• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batmafia: A BRoom Game moved to DGames

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I agree with Xsyven (we must both be town this time!). S'a good strategy.

4.) There is a jester in this game who is independent and whose goal it is to be lynched.
No one has voted EE. No one ever denied Eor being a good mafia player. He's isn't allowed to say outright that he's the jester, so instead gets over-defensive to agitate us into voting him. He knows that he's playing the victim.

It's just Day 1, so I'm not sure, but he seems the likeliest candidate so far. It might be good to ignore his posts.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I have a lot more to say, but I'm not gonna say anything until more votes are cast. Until then, I've got my eye on you.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Marshy, what else am I supposed to do? If I don't nip it in the bud, the ball is rolling.

X, you already had your eye on me, so that's not much of a change.

I'm not trying to get defensive, I'm defending myself. There's a difference. I am trying to drill it into your heads that there are other suspects implicated by Eor's death, and yet no one seems to give this fact any thought or explore it. Except Scav, who is now AWOL.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Well, honestly, we all know Eor's one of the most experienced. You don't have to post in decisive games to figure that out.

So in that respect, Evil Eye really is just as innocent as anyone else. First lynches really aren't based on anything. I really was joking at first, don't get your panties in a bundle. If anything, I'd like to hear other people's opinions. As many as we can get before the first lynch. Who knows-- maybe someone else will strike me even harder than you did.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I gave you plenty of suspects in my big post, all with as much logical base or more than myself.

See this from my point of view. Eor dies. I point out the obvious: "That sucks, he was probably targeted for his mafia skill"

I return, and overnight, a ton of players have agreed this makes me one of the top suspects.

It doesn't matter that you weren't voting. What matters is that suspicions were festering, and in enough people to lynch me out (or sway others to help lynch me out). To countercounterattack me for trying to make you look for other suspects and analyze them just as much is ridiculous.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Just because Marc mentioned he likes to lynch an inactive player, I took a quick look through, and I think Goldshadow is the only one thusfar to not have any posts.

Although, I still don't think inactivity is a great way for lynching either, just figured Id check into that since he said he didn't know who qualifies as inactive at the moment. Not that failing to post in a 3 day timespan is hugely inactive to begin with.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I don't think EE is a particularly strong candidate for a lynch. He's just as suspicious as everyone else in this game so far - not at all.

I do find the fact that so many players jumped on EE all at once suspicious, but at the same time all the mafia members would have to be pretty stupid to jump on a bandwagon so early in the game like that.

So, really, I don't have any great suspicions. If I had to vote for somebody right now, it would be one of the people who vocalized their suspicions of EE so quickly. But I'm not confident enough in that to press the issue right now.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Inactivity lynching is better than lynching someone on shaky at best grounds. Best case scenario is you lynch an inactive mafia, worst is you lynch an inactive town, who wouldn't be contributing to anything.

Oh, and to help spread the love (or at least nonhate), I would like to point out that Iggy was also targeted/suggested a bit unfairly, simply for posting shortly after Eor's death was announced (as many did). But at least the person that posted his name mentioned more than one suspect, which is a bit more ideal than what has been happening.

Also, Iggy, three days is... pretty inactive, for how fast this game moves.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Also, Medi, a majority bandwagon is terrific for mafia. They don't look any more suspicious than anyone else on the wagon, and they add weight to a burgeoning suspicion against a townie. Best case scenario is that the townie is lynched, and worst is that suspicions are directed away from them for a while why they scheme. It's a solid move.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Also, Medi, a majority bandwagon is terrific for mafia. They don't look any more suspicious than anyone else on the wagon, and they add weight to a burgeoning suspicion against a townie. Best case scenario is that the townie is lynched, and worst is that suspicions are directed away from them for a while why they scheme. It's a solid move.
I'm just saying that it's not particularly likely that a bunch of mafia were going after you. With these things, it's more likely that some townie initiated it, then a few more hoped on the bandwagon, then maybe a mafia member put agreed with them.

By and large, smart mafia members don't make strong attacks on day one. Too much risk for very little reward, since it's most probable that we'll wind up lynching a townie anyway.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I doubt Mafia would hide this early in the game. Inactive people are probably those that just got boring roles.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I doubt Mafia would hide this early in the game. Inactive people are probably those that just got boring roles.
I wasn't saying that the mafia were inactive.

I was saying that the mafia were not likely to have initiated this bandwagon-like thing against EE. If they're involved at all, they probably got involved later on in the bandwagon. And even that is iffy.

That's all I was saying.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
On the whole, I'd agree with you both. Judging from some of the games I looked over in DG, smart mafiats tend to do a good job of melding a bunch of different playstyles together in an effort to stay just outside the spotlight.

