• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Arena Melbourne 7 - May 22-24 2015 - Rego Closes May 17th, no exceptions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robsta

Smash Ace
@ Redact Redact - To be perfectly frank i'll put this out there. You scare the crap out of me. However it hasn't been so bad now because you're a lot more approachable than i first thought. Thanks for walking me and the other several hundreds of people through the bracket process.
Phil is a cuddly bunny I don't know what you're on about

So glad I came, was a fantastic tournament and I was absolutely delighted to see SO MANY new faces.

Shoutouts to the 64 crew, Redact, Melbourne Melee (whatever that is) and Joey for expressing his reduced desire to punch me in the face these days.

Was lovely seeing so many old friends. A lot of people I didn't get to catch up with as much as I would've liked but this tournament has inspired me to start attending events again so I'll see you there. ;)

Last edited:

DutchGC

Smash Rookie
Sending out love to all my falcon bros, blackshadow, cunchy (who I didn't play or even speak to but I watched you), tom and that guy from Perth who had been playing for a few months but is taking games off me already.
Let's do it boys. Let's win a major.
wow thanks for the shoutouts fgt

Shoutouts to the HoC boys that i stayed with during my time in Melbourne. Noxus, Finx, Snoc, Juci, you guys are amazing people and i enjoyed every minute of melbourne thanks to you guys

Super shout outs to Bus. You're the biggest homie and im your #1 fan, thanks so much for housing me, especially considering that i asked you really late. Our sets will always be some of the hypest sets in australia, and also the most enjoyable to play in. Stay golden b0ss

Skeletom, your falcon consistently amazes me. I hope that one day i can have a friendly with you where it feels like im not wasting your time and until then i'll waste aussierobs time

joey, you're the coolest dude ever and i regret not talking to you more or even playing you

shoutouts to alex19 for playing friendlies with me and shoutouts to s2j for destroying me in a beer moneymatch. One day i hope to be a fraction of the falcon that s2j is

QF, you rock my world. Smansion, please let me inside of you more frequently. p.s. i neeeeeeed to be in your next combo vid

To the 90% of people i forgot, ty for being a part of the best days of my life so far. Melbourne is ****ing sick

ChickenSA

Smash Rookie
My first and definitely not my last interstate tournament, BAM 7 was one of the sickest weekends

Meeting everyone from the community outside my own state's was an eyeopener, cheers to everyone that I got to speak to and play with. Definitely already keen for the next major!

JNuts

Smash Cadet
Big thanks to Dreadtech (also for the info for the diss rap LOL), Redact and all the other TO's for a great tournament. I think I can speak as a fraudulent representative of the UNSW crew in saying that every one of us had a blast.

Props to all the cool interstate players that I met, wish I'd talked to more of you and the internationals and not been too lazy/shy.
Shoutouts to Splice for comprehensively bopping me in our MM and having an admittedly much fresher haircut than mine.
Kudos to Phibzy for the ChillinDude rap during Lucky vs Leffen.

Also big thanks to KyleWynnFlukey69, you're the man.

Flatfeet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flatfeet
For my first international/across-the-ditch tournament, I'd say I was quite satisfied! Good times to everyone I played with, and even those I didn't play with but met anyway, awesome to see so many passionate and chilled out smashers about. Wish I didn't get knocked out of everything so early, but it freed me up for fun friendlies and supporting the NZ crew, which I definitely enjoyed. Glad to have snuck in that DK Rap for Mojo Monkey, a shoutout to whoever it was that got in that perfect monkey wail at the coconut gun verse! My voice is a bit shot from all the yelling, but as a Ganon player, I understand fully that hype is worth any resulting pain afterwards.

See you guys next time, when I've upgraded myself from "New Freeland" to "Spud Fry"!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
BAM7 is over but I think I invested so much into it, it just doesn't feel real at this point. It kinda feels like it didn't even happen or it wasn't the real thing.

I'm sitting here figuring out how to do shout outs and where to start but I don't even know how outside of just saying thanks to everyone. Every single shout out is looking like "dude I love you thanks for everything you rock" so I'm struggling to figure out how to make each shout out matter for each person. I could copy paste the same message again "dude I love you thanks for everything you rock" to the end of every shout out here, but instead I feel like just letting you know why you rocked and then you can pretend you have the same "dude I love you thanks for everything you rock" pasted to the end of your message.

First thing I do want to do though is apologies to a good chunk of the donators who paid for a team mate, especially the ones for Project M seeing as literally none of them kept their stuff together to attend and make it happen. I was and am still quite frustrated with this and it's something that really shouldn't have happened. I take the blame for this myself so please direct your frustration and complaints to me in regards to this.

