• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Region?

th0rn

Smash Lord
How important a MM is compared to a tournament set differs not only from person to person, but from player to player (Some people would rather MM for $100 instead of getting 2nd-3rd at a tournament and make $100, while others want the satisfaction in knowing they beat people/placed well in a tournament setting).

For Ally, I personally think there is a difference between MM's and tournament sets, and that for at least him we cannot consider them as near equal worth.

Ally tries hard in tournament. He goes there not just to win money, but to WIN the tournament. If we wants a good shot at winning, he most likely would try to avoid fatiguing himself by playing too much or playing too intensely. Think about when he MM's people; he usually does it before tournament and he's usually more or less forced into MMing a large amount of people. Even if he is having to do MM's for $20 or larger, I don't think he is going to go into a MM with the same mindset that he would have in tournament, at least not once you get past 17th place or so in tournament where things start to really get serious.

Even if he wanted to, it's hard for a lot of players to treat MM's with the same mindset as an important tournament set. It's generally easier to go into a tournament setting with the mindset that "I have to win this" compared to a MM (especially the ones he usually does, $20 or less).

Now personally I do try pretty hard to win in MM's, and I can get away with playing at peak performance/playing really intense simply because I don't do many MM's and playing really hard for a set or two outside of tournament generally isn't enough to hinder me drastically once the tournament starts, but it's rare for Ally to MM less that 10-15, even 20+ people before a tournament starts.

So for him, I do think that his MM sets count less than his tournament sets, but with most things you have to consider all the aspects surrounding his Set and judge whether you think it counts as much as a tournament set. This evaluation naturally will differ from person to person concerning the same subject, and with different subjects it's reasonable to assume that evaluations will differ slightly with each different person.
Cool story bro.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Cool story bro.
Indeed, it would seem that I have publicly posted a lengthy opinion of events, told such that modern society would deem as "cool". I shall further provide sufficiently "cool" stories later as the days pass.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I was too lazy to read all the pages so I just suggest we all get together and fund a Coast 2 Coast Crew Battle Tournament?

It will be set up by brackets, 5 of the top players of each Coast on a crew, bracketized, then eventually meets up with final coast in grand finals.

Best way to see who's better. Straight up.

Oh BTW: M2K has been EC until recently, but his alignment remains with himself. Same goes for Ally since he is in Canada. Who they side with can only depend on where they feel more comfortable or where there is more money. :p

EDIT: IMO - I may seem bias since I am in the East Coast.. but I'd have to say that EC has the most talented players, by far. Regions such as MD/VA and NY/NJ have shown great talent in the usage of multiple characters. Azen Zagenite, ChuDat, NinjaLink, Neo and PyronicStar are prime examples..

Anther

Smash Champion
I didn't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American, it's the only language I can understand!

So, as a side note...who are the people who have beaten Ally in a set? As far as I know, they're:

ADHD
Mew2King
swordgard
Hunger
ksizzle
mikeHAZE
DEHF
Azen
CO18
Lain

Anybody else?
wut bout anthr ;_;

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
You can almost define what a top player is by if he has or hasn't beaten Ally in a set. XD On that note, who's hunger?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You can almost define what a top player is by if he has or hasn't beaten Ally in a set. XD On that note, who's hunger?
I can't fight his character at all. I have a better chance against Mew2King. :(

I have a winning record against Ally in teams if you don't count when he's with Mew2King (aka cheating klsdfg;sdgj).

Sliq

Smash Master
I think Inui's worst region is his upper front, because that is where his mouth is locating.

Ya burned.

j/k

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
How important a MM is compared to a tournament set differs not only from person to person, but from player to player (Some people would rather MM for $100 instead of getting 2nd-3rd at a tournament and make $100, while others want the satisfaction in knowing they beat people/placed well in a tournament setting).

For Ally, I personally think there is a difference between MM's and tournament sets, and that for at least him we cannot consider them as near equal worth.

Ally tries hard in tournament. He goes there not just to win money, but to WIN the tournament. If we wants a good shot at winning, he most likely would try to avoid fatiguing himself by playing too much or playing too intensely. Think about when he MM's people; he usually does it before tournament and he's usually more or less forced into MMing a large amount of people. Even if he is having to do MM's for $20 or larger, I don't think he is going to go into a MM with the same mindset that he would have in tournament, at least not once you get past 17th place or so in tournament where things start to really get serious.

Even if he wanted to, it's hard for a lot of players to treat MM's with the same mindset as an important tournament set. It's generally easier to go into a tournament setting with the mindset that "I have to win this" compared to a MM (especially the ones he usually does, $20 or less).

Now personally I do try pretty hard to win in MM's, and I can get away with playing at peak performance/playing really intense simply because I don't do many MM's and playing really hard for a set or two outside of tournament generally isn't enough to hinder me drastically once the tournament starts, but it's rare for Ally to MM less that 10-15, even 20+ people before a tournament starts.

