• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Metaknight

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
My apologies to anyone who disagrees, I had the misfortune of forgetting that these are Brawl boards full of ignorance and new upstarts who think track records of the best players out there mean nothing.
Plus I think M2K is pretty cool. I don't feel like he puts down anyone and he is fairly entertaining, and hella good at Smash.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
His D3 is mostly his counter pick against snakes nowadays. Either way he would crush me with either character terribly.
I heard DSF is a beast, but haven't heard TOO much about him recently, any word on whether or not he is actually good?

OverLade

Smash Hero
His D3 is mostly his counter pick against snakes nowadays. Either way he would crush me with either character terribly.
I heard DSF is a beast, but haven't heard TOO much about him recently, any word on whether or not he is actually good?
M2Ks Meta seems to do just fine at ****** snakes. D3 is a truly nasty counterpick against snake especially when you counterpick pokemon stadium one. It's just like demanding Snakerape.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Speaking of counterpicking with D3... I have a question for M2K.

In what match-ups do you usually switch from MK to D3? I noticed you switched when you faced Azen's Lucario and Reflex's Wario, but who else?

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
haha metaknight is like the counter pick for everyone :) I mean seriously he can possibly gimp everyone.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
at chus biweekly yesterday i fought greg in tourney, i 2 stocked him twice at high % with mk vs snake, and i beat omni in mk dittos. plank beat omni in mk dittos but only cuz of a 0% footstool spike i heard. greg beat forte 1 stock low mid % twice in a row and got 3rd. azen beat forte 2-1, the first two were close, but the last game azen won by 2 stock low %. I just got done playing forte for hours last night in brawl (at chus, where im at right now), teaching him tons of little things that i know, so I think hell do really good in the future. I think I'm improving really fast, as I get more experience.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
m2k teach me things

and about the footstool, no johns, he shouldnt have been in that position or he could have forward b'd back instead of up+bing XD

OverLade

Smash Hero
at chus biweekly yesterday i fought greg in tourney, i 2 stocked him twice at high % with mk vs snake, and i beat omni in mk dittos. plank beat omni in mk dittos but only cuz of a 0% footstool spike i heard. greg beat forte 1 stock low mid % twice in a row and got 3rd. azen beat forte 2-1, the first two were close, but the last game azen won by 2 stock low %. I just got done playing forte for hours last night in brawl (at chus, where im at right now), teaching him tons of little things that i know, so I think hell do really good in the future. I think I'm improving really fast, as I get more experience.
Would you say that Forte is better than Omni? And are vids up yet?

And what makes your MK so much different than Fortes that you can handle snake players so easily? I'm really dying to know XD.

OverLade

Smash Hero
i dont even like fighting snake, i think snake has the advantage vs mk, im just a good player at smash i guess *shrug* i don't really know

forte and omni are about the same level i guess, it's too close, but I think Azen is the 2nd best MK
Lol, yeah, you might be good at smash after winning a few tournies. :p

And I agree, I can't see how anyone thinks MK has an egdge over snake. Any sort of head on battle Metaknight loses, and eats Utilt.

Did Azen use Lucario mostly in the tourney though?

Staco

Smash Champion
I think snake is good against mk
I hate mk dittos, so I use snake and then I win against mks, lol

Master Raven

Smash Master
Falco's actually pretty decent for Snakes, Red.

I don't have too much trouble fighting Snakes with MK, although I know that Snake has a slight advantage in this matchup (it's 5:5 if you ask me). I do however prefer using DK for Snakes.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
i've only rly played one snake that gives me trouble, their easy for me imo, MK all the way

;_;

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
i personly like gimpy cause he uses green MK like me :chuckle:. but the best idk M2K cause hes was the best in melee so why not brawl.

OverLade

Smash Hero
i've only rly played one snake that gives me trouble, their easy for me imo, MK all the way

;_;
Ally or Tapion?

Im alright with just any snake, but I cant beat pro snakes (I lost to the best in FL and the best in Puerto rico).

And from what Ive seen Falco is a better snake counter than ROB (thats why ive been working on him lol), though I dont know about DK. I like Falco over the others because you dont have to worry about any camping period.

Top Bottom