• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Metaknight

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
Who do you think the best Metaknight is alot of people say TrueEqual but then others still insist its M2k or Azen? What do you guys think also what do you think determines skill from one metaknight to the next, What makes a good metaknight Broken and a average metaknight good.

zaf

Smash Lord
There isn't a best mk right now, still. The game isnt old enough to have a best since so many people are still un discovered. So i would wait atleast a year or so to ask that again. This goes for any char tho.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
There isn't a best mk right now, still. The game isnt old enough to have a best since so many people are still un discovered. So i would wait atleast a year or so to ask that again. This goes for any char tho.
But this is like what I am talking about I feel as though there is nothing to measure up to if everyone is "supposedly" on the same level which I believe is a lie because what separates a Good metaknight that gets put in the losers bracket from one that wins the whole thing and never goes into the loser bracket. Or better yet what separates a mk player that gets put in the loser bracket all the time versus one that always places well.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
Right now, M2K

[/thread]
why do you say that ? that makes his m2k really good? I am not saying its not I am just asking in comparison to alot of m2k players even dojo I think his m2k is good. I also saw your vid against that falco that was kind of rough ;\ it brought some concern to me as well because playing against a char that can spam projectiles that the tornado can't cancel is disgusting makes it harder to be effective with mk.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
why do you say that ? that makes his m2k really good? I am not saying its not I am just asking in comparison to alot of m2k players even dojo I think his m2k is good.
I say M2K, right now, because of how well he's done competitively.

I also saw your vid against that falco that was kind of rough ;\ it brought some concern to me as well because playing against a char that can spam projectiles that the tornado can't cancel is disgusting makes it harder to be effective with mk.
Yeah, Falco can be a pretty hard match-up for MK.

Also, those vids of mine are almost 2 months old; I wouldn't recommend using them as a direct reference as to how the match-up should be played.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
Also, those vids of mine are almost 2 months old; I wouldn't recommend using them as a direct reference as to how the match-up should be played.
I am sure your way better :\ I think it was more enlightening for me. The thing that got me was that falco was so polished in his playing style ,strategy and execution I was trying to figure out how he even got into the losers bracket. Was the competition that steep ? I mean what were "other" players doing that was soooo good it was beating technical players like that.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I am sure your way better :\ I think it was more enlightening for me. The thing that got me was that falco was so polished in his playing style ,strategy and execution I was trying to figure out how he even got into the losers bracket. Was the competition that steep ? I mean what were "other" players doing that was soooo good it was beating technical players like that.
Wait... Loser's Bracket? The Falco vids I have weren't even tourney matches.

Are you talking about Infinity's matches against Sethlon?

CO18

Smash Hero
M2K is easily the best MK.

He wins every tourney he attends, saw him at Fast and havent seen anything like it.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
M2K is easily the best MK.

He wins every tourney he attends, saw him at Fast and havent seen anything like it.
Its funny I was about to go to that tournament in VA where he was attending so I heard but he won first with King Dedede Its like its throwing me off now who is playing King Dedede , Marth or MK?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Its funny I was about to go to that tournament in VA where he was attending so I heard but he won first with King Dedede Its like its throwing me off now who is playing King Dedede , Marth or MK?
He mains Meta Knight and Dedede in Brawl; Marth, Fox, and Sheik in Melee.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
a lot of people say M2K
It just seems werid considering that alot of people that play m2k on a good level "seem to play" like m2k just trying to get good spacing i guess. I personally thought it was m2k but It just seems like he is not nearly as aggressive as what people think about when they think metakngiht.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
I have no clue as to who is technically considered to be the "greatest" or "best" Meta Knight, but I sure would like to 1 on 1 one of these guys.

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
haha I never thought of it in that way my only problem with true is that you only see his combo vid not how he plays.
I've got to give it to M2K. From what I hear, his win rate it pretty high... I play with Tru, IRL (he lives across the highway from me), all the time, and it's really good, but as I said, M2K's is apparently borderline ridiculous. I haven't seen M2K's Meta in action, I don't think, however...

DON'T HATE ME TRU!

Update: Yeah, after seeing him in action, it's true. I can see no real glaring faults with M2K. He makes no real mistakes. He camps, but this is a game that tends to favor camping. Tru is very good, but he can make a mistake here or there, causing his match to suffer. I can tell you this myself, since I play him frequently (Couldn't think of anyway other way to phrase that).

