• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batmafia: A BRoom Game moved to DGames

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
Not voting: everyone [11]

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Friday, December 5th, Noon EST.
In an effort to provoke activity, everyone must have voted once by deadline.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
What was my question? >_> Why there was no vigilante death on night 0?
And whoever doesn't is Mafia? >_>
^this

I was hoping to see what Cashed's response would be. As for your other question, the Vigilante probably thought he was on to something in night 1, as opposed to night 0.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
A nameclaim will help us hone in on the mafia. Any names claimed twice, as well as anybody who refuses to name claim would look suspicious. There are going to be no vanillas in the game. Everyone in Batman has a role. Everyone is going to have SOMETHING.

Now, would more people start posting? Why do you sign up for a game and not play?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Yeah, this isn't the Xsyven, Cashed, and Marc show.

If worse comes to worst, we can just axe Cashed. *rimshot*

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I'd be willing to name claim. And I feel that our activity is akin to last game: town did all the work once the going got tough and mafia just sat back and watched.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
But in the middle of it, you guys did nothing and just let me and marc argue while everyone else sat around and did nothing. I'm not saying that is 100% what's going on here, but I feel a great consistency in the activity of the BRoom in games like these.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Eh... roleclaiming seems to be a double edged sword. Mafia will pick off the most powerful first-- can we afford that?

And it's really easy to lie in a roleclaim.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
That's why we have to trust whatever doctors we have to protect the other power roles.

And it's harder to lie when everyone does it. But since it seems like only four of us are actually alive in this thread, that would be a problem.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The doctors would be the first ones to be night killed. =/

And even if we just posted our character names, that would lead to trouble. If Matunas were still alive and revealed that he was The Riddler, we'd kick him out of here pretty fast.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Is a doctor going to kill a doctor before they kill an investigator? You don't know. Maybe a doctor reads them and protects themselves instead. Mafia isn't a 100% safe game: we're going to have to take a risk at some point. But trying to piece some of the puzzles together is better than having us randomly picked off without any chance of finding things out.

And as for the Riddler: he actually became an investigator later in the Batman franchise. We have to take prudence before we lynch some one.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
A mass nameclaim is extremely risky, and a bad idea. We don't need to put our Batmen and doctors at risk.

However. Because my role is no longer relevant, and I have absolutely no idea what reasoning to go on, I will name claim to promote discussion.

I am Renee Montoya. Batwoman (Ignatius) was my lesbian lover (how's that for "lines I never thought I'd type?"). In game terms, my advantage is to be in Masonry with Iggy. Anyone have a Ouji board?

I don't have any bread crumb trails to follow at the moment.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Every game of mafia I've played has had doctors protect themselves.

*points to RA training at University at Tennessee mafia games*

I think it actually helps mafia because a lot of doctors turn selfish with that rule and only protect themselves, effectively becoming just another townie.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I've played a few games where the doctor announced he was doctor day 1, and every night would announce very loudly that he was protecting himself :p And then he did.

Also, it seems Yeroc always posts that he'll be posting more soon.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I was on my dinner break. I'm home now.

My apologies for my assumption: and hence my disclaimer; Most games I've seen here (including the last one we all played in) had a doctor (bodyguard) role that couldn't protect their own self. It appears that distinction is up to the Mod.

Let me organize my thoughts a moment. I'm not going anywhere.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
A nameclaim will help us hone in on the mafia. Any names claimed twice, as well as anybody who refuses to name claim would look suspicious. There are going to be no vanillas in the game. Everyone in Batman has a role. Everyone is going to have SOMETHING.
On the other hand, it is also possible that some names could be ambiguous or even misleading; there's also the distinct possibility of lying.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I think a nameclaim is a good idea. Yes, the mafia can lie, in fact they will probably have to. But those lies, in a situation like this, where the roles follow the source material, are easy to see through.

I am willing to rolelciam ASAP if we have enough people on board for it. We could really turn this game around.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
What was my question? >_> Why there was no vigilante death on night 0?
Because they had absolutely no information to figure out who to target. They'd want at least some suspicion of who would be mafia, and there's no way they could have had that on night zero.

