• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BEAST - Jan 6-9 - ARMADA, Amsah, Ice. Hack's KIRBY!

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
BEAST
Gothenburg, Sweden.
6-9 January, 2011​

Sorry about delays but had a few exams this week.

Unless stated otherwise, all videos recorded, edited, uploaded (YT) and hosted (downloadable versions) by me.
I had big plans for the video quality for this tournament, but it didn't really work out. Sorry.

Also, sorry about my computer crashing so often. There's something wrong with the ATI drivers and haven't had time to figure it out...

Results: (thread)
1. Aniolas + Armada
2. Amsah + Zgetto
3. C + IVP
4. Ice + Luma
5. Fuzzy + VA
5. Hack + Jadde
7. Dev + Nedech
7. Ek + Svampen

1. Armada
2. Amsah
3. Ice
4. Pasi
5. Zgetto
5. Hack (Kirby!)
7. Calle W
7. Pamaro

Teams

Singles
Note: I have tried to reverse the insane frame dropping on the singles videos. It's far from perfect, and the bigger the jump, the weirder it looks. However it's better than nothing.
  • Winners Semi
    Armada vs Ice
    Amsah vs Pasi - may be damaged beyond repair

Links:
My Youtube channel
My homepage - Hosted on my home computer, so might be slow.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
They are part of those "damaged" singles matches that I'm fixing.
The dropped frames themselves are no big deal. The hardest part is that Virtualdub desperately tried to sync the sound to the sped up video, which I'll now have to reverse after I re-added those frames.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Omg I can't wait for these!!

Your vids have AMAZING quality by the way.

Oh and just a quick little fix... under "Winners Semi" you forgot to remove the "coming soon" from the match between UGS and Ice+Luma ^^ It's no big deal but just thought I'd point that out lol.

Thank you so much for making this thread and going through so much work to upload vis. You rock ajp!

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Does AJP Anton go by AJP or Anton? :confused:
Swedish smashers call me Ajp (in one word, pronounced as "hype" without the "h" in swedish).
Other smashers call me A-J-P (each letter separately).
Non-smashers call me Anton as they usually don't even know about the "ajp" part.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Swedish smashers call me Ajp (in one word, pronounced as "hype" without the "h" in swedish).
Other smashers call me A-J-P (each letter separately).
Non-smashers call me Anton as they usually don't even know about the "ajp" part.
What does AJP mean or what does it stand for? :confused: Thanks for the uploads. These videos are actually better than HMW's actually. :)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
What does AJP mean or what does it stand for? :confused: Thanks for the uploads. These videos are actually better than HMW's actually. :)
It's the initials for my name, starting with Anton =)

And when have my videos *not* been better than everyone else's? =)
These aren't even that good, because of the interference from the mountain of cables on the table.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Kirby is a little bit better in PAL than in NTSC (heavier and faster), and the top tiers are nerfed. So it's no bigger deal than lose to Taj I guess.

Hack is good, and if you don't have experience against Kirby... it's hard.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
It's been up since yesterday, but I went to sleep before it finished.
Hack's Kirby winning over Ice's Marth (possible best Marth in Europe) is up.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Hey AJP, did you record Oskar's 5-stock comeback against C and IVP in teams?
All teams are up. I couldn't start recording until pretty late.
Us beating Amsah+Zgetto and almost taking Team UGS should've been recorded... =(

Do the Europeans know that you can get out of Kirby's F and B throw? Or did they fix that?
Why is it always americans asking these questions (if we know stuff, version diffs etc)...

stelzig

Smash Lord
Aww. I thought it might have been recorded because you you and some other guys were laughing about something on your computer on the other side. Oh well :p

Yeah your match against amsah and zgetto was awesome :D

Acryte

Smash Ace
hack likes to taunt :D
I enjoyed that, I mean as kirby he is expected to lose brutally so if you take stocks and taunt you can aggravate your opponent which will change the way he plays against you by upsetting them you can even get someone to start sandbagging. When you combine that with campin the edge when hes up stocks which really slows the match down and you know they dont wanna go to it but they have to, this also forces them to change their play and take unnecessary risks and is frustrating. Seems like hack was messin with their heads kinda like Kuroda's Q in streetfighter third strike when he would sit on the character select menu until the timer went all the way down to 0 and then select his character, coupled with his insane ability to turtle and playing a super low tier char like nobody else can, it really messed with people's heads by destroying their patience often you can get them to press offense when they normally would not making them approach overly aggressive and can open up more opportunities for the turtling player to punish. Good ****.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Sorry for the slow progress, but it still takes about an hour of automated work and an hour of manual work *per match*, and i can't really work that long without long pauses and multitasking.
On average about 5% of all frames were dropped, usually in groups of 3-4 about once every second.

edit:
Acryte: He was also mindgaming IRL by giving advice on how to play against Kirby and about good counterpicks.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the slow progress, but it still takes about an hour of automated work and an hour of manual work *per match*, and i can't really work that long without long pauses and multitasking.
On average about 5% of all frames were dropped, usually in groups of 3-4 about once every second.

edit:
Acryte: He was also mindgaming IRL by giving advice on how to play against Kirby and about good counterpicks.
what a fox

Top Bottom