• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Metaknight

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Did I play you on AiB by chance? I think I remember you.

OmegaKyogre is good, but I 2 stocked him pretty regularly and he only be me one out of 7 or so matches. I placed second in Brawlcentrals online tournament and 13th at FAST, the 3rd biggest brawl tournament so far (which I might point out was my first REAL tournament).

But Clouderz has a better Metaknight than mine, and I've never been able to beat him, though I've gotten VERY close. He 2 stocks me occasionally when I really mess up. I have issues with MK dittos though. I have trouble beating Defensive metaknights like Toliethomor (though I got EXTREMELY close).

The best Metaknights I've seen would be
M2K > Clouderz > Wonderbread > Toliethumor > Me > GOD though I haven't played many Metaknight players from Smashboards in real tournaments.
Nothing online has any bearing on real skill at all.

Tyser

Smash Champion
I dont understand why people even bring up online/WIFI anymore. You just look like a scrub by doing so.

Staco

Smash Champion
Nothing online has any bearing on real skill at all.
people who say that, are only saying that, for having sth. to say, if they loose :p
I can say, my controller dont wanted to make, what I made or sth. like that

lame excuse, for people, which are too bad online, because the others are too good for them
offline is better, everyone knows, but who says sth. like that only needs a lame excuse for his looses
online is skill, too , only if it lags like hell, and mostly it doesnt lag
and button delay ist not mor than 0,1 seconds, so dont cry around and search for an excuse xP

ps: yes it was me redhalberd, and I guess I got better now
you know, I only play since 4 weeks, european release <<

and tell me, how do you want to find the best mk, when there are japanes, american, european and so on players, without online

pss: I have problems against mks, too, with mk
worst matchup ><

and tell me, I played online all the time at the start of brawl
then I played offline and I was good, too
and I played against pros offline, which only played offline, but after 2-5 matches I could play my character offline as good as online, and I am very good for that short time of playing

the most player who say things like this are noobs, play oen time against serpit, he is amazing
and he doesnt need excuses for loosing
redhalberd doesnt need excuses for loosing online, too
and some other pros, whcih can play online and offline, too!

OverLade

Smash Hero
I dont understand why people even bring up online/WIFI anymore. You just look like a scrub by doing so.
I agree with this, but not completely. After playing a whole tournament offline I understand why people say online sucks so much.

But lets be realistic, Online has limitations, because there are things that may work better online better than offline because of the delay (things are more or less predictable). But online WILL improve your game. I didn't place 13th in a huge tournament and beat pros ONLY playing Online prior to that because Online didn't help me get better. If online is your only options, then play online, because it WILL teach you things about matchups. And it hasn't messed up my offline timing at all. I can pick up offline and play just as well as online.

And if you win consistently offline, and win consistently online then it does say something about skill. I'm used to playing online, so I've learned to adjust to the difference, and so has everyone else who plays online, that's the difference. If I had the option not to play online, I would, but it's the only way I'm going to get matchup experience since there are few local brawlers in my area.

Criticize online if you want, but if you played me in real life you'd change your mind about its effects on your offline game.

And I forgot about Forte.

Forte is good, but M2K is much better. Azen's lucario did nasty things to Forte's MK. I'd probably put Forte in the top 5, but I don't beleive he's the best anymore, not close.

Staco

Smash Champion
and there is one thing to know
your opponent plays wifi, too
he has the same problems like you
he has the same delay like you
use this delay
often you can hear wifi pros say: I used the lag for me
and you will get better with playing online, too
look at serpit
he plays an amazing lucas, I think the best on the world
he plays to 98% wifi
and he rules everyone in offline tourneys, too
what do you learn?
wifi is good for training
better than ****ing coms or only playing friends sometimes

look at me
I am playing online and offline
offline if I can, if I cant I play online to get better
and with every match I play, offline or online, I get better on both things
and online/offline tricks mostly work in the other mode, too ;)

b2t
I dont think m2ks mk is the best
the most of you only say this, because he is m2k, a top melee player
he plays very good, but he dont plays like the best, only one of the best, I guess
I think there should be a list of a few best/top mk players
find the single best of them isnt possible immo