So for him, I do think that his MM sets count less than his tournament sets, but with most things you have to consider all the aspects surrounding his Set and judge whether you think it counts as much as a tournament set. This evaluation naturally will differ from person to person concerning the same subject, and with different subjects it's reasonable to assume that evaluations will differ slightly with each different person.
High quality posting.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
we all know the coasts have the best smashers

but what comes after is the real question this is my theory

1. East Coast
2. West Coast
3. Southwest
4. Midwest
5. Southeast
6. Canada

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The Anti/Ally team is more broken than the M2K/Ally.
Uh...no. At least not for me. You/Ally feels perfectly beatable if Atomsk and I are playing well. Mew2King is not beatable for either of us; he trained us and has us too memorized.

we all know the coasts have the best smashers

but what comes after is the real question this is my theory

1. East Coast
2. West Coast
3. Southwest
4. Midwest
5. Southeast
6. Canada
Midwest > Southwest.

Otherwise, correct.

JFox

Smash Hero
some people have money to throw around and dont really care that much about losing a $5 mm. on the other hand, some people know they arent going to make it into the money in tourney but join anyway, and dont take that terribly serious either. u really cant determine anything ever if u want to be that technical. But theres this thing the community made up called "No Johns" and basically it means put up or shut up, cuz no one wants to hear ur excuses.

If u dont want people to brag about beating u in a MM that u didnt care about, u prob shouldnt have done it. If u weren't feelin in the mood for singles, u shouldnt have entered. And if u didnt care about either of those two things, then u certainly shouldnt care when u get ranked low, cuz ranking just reflects performance.

Quit johning for yourselves and others. Let results speak for themselves.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
some people have money to throw around and dont really care that much about losing a $5 mm. on the other hand, some people know they arent going to make it into the money in tourney but join anyway, and dont take that terribly serious either. u really cant determine anything ever if u want to be that technical. But theres this thing the community made up called "No Johns" and basically it means put up or shut up, cuz no one wants to hear ur excuses.

If u dont want people to brag about beating u in a MM that u didnt care about, u prob shouldnt have done it. If u weren't feelin in the mood for singles, u shouldnt have entered. And if u didnt care about either of those two things, then u certainly shouldnt care when u get ranked low, cuz ranking just reflects performance.

Quit johning for yourselves and others. Let results speak for themselves.
I'm not gonna lie, this is easily my favorite JFox post ever.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Uh...no. At least not for me. You/Ally feels perfectly beatable if Atomsk and I are playing well. Mew2King is not beatable for either of us; he trained us and has us too memorized.
Well you guys obv were playing well since you beat Ksizzle/Shadow + Boss/P~S

You just cant beat Snake. :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well you guys obv were playing well since you beat Ksizzle/Shadow + Boss/P~S

You just cant beat Snake. :D
I think Atomsk and I both alternated being pretty off against those guys and all day in general; we rarely BOTH played well, which is why we got owned by you guys. I was terrible game one, he was terrible game two. We got pretty lucky in game three against ksizzle/Shadow, btw.

Beating Luigi/Olimar with MK/MK does not require playing that well tbqh. >_>;

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I think Atomsk and I both alternated being pretty off against those guys and all day in general; we rarely BOTH played well, which is why we got owned by you guys. I was terrible game one, he was terrible game two. We got pretty lucky in game three against ksizzle/Shadow, btw.

Beating Luigi/Olimar with MK/MK does not require playing that well tbqh. >_>;
And obviously i was kidding about Me/Ally being better than M2K/Ally

chillax.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

chillax.
Um... You/Ally could be better. Who knows? You beat Mew2King/Tyrant pretty solidly. You're better at being a supporter/camper than Mew2King is and actually have other characters.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
me/ally is way better you're out of your mind. Tyrant was not doing well vs either of you nor supporting me after i went in first (ally would just dash attack me as tyrant stood there instead of taking the free hit opportunity)

chillax.
Stop being a prick and take jokes.

meepxzero

Smash Master
i thought people did money matches just to learn peoples styles and use it against them in tourney... I know not everyone does that, but most players do. I remember one time infernomni did a buncha money matches with dsf and he was winning a good majority of them. Then when tourney time came dsf beat omni because he knew how to fight him.

money matches are important and all, but some people have different agendas with them and it really doesnt judge whos better.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Jfox, Banks, Inui, Cactuar, my hat goes off to these gentleman.

Also, AZ, at first I was upset you made this thread, but now I'm hyped because you managed to stir up some more rivalry in both games. GJ sir.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
oh hi.

im not one to "rage" =)

people just dont know the midwest outside of anther,judge,lain :laugh:

edit: Anti is the best doubles partner on the east coast.
hey, random smasher. =)

jk, I'm completely ignorant about none east coast smashers. I think I can only name 3 smashers from WC (for brawl anyway).

And is it me or does Mew2king only respond to negative posts? lol

on topic:.... I second the idea of a tourney dedicated to settling this debate. It would be really epic and maaaaad fun.

Tink

Smash Hero
on topic:.... I second the idea of a tourney dedicated to settling this debate. It would be really epic and maaaaad fun.

its called pound 4!!!!! every1 go!!!!!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Southwest is balls. Just put us as last.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Nah, but the south east and south west are united in common ideologies such as dinosaurs not existing and McCain-Palin was a sound choice for the presidency. The only thing we differ from really is that the Southwest has cowboys and the south east has rappers.

Top Bottom