• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blue Battle Circuit #6. December 20th. Princeton, NJ.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Falco looks worse than 70/30, dude. If you get grabbed, you die. Falco can just fiend for the grab, get it eventually, and you die. Very similar case with Dedede. Meta Knight also ***** him very badly. How can Ike ever approach Olimar?

I see hope for Ike against other S tiers, like Game and Watch, Diddy Kong, and Snake...but that's it. The others beat him like 80/20, lmao. And those top tiers I just listed still win 60/40 at least, possibly by more. Right?

Then he loses to just about every A and B tier character. ~_~

You have to be way better than everyone you fight in order to win. :[
Snake, Gdub, and Rob are 60:40 in reality. Falco, I basically have to eat 40 damage (and the only way to damage myself is eruption and who isnt gonna just shoot me out of that 8 second charge time) just to start the match. After that it's still a laser dodging game to get inside him. I could have lived through that cg spike but mistimed my recovery, I could have landed back on the stage actually. Falco, assuming I can actually find a way to safely take 40 damage a stock, is a 65:35 afterwards, which is still pretty **** bad. D3:Ike is like a 70:30 also with improper spacing, and still at the very best is like a 65:35 Long long long long LONG *** match (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9JURC8HPLM) where I basically poke and run hoping he doesnt power shield something.

Olimar and MK I can't touch at the moment, and I doubt I ever will be able to touch olimar, I can still stand to do much better against MK.

Falco... I can do much better against, to at least stand a chance at winning the neutral, which, if I do, I can eat the second loss and go to a counterpick if need be for round 3.

Either way yeah I need to play so well just to not get free gimped but whatever, I still have a ways to go with the character and I will eventually place where I think I actually am and not where the bracket just wants to sit me, which I must say has never helped matters (even if I had won my first match in loser's I'd have had to fight shadow or keitaro lol). There's always room for improvement, I just need to not get frustrated because then I basically stop playing decently whatsoever.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
"Oh you thought that was a gimp? You was wrong"

"GET THE **** OUT OF HERE BIRD"

Edit: The rest are going up right now and I'm laughing so so hard.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Malcolm: "He's a roller, and I ain't even talkin' bout bike wheels"

D1: "SHORYKEN, FORWARD TILTEN"

Malcolm: "Why don't you get a kill move with your character?"
"You're one to talk"
"Whatever"

Rookie: Oh my goooooooooooooooood get it *****

My favorite one though atm is: "That ain't gon' kill. C'mon you falco dawg you know better."

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I never do shout outs anymore..

Singles:
1: Snakeee - wow. the little train that could continues his wrath up the mountain.
2: Yes! (Snake/Wario) - Congrats man!!! Someones moving up the rankings just a bit.
3: Inui (Meta Knight/Snake) - Thanks for all the training the night before.. It was really helpful. Suriously.

5: BlackWaltz (Olimar) - I need to play friendlies with you. I need olimar practice.
5: Keitaro (Falco) - I need to play friendlies with you. I need falco practice.
7: Shadow (Meta Knight) I need to play frienlies with you. I need ... no wait.. its MK. Love seeing you at tourns! Congrats on first in teams!
7: Izumi (Meta Knight) Sigh..... out placed by you again. .. what is this world coming to?
9: Pierce7d (Marth) We didn't get to play at all this tourn!
9: D1 (Falco) - Sigh, you read me like a book round 2... =( I guess I need to work on Falco..
9: Rookie (Fox) - .... I didn't know what hit me round 3! Awesome fox.
13: Doom (Donkey Kong/Meta Knight) - Tied again.. I guess its fate. We were meant to be with each other... ;).. Oh and your girlfriend is beautiful btw.
13: PRiDE (Yoshi) - WOOT. You may have finally learned how to play against DDD!
13: Magus (Luigi) - Play more brawl!!!! And it was cool hanging out with u the night before.
17: NinjaEdd (Falco/Diddy Kong) - jerk
17: Eazy (Marth) - Hi eazy!
17: Munk (Dedede) - Down with DDD!
17: Malcom (Sonic) - Wow, the first tourn we didn't get to play each other in. Finally.
25: Ryko (Ike) - What happened?
25: bschung (Dedede) - Down with DDD!

DMBRANDON aka Mr. Grumpy *** pants. The world is right again when you are taking first at something.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Inui and Yes! are really convincing me to go snake vs meta. It looks so easy.

