• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batmafia: A BRoom Game moved to DGames

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
EE (2): Scav, Xsyven
Xsyven (2): EE, Cashed

With 15 alive, it will take a majority of 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, Nov. 25, Noon EST. (TOMORROW)

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
It doesn't seem like we're going to have the chance to come to a majority anything right now. And since we have almost no time left and I'm not sure which side (if either) I want to put my vote towards, I'm going to wait until the morning to see what develops and then decide what I want to do.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Since I'm probably going to be asleep when the deadline hits, I promise all of you a free lynch at me if EE turns out to be town.

That's all.

And if EE gets lynched, and he's Mafia, will the doctor please protect me? Kthxxx.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Sorry about the inactivity, but I've finally got a few things to comment on...

Obviously, the big controversy that seems to have arisen is EE. On the one hand, we have the (admittedly large) anti-EE camp saying that he was in the best position to target Eor and then play it off. Scav pointed this out. On the other hand, it is equally likely that the players making these accusations knew that EE would be in a position to target Eor (what with EE proclaiming Eor's notoriety). If the accusing players are mafia, they could easily try and set up EE in this fashion. Honestly, at this point it seems like it could go either way. 1) EE is mafia and is trying to feign innocence to survive Round 1, 2) The accusers are mafia, EE is not, and the accusers knew they could put EE in a bind by targeting Eor, 3) Both EE and the accusers are townies or 4) both EE and the accusers are mafia and trying to throw everyone off.

Without a whole lot more to go on, I'm going to side with the idea that EE brought up in one of his earlier posts: there are a number of people (listed in EE's earlier post) that could have known of Eor's prowess and decided to target Eor first.

Although I don't like the idea of lynching Xsyven, he has been throwing a lot of suspicion EE's way and it appears like he's trying almost too hard to be casual about himself (Xsy) being lynched.
By Killing EE, here's what's up:

If he's town, you can chop my head off.
If he's Mafia, we can chop Marshigio's head off.

If you kill me:

Nothin'.
I also agree with Marc here:
EE vs Xsyven is getting interesting and this will probably be useful. EE's defense makes sense so far, but so does Scav's reasoning. Killing EE would give us quite a bit of information, but we'd also lose someone that could be valuable. Xsyven was a bandwagoner in the high school game and turned out to be Mafia. He's basically doing the same thing now, except he's more active in creating the bandwagon this time around. I'm leaning towards voting him, but I'm not sold yet.
At the same time, I too am not sold on Xsyven yet. His actions could just as well be townie as mafioso.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Since I'm probably going to be asleep when the deadline hits, I promise all of you a free lynch at me if EE turns out to be town.

That's all.

And if EE gets lynched, and he's Mafia, will the doctor please protect me? Kthxxx.
You're the jester.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Actually I guess that could use some explanation. And as I realize I might not be able to post again before the deadline, more stuff:

His strategy is to encourage the lynch of someone (on a really stupid reason) and when he comes up townie he offers himself on the chopping block. His strategy would not actually help the town at all, and if he were actually straight town he wouldn't want us to lynch two townies in a row. Offering himself to be lynched isn't some sign of his conviction or anything, if he is townie he's clearly just acting on a hunch, not seeing something the rest of us don't see. Though I think he is trying to convince us that he is someone that, if EE were mafia, the mafia would want to target because he is dangerous to them like Eor. So he wants the doctor's protection if EE is mafia, so that he can get lynched later. I think the groundwork for his later lynch hasn't been fully lain, but I believe it resides in the obvious cheapness of his attack against EE--it's the sort of thing a fellow mafia member would do to establish himself as "not mafia", and the fact that it happened so easily will certainly arouse suspicion when it comes down to the wire coupled will whatever future behaviour he had planned.

Also since he's so obviously the jester he might be faking being the jester in order to avoid getting lynched.

I don't like this whole EE situation. Because if he actually turns out to be mafia I'm sure I'll look guilty as well, but you anti EE guys gotta admit you're on really shaky ground with the whole "EE thinks Eor is good at mafia and therefore would want to kill him, and Eor's dead so..."

