• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best character for 1v2?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i was thinking marth, but i could also see falco and puff being really good at handling two people at once as well. what do you guys think?

Banks

Smash Hero
how about fox because he is faster than most characters and can kill them easy as ****

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
maybe some kind of to good ice climber player who has master de-synceing, like both nana and popo are chain throwing someone each

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
fox's speed isnt as big of a factor in 1v2 where you are generally confined to a small space and are punished for attacking either player. his priority is mediocre and his spacing game (in close quarters) isn't as good as other characters. he does have the shine though, which wins up close.

as marth, if you keep your back free (ei, not get surrounded) you can space pretty well and use the double opponents to your advantage. if one attacks in and gets hit, and the 2nd tries to punish too early they hit their ally, so they tend to delay and let their partner out. using this, you can get the first with a fair and the 2nd with the tilt. sometimes you can end up comboing both players and once, depending on their DI.

falco's shine is pretty good in 1v2, sending them in the air gets them far enough away to leave you safe or let you combo. lasers are good spacing, and his priority will help him get advantage if all 3 players are close and attacking at once.

puff is great because of her good spacing game, and 1 off stage gimp can tie up the game. most of the time its way too dangerous to go off the stage to help your partner, and are left mostly helpless watching your partner die.

Skler

Smash Master
Marth can't be the best 2v1 because if anybody has a projectile he has to approach against 2 people. Same goes for Jiggs.

Properly played 2v1s are "hey lets camp and not get into situations where we can get gimped." That's why Marth shouldn't have a chance as long as one character has a projectile.

The 1 should either be fast/have a projectile, have a good kill move and be difficult to kill/edgeguard. Fox is all these things except difficult to kill/edgeguard, and most characters don't survive getting hit/grabbed in a 2v1 anyways.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^that video irks me every time, because PC could have killed Isai. :( I do think that Sheik is pretty good in 1v2, though.

wool

Smash Ace
Fox. His speed is just so beastly.

At first I thought Puff would do well but puff dies SO easily it would be a joke playing 2 vs 1 puff

keeper

Smash Champion
maybe some kind of to good ice climber player who has master de-synceing, like both nana and popo are chain throwing someone each
Nana does her throws depending on where on the stage she grabbed the person, you should know this considering all you do is post about desyncing with the ICs.

Anyway, for the topic, I'd have to say Sheik due to the fact she doesn't have a lot of attacks that leave her really vulnerable and she has easy gimps (easier than a lot, anyway). Fox is good and all, but I just have never found him terribly easy to use when I had two other spacies running at me.

Byron 1337

Smash Journeyman
Waterloo, Ontario, IGLOO-LAND Oh, and play Melee
Marth is horrible in 2 v 1's, especially if you are playing fast characters. Marth hits one enemy, but at the cost of getting grabbed getting caught in a team combo. His moves are too laggy for 2 v 1's. Fox on the other hand is actually good at them. Fast, no lag and a lot of killing power. O AND SHINE. SHINE ***** TEAMS.

Lenca

Smash Journeyman
i say, 1v2 is for Pu$$ies........

FOX ftw or falco.....maybe

but depends on the 2 ppls skill...which im assuming they dont have much if you're going 1v2 against them....in that case ANY CHARACTER WILL WORK

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Falcon is good in 1v2. His dash speed and aerial mobility make him great at avoiding hits, and just wait for that opportunity for knee/dair.

Fox is prob. the best.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Falcon's recovery can be exploited SO easily in 2 v 1 though.

I'd say Falco is a good choice. The lasers definitely don't make it bad for Falco.

Any character that doesn't need to grab in order to start a combo is helpful.

Peach sounds good but Idk how that would work out if you were being camped by a falco and a fox or something

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
how about fox because he is faster than most characters and can kill them easy as ****
Fox is by far.
Marth can't be the best 2v1 because if anybody has a projectile he has to approach against 2 people. Same goes for Jiggs.

Properly played 2v1s are "hey lets camp and not get into situations where we can get gimped." That's why Marth shouldn't have a chance as long as one character has a projectile.

The 1 should either be fast/have a projectile, have a good kill move and be difficult to kill/edgeguard. Fox is all these things except difficult to kill/edgeguard, and most characters don't survive getting hit/grabbed in a 2v1 anyways.
Clearly Fox, anyone claiming otherwise has no idea what they're talking about >.>
This

Fox is such a stupid character >_>

unknown522

Some guy
definitely fox is the best. He can actually hold hid own. He's the best at everything. He's hard to hit, shine is stupid and adds to being hard to hit. He can gimp you with the shine. Perfect ledge WD is awesome.

I made a 2v1 comeback vs eggm + reno at TGMTSBCO. Raynex died, after taking one of my stocks and they were both at 0% and I got combo'd to 90% by both of them. Eggm then got shined twice on dreamland, then I beat reno 1v1 with a 90% disadvantage. That got us first seed in pools.

Peach is ok, falco is pretty good.

Jiggs is not bad. Marth can be good if you don't throw out laggy moves. Just f-air and move back a lot.

Sheik would be bad at 1v2, if she couldn't shino-stall.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Peach does well if the opponents are dumb and blindly approach her. Against players like this, Peach can simply retreat, and punish poor approaches.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Yup ^^
Also, Peach can approach and start using stringed hits. Her decent hitbox and good priority makes 1v2 a lil easier. Of course, getting infinited by 2 foxes alternating shines is no fun. But being quick with fast mini combos (like dash attack to nair) is really useful

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
projectile camping in 1v2... not a big deal. i think the only good projectile (from the 2 side) is fox's lasers, otherwise the projectiles get in your ally's way as much as your enemy's.

and as long as marth doesn't wiff, its hard to punish him. one player approaching to bait an attack for his partner to punish doesnt work. if marth hits the first character with something other than fsmash, he will be in the way for a split second (enough time for marth to recover from the lag)

team combos really **** marth though...

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Falcon's recovery can be exploited SO easily in 2 v 1 though.

I'd say Falco is a good choice. The lasers definitely don't make it bad for Falco.

Any character that doesn't need to grab in order to start a combo is helpful.

Peach sounds good but Idk how that would work out if you were being camped by a falco and a fox or something
If you're forced into having to recover, you're pretty much dead anyway in a 1v2 regardless of who you pick. Falco cannot laser camp 2 people... he just can't.

Falcon is really good at not getting hit as well as capitalizing on mistakes, both of which are important in a 1v2.

PS Fox is the best.

Pi

Smash Hero
I was originally going to say sheik, but she's easy to edgeguard and grabs in 1v2's often lead to death or a bunch of unwanted %'s

But the same applies to Marth

And fox isn't exactly hard to punish upon recovering

I would say fox sheik and falco imo

Juss because they are really good at gimping quickly

But in 2v1's often times when both players are trying to get the 1 player, they end up doing a lot of the damage to their partner

Top Bottom