Yet I'm afraid I'm still a little dependent on the prevailing wisdom of the more experienced players here as far as what to do about that, especially at this early stage. Personally I'd like to listen to some other viewpoints; stir up a little activity, get some more discussion going than meager finger-pointing. Talking Day 1 through is one of our best weapons against the mafia later on, so we should use it as best we're able.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
CK (1): EE

With 15 alive, it will take a majority of 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, Nov. 25, Noon EST.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Come on, EE, it's not completely absurd by any means, nor is it surprising or suspicious. A lot of people know Eor is good at decisive games. But, only one person has consistently told me how amazing Eor is. I'm willing to bet that the reason you come to mind first for CK and Xsyven is because you tout Eor's skill so highly. You're also well known as a calculating and smart person. So when we look at the profile of a smart, playing-to-win Mafioso who kills the biggest threat first, then look at the person who most publicly applauds Eor's skill, then look at the person who greatly enjoys planning spy short stories and assassinations and decisive game scenarios and a certain other batman-themed game, you fit the bill.

Perhaps too well.

But.

Random Scav thought: for those of you who have played way more online mafia than me, what do we have to gain from putting EE in arkham? A good number of people have called on him, a fair number of others defended him, and it's spurred a lot of discussion. There's a pretty good paper trail. If he picks up enough votes, and he's innocent, you can bet a lot of us are on the chopping block. He independently came to mind to two different people, and I would be VERY shocked if a mafia made the VERY FIRST ACCUSATION. If we vote EE, and come on, EE is by definition the most suspicious right now because the most people suspect him (the only person to get more callouts is "inactive"), then either we're wrong and have a hefty trail, or we're right and kick ***.

Or, we could let him live. We still have a pretty good paper trail, we lynch an inactive (which we never seem to end up doing). If we lynch, say, Goldshadow (not many posts), Yeroc (always seems to post a single line plus "I'm at work I'll post later"), Ignatius, or maybe... has Cashed posted much besides one-liner commentary? I haven't seen any. If we lynch an inactive, there's more left to random chance, while you also remove some deadweight. And yes, lynching an inactive IS more random than lynching a person who's drawn suspicion.

Game theory:

Lynch: ______Yes ________No
Guilty____| We rock ______ Less chance of getting a Mafioso, Big paper trail
Innocent__| Big paper trail _ less chance of getting a mafioso, Big paper trail

Going out on a limb time:

Vote: EE

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Come on, EE, it's not completely absurd by any means, nor is it surprising or suspicious. A lot of people know Eor is good at decisive games. But, only one person has consistently told me how amazing Eor is. I'm willing to bet that the reason you come to mind first for CK and Xsyven is because you tout Eor's skill so highly. You're also well known as a calculating and smart person. So when we look at the profile of a smart, playing-to-win Mafioso who kills the biggest threat first, then look at the person who most publicly applauds Eor's skill, then look at the person who greatly enjoys planning spy short stories and assassinations and decisive game scenarios and a certain other batman-themed game, you fit the bill.
Doesn't the fact that I so publicly laud his abilities count for anything? That's the first thing I'd think about when planning a nightkill, believe me.

Where're the smarts and calculations in that?

And what do my fixations on the world of espionnage have to do with anything? I haven't exactly won any allies in defending myself, and my interests in decisive games and my upcoming gotham game are irrelevant in any way I can think of.

That said, your reasoning is more reasonable than others, I just wish you'd consider the fact that there are plenty of people who have seen Eor's skills and haven't seen his errs.

At any rate, Vote: Xsyven. Eric put me on the block, and he has every reason to fear Eor, but like you said, it's unlikely a mafioso will make the first accusation. Xsyven, however, ran with it and created the first sense of any momentum against me. I'm almost positive on this vote. There's no limb of which to go on, just logic.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I like Scav's logic.

Vote: Evil Eye

If Evil Eye turns out to be innocent, then yeah, my head's on the chopping block. I'm sincerely suspicious of Evil Eye, even though I clearly look stupid and cultish. :p

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Ridiardos does replace Crimson King.

Vote Count:
EE (2): Scav, Xsyven
Xsyven (1): EE

With 15 alive, it will take a majority of 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, Nov. 25, Noon EST.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Hi gais!

I will show you my boobies if you show me your Mafia!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Vote: Xsyven

Too quick to jump on the bandwagon against EE when it was first mentioned, and quick to jump behind Scav's most recent post.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It's good that we have something to go on this early in the game, but it really isn't much. Killing an inactive player the first day is only acceptable if that person hasn't said anything IMO. Goldshadow fits that role I think, but maybe we should give him some more time.