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
ya, and tru places in tournaments at decent spots, but m2k wins at a very high rate and is almost always top 3
It appears to me that everytime you see m2k fight he is playing some "High ranked" player like azen for example so how you can truely measure his skill if he is always viewed playing people "on his level" therefore he would appear not to be spectacular but just a average to good player. Like where is the game of him playing some average joe and like ****** him? Then some players that people deem really good are playing people much weaker in skill level than them.:laugh: so they can not accurately be assessed or judged.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
It appears to me that everytime you see m2k fight he is playing some "High ranked" player like azen for example so how you can truely measure his skill if he is always viewed playing people "on his level" therefore he would appear not to be spectacular but just a average to good player. Like where is the game of him playing some average joe and like ****** him? Then some players that people deem really good are playing people much weaker in skill level than them.:laugh: so they can not accurately be assessed or judged.
you totally disregarded what I said, when m2k wins a tournament he obviously fought some scrubs too in the early rounds. To measure the calibur of one's skill, most logical people would look at tournament rankings and see who places better, which is m2k. This thread is now useless. Unless someone starts dominating tournaments like m2k, then we can discuss this. You guys may prefer another player, for example forte, due to you liking his playstyle and whatnot, but m2k is the king right now.

Shears

Smash Master
Who do you think the best Metaknight is alot of people say TrueEqual
where did you come up with this? never have i seen tru= contending or beating any of the recognizable pros. when i think of the best MKs, the name tru= doesnt even make an appearance in my thoughts. honestly i dont know anybody claiming him to be the best nevermind alot of people. m2k, forte, omni. those are your three, id even throw plank and cort in there, but definately not tru=. kids got a combo vid from 4 months ago that shows 7 minutes of his best performances which is a compilation of avoidable combos he pulls off on scrubs.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
gotta say m2k only cause he ***** with any character really hes just really really strategical when it comes to smash bros. why he so **** all the time. then i would say forte since hes **** good himself ^^

samdaballer

Smash Ace
where did you come up with this? never have i seen tru= contending or beating any of the recognizable pros. when i think of the best MKs, the name tru= doesnt even make an appearance in my thoughts. honestly i dont know anybody claiming him to be the best nevermind alot of people. m2k, forte, omni. those are your three, id even throw plank and cort in there, but definately not tru=. kids got a combo vid from 4 months ago that shows 7 minutes of his best performances which is a compilation of avoidable combos he pulls off on scrubs.
that pretty much sums up tru, his combo vid is entertaining, but that's it

TKD

Smash Lord
M2K's one of the best MKs but he doesn't always play MK, so if he wins it's not because he's the best MK player, it's because he's too good.

The best MK players are Forte, M2K and Azen. There may be others, but players will get rated in time. This is too soon

D

Deleted member

1.M2k
2.Forte
3.omni

EDIT: lol @ shears and i do place high in all my tournies not to mention beating ajax (considered 2nd best snake on west coast right now) but i dont consider myself up there either because thats how i am.if i thought i was better than everyone my name would be no= hahaha!

also, dont call ppl scrubs you dont know.not a good look >_>

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ive been placing as well as forte and omni!!!!!

:p

but theyre better than me, so its okay :D we'll see eventually.... :p

Shears

Smash Master
1.M2k
2.Forte
3.omni

EDIT: lol @ shears and i do place high in all my tournies not to mention beating ajax (considered 2nd best snake on west coast right now) but i dont consider myself up there either because thats how i am.if i thought i was better than everyone my name would be false= hahaha!

also, dont call ppl scrubs you dont know.not a good look >_>
fixed.

very humble.

your combo vid shows alot of ikes, ikes being a very easy matchup for metaknight and ike being a terrible character. also the point of a combo vid is to show off and make yourself look good, no one puts up combo vids of them getting beat or *****. not to mention your combo vid is 7 minutes, taking the time brawls been out and assuming youve played more than 100 hours of brawl, odds are that 7 minutes is 7 minutes of luck. so because you do work on an ike i think its safe to say hes a scrub and because its a combo vid that glorifies your talent it cant be used as evidence to greatness. so if this came across the wrong way, read my posts again. im not discrediting you to suck, im just saying theres nothing that puts your metaknight at their caliber. you could certainly be a great metaknight, but i think with your confession we can say youre not the best. now i know you didnt make the claim you were the best, it was bluerain (with some crazy spelling) and i just dont get how he made that conclusion.

kupo15

Smash Hero
i havent seen much MK's but I really like DMbrandons MK a lot. I love his style and once he is one a roll, its hard to switch reverse the momentum with his great combos. Followed closely by Holyforce. M2K is a good MK (obviously) and I love his edge game.