Tell me where I'm wrong you two:
Step 1- Throw as many grenades as you possibly can.
Step 2- Ftilt when meta comes close.
step 3- Dthrow= read tech, ftilt, regrab or Dair if ur really cocky
step 4- Utilt ftw
And if you really wanna be gay, jump around dropping c4s :)

It looks really fun tbh

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
From what I gather, Eazy, you're right. The only slight error is in step 1...I think there's a specific pattern that you can camp grenades in that works the best.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I went Snake vs Izumi and Shadow's MK's and got anniliated then went Falco and won. I used to be able to do Snake vs MK but I can't anymore. Imma stick with the Falco for nearly every match-up now cause it's more fun playing him.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
1: Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus and Zelda/Sheik) Scaaaary. d: I need to play you again, I forgot COMPLETELY what I should do :3
2: Yes! (Snake/Wario) We were -so- close.
3: Inui (Meta Knight/Snake) Why do you always play me? Stop that.
4: teh_spamerer (Meta Knight) @_@ I told Inui how I'm not CPing Halbred against Metaknight because of you and he said that's planking and I should have called for a ref.
QQ
5: BlackWaltz (Olimar) Not good enough! ><"
5: Keitaro (Falco) :O~~
7: Shadow (Meta Knight) Hey you. Come visit us more.
7: Izumi (Meta Knight) Blindside people by making them Soooooo cocky that they don't try and start trying last stock in final match. Do it more. It works. <3 Also, no joke... I have literally not seen your TL in like.. I don't even remember the last time ):
9: Pierce7d (Marth) Don't feel bad! You are too good and you need to show me your researches.
9: Umbra (Meta Knight) :U
9: D1 (Falco) Wut
9: Rookie (Fox) I wanted to MM you -so- badly.
13: Doom (Donkey Kong/Meta Knight) lol <.<. >>,.<.< .<.<> ,.> ,.<>,.> ,.<<.<> <..> ,>.<>,
13: RJ (Lucario) See:keitaro
13: PRiDE (Yoshi) You should learn Grammar stuff.
13: Magus (Luigi) You don't even play Brawl. All you know how to do is get people to 60% or so and walk around. jab into Upb. lol. It's soo amazing xD
17: Juice (Olimar) What happened? If we are in the same tourney, come to me before fights so I can tell you what to do. If you have tap jump off, you are a step ahead of me in that aspect! d:
17: HolyChef (Ice Climbers/Meta Knight) Hyrulian lost a MM against an Olimar.
17: NinjaEdd (Falco/Diddy Kong) SMOKED SOME PEOPLE xD I didn't watch the matches, but you didn't place last. Get used to -actually- playing in tourney and you'll get up there.
17: Eazy (Marth) MM me?
17: Munk (Dedede) Have fun with Dissidia? Clocked like 2 hours into it.
17: Rend (?) :I
17: Mr. Ryu (Snake) :I
17: Malcom (Sonic) I am loving you sir. I can be jealous of your humour, which I can sometimes have, but all the time like you outloud is like -bizamm-. My GF adores you d:
25: Dumba (?) :I
25: Palpi (Ike) MM me?
25: Ryko (Ike) MM me?
25: Rockin (Meta Knight) ):< Still annoyed I killed myself. Or rather, slipped my hand.
25: bschung (Dedede) Wait, what? You were one of like, my fave D3s, why are you 25th? QQ
25: Melo (Ice Climbers) I thought you played Lucario?
25: Jil (?) :I

DM - I miss you already :O
Tiff - Have fun with girl time? d:

Thanks for playing Dissidia on my file guys. :D
If anyone has a hacked PSP, I will be playing it and bringing it to every tourney for a while.
Dissidia MMs?

BONUS:: I two stocked Pierce in RPS.
EXTRA BONUS: Then beat Doom. Pay me mai 5 dollahs brotha.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
Wow I ***** Umbra lol. :p
I never got to friendly with you or Yes! Since you were doing your grumpy TO thing and Yes! was in tourny the whole time!

Sad face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6f0xReXXS4

That makes up for it, right? I got 3 stocks and I had 3 stocks.

I never do shout outs anymore..

Singles:
1: Snakeee - wow. the little train that could continues his wrath up the mountain.
2: Yes! (Snake/Wario) - Congrats man!!! Someones moving up the rankings just a bit.
3: Inui (Meta Knight/Snake) - Thanks for all the training the night before.. It was really helpful. Suriously.