VIC

Joey-

You are quite literally the guy that made BAM7 happen behind the curtains. I may have gotten some thanks or recognition because I did the big posts or donation drive or social media bits, but that's kinda all I really did. I didn't sort venues, I didn't sort logistics, I didn't sort anything with the stream, I just made people go places and do stuff. You did all the other bits, the bits that no one else wanted to do but needed to be done or else nothing would happen. I feel like by far you were the single most important person this entire weekend if not month to make everything happen.

Max-

I felt like you are the guy that keeps things together for me when it doesn't go to plan. Stream issues? You got them backup things going. I got no setups? You come over at the drop of a hat. What else did you not save the day with for me? You bring the gear and we just play the games, there would be no "video" in "video games" this weekend without you.

Darren-

While my big ideas went quite to plan, it sucks that yours fell short in places outside of your control. You did what you could and just had to pick up the pieces and you did an amazing job with it. Not just Armada but the last minute realization that project melbourne didn't have setups planned properly or such were all fixed by you. You dealt with the pressure better than Joey by the sounds of it so hats off to you for the whole weekend.

Rest of Melbourne Melee-

You guys doing commentary and helping with the bracket and everything else made the weekend possible. I could list each of you one by one but I felt like I only had a few minutes of interaction with each of you at most this whole weekend unless I'm forgetting stuff, but I know you did more than a few hours of effort each to make things work as smoothly as they did.

Dekar-

You showed up and watched americans play video games with the rest of us which is sick, you made the effort to come dispite other issues which is really cool. I wish things could have gone better but hey what's done is done and I just hope you enjoyed yourself enough to not leave us quite yet haha.

Moxie-

I told you that people appreciate your work more than you thought. Your art is really that, it's art, not just drawings or not just some merchandise. It's a thing of marvel and your sheer talent at it is something that I can guarantee most of us are jealous of. Thanks for putting up with my harassment in order to get things sorted in time for BAM7, we pulled through and now it's time for me to help you make a real living off this.

Snoc-

You stepped up dude. You may not have forced johnny off of freindlies or dqed people at the drop of a hat like me, but you ran the brackets like a real pro which I can say no one else does bar our super seasoned guys here. I would have drowned without you helping out during saturday especially.

Atilla-

The fact that I heard less complaints about smash 4 TOing than melee TOing means that you must have a done a good job or I sucked hard, and I like to think I'm pretty good therefore you are amazing. When you work in a department that is purely complaints, you learn that no feedback is pretty much as good as no feedback, and the fact that I have heard not a single complaint about smash 4 at all means that you've done a good job in every single way. Smash 4 would have been ruins without you easily.

S.D-

It doesn't feel right to stick you in the OOS section but you're also not VIC but you're here either way. If you didn't consider yourself VIC (not counting crews) yet then you really should by now, you're one of us despite needing a passport to get to monthlies since you live so far away still. You helped out crazy amounts this weekend too with the event which is definately known and appreciated. Your commentary is known internationally as well now and so is your skill. Hopefully you loved the week/weekend despite many salty moments.

Daniel aka Samuel L Blaxxon-

You saved pools from going to hell once I had to play my own pools. I just couldn't continue after that without a break and you came in without protest. Jared helped out too but we all know which melbourne uni kid did all the real work lol. Should have stuck you in Oli's or Azri's pool thought for sure.

Indefa-

I like it how post BAM7 I get the message "Thanks for letting me host my first tournament" when I thought you had been doing this stuff before in some capacity you performed that well. Nice work really rallying the 64 guys together to make something actually happen. I'm sorry that the blame was placed on you boys for the power outage (and you later proved it wasn't you boys and instead it was some hard drive that blew up too) but you guys handled it like champs and moved in an instant without protest. Don't feel bad about a late tournament when it was largely due to factors outside of your control, just feel good that you made 64 happen where many have failed before.

Miles-

I feel like you put up with me/the internationals the most. Quite literally the ultimate middle man who kept stuff together despite the hurdles caused by me or others. $10,000 may have got the guys on a plane here but you managed to get them from the plane to everything else. I appreciate all the effort immensely man.

Rest of VIC-

There's heaps of VIC people that did good stuff inside and outside of the game (jared, billy, hobs, plenty more I can't think of right now) and don't think I haven't thought of you even if I didn't write your name. There's just too much to list and there's no point in me pasting the entire list of VIC regulars and writing thanks next to every single one lol.

OOS/NZ

Spud-

You rocked our socks. Our direct interaction this week/weekend was minimal but don't let that fool you into thinking I didn't pay attention to you. Please crush us again because you're the only person I want to beat now. Since that's a big road ahead for me I'll definately have to hit the lab again and work hard, so really you're one of the few factors that make me want to practice to win again rather than just TO/Write my life away with smash.

