• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Borderlands 2 / General Borderlands Discussion -- Vault Hunters Wanted! --

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Im surprised that Salvador seems to be the least popular among the starting 4 characters. He might not be the most efficient character but the fact that he can rain havoc with 2 guns at the same time sounds extremely fun. Just thinking about all of the different combination of guns I can use has me drooling.

Dual-wielded legendary snipers sounds particularly bad ***... Yes... Yes everything will die indeed.

:phone:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'll post my Zer0 build in a bit.

http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/assassin.php?554501500100000000000550014400

My build is very similar to yours but I made this build assuming I would be playing solo, so I invested into Bloodshed instead of Cunning to increase my survivalbility (and melee damage) while maintaining my firepower and badassary with Snipers. It also allows me to make use of Deception quite often.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Haven't looked at the character builders yet, want it to be as fresh as can be come 21st :)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It's easier to use and share with other people.
That, and if you mess up, you can "right click" to remove a point rather than "refreshing the page".
Touché

Haven't looked at the character builders yet, want it to be as fresh as can be come 21st :)
I'd definately say look at the builds. Knowing what your character can do is better than just going in blind and realising your character sucks.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
None of the 4 characters suck though... The game encourages players to experiment with different skills and tailor them to your own play-style.

Only reason I would recommend looking at the builds is to figure out which character would fit your specific play-style the best.

Kal

Smash Champion
Naturally, my GPU breaks down right before Borderlands 2 comes out. I'll try running it at lowest settings on my old card, but there's a good chance I'm going to have to wait another two weeks. T_T

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Just play the second, it's exactly the same, and there's pretty much no plot so you wont be confused. You need to have at least 1 other person that plays the game though, it's probably mind numbingly boring playing Borderlands solo.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'd suggest the first one, because you can get GotY edition for like $5 on sale.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I see no reason to play the first. BL2 is pretty much the same... Everythings just better.

BL2 received a 9.75 on GameInformer. Not that it matters but its nice to see the game get some good reviews.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Oh thank goodness. Been dying to get some Borderlands chat going, but I've already talked my friends dry, or they just aren't interested x.x

I originally was going to do play as Axton, and the skills they had shown off in some of the videos I watched made me love him even more (Mostly his Survival tree),but after the skill calculators were launched I just... I din't like him as much as I had hoped.

On the contrary, I found my playstyle more fit a Maya role this time around. I had played a Support Gunning Roland in the first Borderlands, who focused on dishing out bullets, and reviving teammates. He was super useful, and I got to my friends in time to recover them, be it from death or just to give them some HP.

But yeah, Maya definitely fits my role more, as I like to be a mix of supportive and offensive. I didn't save my skill tree calcs, but I copied the data into a text file so I could print it off with little to no ink usage. I'll spoiler it for those who don't want to see it:

Siren (Bernadette):
Harmony Talents - 19 point(s)
5/5 - Sweet Release | Restoration
4/5 - Elated | Sustenance
3/5 - None available
2/5 - None available
1/5 - None available
1/1 - Res

Cataclysm Talents - 26 point(s)
5/5 - Foresight | Helios | Blight Phoenix
4/5 - Flicker
3/5 - None available
2/5 - Immolate | Reaper
1/5 - Backdraft
1/1 - Cloud Kill | Ruin

[COLLAPSE="Explanation"]The list isn't finalized, but I'm pretty close to it, so I felt like sharing it. So while my Cataclysm tree may have more points put into it, I got the necessary medical skills from the Harmony tree.

As is required, I got enough to get Res, which allows me to automatically rejuvenate a fallen comrade with my Phaselock ability. Sweet Release is there so when an enemy is killed, life orbs will fly to me and my teammates (a total of 5 per kill), while Restoration is there so I can shoot my teammates and heal them when not in battle. And with Elated, my Phaselocked will, while working, automatically heal all comrades and myself in combat, for a total of 4% of their max health per second. It might just mean my HP, but whatever.

While not entirely needed, I have Sustenance ranked up to 4, which will allow me to constantly regenerate 1.6% of my health, which allows me some nice survivability. This could be put into either the Motion Tree's Ward or Accelerate, be placed in Harmony's Mind's Eye, Wreck, or Recompense. Or, it could even be placed in my Cataclysm tree, though I feel the other two trees need more love, considering how much I have there already.

Speaking of the Cataclysm tree, let's go over that. Foresight gives me larger clips for all my guns, as well as increases my reloading speed, which is awesome. Flicker simply increases the chances of my weapons to deal elemental damage, which include Slag, Corode, Fire, and Electric.

Helios, Backdraft and Immolate are all different Burn-inducing skills, with each being activated differently. Helios causes a fiery explosion around a Phaselocked enemy upon usage, whil Immolate allows 10% of my bullet damage to be Fire-based. Backdraft gives me additional fire-based Melee damage, as well as when my shield dies, to emit a burst of flaming energy.

Cloud Kill, on the other hand, causes a corrosive cloud to linger when I shoot an enemy. It deals constant corrosive damage who touches it, and the cloud lasts for five seconds. Unfortuantely, there can only be one cloud (hopefully per Siren) out at a time. My Reaper specs allow me to deal +16% Gun Damage to enemies whose health is over 50%, which sounds like it'll be useful for bosses, who generally have high HP.