5: BlackWaltz (Olimar) - I need to play friendlies with you. I need olimar practice.
5: Keitaro (Falco) - I need to play friendlies with you. I need falco practice.
7: Shadow (Meta Knight) I need to play frienlies with you. I need ... no wait.. its MK. Love seeing you at tourns! Congrats on first in teams!
7: Izumi (Meta Knight) Sigh..... out placed by you again. .. what is this world coming to?
UMBRA SHOULD BE HERE AND DID NOT GET A SHOUTOUT!
9: Pierce7d (Marth) We didn't get to play at all this tourn!
9: D1 (Falco) - Sigh, you read me like a book round 2... =( I guess I need to work on Falco..
9: Rookie (Fox) - .... I didn't know what hit me round 3! Awesome fox.
13: Doom (Donkey Kong/Meta Knight) - Tied again.. I guess its fate. We were meant to be with each other... ;).. Oh and your girlfriend is beautiful btw.
13: PRiDE (Yoshi) - WOOT. You may have finally learned how to play against DDD!
13: Magus (Luigi) - Play more brawl!!!! And it was cool hanging out with u the night before.
17: NinjaEdd (Falco/Diddy Kong) - jerk
17: Eazy (Marth) - Hi eazy!
17: Munk (Dedede) - Down with DDD!
17: Malcom (Sonic) - Wow, the first tourn we didn't get to play each other in. Finally.
25: Ryko (Ike) - What happened?
25: bschung (Dedede) - Down with DDD!

DMBRANDON aka Mr. Grumpy *** pants. The world is right again when you are taking first at something.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Umbra DAM U! Ur lucky you randomd me buddy! N that Im balls vs mk lolol

teh_spamerer

Smash Master

4: teh_spamerer (Meta Knight) @_@ I told Inui how I'm not CPing Halbred against Metaknight because of you and he said that's planking and I should have called for a ref.
QQ
Either
A) You described it wrong
B) Inui is dumb
C) All of the above

If you go to the top platform when the ship goes up I can do absolutely nothing from under the stage and then the stage goes down. When the stage goes down I didn't ledgecamp you at all. If I'm not allowed to camp that much on Halberd then Pokemon Stadium 1 should be banned 129038120938120934802358203948203948210938102482039582309481320948120948102943812094398 times over because that stage REQUIRES you to camp for 50% of the match.

BONUS:: I two stocked Pierce in RPS.
EXTRA BONUS: Then beat Doom. Pay me mai 5 dollahs brotha.
LOL get ***** Pierce and Doom

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
You can upair me and upb me or whatever just fine I'd think x.x

REQUIRES ?
So that's needed and your Halbred wasn't. You were being mean ><"
Really, play to win though. I don't know, but using all 5 jumps (4 with glide?) gliding, then UP glide sure feels like stalling.

I couldn't get to you till whenever we were on halbred deck.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master

You can upair me and upb me or whatever just fine I'd think x.x
While Meta Knight's upair is an extraordinarily good move, it does not go from under the bottom of the stage to the platform on Halberd. I could shuttle loop but that does ~12 damage, it's not going to kill from the center of the stage until super high %s, and if I miss I put myself at risk.
REQUIRES ?
So that's needed and your Halbred wasn't.
:confused: I have no idea what this means

You were being mean ><"
Really, play to win though. I don't know, but using all 5 jumps (4 with glide?) gliding, then UP glide sure feels like stalling.
Stalling is like picking Peach in Melee and wallbombing between the buildings on Onett. You can't go down to hit her unless you're Mario so there's no way you can stop her without taking some kind of gargantuan risk. If she's up by a stock that means there is no way to win.

Toon Link, ROB, Pit, Lucas, Ness, Snake, Falco, Link, and possibly Zelda can do *something* against Meta Knight camping under the stage and he can't stay down there forever. Sure some characters can't but that portion of the stage doesn't last forever and that's why it's a counterpick stage.

I couldn't get to you till whenever we were on halbred deck.
Indeed. However, you CAN get me on the Halberd deck, which consists of 1/2 the match. It is highly unsafe on the Pokemon Stadium transformations to chase after someone and against characters that have wall infinites it is taking a massive risk. At least you can remain safe by being on the top platform on Halberd and then fight me when it comes down.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
By the requires part, I was saying how you say it's required to camp in PS, however, in Halbred it is not and you were just being mean to me. d:

It really can't go through the bottom of the floating platform on Halbred? I'm pretty sure you can. As long as your body itself doesn't poke through and just the sword, you can hit me.

You do have a point with me having to just go on the top platform though.

Just kind of irritating not being able to fight for two minutes. :/

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Pokemon Stadium 2 plz. We need more campy maps. Corneria too plz. And Big Blue because it's super fun.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Nothing's wrong with "planking" IMO. Me and Spam did that plenty in our set, and the games were fun and actually didn't take too long.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
LMAO at the Olimar player who makes it so 99 percent of the match, his opponent is trying to get around obstacles to hit him, complaining about being camped! haha. All love Blackwaltz, just a little funny that you of all people got out camped.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I can do the d-pad trick for Zamus instantly, now. :D

Also, I have Dissidia now. Blackwaltz let's play soooon. I suck so bad!

Top Bottom