NSW-
While Ted may have been MIA I love it that you guys had a super strong showing regardless. I barely spent any time with any of you, but the time I did spend with you guys rocked. You guys feel the most homie out of any state for me except my own. If I could pick any state to spend time with outside of VIC it would easily be you guys hands down.

SA-
Sadboys prophecy came true with Oli losing to corpse and Kaiza losing to technology. SA nick should have been most improved IMO. That may be because we didn't know spud until 2 days ago so it's hard to gauge improvement there but still I wouldn't change my vote. Either way you guys are neat and just need to keep playing. I love that you guys jumped on the shirt bandwagon too, I was tempted to buy a sadboys shirt but my wallet said no after everything else I spent money on this week.

QLD-
I knew I would lose to Gerard but challenged him to a MM anyway on thursday and took one for the team since I knew you guys would love it. A small price to pay to make you guys happy (and everyone knows I lose all MM's now) but it was definitely worth it. You guys all play the funnest style ever and you totally need someone there to play like a mega loser so you can learn to play against mega losers in bracket and spup can win majors. He is our hope and savoir so someone there pls pick up peach and puff with the sole idea of timing you guys out so you can learn to deal with bad people.

Perth- You're not WA, you're perth lol. I love and hate you guys at the same time. I love it that you guys get hype over your own crew and all watch each other but I also hate it. I love that you guys take all games so seriously and again also hate it. You guys are all great but I dunno I just don't feel a social connection, more like a respect and rivalry that you've earned through sheer dedication. You guys all seem to share this passion which is why I group you all up where as the rest of the states all have varying levels of dedication. Please don't change, we all need motivation to stay good outside of just beating Spud.

TAS- I had little to no interaction outside of Ethan who helped immensely on Friday night which was the bomb. Don't take the results the wrong way and give up, please keep working hard to become amazing so you can crush people out of nowhere please.

NZ- Outside of spud I had little interaction with you guys, but that probably because you all just took it easy and caused no problems so I didn't deal with you lol. I'm marring a kiwi so if anyone loves NZ here it should be me (or at least thats what I tell her hey lol)

INT

Wife- You single handedly made every single late night, stressful moment and last minute crisis worth it for me. I had an absolute blast during your time in VIC and would not change a thing. I will definitely visit you in your hometown one day just to see you again, right now it's just a matter of when. I think I will have you come again next year and just somehow forget to book flights home for you.

Chillin-

That yung Chillin lol. You're such a homie and it's exactly like we said. We thought you would be lame because you're EC but nah man you rocked. I'm sorry we chanted for you to get 4 stocked but really it's johnny and it's falcon how can we not (we chanted for 4 stocks every time we could lol) I hope you get those yung subs back with your yung leffen poster destruction stream.

Tuesday crew-

Less drink more game. You guys went hard and it was so cool. You guys suck for missing PM teams but it's so hard to hate you guys since you're all so damn cool. You boys better do a get Alex19's credit card debt paid stream cause he dropped them flights. Good showing by all of you can't wait for the official Tuesday track by Chillin ft yung j-kim.

Leffen-

Last but not least Leffen. You played out of your mind and even Mango himself said it. I don't know exactly how you feel about your performance but you should be happy that your performance went up rather than down. Just keep going that way and before you know it you really will have your own American major, I believe. You're all business which may make some people not like you but I have so much respect for that I don't have words for it. Please don't stop playing and please beat everyone.

OTHER

Donators-

You guys rocked, you let your wallets talk and your sacrifice made the whole event amazing for everyone. From the little $5 to the big $1000's you guys did it yourselves, not me. BAM7 would just be a standard melbourne major without you guys making it into the historical event that it was.

Attendees-

Thank you all so much for just coming, even if you just spectated. The atmosphere in the tournament and in the crowd was just mindblowing. I hope all of you enjoyed everything enough to come back next year if not before that.

Misc CW-

I dunno who from CW would read this but if any of you do you all know that BAM7 would have been nothing without you. Smash brought numbers but you guys brought the back breaking pain and and dedication needed to make this event happen even if you don't play smash.

There's probably people deserving of specific shout outs that I've forgotten, and I might have to make a second post because of this, but for now this will have to do as it's becoming a thesis.

Maybe stay tuned for part 2, whether that means just a second shout out post or BAM8 itself is up to your own guess or interpretation ;)

GTR

Smash Cadet
I'm happy for the results Spud produced at this major, not only because he's so young but because it's a testament that there is new talent coming into the scene and displacing the established veterans like Zxv, Syke and S.D. It's what we need in order to catch up with the established scenes in NA/EU.

