• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Laaaaaaaabernaasssssssh
wat up
once it's summer and I lose all social contact im gonna wifi it up with you guys
and go random -_-
because wifi
and footstool and taunt and dashdance like a mother****er

Labernash

Smash Lord
I footstool and taunt and dashdance in person. I do it on Brawl too!

I made a joke lolololol

Guys, what's your favorite thing about SUMMER!!?!?!?

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Iunno, maybe it's because I keep comparing offline me to online me, which isn't right. XD

Thanks though. :)

My DK needs work in some areas after playing you and Neon.

amm070787

Smash Rookie
Followed this forum for a long time but just joined. Sick of playing taunt games on wifi and wanted some real matches. Don't know anyone that plays in person so I haven't had real competition in probably 2 years and I didn't main DK then. Would love to see how quickly I lose to some of you guys lol

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
by taunt games you mean basic brawl right? I've never seen taunt battles on AiB or SWF finders. use aiB free chat if you haven't, people there are....free. and there's lots of em
I'd wifi with you during the summer maybe but I don't wifi during school year, more fun to offline.

amm070787

Smash Rookie
yes i do mean randoms. i have no idea what either of those are... link to information? i'd love to get some better matches going

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Didn't have the best connection, but I actually did quite well against Neon.

He was probably dying of cancer* at the time, though. XD

*cancer is not a joke

Neon!

Smash Lord
Didn't have the best connection, but I actually did quite well against Neon.

He was probably dying of cancer* at the time, though. XD

*cancer is not a joke
I had just gotten back from a 12 hour shift, I was throwing up throughout our matches and had a migrain. It was also so hot in the room that I was perspiring mayonnaise.

You did fine lol. I've played with Will and Cable many times online and know the (wifi) ditto very well. Unfortunately the irl ditto is much different.

Welcome to the DK crew Ammo! Aib is great place to start if you dont have any friends nearby that are as good as you. Try chatting on freeplay or joining the ladder, you'll get lots of experience fast if you have a good connection.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I believe me and Will are both going to Vengeance, so I'll have to meet him then. Unfortunately I don't think I'm entering.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
He's prolly the coolest guy you Will ever meet. And he's a rapist when you actually play him, my goodness. XD

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Also guys I found this really cool strategy we haven't been abusing enough. I was thinking it was really hard to approach vs characters who put out a ton of hitboxes, like Snake and Toon Link and I was thinking through all out options and I think I'm a genius. One of the big problems with approaching vs characters like that is that if you commit to an option and they react fast enough, most of our moves have so much cool down we just get hit by freaking everything. We also get stuck in a lot of situations where we just can't get a move out fast enough to clank a boomerang or something, but I think I got a solution. I've been approaching with aerial down-b recently and it's really freaking good! That move starts up and ends in like 1 frame, you can just like air dodge afterwards or something it's so good omg. That being said april fools and here's some more text at the end to make it less freaking obvious.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Also guys I found this really cool strategy we haven't been abusing enough. I was thinking it was really hard to approach vs characters who put out a ton of hitboxes, like Snake and Toon Link and I was thinking through all out options and I think I'm a genius. One of the big problems with approaching vs characters like that is that if you commit to an option and they react fast enough, most of our moves have so much cool down we just get hit by freaking everything. We also get stuck in a lot of situations where we just can't get a move out fast enough to clank a boomerang or something, but I think I got a solution. I've been approaching with bair recently and it's really freaking good! That move starts up and ends in like 1 frame, you can just like air dodge afterwards or something it's so good omg. That being said april fools and here's some more text at the end to make it less freaking obvious.
*10 billion fixes

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Hey Sold! Terribly sorry but it seems I won't be attending Vengeance this weekend =/ I was very interested in going, but work really gets in the way.

And seeing how I purchased a brand new PC recently, I really need to save up to make up for that as well as save up for SRT if I'm really going to Japan.

I'm sure we'll meet eventually!! Just keep going to stuff and I'll keep trying to make more efforts to travel =x

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Buy a new PC... and then head to Japan for a tournament?
Man, wish I had money like that to throw.
It's not coming in easy! I'm working two jobs all week, I hardly have spare time lately.

That's actually the reason I haven't been to tournaments in about a month. I haven't had time to practice so I'd rather not show up and get bodied by my fellow NY/NJ brawl monsters =P

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Ah don't worry about it Will. I really do need to meet you some day but yesterday I repped the Red Tie.

I mean I didn't enter the tournament but I wore a rather nice tie.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
seriously guys. im having a very hard time with two of the following mu's.

Toon Link : runs away all match and just bombs, boomerangs, zair's, or arrows you. then once you rack up enough damage you're eating one of his aerials. How do I get by this?

Rob: Pretty similar. If you're far away from him, expect a laser or a gyro,, if you're decently close to him but out of dsmash reach, expect a gyro, and if you're beside him, prepare for spotdodge dsmash, or ftilt. How do I get by this?

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
with toon link, I need the same help. the damage he racks up on me is ridiculous. I feel like I could practice up on spot dodging and reduce the damage, but not by that much.

With Rob, you want to get him in the air and be REALLY on point with your aerials. Your bair can space through most everything rob has, often rob will depend on fair and nair to get in, but with bair you can get through.
try to predict down smashes and if you shield the whole thing you get a free grab
don't be under rob if you can, and try to have your double jump. rob's uair will deal a sweet 18 to 24 damage and he can chain two.
I honestly don't worry much about laser, just know that it's what rob ALWAYS does when you start to charge punch. if you punch and then predict laser and approach it can get you a bit closer to rob
Gyro is a HUGE pain, because DK is so big. it takes away a whole part of the stage, and for example if it's in the middle of fd you have to jump over it. dodge a laser with double jump, and you just put yourself in a position to fall into rob's grab or tilts or jab, lmao.
When I play against stingers, I take a lot of damage but my kills come from hard reads to down smash, and punched through things rob thinks is safe
Remember to punish rob like MAD when he's on the edge, especially if he has no gyro. if he get up attacks, it's an easy to punish, safe downsmash.
What I basically do is reduce the EXTENT that I get punished when my approached are foiled, as the majority are. if you lose double jump, punch if charged or punch charge turnaround are not necessarily safe, but rob will get at most a grab on you.
One last thing: if a rob has a tendency to spot dodge downsmash, but also spot dodge grabs, one gimmick choice is to jump in, read the spotdodge and IMMEDIATELY short hop headbutt. if doen correctly rob won't really have much to do about it.
Oh, and if you're playing wifi: give up. rob is too pro on wifi, no chance breh

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Guys, theres a video of some of the best dks in a ffa I think on pictochat. near the end they all get on the springs and start dairing each other in sync to epic music! please link me if you know the one!

Top Bottom