• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Woah that's your actual name? Like I thought that was just a joke or something.

You might just be the coolest guy.
Lol thanks, but yeah its my real name. you can add me on FB too if you want. My whole name though is Baron Von Kiespert.

I'd go into a DK skype chat. :o
Yes, we should get some going. Like a usual time to get on and talk and chat.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Good job at your tourney, Neon! Hopefully I can impress at SiiS6 next weekend.

MasterKurei

Smash Apprentice
How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag:From my favorite anime"Flame Of Recca" had this character that i really liked and decided to have his name as my brawl tag.
Your Age:Im 17
Where You're From:Im from PuertoRico but im in Boston atm.
A Picture Of Yourself:http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...54823285_100001032550619_462423_2197389_n.jpg
Favorite Video Games:Resident Evil,Pokemon,SSBB.
Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments?I dont really have a main i enjoy using everyone but rigth now im trying to learn Falco and also DK.I have gone to DNA tournys only.
Interesting Things About Yourself:I love Anime and i enjoy drawing and going on youtube.
DK Family:I dont know much ppl but i have met Will in real life we played b4 :D

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Real Name? Robert William Daniel Jackson.
How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? Long story, don't want to get into it.
Your Age: I just recently turned 17 3 months ago.
Where You're From: Toronto Ontario, Canada.
A Picture Of Yourself: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...81679631.22770.100000398800240&type=1&theater Should work.
Favorite Video Games Brawl, and chess.
Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? I use a lot, but, Main Falco/ Dk, they're both fun to play as. Do you attend Tournaments? I attend a lot of offline tournies in Canada, well, Ontario.
Interesting Things About Yourself: I'm 6'4" and use the Wii mote sideways and 10th on the Ontario Pr.

Skype name: neopokemastr.

Which actually was supposed to be '1PokeMastr' but skype is dumb, so -> OnePokeMastr ( Looks dumb). You should see the rest.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
hi I'm an MK main, but when/if he gets banned I'm gonna main DK, so I figured I'd check out the boards and say hi and stuff c:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Welcome.

Odd choice of character coming off of MK. I'll be honest, despite wanting MK banned I am really dreading the inevitable wave of Falco and Diddy. Frustrating frustrating frustrating.

crifer

Smash Lord
I also Main Fox and use him against Falco... but sometimes I have the feeling that MU is not that much worse for DK as for Fox. You only need to get some goods read in... (which can be pretty difficult against good players).
and Diddy is weird. Sometimes I play with Fox better against diddys, sometimes with DK.
Actually if I think about it exactly... DK is all about few good reads to win matches :D

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
The Falco match-up is dumb. We can lose even by getting reads, we have to force the other player to make mistakes by doing things they're uncomfortable with, like platform camping. When we make them mess up, which WILL happen, it hurts them a lot but god damn is it frustrating dancing around that damn bird to convince him that something like spotdodging isn't a good idea right then.

I don't know what I'd call the numbers, but I'll just call the match-up ******** to play. I honestly think Falco gets to make more mistakes than DK does simply because of how stupid his frame data is, it makes us capitalizing on his mistakes so difficult.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Dk will probably stay about the same on the tier list if mk is banned, DDD use will go up which is bad but so will marth and snake which are 2 of our best top tier matchups.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
more d3 means more falco more falco means more ICS!

YEHS!

<3 delux

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm horrendous at the D3 Falco and DK matchups I've been told by everyone :(

sad days are ahead for me I guess

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I think he just wants the IC mains that follow the Falco mains. The IC match-up is indeed a blast.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
OH MAN I just gotta go take this time to explain my avatar. Friggin' Magical Drop III. You see this cute loli chick thing over there? That is god dang STRENGTH! She has an infinity symbol on her shirt, INFINITE STRENGTH. She is really one of the cutest MOST FIERCEST embodiments of Donkey Kong I've seen. She picks up boulders and smashes them on the opponent's face and rides a LION to victory!

It's a friggin puzzle game how can you smash a boulder on someone's face that's not even fair

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yay.

Oh but at the same time I'm going to be so mad every time I see a god damn Falco. I might just pick up/main Pikachu, I like playing that thing. Or maybe Snake. I'm good at that.

Or maybe Zelda.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I money matched two good DDD's last night and won, (infinite/walking was used)

I AM DDD PROOF!

BRING ON THE DDPOCALYPSE!!!!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'll be honest, I've only lost to one DDD out of the 3 I've played.

I actually think a majority of DKs have a winning records vs DDD. It's kind of really silly, and actually the match-up is our favor.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Well i think we win now vs DDD, caues there are not that many good ones left, and they stopped practicing the matchup, while we kept grinding it out. Also congrats to you Neon for that.

Cable man, i heard that and i rejoiced! No more getting nado spammed, and shielding till its incredibly low. And no more eating nairs and up-bs while we recover! Its so glorious, but now i must wonder who a majority of the MK's will switch to.

crifer

Smash Lord
Europe has not banned MK yet... :-/
(Although I have fox against mk...)
I´m excited about how europe will decide it for themselves, but we don´t have a mk problem at all which probably will lead to mk not getting banned.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yeah it's going to be a real interesting ride for us. A lot of people, myself included, speculate that Marth is going to be #1 in the new metagame. I still believe we win that match-up, and if we don't we still give Marth a very uncomfortable match-up he has to learn, so that could be our purpose in the world.

I think like a lot of characters in this new metagame, we might need to pick up new secondaries to cover everything. I forgot about this earlier, but I'm thinking about putting some serious work into my Pikachu and following the ESAM route. Pika/DK seems like a great combo, they cover each other's match-ups so well as well as their stage weaknesses. Between those two we'd still have to work the Olimar match-up, but we put up with it before.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's going to be a real interesting ride for us. A lot of people, myself included, speculate that Marth is going to be #1 in the new metagame. I still believe we win that match-up, and if we don't we still give Marth a very uncomfortable match-up he has to learn, so that could be our purpose in the world.

I think like a lot of characters in this new metagame, we might need to pick up new secondaries to cover everything. I forgot about this earlier, but I'm thinking about putting some serious work into my Pikachu and following the ESAM route. Pika/DK seems like a great combo, they cover each other's match-ups so well as well as their stage weaknesses. Between those two we'd still have to work the Olimar match-up, but we put up with it before.
Interesting ideas.
I can tell you that Pika-DK is a great combo. I have Pikachu and Wario as secondaries.
If you have a Falco-problem, with Pikachu Falco suddenly becomes so free that its not even funny. Pikachu also takes care of DDD which is really important (especially for me since I also play Wario lol). With that said, Pikachu does have a really hard learning curve =/ I've played him for about 1 year now and its still hard to keep him in good shape since you'll have to play Pikachu very regulary (and practice all those ATs) in order not to get rusty (and I mean it).

But yeah, I'm glad that I dont have to worry about MK anymore. MK was banned in Finland already a month ago.

Top Bottom