I guess keep an eye out on Cunchy (NSW) and Nick (SA) in future events as they did well to make it through the finals bracket and are talents that have only started playing seriously over the past year or so.

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Shoutouts:

Biggest shout out of all goes to villy. I was prepared for your villager, but I wasnt ready for ness. That grandfinals set was amazing, everytime I figured you out and adapted to you, you did the same right back, it was actually really cool seeing us just figuring each other out back and forth whilst trying to come up with new stuff. The set was amazing fun and you pushed me to my limit and finally cracked me. Sorry if I seemed a bit scary, I was concentrating pretty intensely, well played and a more than well earnt victory :)

My boyz:
Ricky: Bad luck man, us not getting sleep was pretty rough, I cant wait for you to invalidate my big victory by beating me in the next tourney :/ Really good spending time with you as always

Nuff: THE PRESIDENT. We hadnt really talked too much before this, spending a weekend with you had me in tears, you are ****ing awesome man and we are gonna train you up realy good, pity you lost to sonic scum but you are already better than that guy so dont worry about it :)

G-man: Really good to finally properly meet you and spend time with you, thanks for letting us chill in your room on friday and **** man we had so much fun, make it ****ING RAIN. We'll see you again real soon!

Thomas: It was good to chill with you as always, thanks for buying me lunch and being the biggest loudest support of me during finals. Plz do not teach me how to dobby.

Budd: Thanks for buying me infinite beers, it was really good to see you there and I hope I put on a good show for you.

ACT:
Thanks to all of you for all the support and cheering, it really helped me out a lot, like you have no idea how amazing the atmosphere was. I got a taste of the glory and it was amazing!
Thanks to everyone on the stream chat, and everyone who was spam texting me, sorry I didnt quite bring home the title for you guys.

Bogo: oi you killed it out there, rekt one of SA's best players, beat tassies #1, you did so well man, I dont wanna hear anymore talk from you about being bad.

Wave: we almost had the dream man, so close! You played so well regardless, it was amazing to watch.

VIC:
Jei: thanks for housing us man, it was awesome spending time with you again, you your yoshi is really ****ing good, IMO better than nikes from what I've seen :)
You and khoa played doubles super well too, good work guys.

Dean: I love you man

Tibs and attila: bad luck boys, oi real talk though, you guys need to tone down the incredible arrogance and self entitlement, like holy ****. Tibs you get away with it cause you play it off cool, but attila you are just a nob. No matter what happens, I'll always be the BIGGR BOSS ;)

Viva: it was good playing with you and training, but what happened man? I was so looking forward to playing you in the tourney but you let it get to you man, you gotta work on that confidence dude, you have the skills, you just need to believe!

Leish: it was good to see you again, thanks for chillin with us earlier in the week, and for helping make sure the tourney was run well.

Earl: You were the one I was most afraid of, but we never ended up playing :'< You and nicks played super well in doubles though, good ****. two man KO punch wtf.

Deez: I heard a lot of bad stories and you did not live up to them. You've been improving fast from what I could see, stick at it man and remember to always think before you do something. The deez tech is a nice trick, I like it.

Melbourne in general: This doesnt apply to your melee scene, just the old brawl scene and the smash 4 scene.
Whats going on guys? Your whole scene is just so riddled with arrogance and stupid egos, how do any of you even have any fun? Half the scene seems to hate the other half, heaps of you talk **** about each other behind their backs, and nobody in the scene seems to be friends. Its not a warm cohesive comunity like ACT or NSW, its just a bunch of people who show up to play, get mad, and go home. Where is the love, where is the happiness, where is the synergy?
You guys need to have a long hard think about what you want from your scene, and where you want to go.

Dread: you copped a bit of flak this weekend, honest talk I think you need to learn how to not respond to criticism so aggressively, being that quick to anger is not a good look, you went off at me for asking why we weren't doing double elim after it had been organized, even though I turned out to be right about it, was there really a reason to snap? At the end of the day though, running something that big is rough and high pressure and I think you did a good job despite all the obstacles, thanks for the praise and I liked your commentary, one of the only ones who does a good job at it. Ty for being so accommodating of us.

Swebe: it was really good meeting you man, like I said, being the best in a small scene is tough, you got no one to really push you to improve. I'm always keen to talk fox shop though, lets share secrets! (how do you edgeguard ness?)

PB&J: dont come back to our country.

sorry to the people I missed which will be a long list probably

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
@ luke_atyeo luke_atyeo with all the respect in the world I went off at you because a) I was not informed of the change of top 32 all being in winners (in all honesty I was under the impression that it was 2nd seeds in losers and then was told AFTER that everyone had changed their minds without letting me know) and b) you're a very...for lack of a better word firm person and you responded by giving me a look that indicated that I was a trash organizer. I did not take that well in response given how hard I worked to put everything back on track. But at the end of the day that's why I came up to you and shook your hand, so I hope you understand, because I know that it's no excuse. I think a lot of people were wary of your attitude in all honesty.

