• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Borderlands 2 / General Borderlands Discussion -- Vault Hunters Wanted! --

Kal

Smash Champion
The inventory UI is a little ****ty, but otherwise the game is (at least on a technical level) a huge improvement over the first. I'm not far enough to criticize the game on a whole, but gameplay is exciting and fun. The Big Bad is a little lame so far, however.

D

Deleted member

I've heard almost entirely good things about this game so far.

Shame I have to wait until Friday to play my copy.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If any of you guys aren't aware, the pre-order bonus key that unlocks a chest doesn't give you a warning when you try to open it. On the plus side, you can hack the game to give yourself more keys (and Gearbox says they're not Blizzard), so I'm going to be replacing my lost key once I hit the level cap.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I got an extremely bad *** shotgun at level 9 that does over 300 damage in addition to elemental fire damage from the loot chest. I one shot everything.

Anything that doesn't get OHKOed burns to death. <3

:phone:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Wait, they said they'll LET you hack it?

There goes playing this game with anyone but close friends.
What's the problem, exactly? I mean, were you planning on playing with random internet people all day? And were you planning on not kicking anyone who had guns that do five trillion damage?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I dont understand why anyone would want to play with randoms in the first place... I don't want to share loot with some *** hole I dont even know lol.

:phone:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
What's the problem, exactly? I mean, were you planning on playing with random internet people all day? And were you planning on not kicking anyone who had guns that do five trillion damage?
Though there was also a chance we could play with randoms if we wanted, it's always good to have that possibility. Now the online is gonna be hacked to ****, seeing as though it's actually allowed by the developers, so that possibility is gone.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Though there was also a chance we could play with randoms if we wanted, it's always good to have that possibility. Now the online is gonna be hacked to ****, seeing as though it's actually allowed by the developers, so that possibility is gone.
Being allowed by the developers doesn't mean people are going to actively hack more. People who were going to hack would do it regardless.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
With no chance of being banned so much more people will hack. Heck, I've hacked ME SP so much because I know I wont get banned for it.

People who were going to hack would do it regardless, but now they'll be everywhere with no fear of getting banned, and with no fear of bad repercussions more people will copy them.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It's like you guys didn't even play BL1 lol.
Online with randoms no I didn't at all. I only play solo or with friends. I refuse to play with randoms in this game because:

1. A lot of people are *** holes when anonymous and will resort to stealing/hoarding loot. I've heard stories about people joining groups online to help raid a boss and then getting kicked from the party as soon as the boss is killed just so the host can grab all of the loot.

2. Modders and hackers were everywhere in BL1. I don't want to deal with that crap. I only enjoy playing a game how its meant to be played (although there are some rare occasions when I will exploit a glitch).

3. I like to play at my own pace. Playing with randoms who want to rush through everything won't allow for that. If I'm playing with other people there needs to be some level of cooperation.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that enjoy hopping online with randoms in this game but I'm just not one of them...

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Well anyway, apparently the gore has been toned down from BL1. Can't pop peoples heads anymore and the corrosive and shock animations aren't as graphic.

That's a shame. You can even pop heads in ME3, don't know why big over-the-top BL2 removed it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
With no chance of being banned so much more people will hack. Heck, I've hacked ME SP so much because I know I wont get banned for it.
You say that like it's possible to ban people for this hack.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This hack is completely undetectable by by Gearbox. They have no way to punish offenders without patching the game. They'd have to differentiate between legitimate ways to earn keys (there's at least three different methods that I know of), people opening the big chest for other people, people like me who got pissed off and just made myself one key, and a myriad of other exceptions for varying ban intensities. In addition, there's no way to prevent people from hacking, they can only punish those who do it, which is an incredibly stupid way to police things.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
This hack is completely undetectable by by Gearbox. They have no way to punish offenders without patching the game. They'd have to differentiate between legitimate ways to earn keys (there's at least three different methods that I know of), people opening the big chest for other people, people like me who got pissed off and just made myself one key, and a myriad of other exceptions for varying ban intensities. In addition, there's no way to prevent people from hacking, they can only punish those who do it, which is an incredibly stupid way to police things.
What difference does can or can't detect make if they're not?

Kira-

Smash Champion
This game actually has (almost) all of the improvements I was hoping for. Very surprised and so worth the buy

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Now that I know heads can't be popped I'm glad I'm not playing as the sniper guy. It'd be too jarring for me I think.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
People are really overacting about the head popping ordeal.

I mean sure head popping was loads of fun in BL1 but some people are acting like BL2 is ruined because of it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Still the whole game is supposed to be over the top, it's weird that they cut out an aspect of the game that the first one has.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It is weird. I think Gearbox wanted the game to appeal to a more international audience (an audience that doesn't particularly like extremely violence in video games). I'm upset that they had to tone the violence down but I can at least understand why they did it.

Regardless I'm neutral on that whole issue... If Gearbox decides to tone the violence back up a bit then that's great. If they don't then oh well.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What do you guys mean by head popping? I'm really liking the siren because phaselock means free headshots with snipers, and people ****ing explode when you headshot them.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
What do you guys mean by head popping? I'm really liking the siren because phaselock means free headshots with snipers, and people ****ing explode when you headshot them.
When you shoot someone point blank with like a shotgun in the face, or in the head with a sniper, their head would explode. Also if you killed someone with an shock weapon sometimes their eyes would bulge and their heads would explode, but they've removed all of this in BL2 because of censorship in Germany and Australia.

Now arms and legs can come off rarely, but most of the time there's just loads of blood and bits of bodies flying away, but the actual body just stays intact.

D

Deleted member

After three hours of playtime, I only have two things to note:

One, I like how the in-game brands are more distinct in function this time around. On that note, I found the Tediore brand to be very useful against Captain Flint.

Two, on PC, they somehow managed to make the inventory menu worse. Scrolling and mouse detection are both often broken.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So anyway I did get the game that day, for some reason it arrived 7 hours after the post normally arrives.

Well anyway so far it's great, the lack of violence and the fact that there's a distinct lack of swearing (so far at least) is actually quite noticeable, but apart from that it's really fun.

It appears that Axton is the best at duels, I just attatched a 221 explosive spike damage shield to me and I win every duel's me and my mates have.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Two, on PC, they somehow managed to make the inventory menu worse. Scrolling and mouse detection are both often broken.
That only ever happens to me when I start scrolling and moving the mouse around at the same time, and switching menus fixes it.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
This game is soooooooooooooooo much better than the first one.

John2k4

The End of an Era
So I'm late to the Borderlands party and just began playing the first Borderlands yesterday.

So far I really like the graphical style among everything else. Picked the assault/soldier class and have been sniping the heads off of everything that moves.

@Player-3 - That site says that it includes a Steam key; is that what you got when you bought the game there?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Glad to see people are still enjoying the first game. Make sure you pick up the 2nd some time down the road after you beat it (preferably after a price drop as well haha) cause it's pretty much the same game but better in every way.

So far in BL2 I'm level 22 and I'm REALLY digging the side missions this time around. They're just as fun if not more fun than the main missions (a far cry from some of the boring fetch missions in BL1).

John2k4

The End of an Era
Edits: I can confirm that the Direct2Play things gives a valid Steam key.

Top Bottom