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
and there is one thing to know
your opponent plays wifi, too
he has the same problems like you
he has the same delay like you
use this delay
often you can hear wifi pros say: I used the lag for me
and you will get better with playing online, too
look at serpit
he plays an amazing lucas, I think the best on the world
he plays to 98% wifi
and he rules everyone in offline tourneys, too
what do you learn?
wifi is good for training
better than ****ing coms or only playing friends sometimes

look at me
I am playing online and offline
offline if I can, if I cant I play online to get better
and with every match I play, offline or online, I get better on both things
and online/offline tricks mostly work in the other mode, too ;)

b2t
I dont think m2ks mk is the best
the most of you only say this, because he is m2k, a top melee player
he plays very good, but he dont plays like the best, only one of the best, I guess
I think there should be a list of a few best/top mk players
find the single best of them isnt possible immo
m2k has won like 5k playing Brawl. I don't know anyone else thats come close to that.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Noir, you neglect Lee, the greatest smasher to ever live (he won the terrible nintendo tourney for $5000 and some other ish)!

Sunburn2King (daaangg) is currently the best MK and anyone who disagrees is a moron...
Oh the world champion? How could I forget.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Noir, you neglect Lee, the greatest smasher to ever live (he won the terrible nintendo tourney for $5000 and some other ish)!

Sunburn2King (daaangg) is currently the best MK and anyone who disagrees is a moron...
Sunburn who? Lolz. *googles*

Your search - Sunburn2King - did not match any documents.

Yeah, he's a lot better than Mewtwo king mos def. :D

Mewtwo king, you seems to have the most knowledge of Metaknights absolute potential. You do things nobody else seems to have thought of, especially using MK's nair. That edguarding thing where you stand on the very edge, and have their get up attack hit you, knock you off the stage, and hit them with a nair as you fall down is pure genious.

And like I said, Wifi will help you if you have no other option, and won't hurt your offline game as much as people say. Many great players, Azen, Bardull, Tapion, all play on Wifi, so I wouldn't say it hinders your ability to have skill. SKILL determines how well you play, though offline experience is a huge plus, and I'd never tell anyone to play exclusively online even if it was there only option.

edit: Gmoney your sig is ****in beastly. :D

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Erm...

Azen's Lucario does nasty things to anyone on this planet, not just Forte. lol

Azen is probably just as good as anyone who plays this game. He's fawkin good. That doesn't mean Forte's not a good MetaKnight.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
If I had to take an opinion of the best MKs it would be me, Azen, Vidjo/Forte/InfernoOmni. I seriously think Azen is the next best MK after me, because of how smart he is, but he doesn't know as much about the character so he works with less moves (he uses down smash too much when he could use better moves at times, but that's due to not knowing the character as well) and Vidjo has so much potential but he hardly goes to tourneys, hardly ever plays the game, and when he does go to tourneys he wins them anyway.

BTW a lot of my MK stuff I learned playing vidjo (in brawl's early days, I stayed over Vidjo's house for a week and we played like 2-3 hours each day, but this is right when I was learning MK). Vidjo's favorite character is Lucas, but he uses MK cuz MK is better than Lucas (we both discovered grab release bull**** and posted it on back room and it spread like wildfire, but it was going to be found out soon anyway). But yeah, Vidjo thinks up some pretty smart stuff, but I think he has potential to improve a ton if he played with the right people (me/azen/etc).

Master Raven

Smash Master
I agree with this, but not completely. After playing a whole tournament offline I understand why people say online sucks so much.

But lets be realistic, Online has limitations, because there are things that may work better online better than offline because of the delay (things are more or less predictable). But online WILL improve your game. I didn't place 13th in a huge tournament and beat pros ONLY playing Online prior to that because Online didn't help me get better. If online is your only options, then play online, because it WILL teach you things about matchups. And it hasn't messed up my offline timing at all. I can pick up offline and play just as well as online.

And if you win consistently offline, and win consistently online then it does say something about skill. I'm used to playing online, so I've learned to adjust to the difference, and so has everyone else who plays online, that's the difference. If I had the option not to play online, I would, but it's the only way I'm going to get matchup experience since there are few local brawlers in my area.

Criticize online if you want, but if you played me in real life you'd change your mind about its effects on your offline game.

And I forgot about Forte.

Forte is good, but M2K is much better. Azen's lucario did nasty things to Forte's MK. I'd probably put Forte in the top 5, but I don't beleive he's the best anymore, not close.
I'm sorry for not making much of a useful contribution here but I absolutely agree with you 100%.

ctk495

Smash Cadet
M2K is the best in the world too bad he lost to a jigglypuff in melee on pound 3.