Thanks for the commentary props, I know I went vic biased by the end but I couldn't handle the run back. Will try harder.

Splice

Smash Hero
Phil is a cuddly bunny I don't know what you're on about
You were lookin' pretty huggable yourself there Robsta.
Great to see you again and really hope that's no lie about you attending more events. miss you hunny <3

shoutouts to @ Flatfeet Flatfeet for Wc3 Sheep avatar.
Actual shoutouts/thesis estimated completion; 2 weeks

oh but **** you SD
Wants neutral starts to keep things fair but then demands port 4
whines about me playing lame while you grime for ports IRL
u is on teh dunkz list now m8

Last edited:

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to everyone who put in effort to make this tournament happen. Getting to meet and play all the different internationals was a great experience and I doubt there's anyone who'd say otherwise - unless they were unfortunate enough to have met Leffen. The sheer size of the tournament did make it hard to chill with people as much as I would have liked, but overall it was still a really good experience.

A few specific shoutouts:

Splice: One of the biggest homies the east coast has to offer, and it helps that you're really good at the game too. Hopefully you can make it to DI Another Day because we'll be sure to make you feel as welcome as you made us feel.

Dreadtech: Dude you are great. Thanks for all the work you put in towards the tournament. It's a shame we didn't get to actually play this time around, but we'll definitely have to make it happen next time.

Joeyjoeyjoey: Top dude, had me laughing all weekend. Cheers for the work you put in to the tournament, hopefully next time we can sit down for some games.

Max: Nice name dude. Cheers for having us around, it sucked that we couldn't stay longer. I had fun in the friendlies we managed to get in and it was rad watching you and Billy race. If you end up coming to Perth for DI Another Day you're definitely welcome to come chill at the real Max's house ;)

Aussierob: Your falcon is the truth.

S2J: Top bloke, really funny dude. Come back to Australia.

Tyler: Your snake is really solid, I had tons of fun playing against you. I look forward to seeing you play in a grand finals set soon ;)

Luxingo: You're really good man, you made a really solid impression on all of the Perth guys. I'd love to play again next time we meet.

Hopefully at the next Major I attend I will have the chance to hang out with people a bit more. Thanks once again to everyone who helped run the tournament and everyone who I got to have a chat with. Looking forward to the next one!

ViVa

Smash Ace
Melbourne in general: This doesnt apply to your melee scene, just the old brawl scene and the smash 4 scene.
Whats going on guys? Your whole scene is just so riddled with arrogance and stupid egos, how do any of you even have any fun? Half the scene seems to hate the other half, heaps of you talk **** about each other behind their backs, and nobody in the scene seems to be friends. Its not a warm cohesive comunity like ACT or NSW, its just a bunch of people who show up to play, get mad, and go home. Where is the love, where is the happiness, where is the synergy?
You guys need to have a long hard think about what you want from your scene, and where you want to go.
Smash 4 scene is mostly new players now so maybe we're all not really friends yet. I hope that if given some time we'll all become buddies eventually. You are right though Luke, the last few tournaments I've just shown up, got mad and went home wondering why I come to these things at all. I think I've become too serious myself and I'll try to be more laid-back in future events.

Last edited:

earla

Smash Lord
maan yup smash 4 is super serious now. broke 3 hearts in one day.. nikes, tibs, viva (doubles)

then V went on to break mine but i stil love her.

people just need to chill out and realise that everyone loses at some point. daigo.. batman .. whoever. these losses make you a better player... expose your weaknesseses.. teach you somethin new about yourself and your game plan. if anything instead of being consumed by ego and runnin off like a pus sy + smashing tables you should be sending letters of appreciation to these people :)

Hughie

Smash Lad
Shoutouts to Blue for taking all of my money match profit. I'm such an idiot for accepting a $20 mm against a MU I don't know lol. GGs everyone what a good weekend.

Also Spud there's only room for one yung god around here. Coming for you d00d.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Huh, that's funny, the VIC scene seems much more welcoming to me than the QLD scene.

Maybe it's because I knew a few people there already and I think of tournaments as social outings rather than actual... tournaments I guess.

I dunno, it's hard to take Smash 4 seriously when it's such a bad game!