I think Scav is our best bet today, actually. I don't think it's great through. He introduced the idea of EE. Though he didn't state it outright, who else fits the description of his suspect in the first post? Didn't play HS Mafia and "knows Eor from Decisive Games" is a pretty clear reference to EE, I think, and he went along with it being EE well enough.

Although he did admit it's not really much to go on, he over-estimated the amount of time we had left. That might have been on purpose (so that the EE bandwagon would be the only one rolling by the time the deadline rolled around) or by accident (activity did sharply drop after the first day.) I think Xsyven is the least town right now, and I'd vote for him if he weren't so darn jestery.

Plus I don't really buy Scav's other arguments for lynching EE. If he turns out to be town we don't actually gain anything unless you or Xsyven or possibly CK are mafia. Lynching three townies in a row rather quickly is terrible for the town. If we have probably cause for lynching you, which you have decided to give us, then you would guess discussions would be cut short into just deciding which person who voted for EE to kill. But I think most players would actually think that it's a bad course of action to just lynch people for "putting themselves out there like that, plus it was only day 1 anyway, they had to go on something, now how about THIS nightkill, I think it leads to _______" or something.

Also EE you are wrong and dumb about me! I don't fear Eor as much as the next guy. I don't want to talk about The Fog too much since it's still going on but the fact that I overestimated Eor led me to take a much more dangerous course of action than I should have.

Vote: Scav

I am not really dead set against Scav, I just want to offer an alternative to Xsyven for his voters. I would rather people lynch EE than Xsyven, in fact, since I really think he's the jester for now. But if you're voting Xsyven right now I think Scav is just a better choice.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Well, I really don't want a no lynch first day, and you do make at least an interesting assertion for Xsyven to be the Jester. Since the deadline is in about 6 hours at this point, I'm just going to try to split the current vote more than it is right now; and using my vote to make a 3 way tie on Scav at the moment doesn't exactly seem ideal. Then again, neither is this vote, but I apparently overestimated the time that was remaining as well.

Maybe we'll get some actual discussion shortly here; but I'm not really banking on too many being on SWF in the early morning Wednesday.

Vote: Evil Eye

But Xsy may just unvote to force a tie, so we maybe have to vote for him on day 2 just to get him out of our hair, if he is the Jester. So that doesn't really make this vote too spectacular of a difference either.

And it's hard for me to get a read on Scav as well, he's been pretty vocal this game, but this was exactly the same thing he did in High School, and he was offed night 1 in that game. But I think that may just be more of a playstyle for him than anything else. He may have even just thrown out the EE idea to see who would jump on the bandwagon, for later use in the game. If anything, the only thing I could say about Scav is he's probably not the Jester, as I don't think he'd still be playing the same way that led him to a night 1 death last game.

And I'm curious about one thing though, you do mention the negatives of lynching EE and him being town; but if we lynch Scav and he's town, aren't we pretty much in the same position? I really don't think EE or Scav are an ideal lynch on day 1, but we also don't have much to go on, so it's hard to say what an ideal lynch would be.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Look.

After last game, I'm convinced that a no-lynch is a bad thing. It gets us nothing. All that happens is another non-mafia player will die, and we'll have almost exactly the same information to work with. We'll chase our tails the same way - "Well, the Mafia killed ___ because it's ___, but it's equally likely that it's ____," and we'll be right back where we started.

It's not "equally likely" that EE is mafia or was framed. You're just unconvinced. Saying it's equally likely dismisses everything that's been posted by EE and the rest.

Maybe I expect too much out of us from the first round. But if we get to the deadline, and only FOUR out of FIFTEEN people have voted and forced a no lynch because everything is "equally likely," I'm going to be very irritated.

Experienced players, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But I keep reading people saying "a no lynch would be a bad thing," and then not voting. Take a risk, post a suspicion and vote for someone, or else a townie is going to die and we'll see the same EE versus Xsyven logic that you're already not convinced by.