EE vs Xsyven is getting interesting and this will probably be useful. EE's defense makes sense so far, but so does Scav's reasoning. Killing EE would give us quite a bit of information, but we'd also lose someone that could be valuable. Xsyven was a bandwagoner in the high school game and turned out to be Mafia. He's basically doing the same thing now, except he's more active in creating the bandwagon this time around. I'm leaning towards voting him, but I'm not sold yet.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I'd be rather surprised if Xsyven the Mafia's logic went "Man, I got killed last game because I jumped on the bandwagon a lot... this game I should make sure to jump on the bandwagon MORE! That'll throw them off, mwahaha."

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
By Killing EE, here's what's up:

If he's town, you can chop my head off.
If he's Mafia, we can chop Marshigio's head off.

If you kill me:

Nothin'.

To every action, there is a reaction. You just have to decide which reaction is best for the town.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Sorry, I should expound more on the Marshigio thing.

Marshigio not only protected EE, but he made him out to be the Jester, thus pleading the town to leave Evil Eye alone. So yeah, if EE is Mafia, then we can further question Marshigio's alignment.

Really, you just gatta put it out there and see how people react. The first lynch is usually a bust-- let's just see how this one turns out, yeah? I wouldn't be stickin' my neck out this far if I didn't have a strategy, guys. =/

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Your "strategy" thus far has been to pin the tail on whatever donkey got mentioned first at the big show.

I'd be rather surprised if Xsyven the Mafia's logic went "Man, I got killed last game because I jumped on the bandwagon a lot... this game I should make sure to jump on the bandwagon MORE! That'll throw them off, mwahaha."
Right, but it makes drastic amounts of sense, Scav, that I would kill Eor knowing full well that everyone is aware of the high regard in which I hold his abilities...

Double standards much?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Killing an inactive player the first day is only acceptable if that person hasn't said anything IMO. Goldshadow fits that role I think, but maybe we should give him some more time.
My bad, I haven't had time to read everything and I've been trying to catch up!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
To be honest, the only reason Mediocre and I kept Eor around last game was because we'd already killed all the other experienced players, and didn't want Mediocre to be the last one standing.

*shrug*

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I personally don't think Xsyven is mafia. Not that it's anything concrete, just the general "not as comfortable posting" vibe that he didn't have last time because he can get lynched.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Marshigio not only protected EE, but he made him out to be the Jester, thus pleading the town to leave Evil Eye alone.
At the time, he seemed the likeliest person to be the jester so I said "yeah Xsyven questioning people to see their reaction is a good strategy" then used the strategy myself to see his reaction. To make sure he responded, I suggested that everbody ignore him.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm really not pointing fingers at you or anything Marshy. You're probably just being a good citizen. Assuming Evil Eye turns out to be Mafia, you won't be able to deny that it's at least a little suspicious lookin'. :p

It all depends on the EE.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Personally, I don't think either Xsyven or EE are mafia. That leaves me in a really annoying position.

Frankly, I have a feeling I won't find anyone I consider worthy of a vote today. If it seems like there's going to be a tie, though, which would force a no-lynch, I will try to break it. A no-lynch on the first day is always a bad idea.

To be honest, the only reason Mediocre and I kept Eor around last game was because we'd already killed all the other experienced players, and didn't want Mediocre to be the last one standing.

*shrug*
This is true.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
@EE: There's no double standard. Killing Eor is a calculated move that, while risky, would pay dividends. It would be very EEian to follow a train of logic that decides killing Eor and risking exposure is worth the risk. Especially since you're a talented debater, you'd know that you could rely on your composure and aggressiveness to make it out of the first round, where you would be most at risk.

With Xsyven, on the other hand, I just can't picture him using the logic "I'm going to do what I did last game, only MORE SO." That's quite different than "We're going to remove the biggest threat and try to survive the first round even though it puts a spotlight on me, because if we don't Eor can torpedo my plans very quickly."

Also: I don't find Marshy's "EE is a Jester" statement suspicious. He was just pulling a pin from a hand grenade to see who ducked :p it's the first round, so it fits my View of Marshiggles that he would throw a one-liner in order to keep us from focusing on one person this round. Which is good. Pitchforks and torches end badly.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
So there's an interesting "bandwagon" against EE right now based entirely off of meta-information. (That he knows Eor well) And Xsyven is being rather vocal also. Both curious.

On one hand I'm rather suspicious of Xsyven for being so gung-ho, but on the other I'd hate to punish a townie for just trying to be active stir up the game.

Top Bottom