Also, I support the nameclaim. I'm Firebird. Every night, I can choose to try to roleblock or voteblock one other player, but I only have a fifty percent chance of succeeding.

I'm coming out with this now because there's limited danger to me. With all the power roles in this game, I'm sure the mafia has better targets than me.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Ok, now that I've been able to actually pay some attention to the game today, I think I'm with Xsyven on this one. A name claim can have its advantages, yes. In a game like this, where character roles follow a discernible theme, it allows us insight into what abilities each player has and how they can benefit the town. And hopefully it would shed some light on those who are mafia or independent or whatever.

However, I'm against this idea for two reasons. First, we may well have already lost the best weapon we would have had in making a strategy like this work: our investigators. Really, the cops would have been the best characters to have for this idea, by being able to factcheck suspicious claims. Granted, there's a chance that there's someone out there who has a role with some method of identifying people, but with two investigators dead it's pretty slim.

Second, like Xsyven has said, with this wealth of information comes consequences and potential dangers. The mafia will know everyone's name as well, and be just as likely to discern who has what abilities and plan their strikes accordingly. Although I was just proven wrong about doctors not being able to protect themselves, that would only reintroduce some of the Doc guessing game. And we don't know one way or another what restrictions our Doc has. Furthermore, going by last night's event we have at least 2 heroes to look after. I don't know about you guys, but if I were Batman I'd be pretty reluctant to just come out and say I was. And like Goldshadow says, it's not unlikely that there could be some pretty believable false claims. There are a lot of characters in the Batman universe, even if a lot of them are villains.

That said, I'm still pretty hesitant to reveal myself. I'm pretty sure I'll just end up lynched or dead.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
When Mafia tries to kill a protected Townsie, do they get to try again with another person, or do they not get a kill that night?

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
...I'm still too scared to come out. >_<
I have already guessed who you are. The mafia could have done the same. You might as well come out and say it. Since otherwise you could just be leading us on and the person who really has your role doesn't want to come out because not only would they have to be exposed but they would also have to deal with a counter-claim. And since the person would be too afraid to claim then you don't even have to claim anyways, and just let us keep thinking you are who you want us to think you are.

I would also really like Yeroc to claim. I want everyone to claim, but Yeroc particularly because I also think I know who he is.

Y'all ready for this? You've all been saying that Batman would be afraid to claim. And.... you're right. So I've got to claim for him!

I'm Alfred, and I happen to know that Cashed is the god**** Batman. We don't want to claim himself, due to suspicion that the mafia might be able to kill him if he does.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Thanks Alfred. As was just mentioned, tmw and I are hangin' out. We know there are people who have claimed that are being truthful. We know there are more investigators in the game, and few players without a major role. Those of you who thought you might be targetted, more popularly known as Yeroc and Xsyven, and those of you who simply just haven't gotten around to posting yet, come on out. You will no longer be their bigger target, I will. We need all towns to come forward so we can put our heads together and get stuff done. Investigators that can be proven town will be especially helpful, as we could weed through Tmw and I's most wanted list very quickly. We've been doing pretty well on our own, but obviously the more of you we have helping out, the better. We'll also have greater safety in numbers. Even if you don't think the nameclaim can't help you, it will. Those of you masoned with another player may have been investigated. In that case, you, along with your partner's innocence can be easily proven.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
This certainly became a lot more interesting. I'm guessing Batman and Alfred do more than chatting, care to elaborate? You might not want to give away all of your powers, but is Batman the Vigilante in this game? You say you've been doing well, what did you find?

I'm still hesitant to name claim, even though I'm not very useful at the moment. If everyone (not just a few active players) agrees on the name claiming I'll do it, but we only have 4 out of 11 at the moment and all of them are good guys (or claim to be...).