Stop expecting there to be crystal clear evidence against someone. The best we can go by is metagaming, play history, the first night's death, posts and personality. I've concluded that, based on all of those, EE is the most suspicious townie this round. The chance is slim, but I see the chances as 15% that EE is mafia, 10% that Xsyven is mafia and 8% that anyone else is Mafia. No, the numbers aren't exact because I pulled them out of my butt :p but they illustrate the way I'm approaching this round.

If you disagree with me, then vote for someone else. Or explain why you think a no-lynch is a good idea.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Haha, two people posted and voted while I typed that. Hooray.

Thanks for voting, Redcell, even though it was for me ;) even if I die, at least the was proactive and actually lynched someone on day 1, rather than wallow in indecision like last game.

Maybe we should call the Broom version "Indecisive Games?"

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
One more thing: if EE is lynched and turns out to be town, I do not think the obvious next plays are "lynch the people that voted for EE." It's thinking like that which leads to people being scared to vote, because they're concerned they'll be executed if they're wrong.

OBVIOUSLY we'll be suspicious, but it's not like everyone will just go "whelp, these guys hammered an innocent townie, now we have to kill them."

What we have with EE and Xsyven (and now myself) is a record, and a debate. If our next vote is based purely on "___ voted for EE and led a bandwagon", we'd be pretty bad townies :p. But we're smart, and next round's discussion will have new bandwagons and new suspicions that we can then compare to this round.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Well, on the plus side, there wasn't any unvoting shenanigans to force a tie.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
If EE gets killed and turns out to be town, there's no denying Scav and Xsyven will look really suspicious, especially the latter. However, Xsyven being the jester is a possibility we should keep in mind (I keep forgetting about that role ><), but don't they usually have some sort of role restriction? It does seem silly he'd offer his own life like that, it's not good for the town at all. Redcell gets a cookie for bringing it up.

People who played with me in the previous Mafia know I dislike a "no lynch", it gives us nothing and basically leads to pretty much the same situation on the next day. I'm going to vote Evil Eye because that will provide us with a lot of information, Scav's theory makes some sense and Xsyven could very well be the jester. It's really nothing personal against EE and I'm not even that convinced, but given the circumstances I don't see another option.

VOTE: Evil Eye

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I didn't voted today because I didn't see sufficient evidence to justify it in anyone's (read: either) case, and I disagree with killing off the likeliest of potentials. Of course I'd be delighted to see a mafiat come up through our efforts today, but I don't see anything that gives me sure indication that that will be the case. :(

At least we'll have something to go on tomorrow, regardless of what happens.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Also since he's so obviously the jester he might be faking being the jester in order to avoid getting lynched.

Although he did admit it's not really much to go on, he over-estimated the amount of time we had left. That might have been on purpose (so that the EE bandwagon would be the only one rolling by the time the deadline rolled around) or by accident (activity did sharply drop after the first day.) I think Xsyven is the least town right now, and I'd vote for him if he weren't so darn jestery.
Although I'm not experienced in mafia games and am not too familiar with jester roles, this is a good point.
On the other hand, it could be a ploy by tmw to protect Xsyven! Who knows?
As for Scav, it is pretty hard for me to argue that he is town or mafia; he really could go both ways (much like Lindsay Lohan).
Regardless, based on Xsy's relatively suspicious behavior, I think it safest to vote him at this point. The jester idea holds some water, but is not strong enough for me to seriously consider it at this point in the game.
Vote: Xsyven

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
EE (3): Scav, Xsyven, Iggy
Xsyven (2): EE, Cashed
Scav (1): tmw_redcell
Late votes (2): Marc @ EE (by 14 mins), Goldshadow @ Xsyven (by 90 mins)
Not voting (7): AltF4, Medi, Riciardos, Yeroc, Matunas, Marshy, Virgilijus

---

A woman in a trench coat and a funny hat can be seen walking down a busy Gotham street. She walks up to the crosswalk, presses the button, and waits for her 'Walk' light to turn green. It does, but she does not walk. Instead, she waits until a police squad car is in sight, steps out of the crosswalk, and bolts to the other side.

The policeman chirps his siren twice, stops his squad car, and steps out of the vehicle.

"Missy, do you know what you just did?"

"Yeah, Offisah. I Mr. Jay-walked," she smirks as she waltzes up to the police car. She pulls a crowbar out of her coat and proceeds to bash in the windows of the car until the cop is able to hold her down.

"You're crazy, woman. You know that? You're going to Arkham."

"Oh no, don't send me away to Arkham! They have some crazy people there!" she laughs.

Evil Eye, Harley Quinn (independent Jester), has been sent to Arkham Asylum.

---

Event: Jailbreak!

Harley Quinn arrives at her padded cell in Arkham Asylum. With her limitless knowledge of the workings of the facility she used help keep safe, she puts into action her escape plan. Melting the straight jacket with the acidic dye in her hair, she springs from her cell and moves straight to her objective. Opening the door, she cannot help but smile.

"Hello, Mr. Jay~"

"Ahh, Harley. So wonderful to see you," The Joker comments as he finishes his game of solitaire.

"Lets get you out of here, Mr. Jay. Then we can get out of Gotham."

"Of course, but before that, I have a bit of funny business to attend to..."

Everyone in Arkham Asylum has been broken free!
Ironic, isnt it? On Day 1, nobody is in Arkham. Oh well. ^^'

---

Inside Wayne Manor, Bruce can be seen getting out of the shower. As he prepares to get some sleep, a repeating chime can be heard from his dresser.

"That noise... I haven't heard that in a long time..."

He picks up the battle-worn Robin insignia and presses it.

"Tim, get suited up. We have somewhere to go."

"..."

"Tim...!? ALFRED, CHECK HIS ROOM!"

"I'm sorry sir," the butler interrupts as he steps into Bruce's chambers. "Master Drake is not in his room."

"This isn't good..."

As soon as he is suited, the Dark Knight breaks out of his house and follows pinging grid on the old Robin insignia. When he arrives, he is at an old abandoned factory.

"This is where it all began."

Opening the door, Batman's worst fears have come to life. The Joker is out of Arkham, thanks to Harley.

"Hello, Bats! Are you ready to play a game?"

"What have you done to... oh my God..."

"Thats right, Knighty!"

The Joker holds two ropes that both lead up above giant vats of acid. Bound and hanging above one of the tanks is the boy wonder, Tim Drake, Robin. Above the other Batman's oldest ally, Dick Grayson, Nightwing.

"You have to make a choice, Bats! Its either me, bird boy, or the lone ranger! I hope you're on the same page with your subconsious, because you're going to have to live with your decision... and they won't!"

The Joker lets go of the ropes and runs away, laughing maniacally.

Faced with his split second decision, Batman has saved Nightwing.

Marshy, Tim Drake, Robin the Boy Wonder (multi-powered hero), has died a bloody death.

Event: Jailbreak has ended.
Day 1 has ended.

EE has fulfilled his win and leaves the game. He will tie with the winning group.

Night 1 Begins! Please send in your night actions by midnight, Thursday/Friday border, EST.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Night 1 ends.

GOTHAM TIMES: DAY 2

DEATH COUNT CLIMBS

[The front page shows a half page picture of the Gotham Museum. The front door glass is broken and blood is spread all over the stone steps. In the middle of the pool of blood lies the body of The Riddler, with his green bowlers hat pulled over his eyes. His fingers are all cut off and lie in front of him, in the shape of a question mark.]

[Next to this picture is the image of the Gotham Police Department. In front of this building is the dead body of Batwoman. This body is neatly tied up by a thin black and blue rope.]

"In a questionable turn of events, two dead bodies have turned up this morning," commented the Gotham Police Department. "One body follows the same gruesome pattern as last nights murder of our beloved Commissioner, and one body seems to have been delivered to us. We have no comment on this situation. God help us, this city is tearing itself apart."

Matunas, The Riddler (reformed independent investigator), has died a bloody death.

Ignatius, Batwoman (mason partner), has died a clean death.

Day 2 begins.
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Friday, December 5th, Noon EST.
In an effort to provoke activity, everyone must have voted once by deadline.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
OH SNAP.

Okay, that's crazy. I totally didn't think that'd happen-- let's just be happy the jester died first, right? And sure, we just lost three town in a row... but I had no idea any of that would happen.

So, my role, not yet to be exposed, had a direct contact with Eor's. Night one, he investigated Evil Eye, and he came up as having a previous criminal record. Obviously, that was true. I saw Crimson King MENTION his name, so I pounced on it like a kitten to yarn.... and it resulted in the biggest train wreck this side of the Mississippi. :(

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Also, due to the fact that we have bloody and clean deaths means we have a vigilante.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Actually, it'd have been more beneficial if the Jester got sent to Arkham later on. He'd release all townies in there and perhaps 1 or 2 Mafia, but we'd already know them and could send them away again. This is going pretty badly and I'm not sure what to make of it yet. I'll also have to think about what Xsyven just said.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Well, this is pretty much the crappiest the game could have gone for us, up till now. But no point focusing on that, except maybe to help us figure out what to do next.

Personally, I'm tempted to believe Xsyven's story. EE does seem like the kind of person Eor would investigate on the first day. Someone who he knows is smart, but whose playing style he's not familiar with. In other words, somebody Eor might not be able to tell which side he was on, but who would be dangerous if he was mafia.

This doesn't make me 100% sure that Xsyven's town, but it does make me want to look for other lynch candidates today, rather than just go for the obvious choice and lynch Xsyven.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
We apparently have a role that can kill people. The question is: can he do it every night, just once or something inbetween? Which side is he on? I'm not too experienced with this type of roles, so maybe someone can fill me in on what's common.

Xsyven claimed to have a connection with Eor and his story is believable enough for now. There might be more to his role and by role claiming he basically but a target on his back for the Mafia. I'm hoping the Doctor is paying attention...

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
We apparently have a role that can kill people. The question is: can he do it every night, just once or something inbetween? Which side is he on? I'm not too experienced with this type of roles, so maybe someone can fill me in on what's common.
My guess is, it's a vigilante role.

Probably, he can kill once a night, and chose not to do so on the first night because he had absolutely no information. That's my best guess, anyway.

If it was a one-time-only killing ability, he probably would have waited until later in the game to use it, when he could gather more evidence and have more confidence that his target was mafia.

Xsyven claimed to have a connection with Eor and his story is believable enough for now. There might be more to his role and by role claiming he basically but a target on his back for the Mafia. I'm hoping the Doctor is paying attention...
The doctor's job is always hard. It's more of a guessing game than anything else.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
The Riddler as an independent investigator is interesting: I guess we can't exactly go by what the characters in the Batman Universe were.

I still don't find Xsyven very suspicious. And I'm assuming the "clean" death and "bloody" death mean the difference between a vig kill and mafia kill.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The Riddler as an independent investigator is interesting: I guess we can't exactly go by what the characters in the Batman Universe were.
In the comics he's actually an investigator now. A **** good one, at that.

How about, since roles are definitely tied to characters and Batman canon is playing such a critical role here, we share our names? I propose a mass nameclaim. I'm willing to share my identity. Anybody else?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I think a name claim is better than what we have going now. At minimum, whoever is an investigator can see if anyone has any conflicting stories: we may be able to piece something together from that. It's probably better than what we have now, which is essentially randomly lynching people, the majority of which are bound to be townies due to probability (over half are always town otherwise the game would end first day).

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'm not too comfortable with the idea of Batman and Nightwing (or other good guy power roles) having to give themselves away. The Doctor (who also would be revealed if he's in the game) can't protect them all. Xsyven also asked a pretty viable question that hasn't received an answer yet. And... given this level of activity, can you expect everyone to claim a name? It'd be silly to have 6 people name claim while everyone else sits back and watches (or doesn't play at all). Then there's always the option of lying, though that's risky considering someone else can have that name and there might be a role capable of verifying claims.

That said, it's an interesting idea.

Top Bottom