Shoutouts to new and old Victorian friends and the QLD melee crew for repping our state!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
people just need to chill out and realise that everyone loses at some point. daigo.. batman .. whoever. these losses make you a better player... expose your weaknesseses.. teach you somethin new about yourself and your game plan. if anything instead of being consumed by ego and runnin off like a pus sy + smashing tables you should be sending letters of appreciation to these people :)
pretty much this.
When I used to play brawl I had a pretty ****ty attitude, I didnt practice much at all, and I had a pretty inflated sense of self entitlement, I thought I was really good and thus I should always be winning and when I lost it was stupid because "I lost to someone who is ****, the stage killed me, **** metaknight, etc"
I'd get mad and bummed out and blame ****, or I'd concentrate on, '**** I was one hit away from winning, if only I had made that last hit' and getting mad and freaking out really detracts from your opponents win, you're totally invalidating all the skill and work they put in to beat you, its just bad manners.

After I quit for a few years and have now come back with smash 4, my attitude is different.
Now I want to be good so I am working hard, to prove to myself that I can work hard, and if I want to be at the top I have to work harder than anyone else. If I lose, its because I didnt work hard enough, my opponent worked harder than me and thus they got the win over me.

If you come into the game with the intention to win, you'll be upset, but if its all about proving to yourself that you can be better, and if you go into the game with the intention to improve, then even losing can be winning as long as you learnt something.
I could be salt about losing the biggest tourney of all time, or I could be proud that I played well, put on a great show for everyone, and had a lot of fun fighting V tooth and nail. And now that I've lost, instead of looking back at what could have been, I can look back, see where I went wrong, and improve on those areas.
When you lose, just focus on why you lost and what you could do next time to not lose.

And if you throw a spastic for losing, people wont respect you.
After the finals heaps of people were buying me drinks, congratulating me, wanting to talk to me, shake my hand, etc.
If I had freaked out at losing and thrown a tantrum, how many of those people do you think would have wanted to talk to me?

HI dunno, it's hard to take Smash 4 seriously when it's such a bad game!

smash 4 is fine.

Last edited:

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Shoutouts to everyone!

Thanks for the great time. It was really fun, I was able to learn few things and wa-- oh wait. I wasnt there.

Noied

Smash Rookie
Cheers Vic smash for another amazing tournament and an amazing job by all that made it run smoothly, I can only imagine how you guys felt after the power outages during pool matches.

Shoutouts

Splice - So chill and fun to hang and talk with, plus had a great time playing our few friendlies and watching you do a Yoshi's run with Max and as Chappos said it was a shame that we had to bail early.

Joeyjoeyjoejoe - You're so ****ing smart, but seriously amazing guy had me in stitches the whole trip with your constant cheering. Sucks I didn't get to play any games with you but you put a **** ton of effort in so its understandable.

Dreadtech - Amazing work all weekend from our view we could only imagine how tired you would be with all the work you put in and all the issues with the power that you and the other guys had to deal with, big props to you. Would of loved to vs you in some friendlies perhaps next time we are over or if you ever come to Perth.

Jamwa- So chill and fun to talk to, plus our doubles set even though I thought it was a bit sloppy (at least on my end) was a great time. Wish we sat down and played some friendlies but hopefully we can bust out some games next time.

Max - Cheers for having us around man was so fun playing with you even though we didn't play too many games and had to bail on you guys. Amazing work with the stream plus how quickly you started uploading the VOD's you just amaze me with your commitment and effort you put into the stream.

Mojomonkey - Loved the DK as you can imagine, sucks we didnt play any friendlies though but loved hearing your stories of old school smash tournaments and witnessing parts of the most amazing Ness vs DK set there ever was at Max's. Hopefully I can come back to New Zealand and meet some of the locals. (obligatory Spuds our Bud)

S2J - **** PM man am I right? but really sick having you down here playing and hanging with Aus, hopefully you can comeback and we can get you into the Brown Alley, otherwise we might just have to make a trip to SoCal.

Sorry if I missed anyone we had a lot of fun coming over from Perth and hopefully some of you guys can come and experience our hospitality at DI Another Day, otherwise we will most likely seeing you at the next Vic major.

EvenStephen

Smash Rookie
NNID
EvenStephen
3DS FC
0817-4141-4182
Really enjoyed my first BAM and thanks Joe for giving me a chance to commentate some pool matches for smash 4 (singles and doubles). Really enjoyed it and hope I can keep improving so I can commentate the bigger matches in the future. But props to Tibs and Dread for their commentary. Shoutouts to everyone who made BAM as awesome as it was. :)

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
I had a rough time at bam to be honest, its rough coming from a small scene where you are able to compete with the best and then realise how far behind you really are. I've found some glaring flaws in my game and plan to sort it all out but I'm a bit disheartened to be honest. That being said, I got knocked out by a tiny margin each time I lost, just got punished by the kinks in my armour.

