• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I second the list idea that actually sounds really important, more like a guidelines or advice.
I'd give snake like 3 or 4 swings depending on what he does. I'd assume snake is gonna star pulling grenades at the start, so I usually swing 4 times, then jump 1 swing, and then DJ with 3 more swings if snake is approaching to catch me on the ground.
but yeah seems like at the very least we should make a list of "charge completely/until opponent is on your *** vs. don't fully charge"

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if you ever play against someone with lots of good DK experience and they know when DK's punch, switch to using grounded pivot 9 winds

Neon!

Smash Lord
The next mathcup we need to talk about is olimar, he's quickly becoming our worst enemy. Will switched to marth when playing dabuz and I've used peach against olimar numerous times. Its our worst matchups outside of chain grabs.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
everybody cp's olimar with me. Pretty much what I do is go for the gimp. when they're anywhere from 40-60% grab them near the edge, and cargo dthrow them. regain ledge invincibility by dropping and upbing, and when they go to recover hit shield so that you dont get spiked by his pikmin. That's pretty much how I get all my olimar kills. ;-;

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Alternatively you can hold up and just sit on the ledge, without fear of getting stage spiked.

ohai DK boards.

zyth

Smash Lord
there really arent too many approach options as dk against oli. u just have to push him towards the ledge as best as you can while taking the least damage to try and gimp him. imo

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
against olimar it seems like the game is get hit, don't care.
I find that when I play against olimar on places with platforms, olimar jumps to opportunity to run under you and use his up smash/uair for crazy pressure.
if you see it coming and he's far enough to give you time, running off bair usually trades, and that's the best case situation for you. mostly yeah, take damage, push towards the edge, and try to get a grab.
I kinda want to see how will plays this.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I've played the matchup really safe and campy, as if it were IC's, with varying success.

But I think no matter what, the best bet is to go IN and exert as much pressure as you can at all times, with any character vs olimar.

There are ways to get inside his camp and pivot grab game. And when you do, you'll have pushed him to the edge, get that grab, and the gimp opportunity. Vs a really good olimar, you won't get a gimp very often due to whistle. But you will get free damage.

:phone:

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
F-Tilt/ Down B out range Olimar's Blue Pikmin Grab when space properly.
For shield pressure when he's above you, I absolutely love to Usmash his Shield.. it's so much fun, and gives them a little scare/ has enough push to mess up his placement.

I like to Dash in and Up B Olimar because he has a small shield and it puts a lot of pressure on him.
It also lasts longer when Pikmin are latched onto Dk.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
everybody do what will did against rich brown , plank! :p

more importantly though, this mu is al about spacing really. olimar is lol camp and you have to lol run in to get damage so while it may seem bad in your favour, just gotta find the right opportunities to run in attack, run out.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Ugh, diddy. Hate this matchup. Honestly, pick battlefield and stay on the platforms, don't let his bananas trip you and if you can, either throw away his bananas or use them for effective glide tosses. This mu is mainly you jumping to dodge his bananas and finding openings.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Im only here cuz I am very bored, there doesn't seem to be much trouble with playing DK. we should talk about other things
i'll start: what is your favorite animal and why/how is that reflected in your favorite vacation spot?

Labernash

Smash Lord
Hardest. Question.

I love Gorillas and namely, Squirrel monkeys. And any kind of cat really. And that reflects my favorite vacation spot, Florida, because I can still watch baby Gorillas wrestle on Youtube in Florida.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
damn, you're good.
My fave animal is the turtle and my favorite spot is Holden beach, yearly family trip. there's turtle watches all the time there.
I should probably like monkeys or something but only when they aren't throwing their matter around. DK is classy, wears a tie and all that.

JediDK

Smash Rookie
Real Name?
Cameron :)

How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag?
2009... well I was young and liked to play star wars games . Also liked playing DK.

Your Age

Where You're From
California

A Picture Of Yourself
http://www.facebook.com/CheersCLUB

Favorite Video Games
Graal (Zodiac) , SFO , SSBB , Doom2 Ports ...

Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments?
I mained Dk the fact that he was low teer and I wanted to prove a point (Same reasons I play CF) , I don't attend tournys.

Interesting Things About Yourself

Besides video games I like dancing , playing other video games... playing video games ya know just playin' games in general !
Eating poptarts is a daily thing yakno

Labernash

Smash Lord
TURTLES ARE FREAKING ADORABLE!!!! Very nice, Waldorf, very nice.

Daaaannnggg, JediDK GOIN INNNNN!!! What kind of dancing do you do?

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
also DK isn't low tier
he's a respectable mid high tier.
but the point still stands there are not many of us.

and **** YEAH TURTLES
BEST ANIMALS EVER
I DON'T OFTEN LOVE ANIMALS
BUT WHEN I DO
I TAKE IT SLOW

Ruinn

Smash Ace
I have a question that's so simple yet I don't know the answer.

Dk has two get up attacks, the one with his butt and his hand. What buttons do you need to hit in order to use each? I mean, in the weirdest times where I may have wanted to do the but getup attack, I'd use the hand, and vice versa.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
he's talking about ledge attack and its determined by what % you are at.

<100% butt attack
>100% hand slap

Labernash

Smash Lord
Sold2, how do you not have a favorite animal?! You seem like a Red Panda kind of person to me.

Nah guys, I thought he was talking about grounded get-up attacks too. But, I think Firefly is right. Like, tripping and stuff will make you land on the ground in a different position.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
It's decided: sold2 is a red panda kind of guy
and for the record if DK fell a different way and had a different getup attack
that would be an awesome mechanic
just sayin
but yeah edges suck after 100, you gonna get punished,
the butt blast though
get outta jail freeeee

JediDK

Smash Rookie
helpful hint- DK's need to stop focusing on getting their punch charged beacuse it puts us in bad positions way too often. There are also certain matchups where its better to rush them down at the beggining rather than charge the punch, EX: snake & diddy. its important to stop these characters from easily gaining stage control early in the game.
Even though this is quite old , I was watching videos of this guy vs Marth (very good counter character...) all he was doing was charge just to miss instead of using nair ..

Also; if anyone can link me to there videos , I been playing DK since 2009 now I don't know where I stand in skill level.

JediDK

Smash Rookie
Watch will, if you're not better then him then your one of us. :troll:
I'm sure hes the one I learned from (watched the video started doing bair , self learned from there) but I haven't seen one of his videos in over 3-2 years 0.o .

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Am I the only person who doesn't like DK's <100% Get-up off the ledge? I don't understand why it's that good other than being big. Like getting off the edge without it isn't that difficult.

Also red pandas are cool little things.

Top Bottom