Blight Phoenix is simply Lilith's Phoenix but even better, if I'm reading this right. You have a lingering wing effect around you that deals constant Fire and Corrosive damage, and the damage is based upon your level and the level of Blight Phoenix, which mine is set to the max.

And finally, we come to Ruin. This skill is just deadly. What Ruin does, is Electrocutes, Corrodes, and Slags all nearby enemies, which sounds pretty frigging awesome. Slag makes other damages deal more damage to the Slagged enemy. Keep in mind though, that enemies can Slag you too![/COLLAPSE]

While I'm posting, I feel I must ask this and apologize if it's been asked already:
If Gearox goes thrhough with adding more DLC characters, what kinds of characters would you like to see? What kinds of trees would they have? What would their primary skill be? Appearance? Voice?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm excited for the builds I'll be using, mostly because from the sounds of things and what I've seen of the
Raid Boss Terramorphawhatchamacallsit
, it seems like I'm going to be using different builds for PvE, and PvBosses.

WHICH IS AWESOME.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'd make some ratings on your Maya build but so far I've only really been focusing on Salvador and Zer0.

Im not very creative when it comes to thinking up new character ideas either. Lol its nice to see another Borderlands enthusiast though.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
That's quite alright, I'd say focus on the character you'd like to play first, and other character's second. Getting familiar with the characters you can play with or against is all about strategy.

I made some builds for every character, really. Of course, my builds are all built around how I'd play them, as well as their own made-up background, as I've given each character their own personality to make them feel like my own in a way. ^^;;

For example, my Maya is named Bernadette Delacroix, a french lady who suffers from OCD and is an avid reader. Meanwhile, my Zer0 is named R3i, and is a straight-to-business kinda character who won't share any details about himself. Though, I'm tempted to make him feel more like Deadpool, as the silent type will be overused for him.

And yeah, I might have to make a secondary set for Maya to fight
Terramorphous
as well. I don't think she can cover him as well as I'd like with her current specs, and what I've seen of his battle.

As for characters, I've been trying to think of something myself. I thought of a character who was one with nature basically, and could tame the beasts of Pandora, going so far as to be able to have a Bullymong as a sidekick or something. Felt like naming her default character Theodora, with the Bullymong being named Galoshes (Hopefully the references are noticed).

Another character concept I thought of would have a Kill Skill called "Nova-lty". They would be granted a 5-second or so invincibility, with the ability to deal damage by running past someone, kind of like the Phoenix ability. However, it would be a 1/1 ability, and cannot stack with itself, as well as having a cooldown between each activation, due to the invincibility factor. This is obviously a play off of Mario's Invincibility Stars. (Nova. Star. See what I did there?)

Also, not sure if you guys heard of this, but in an interview with Anthony Burch,
he was asked if Claptrap was planned on being playable, or at least reskinnable, to which he respond "No comment". The interviewer then, in his commentary outside of the interview, said "No comment, huh? Interesting." or something along those lines. Does this mean the possibility of Claptrap being playable? If so, how would this change the Borderlands we know?

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Lauch trailer is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERe3wZdIAtc&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: Oh and IDK how I'd feel playing as Claptrap... He's better as an NPC IMO.
As our dear friend Roland would say:
"Sweet! Wasn't expecting that!"

That was an awesome trailer, and it gave me chills of all sorts while I watched it. Also, that fist bump was awesome. XD

Yeah, I agree. He's better off as an NPC, and hope that it's just them trying to hide something silly like a skin or maybe a death. Who knows.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I don't see how he's better as an NPC seeing as though he's the worst NPC in any game ever.

LOOK AT ME I'M DANCING I'M DANCING.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I don't see how he's better as an NPC seeing as though he's the worst NPC in any game ever.

LOOK AT ME I'M DANCING I'M DANCING.
Well, if he was playable, then you'd always hear him no matter where you went, seeing as you were him. THAT would be much more annoying. I do see where you're coming from though. As an NPC he is rather obnoxious.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Claptrap was annoying, but that's precisely why I liked him. He has personality.

EDIT: THIS GAME IS SO ****ING GOOD TEDIORE GUNS WITH THE THROWING AND THE EXPLODING AND I FOUND THIS ONE MACHINE GUN AND IT'S LIKE A ****ING MINIGUN AFTER SHOOTING FOR LIKE TWO SECOND YOU START PUKING OUT EXPLODING BULLETS ALSO THE BULLETS EXPLODE AND THE GAME IS AS HILARIOUS AS THE ORIGINAL IF NOT MORE SO I MEAN ****ING BUTT STALLION THAT BETTER BE A BOSS LATER ON

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Sold my Xbox because I thought I was going to bootcamp. Not going for 6 months.

I may buy a mediocre Xbox SOLELY TO PLAY THIS GAME.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You guys are lucky. Turns out today is actually tuesday and not wednesday like I assumed (honestly for the whole of yesterday I thought it was tuesday) so Friday is gonna take EVEN LONGER to get here.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Loving it so far, I'm only about 2 hours in and you can really notice the improvements over the first game.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So far, I really like it.

The classes are a bit better looking and rounded, the UI is a bit different and neater, and the environment is pretty good so far. Stilling going into it, but there are lots of nods to the first game.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Inventory management deficiencies are becoming more and more pronounced as I get more guns, not too thrilled.

On the plus side, found an shock SMG with a ridiculous fire rate. Elemental death animations are so damn good, especially when you combine them.

Top Bottom