Shout outs:

Lucky: You're such a bro, I had an amazing time with you out on the town. You can remain an honorary Tasmanian for aslong as you want! Sorry for taking so long to get your bag back to you, had a busy day.

Chillindude: You're much more "chill" than I imagined, cheers for the ginyu force photo and the sweet chats outside with the whisky swiggers.

Villyness: Thanks for the friendlies once again, I can learn so much from you. I want nothing more than getting to your level with Ness.

Redact: Thankyou and everyone involved for making this happen, it was an amazing interesting experience and I'm so glad I was a part of it. Sorry about the TAS seeding, we had no idea how far behind we were but we'll improve before next time ;)

Hobs_: I should have taken you up on the melee friendlies but thanks for offering and being so nice during our set.

@anyone else: If you played against me during bam or even just have some advice on how to improve my game (I have trouble landing from above and getting on stage safely against better players. Ness main) feel free to message me, I'd appreciate it.

Ignis Thoron

Smash Rookie
NNID
tasleth653
Shout outs:

TO's - You guys did awesome, tournament ran real smooth even with the power going out twice.

Deez - Nice earnings with your money matches keep getting better bro

Kira, Ricky, Atyeo and the other NSW players - I honestly was feeling down after the tournament as i didnt do as well as i hoped but playing you guys afterwards in those money matches is one of the most fun moments ive had playing the game,

Attila - That set was so close im glad i got to vs you in the bracket

Villyness - Amazing job you did us all proud

S.D

Smash Master
oh but **** you SD
Wants neutral starts to keep things fair but then demands port 4
whines about me playing lame while you grime for ports IRL
u is on teh dunkz list now m8
Well in my defence...
Contesting ports is legal
Requesting neutral start is legal
(I also caved and went with port 2 for the pre-determined neutral but u were wrong bout it)
You do play lame
Also you ripped on my marf, u on da tipper list now

Last edited:

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Well in my defence...
Contesting ports is legal
Requesting neutral start is legal
(I also caved and went with port 2 for the pre-determined neutral but u were wrong bout it)
You do play lame
technically you RPS over whether you want to contest your port OR strike a stage first, not both.

Splice

Smash Hero
"Neutral Start: Either player may enact this rule. Once enacted, both players may only use one of the two “Neutral Starting Positions”. A best of one game of Rock Paper Scissors may be used to determine who gets the higher port. If one player elects to Contest Port Priority and the other elects to Neutral Start, Neutral Start takes priority. "

I don't think this is written in our ruleset first post, but it should be.
You are supposed to cave about neutral ports. For the record, ports 3+4 on Battlefield will give a neutral start.
You can find all the ports in the 3rd last spoiler of the first post here: http://smashboards.com/threads/tentative-mbr-official-ruleset-for-2012.313252/

You contested port priority AND elected neutral start, but no-one has any ideas of which ports are needed for neutral start so you have been getting off easy by making heaps of requests about the rules without actually doing it the correct way. Asking for neutral start without knowing the ports is actually lame. I'mma be contesting you for wearing the same color pants as me from now on SD, you're gonna be playing a lot of RPS buddy :reverse:

lmfao ok ;)

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Playing to win is different to playing to get better; I think the latter is a much saner mindset and has succeeded in keeping my passion for Smash at high levels for a lot longer. *old comment draft saved*

@ Redact Redact @Attila_ @ dreadtech dreadtech I've been asked by the smash board ranking minions to harass you to upload the brackets to Smashboards. They'll likely all be given international status which is a lot of points~

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Playing to win is different to playing to get better; I think it's a much saner mindset and has succeeded in keeping my passion for Smash at high levels for a lot longer. *old comment draft saved*
I'm not sure if you just typed this wrong but
For me playing to get better has been a way better mindset than playing to win. Since I started Melee I've had this mindset of playing to get better and it has certainly improved my quality of life/competition. Your post implies the other way around, when I read it, and I don't see how playing strictly to win can keep you more sane.

At the end of the day the issue at hand isn't mutually exclusive to either, it's just finnicky garbage that makes starting a game of melee more awkward. Abusing Port 4 is for hackers also :p
Melee rules will be correctly enforced against SD from now on, I finally got around to making my neutral start rules notepad ;)
I will still lose though unless he's serious about picking his yung marth~