D

Deleted member

fixed.

very humble.

your combo vid shows alot of ikes, ikes being a very easy matchup for metaknight and ike being a terrible character. also the point of a combo vid is to show off and make yourself look good, no one puts up combo vids of them getting beat or *****. not to mention your combo vid is 7 minutes, taking the time brawls been out and assuming youve played more than 100 hours of brawl, odds are that 7 minutes is 7 minutes of luck. so because you do work on an ike i think its safe to say hes a scrub and because its a combo vid that glorifies your talent it cant be used as evidence to greatness. so if this came across the wrong way, read my posts again. im not discrediting you to suck, im just saying theres nothing that puts your metaknight at their caliber. you could certainly be a great metaknight, but i think with your confession we can say youre not the best. now i know you didnt make the claim you were the best, it was bluerain (with some crazy spelling) and i just dont get how he made that conclusion.
i didnt even read that because i still didnt even consider myself good so you wouldnt needlesly post like this.

regardless how many tournies ive won/placed high in i still didnt consider myself at their calibur so what are you getting at honestly doesnt make sence.all i see is some name calling of my comrades because others said my name.

i only posted in here to clarify i wasnt on that eschelon annnnd so you would lay off my pals as well.

Bug~

Smash Ace
by far m2k...

you don't understand what is insides this man's mind. He knows everything about melee and brawl.

He knows the frame rates of every move inside out, he knows secrets about characters that even the best at the character dont even know. This guy is hardcore and in-depth with smash gaming. He is and will be the best if not one of the best until smash melee or brawl die.

As much as he calls himself a nerd who stays home and studies the game, its true but I still respect him for that. He makes mad money winning tourneys..I mean tons. He made over 5g's alone at FAST 1 IN ONE DAY. I wish I had the patience to do what he does with the games but I think I would still party out every day :p

re specz to m2k. best mk, best player. period.

Shears

Smash Master
i didnt even read that because i still didnt even consider myself good so you wouldnt needlesly post like this.

regardless how many tournies ive won/placed high in i still didnt consider myself at their calibur so what are you getting at honestly doesnt make sence.all i see is some name calling of my comrades because others said my name.

i only posted in here to clarify i wasnt on that eschelon annnnd so you would lay off my pals as well.
your problem is not reading what i wrote. if you read what i wrote than you would realize thats what i posted secondly was reasoning to my first post because i know alot of people on these boards are too stupid to understand a developed and explained post thats why i post a second post to explain the first one and a third one for those who cant understand an explanation. it did make sense but apparently you (along with most people here) dont have the capacity to put it together. i asked you to read my post again (if it had come across the wrong way) because you couldnt understand my first point and since you couldnt understand my justification of my first point hopefully this will clarify my other two points. ultimately read this post and the first two posts about 50 times so hopefully overexposure to intelligence might permeate through your thick skull.

o and im glad you fight for your friends...

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
well I live near M2K and i have sene him the first time he played brawl hence before it came out in America M2K said MK is the mpost roken characters ever. Im going to use him once in awhile and see how we does. He used him a few times andraped now he likes to use MK to be on the safe side IMO. Ive played M2K in MK dittos and i can take 2 stocks of on PitcoChat i got them record there on Keitaros computer. M2K has the best MK because M2K is deff. one of the best in Brawl so far

Drephen

Smash Master
why because people argee M2K is the best. Oh Drephen not this bull**** again <______<
no its just i hate these "who is the best *insert character*" topics

they dont solve anything and its wayyyyyy opinionated and especially since brawl needs to be out at least a year before someone could claim they are the "best" with that character, whatever that means

oh and i hate m2k too your right lol

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
yea these threads are kind of lame. I think people make these thread so they can Eye Hump videos people show them.

You can hate m2k but dont pull that arguing **** out.

If theres any M2K arguement i want to see rekindal in M2K v.s Ken ROFL!:p
Drpehen play me online sometime im bored as hell.
AIM: Xzax1337

Top Bottom