OverLade

Smash Hero
M2K is the best in the world too bad he lost to a jigglypuff in melee on pound 3.
Don't hate on M2K, everyone has off days (which isn't saying much when you win every tournament). Mango (I think it was) is a very good player, and I don't beleive M2K was playing at his best (I watched the videos).

And I pointed out Forte in comparison to M2K's Metaknight. Forte seemed taken aback by Azens Lucario, while M2K didn't let the matchup phase him.

BTW Mew2king do you think that Knowledge of individual characters is one of your exceptional strengths, or just a standard strength of good players?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
LOL i have no knowledge of individual characters in brawl, i know a few random things in melee but experience matters most, and i usually only get them at actual tourneys. I think i just learn fast or something idk. I usually make up good strategies fast just from experimenting.

OverLade

Smash Hero
LOL i have no knowledge of individual characters in brawl, i know a few random things in melee but experience matters most, and i usually only get them at actual tourneys. I think i just learn fast or something idk. I usually make up good strategies fast just from experimenting.
I can relate to that, I'm a pretty fast learner. But I can't lie, I have the most trouble against characters that I don't use myself because I'm occasionally taken by suprise because of lack of knowledge.

Honestly though, how do you beat Snake with Metaknight? I caught fleeting glimses of your matches with Afro, and I noticed Nair WOP's and Dair air camping. But I didn't really absorb anything else. How do you approach a good snake?

Staco

Smash Champion
I can relate to that, I'm a pretty fast learner. But I can't lie, I have the most trouble against characters that I don't use myself because I'm occasionally taken by suprise because of lack of knowledge.

Honestly though, how do you beat Snake with Metaknight? I caught fleeting glimses of your matches with Afro, and I noticed Nair WOP's and Dair air camping. But I didn't really absorb anything else. How do you approach a good snake?
lol, I have the most rouble against metaknights xD
its a completly other matchup, than against other chars ><
mk dittos are horrible

whats the best to do in it? =/

TomTom

Smash Cadet
Join Date- April 2008. That explains your ignorance
-coughs loudly-

This isn't necessarily the only forum people have used, and while I admittedly don't have tournament experience, why use join date/post count to gauge knowledge? It's fairly short-sighted.

no its just i hate these "who is the best *insert character*" topics

they dont solve anything and its wayyyyyy opinionated and especially since brawl needs to be out at least a year before someone could claim they are the "best" with that character, whatever that means

oh and i hate m2k too your right lol
Same. He's such a weird guy.

>________>

D

Deleted member

-coughs loudly-

This isn't necessarily the only forum people have used, and while I admittedly don't have tournament experience, why use join date/post count to gauge knowledge? It's fairly short-sighted.
haha i was on the boards since 04' but didnt make an account til 06' so i know where your coming from =)

OverLade

Smash Hero
haha i was on the boards since 04' but didnt make an account til 06' so i know where your coming from =)
You might notice my join date being in 2006, but I didn't really post until brawl came out. I wasn't too hardcore on the melee competitive community, but I've always been here. Luckily I have tourney credentials and high post counts on other brawl forums to back myself up if need be. I don't consider myself anywhere near high status here, but I can prove I'm not a scrub. Smashboards is awful biased against postcount though lol.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
You might notice my join date being in 2006, but I didn't really post until brawl came out. I wasn't too hardcore on the melee competitive community, but I've always been here. Luckily I have tourney credentials and high post counts on other brawl forums to back myself up if need be. I don't consider myself anywhere near high status here, but I can prove I'm not a scrub. Smashboards is awful biased against postcount though lol.
nah...only biased against late 07/08 join dates combined with bad logic and random people who've never accomplished anything thinking they're good

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
08 Joiner who has reasoning? Hax? I lurked since the beginning of 07 but seeing as there wasn't much I could do to help Melee's metagame, I decided to just observe. Now Brawl's out and I know pretty much all there is to know about it, I feel I can be of help. Im sure many 08 joiners are in the same position as me.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
So far, the only people I hear about is Anther, Afro Thunder, M2k, DSF, and Azen in Brawl. Seeing as how M2K mains metaknight, and how he consistently wins nearly every tournament he goes to he is the best MK.

Top Bottom