the corner, revealing that it was actually train tracks we were standing on and not a rail, and killed all 3 of us instantly. Almost has a heart attack.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I got instakilled by something in that mission, but I was on a boat at the time.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i haven't gotten too far only level 14, but i'm really liking zer0, mainly because i played smg/melee siren in borderlands and decoy is alot like phasewalk(which i run smg on my zer0 too with a sniper to pick off as many people as i can before i go in), can't wait to get the final talent in bloodshed so i can just keep one shotting people with melee

also **** fighting a full ****ing mission of goddamn robots without a goddamn corrosive gun JESUS CHRIST THAT WAS SO TERRIBLE ;_;

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I use shotguns on my Zero as it one shot kills everything.

Anyway 3 of us just completed Fink's arena on the first go round, and completed all the optional "kill X number with crits" mission. Well chuffed.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Man

That Sledge battle in BL1. It's taken up somewhere around a half hour of my time so far.

I've got an electric machinegun to blast his shields away, and an incendiary AR to get after that; I keep getting struck down as I dance around the place trying to find five seconds of cover. o.o

Any suggestions?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
There's aren't really any special strategies for that fight. Just run around in a circle, try not to get hit. Getting other people to be meatshields can help.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Sledge? Isn't that super near the start of the game?

Anyway the tactics for everything in Borderlands is "shoot the weak spots and dodge about" John. If there's rocks and things to hide behind, even better.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I empty the machine gun into his head when shields are down, but that doesn't seem to do a whole lot.
I'll take another go at it tomorrow.

:phone:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Go level up. Honestly, you can only have so much strategy if you're a low level or if your guns aren't up to par. I throw all of my grenades at the beginning and usually kill him with some shotgun crits. I have never had trouble with him, but I guess I've always been a bit overprepared.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Man, another half hour of walking.

Sounds good though. I'm level 16 at the moment.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
NOOOOO... *MASSIVE SPOILERS*
Bloodwing died!! That bird was my right hand man in BL1
:(

Wow I really want to kill Handsome Jack now.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm level 30. Finished the Vault Key mission where Roland helps you fight. Working on side missions right now. Money and ammo are still problems. :(

D

Deleted member

I don't remember how I beat Sledge, John, but when you do, be sure to nab his shotgun. It's a really good shotgun that lasted me a fairly large chunk of my playthrough.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Incendiary shotgun are amazing, since a lot of the stuff you want to burn like to get in your face. Found a great corrosive Octo Means Nine shotgun too, that one lasted me a really long time before slots gave me better SMG. Sniping with shotguns is so fun.

Also, **** the vault key quest. Just **** everything about it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I died to the bunker once, but then I spawned down underneath the main platform and nothing could hit me, so I just shot stuff from below.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I just completed the Bunker quest. The best part about it was the ending, where there's a big dramatic cutscene that happens within arms reach of your character and you just stand there and do nothing. Even better was the fact we completed it with 4 of us all playing as different classes, so it all happened within arms reach of a Maya, Axton, Salvador and Zer0, and the 4 of us didn't even attempt to do anything about it lol.

Also at level 21 I used one of my 3 keys and opened the golden chest, got a shock SMG that has 64 bullets a clip and does 204 damage per bullet, and can be burst fired or fully auto. Even a few levels later it still ruins everything.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I just thought it was weird they didn't even attempt to come up with an excuse as to why the 4 of us that were standing there, with guns and a sword, within arms reach, decided not to do anything about the situation.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Yeah, my wife and I beat the game last night.

And yes... very much screw the bunker. That whole fight was... sigh...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
So they do exist? I was getting depressed at purple being the new alleged quality cap.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I think you guys are referring to "orange" (aka legendary) weapons.

@Buzz Legendary guns are definitely in BL2 they're just a lot rarer than they were in BL1... I just finished playthrough 1 and I was only able to find 2, and I did nearly every side quest so I'd like to think I've killed more enemies in one playthrough than most.

I got my 2nd legendary from the final boss fight. ^.^

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I think you guys are referring to "orange" (aka legendary) weapons.

@Buzz Legendary guns are definitely in BL2 they're just a lot rarer than they were in BL1... I just finished playthrough 1 and I was only able to find 2, and I did nearly every side quest so I'd like to think I've killed more enemies in one playthrough than most.

I got my 2nd legendary from the final boss fight. ^.^
Orange! That's it. I knew that's what I meant. I wrote that out really early, so I couldn't think of what that color was. >_< Bullocks and such.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
I've spent at least the last 3 hours on this game trying to get a slot jackpot since I read it gives you an orange weapon. I definitely do not recommend trying it

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
General consensus is that the slots are possibly worth the money, but definitely not worth the time.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I got my first Orange from Bunker (dunno how everyone finds him annoying, we can easily kill him in about 30 seconds - 5 minutes) and it's an AMAZING SMG. Orange weapons really are legendary.

Top Bottom