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
So... are we announcing our roles then? I'm no Mafia game expert, but I fail to see how that is beneficial to town. Though, with the way this game has gone so far, maybe something drastic is all we have.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Oops. Totally spaced that rule. I edited my post because I just copypasta'd my PM. SEE WHAT YOU MAKE ME DO, BATMAN? :mad:

I'm Harvey Bullock-- police. I was in a masonry with Eor until the 0th fateful night, where he got owned. Eor was the main poilceman of the game, but now that he's out of the picture, it's up to me.

What I don't like about my role is that even though my PM says that I'm completely clean (no criminal record), Harvey Bullock does have a twisted past in the comics.

Cashed is the Vigilante. =/ I think they'll keep you around. The reason you wanted a nameclaim was to avoid killing random people.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ohsnap. I read Xsyven's post before he edited it. For the record, I don't see what's bad about copy+pasting the PM. It could be trivially faked.

In fact, I would be suspicious of Marc if Xsyven did turn out to be Mafia. Because if Xsyven's role is a lie and he just typed that PM up to fake us out, then Marc could be seen as helping him out by making it seem more authentic. (by having him post it then delete it)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
3. Scav (Lonely Town Lesbian) - I checked him last night, only to be confirmed by his name claim.
4. AltF4
5. Medi
6. Riciardos
7. Xsyven (Pro-town cop)
8. Yeroc
10. Cashed (Batman - Vigilante) Are you town, or independent?
11. Marc
12. GoldShadow
15. tmw_redcell (Alfred) Alliance with Batman-- town or independent?
16. Virgilijus

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I don't know why I didn't make my name blue. :(

@Alt-- I totally forgot that it was a rule, due to the fact that they can so easily be counterfeited. =/ Hopefully Tom will have mercy, since only 2 people read it.

Both of which haven't nameclaimed yet.

Now I hate this game because everyone knows who I am. :( I feel naked.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd feel naked too, after checking out the town's lonely lesbian last night! ;)

Fine, whatever. I'm just a vanilla townie. But with the way this game has been going, I probably have some secret special super power I just don't know of. I bet I explode when I die. Because that'd be cool.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I would imagine Tom would tell you if anything special would happen to you when you died. Otherwise, it could potentially eliminate an entire suicide type strategy and Tom is all about strategy.

And Alt, I think name claiming is pretty advantageous to town right about now. When the Riddler died I was under the impression that roles were pretty much assigned at random since the Riddler was a bad guy, per se, but Tom listed him as a good guy. But as some one pointed out, the Riddler actually turns into a good guy/PI in the series and helps Batman. With that in mind, I'm under the impression that our roles correlate to our townie/mafia status. If we were just saying affiliation, everyone is going to say they are town because only an idiot would say they are mafia (barring jester, but there's typically only one of those per game). That said, I'm a bit suspicious of you for your post: if you were a vanilla townie it wouldn't hurt you to reveal at all especially since people claiming to be Batman and Bullock and Alfred would undoubtedly be larger targets than you.

And, to avoid being any hypocrite, I'm **** Grayson aka Nightwing aka good guy.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
4. AltF4
5. Medi
6. Riciardos
8. Yeroc
11. Marc
12. GoldShadow

Our options.

I can investigate one, Cashed can kill one, and we can lynch one. This is good. :)

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
5/11 people have name claimed, Marc :p that's a higher percentage than people who actually voted in the first round. At this point, it's best if we all do it.

I don't think Cashed is the Vigilante. First of all, Batman doesn't kill people. Second, y'all are doing pretty well on your own? :( If you're the vigilante, you killed my lesbian lover!

Roles we're missing that presumably exist:

Harvey Dent (my guess: town-aligned traitor, who can be recruited into the Mafia. It's also possible that he's the vigilante, but he only has a 50% chance of killing. Xsyven, this would explain why there was no Vigilante kill night 0.)
Vicki Vale (another investigator)

Obviously we're missing key villains, but we can chase our tails on who's in and who's not for a while. There's probably a Penguin, possibly Ra's and Talia Al Ghul (in masonry, perhaps?), surely there's a Catwoman.

Top Bottom