Jamwa

Smash Champion
shoutouts

international
chillindude829 - cheechindude has some generous stuff to say about my ness <3
s2j - turn down for what
CubT - im not actually good at this game (dont tell anyone) and im not about the swag, im about something much more important. tell spud i've got a whole year to learn the marth mu
Metà - glad i hosted you, it was an awesome time and the dk vs ness oman i need that again lol

interstate
Corpsecreate - mad set, really keen to vs u again
Kaiza - glad u made a new friend
Star ☆ - man im so keen on our doubles team, too bad about the timing of ur flight + event but i reckon
Mytus - we never vsed lol
Noied - we should chill more, had some cute chats
Wibbles - pwoah them ics ._. gratz with the new sponsorship tho
Chappos - i need a rematch
luxingo - argghhh the sd johns. you have really improved though since our last matches, pls make star better too

vic
Splice - pop-off of all time; belongs in ur combo video
dreadtech - i never doubted you would win bam, congratz dude <3

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Alright

It's all over. I wanna thank anyone who was patient with me. At the end of the day it was an amazing event and we finished on schedule. I did a hell of a lot more background work compared to SSV ( I was newer and was also playing :p). Big thanks to ANYONE who stepped up to fill up our gaps, people like snoc, dom, Blaxxon, bailey, hobs, I'm probably forgetting heaps more but I thank all of you guys.

Shoutouts:

Smash Staff:

Wife: You deserve to be part of our staff! Thank you so much for the commentary, the chats and the stories! You definitely brought the commentary up a notch and it will be amazing to watch the vods again.

Joey: ....you deserved that award. Just sayin, no idea what people were thinking. I was working hard but you did more in the months leading to it. Just know I wouldn't be anywhere without you bro and it would have been a disaster.

Max: Without you we would not have strimz or vods. Nuff Said. We need you so bad HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Redact: Always there for me to ask about stuff. I'm happy that you let me take some decision as I think you trust me to take the helm for some things. But I'll always be lookigng or you when something goes wrong or when something comes up and I've never encountered it before.

Attila: Thanks for taking the helm for Smash 4, it was easy for me to fill in for both melee and smash 4 when it was needed. I'm really happy smash 4 ran the way it did and REALLY REALLY happy with how it ended.

Tibs: Good commentating with you bro. Enjoyed it immensely but I don't want you commentating with me again, I want you winning.

Dom, Snoc, Hobs, Blaxxon: You guys filled in the gaps for us and we needed it badly. Thank you guys so much for saving us when we needed it.

HM to KAI: it's too bad the stream went and upchucked itself but you were there at the to desk when we needed you. <3

Smash Peepz:

V: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Splice: Good hustle!

Dekar: Really good to see you on Sunday. I'm happy that the draw was enough to bring you out, and hopefully we see you again in better condition

S.D: Good job commentating man, still boggles my mind that you travel so far for this game that you obviously love. Been a blast chatting and hanging. You'll take spud next time ez!

Russell: Always a homie, a bit of a prick when drunk but I know you're a homie at heart. Been great hanging out with you.

Mytus: Really good to see you again, good chats to be had, always enjoy your company. Hopefully in the future some swedish guy will be sitting with us again :D.

Smopup: Good to see you again man, not much time to chat with you but happy we got some chats in on sunday night.

SA Nick: Great to hang with you man! hope you didn't mind the always late dreadtech picking you up.

Spud: MVP for ANZ, what else needs to be said?

Tyler: What a RUN!!!!! this should be kept in project melbourne but fk it! WHAT A RUN! sick game against mojo.

Aerodrome: Good to finally meet you, get into bracket next time XD

Shoutouts to ALL the PERTH PEEPS: You guys are awesome.

Chillindude: Thanks for coming by, I'm gald you went to the US saying how good it was here, keep dat Yung Attitude and hopefully we'll see you again. Was mad hanging with you.

S2J: Funniest Homie to have come. you saying "Hugo I'm gonna **** you up" is the funniest thing I've heard. Thanks for coming man everyone loved you

Hugs: The friendly destroying machine! I think everyone said that you were the hardest to ever take a game off. You thinking we were at ABC when we were at a korean joint was hilarious. Drunk Hugo is hilarious. I know how much you wanted the win off Lucky but I can tell you really care, which is awesome and also an eye opener for someone from Australia that someone so good also has goals for himself.

Lucky: 2nd TIME! always amazing to you have you down! Don't make it the LAST! was awesome catching up with you

Alex19: Bonded with you a fair bit man! I am fully aware now that if you were not there for mango he would have died years ago haha. Our chats were always good and you seem so laid back and friendly. Johnny loves you!

Leffen: Bring some gloves next time to shake peoples hands. I'll try to remember to bring hand sanitizer for you haha. Good to meet you I know the trip had it's ups and downs but I'm glad that you enjoyed it overall.

Mang0: Keeping dat W even down under. Was good to meet you man. Hopefully it won't be the last. You drink so much....just...so much.... but the kid can't be controlled!

Sorry to anyone I forgot

GG's to everyone I played in bracket.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom