• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batmafia: A BRoom Game moved to DGames

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
There's nothing to go off of. You're all paranoid.
Agreed.

Besides, killing off Eor first thing doesn't mean that it has to be a player who's new to mafia that did it. It just has to be someone who knows how good Eor is at these games, and almost everybody knows that.

Also, I suspect that Batman will have a vigilante role. It makes by far the most sense. I expect he is able to chose one person a night to incarcerate in Arkham. Judging from how straightforward Gordon's role was, this seems the most likely role for Batman.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Welcome to the first vote, Cashed. =/
I think that Eor's early murder does narrow down our list of suspects a bit. It just doesn't narrow it down to EE, or any other individual.

It means that someone who is aware of Eor's prowess is a mafia member. It could just be someone who's heard about it from another member, but personally I'd bet that at least one decisive gamer is amongst the mafia.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hey, if the instinct of EE hit me and Crimson King, then it's gotta be right. :p

It was more of a suggestion. It's not like I'm voting him. (Yet.)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Seems like you'll be pretty quick to assume your instinct is correct though, while barely anybody has posted.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I don't think that's necessarily the case, as much as people realize that we won't exactly have much on the first night to go off of; and we are not going to have a no lynch this day.

EE's post instant seemed a bit off to me as well, which is moreso what made me think about him being responsible for this. From what I've seen of his posts, it just feels a little... weird; but that may just be me wanting to find something wrong with someone right away.

Either way, first day lynch is typically more of a roulette type kill than anything else.
And for first day, I'd be pretty content to place my chips on EE. Since I really doubt discussion wise another suitable candidate would arise, especially with the possibility of a jester trying to misguide our lynch as well.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
You guys make it seem like there is only 1 mafia: EE. Yes, EE would know from Decisive Games that Eor is a decent player, but some one else had to have made the decision with him. If it was another new player, I could see how EE (if he were mafia) could convince him. But if it was some one more experienced, I don't think it would necessarily be the case.

I think a lot of you guys are jumping the gun, even with it being first day.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
You guys make it seem like there is only 1 mafia: EE. Yes, EE would know from Decisive Games that Eor is a decent player, but some one else had to have made the decision with him. If it was another new player, I could see how EE (if he were mafia) could convince him. But if it was some one more experienced, I don't think it would necessarily be the case.

I think a lot of you guys are jumping the gun, even with it being first day.
I disagree. Focusing on one person as potential mafia doesn't mean we're being narrow-minded. There's still a lot of time left. And, nobody has voted for EE yet.

One member can certainly influence things, simply by nominating who to kill. All it takes is for the experienced Mafioso to say "Lets kill Eor, he's great at these games," or "Let's kill Eor, he single handedly killed 4 bad guys in Fog," or "Let's kill Eor so we can frame EE." It's worth talking about.

But, you're right that it's not worth talking about at the expense of other lines of thought. What else can we gather?

Here's an odd thought: I don't see Eor's name on the participants list (check me on this... I might be blind). He also didn't remember signing up. Tom is enjoying the narration of this quite a bit. It's possible Eor was drafted in to the game STRICTLY to die before the first round, to make us all go "oh ****."

Or, maybe Tom is removing people from the list when they die. I don't know, it's weird >_<

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Wow, losing the cop right away is a very bad start, probably the worst possible. T_T

Scav's posts so far make sense. However, people are jumping to conclusions a bit too fast IMO. I agree we don't have much to go on, but I'm definitely not voting yet.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Here's an odd thought: I don't see Eor's name on the participants list (check me on this... I might be blind). He also didn't remember signing up. Tom is enjoying the narration of this quite a bit. It's possible Eor was drafted in to the game STRICTLY to die before the first round, to make us all go "oh ****."

Or, maybe Tom is removing people from the list when they die. I don't know, it's weird >_<
I'm guessing Eor was #14 on the list.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I wasn't accusing EE by any means. I was just saying he'd know how good Eor is at any and all Decisive Games. Can we go on that for a vote? Not really. Can we go on ANYTHING as a vote? Not really, but I feel voting no lynch so soon in the day would be fruitless because Day 2 we'll be down to 13 people to talk our crazy ideas out instead of 14.

I'm just talking out loud at this point. If we want to go by ANYTHING, and this is really a stretch, look at EE's and Ignatius' posts when Eor die. Those, along with Scav who likes to play the crazy old man, are the only ones who seemed "off" to me. Again, I am not accusing, just speaking out loud.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
**** you guys!

lol, jk, jk.

Wow, losing the cop first thing? That sucks. And we have very little go off of except for meta-information. I personally doubt that any previous mafia members would be again. So maybe that'll help us along a bit.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Tom uses a random number generator to assign roles (see the last game's wrap-up where he says he's glad the "RNG" picked Medi and Xsyven.) It's possible that he cherry picked a few members to make the game interesting, but if he used an RNG, then last game's Mafia is just as likely as any of us.

In RL games, occasionally people would get assigned mafia two games in a row. Shenanigans ensued.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pfft! You mean PRNG, unless Tom has a Top Secret NSA quantum noise seeded generator!

But yes... that WOULD put a damper on even the meta-info... Well, ****. Not much to go off of, huh? Random guesses in... 3... 2... 1...

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
On Eor's death, yeah everyone knows Eor's good at mafia. But one thing I think people who post in Decisive Games know more than people who don't, is that not only is Eor a huge target for the mafia but the doctor usually protects him night #1. I protected him night 1 in Tomafia, <3 protected him night 1 in Marvel Mafia, and I think there was one other recent game like that.

Also, one thing about Marvel Mafia that may have happened here. The mafia was in a masonry with the town doctor, so we knew who he would protect every night. The mafia would probably think that the doctor would protect Eor or Marshy the first night. They may have had inside info on who the doctor would protect, because otherwise trying to kill Eor night 1 is risky whereas killing a less experienced player has a much higher chance of success. So doc, if you're telling anyone who you're protecting thinking they're a mason buddy or lover or something, that doesn't mean they're town.

It's possible that Tom put Eor in just to die, but that would be pretty unusual for a mafia game to have a role pre-determined for a player. Also having a role where you are guaranteed to die night 0 would just be annoying.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I didn't post that soon after he died, you know. Forty-five minutes is a long time.

I told Tom to hurry up because I didn't have long on the internet, then I either browsed other parts of the forums or other parts of the internet (take a look at my posts that night). I don't see what's suspicious about posting so soon. I was online before Tom posted. I was online after Tom posted. I posted my thoughts.

If I were mafia, why would I post the only rationale for killing Eor, if that were indeed my goal? Wouldn't I conceal that and say "oh ****" or whatever?

Plenty of people play Decisive Games that are also BRoomers, and that Eor is **** good at them is a common mindset. More importantly, we have several people who played or are still playing The Fog that saw Eor's abilities first hand, and Eor really shone in that game above others. And I'm not the only person to GM Eor in a DG, either. Every person who ever ran a mafia saw his skills firsthand.

Time for a history lesson, guys:

Fog and Batmafia Players:

Mediocre

Medi worked with Eor from the very start and was privy to all of Eor's secret slayings as the maverick Dr. Phibes throughout. In fact, Medi even fought Eor and tried to pull him away as he shot a suspect no one was sure about. And then the guy died. This was the second time in the FIRST DAY Eor killed a Traitor, and this time it was right in front of him. Eor solved most of the Indiana Jonesy puzzles and later solved a cold case when several crucial people were murdered at a safehouse, resulting in the death of a Traitor. Eor saved a crucial, in the end, by sacrificing his life. He intercepted an assault on this crucial, then hid him away somewhere and broke a window. The Traitor then caught him trying to climb out the window, and Eor put on a show of "stalling" the Traitor in a losing battle, when in reality he was just throwing his life away for the sake of that illusion. A brilliant move that saved the crucial's life, and the town may well win because of that action. Medi knew all of that.

For people other than me, The Fog gave Eor, if anything, an even MORE mystical sage sort of appearance. Because I saw the logic behind his actions as his suspicions developed and blossomed (or wilted). They just saw some lone star running around kicking *** and taking names.

Marshigio

Another real partner of Eor's in The Fog, he often took Eor's advice, which would yield good things. He had a suspicion of two people in The Fog, and considered arresting them. Eor pushed the decision over the edge, and one of the arrestees turned out ot be a Traitor. Marshy was also, although not present, privy to all of the above. Marshy also watched Eor convince another player to suicide bomb two third party dangers. He saw the masterful speech from start to finish.

Eric

Eric was constantly wondering about whether Eor was outfoxing him or not. In the end, he was blindsided by the suicide bomber. This was a complete left hook, it seemed, as he was not at all prepared for such an attack and died as a result. If I'm not mistaken, Eric is pretty new to mafia and adventure games. What opinions do you think he'd take away from that incident, then, hmm?

Scav

Since Scav was not playing The Fog, but is might interested in Decisive Games, I told him most of the most interesting inner machinations of The Fog. Chief among the things I talk about, with regards to The Fog, are Eor's various exploits.

Virgilijus

Virg plays an armchair general bossing around military men in The Fog. Before he was cast as the General, I was telling him a lot about the goings-on in the game and the various headgames, without using any specifics, other than Eor's usual heroic ****. When he first came into the game, he had specific orders for his men to keep their guns ready around him. How often does Virg play mafia? I don't think he plays that many of them, but he certainly developed a fear of Eor's behavior.

Plus, it's not like I'm the only person that's ever run a decisive game.

Food for thought, jerks.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I would like to add that Marshy came into HSM **** near the end and wouldn't have seen how much sway Eor did or did not have.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Oh wow, tmw_redcell is also in The Fog, and knows all about that other stuff, being one of the Traitors that Eor Matlocked out. I forgot to mention him.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
You know what, think whatever you want to, but I better not get day 1-lynched over semantics that apply as well to other people as to me.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Heh, I totally guessed Harley too.

Ugh, working all day sucks. I'm not sure what to make of all this EE hate, and while I'm not saying I believe him or anyone else to be Town for certain at this point, so far I'm not convinced he's mafia any more than anyone else who could be attributed the same motivations for killing Eor.

I hate Day 1.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
EE hate = knee jerk reaction.

I hate you all.

In all seriousness, as I hopefully proved by this point, the fact that Eor is dead shouldn't narrow it down to me in particular, not should I be on the list of suspects, nor... etc. My objective up to this point has been to not be the misguided day 1 lynch. What I'm saying is, the fact that Eor is dead should not instantly conjure images of EE, because more than I fear his proficiency at Decisive Games.

Also, in case anyone plays grammar nazi, I'm kind of drunk right now ( just got home from a party) so if you use grammar flaws in any kind of argument, frankly, you can eat my ****.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Canadian parties end at 7 so they can come home before the wolves are out

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
well it was RIGHT after work and I might go to another later, we'll see.

That said, I was really pushing the wolf danger on my way home... so we'll see.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I don’t see the logical connection between EE and Eor that others seem to see. Everyone in here seems to feel that Eor is some kind of Mafia god so it really isn’t that surprising that he was taken out first.

I’d say what we need to be focusing on are our potential options for Day 1.

1. No Lynch – At some point on day one this is always brought up. I still don’t see the appeal behind this tactic as it all it really does is give the mafia a free kill again tomorrow and we’re in the same situation minus a townie. But as always I’m sure there are people who think it has merit and would want to discuss it.

2. Lynch an inactive – Again it is an option. Take out those who post the least and haven’t put much into the game. It saves us losing a player who would help keep the game going later and if they aren’t going to post than it is an issue anyway. As of right now I think everyone has posted at least once and there isn’t anyone standing out here at the moment.

3. Lynch a suspicious person/random – This one speaks for itself. We take out whoever seems the most suspicious and if no one is we go for someone at random.

This is pretty obvious and the only reason I’m bringing it up is so we can figure out what to do before we get to the last minute. If we can come to some kind of consensus now than we wont be stuck with last minute votes or an accidental no-lynch.

If there are other options throw them out there so we can figure out what we want to do. I’ve read in other games of things like roles outing themselves early so they can be protected, etc., but this always seems like a bad idea IMO.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Going by the things I outlined in my big (and to this point, completely ignored) post, and the fact that he was the first one to paint me with a bullseye, I'm going to Vote: Eric

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I said you were the only person we'd have any remote connection because you know Eor better at these games.

That's fine if you want to vote for me, but really, you are basing it on the fact that I "accused you" when you made a lengthy post, as scav has done before, accusing each of us equally.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
If there are other options throw them out there so we can figure out what we want to do. I’ve read in other games of things like roles outing themselves early so they can be protected, etc., but this always seems like a bad idea IMO.
Well, the role that would normally out itself would be the cop, so unless there's another one there's not much we can do there. Also if there was one regular cop then any other cops are more likely to be weird (insane, naive, or whatever) and not be nearly as useful. That kind of cop should figure out what kind of cop they are before outing themselves, unless they think they are going to die, in which case they can get their investigations out then either a death confirmation or circumstance can reveal what kind of cop they were.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I don’t see the logical connection between EE and Eor that others seem to see. Everyone in here seems to feel that Eor is some kind of Mafia god so it really isn’t that surprising that he was taken out first.
Yeah, I don't see why people were so quick to make this connection. I mean, nobody actually voted for him, and that's good, but it still seemed odd to me.

I'll have to go back and look to see if it seemed like anyone was really pushing that angle.

1. No Lynch – At some point on day one this is always brought up. I still don’t see the appeal behind this tactic as it all it really does is give the mafia a free kill again tomorrow and we’re in the same situation minus a townie. But as always I’m sure there are people who think it has merit and would want to discuss it.
Yeah, no lynch is worthless this early on.

Later on in the game it can sometimes be useful, but it's very situational.

2. Lynch an inactive – Again it is an option. Take out those who post the least and haven’t put much into the game. It saves us losing a player who would help keep the game going later and if they aren’t going to post than it is an issue anyway. As of right now I think everyone has posted at least once and there isn’t anyone standing out here at the moment.
If nothing else shows up, this is probably our best option.

3. Lynch a suspicious person/random – This one speaks for itself. We take out whoever seems the most suspicious and if no one is we go for someone at random.
Not sure why you put these in the same category.

Lynching a suspicious person is probably our best bet, although I don't find anyone suspicious yet. Still, it's far superior to lynching a random person, which there's no reason for us to do.

Would be far better to lynch an inactive than a random person.

This is pretty obvious and the only reason I’m bringing it up is so we can figure out what to do before we get to the last minute. If we can come to some kind of consensus now than we wont be stuck with last minute votes or an accidental no-lynch.
Yeah, we need to do everything we can to avoid a no-lynch. Right now, we need information more than anything else.

I’ve read in other games of things like roles outing themselves early so they can be protected, etc., but this always seems like a bad idea IMO.
Agreed. At this point in the game, outing yourself is a terrible idea.

Even for a cop it would be extremely iffy. For any other role, it would be idiotic.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I think Scav was just trying to make something of the little information we have, I trust him for now. I'm aware that I tend to trust people like him a little too much, so I will keep an eye on him. Crimson King named EE, but it didn't come across as an accusation (might be intended that way, hm...). Xsyven was quick "to agree" on EE, at which point it did become an accusation. This is how I see it though. Whatever happened, EE is probably in the tightest spot at the moment and I don't think he deserves it. On the other hand, we don't have much else to go on and I dislike "no lynch" or "random lynch". Lynching inactives is my preferred choice at times like these, but I don't know who qualifies for that right now.

EDIT: Fixed a spelling error.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I just thought it was crazy that after reading Scav's post, I thought "Hmm... EE." And Eric then said something about him in the next post.

Not saying I totally think EE is innocent... he still has an evil look in his eye... *rimshot*

I think I might get nightkilled for that. >_>

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
It's still BS. As I must have proved by now, I'm not the only person that would consider Eor an imminent threat. I'm not saying I shouldn't be considered, but I'm saying it's ****ing absurd how you narrowed the list as though I'm the ONLY person implicated by it, when in reality that is a numerous list.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
That doesn't change the fact that I was zeroed in on by you, Eric, and others, when everyone knows I'm not the only person that knows Eor is good at DG.

And that makes you a suspect. It's pretty easy to kill a well-known mafia champ and then frame it on someone who would best know he is such a champ. If your umbrella of suspects was wider, I wouldn't have a problem, but because you guys were awful precise in painting a target on my head, I have nothing good to say about you until you oust an actual mafia guy, or die and are proven town.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
How do you expect me, Eric, and others to oust an actual Mafia guy on day one?

I think that picking on a random person is good fun. Seeing whether or not they play along jokingly as I did, or if they get defensive is a good strategy in my opinion. I dunno though. Food for thought.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
You didn't pick on a random person, you picked on one of many people that could be implicated by something that happened and acted like the person in question was the only suspect as such. And now you're pulling a [name of broomer removed for taste reasons] and dialing it back to say you were doing it all in jest, when any person with half a brain can tell you're dead serious.

And how else am I suppose to react to accusation? Overnight accusation by almost everyone in the **** game, I might add. I'm not going to go along with it, because admissions of guilt are stupid, as silence would be and as pretending I'm not suspicious of you, Eric, and others would be most of all. Someone died. Rather than post a list of suspects implicated by it, Eric suggests one person in particular (me) and you and others pounced on the opportunity.

I find that a hell of a lot more suspicious than defending myself when I'm in the corner and you're readying the noose.

Top Bottom