• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batmafia: A BRoom Game moved to DGames

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I was the vigilante: I had one night kill and had a gut feeling that I was going to get night killed and used it. In what was retrospectively somewhat of a mistake I killed Iggy on a hunch (sorry about that Scav :(). It wasn't founded on much, but I felt if we just sat around and let mafia kill us we would be in worse shape. Actually, it's kind of lucky (relatively) that I got Iggy instead of someone like Xsyven who is an investigator.

Also, I was **** Grayson before Batman apparently saved me and was subsequently granted a night kill and the vigilante role by Tom. I'm thinking I'm not the only one with such stipulations: I'm leaning towards Harvey Dent (if he's in the game) can turn into Two Face under certain circumstances.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Why is everyone assuming people are telling the truth? Xsyven at this point seems extremely trustworthy to me because I saw his PM, but I can't verify anyone else.

I really don't like the power roles being forced to reveal themselves, we only have one Doctor. If the pressure's on I'll reveal myself I guess, but over half the people haven't name claimed yet.

Don't bother checking me btw, I have a criminal record.

EDIT: I assume there's only one at least, it would be pretty broken to have several.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Also, lol @ Marc.

Pointed out that I broke the rules by posting my PM, then editing his latest post.

I saw it before he edited, he just added that note-- its just funny.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I figured it'd be okay if you only added a bit at the end and made clear what was new, but point taken. I also didn't mean to put you in a bad light or something by pointing out you can't post your PM.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I believe the rules only say that you're not allowed to edit posts after 1 hour of them being posted. So you're both good.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Alt: You're right. I wasn't even at fault. ;p

Being a bad kid would fit my role actually.

I don't want to end up lynched for this and my role is useless at the moment, so here it is: Terry McGinnis

I used to be a street thug, but now I'm all good and I'll replace Batman if he dies. I don't know what Batman does (nor who he is), just that I'll become him. I hesitated because this role could be powerful late game and I'm hoping I won't get screwed for revealing myself. As long as Cashed is Batman and he's protected there's no need for me and I'm just a regular townie now.

I'd also like to point out there are a few people who are pretty much inactive and should have priority for investigators and vigilantes. We might even want to lynch one of them.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Personally, I would like to see who Alt claims to be first: he's seen the thread and gave the most vague description of a role claim you could give.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Is it a Dutch trait? Hm...

You beat me to it, I was gonna name Riciardos as the most inactive one.

So Ricardo, you still in or what?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know, Virg. What with all these power-roles being thrown around, saying you're a vanilla townie sure would sound like a bad mafia cover-up to me too.

I'm supposed to be Barbara Gordon. If that helps.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
On night 0 I investigated Virg, who had no record, and on night 1 I investigated Scav, who also didn't have a previous record. This follows true to his name claim, even though it could be a lie, but then is backed by Xsyven's investigation of him. So Scav is town. Xsyven appears to be as well. Bullock not having any powers when Gordon was around would make sense, as you can't have two cops in a masonry together and give them both the ability to investigate. That just wouldn't be balanced. So Eor gets killed, Xsyven is now scared for his life because for all he knows he's the only cop left in the game, so he starts screaming for a doctor to protect him. Subtle Bullock, subtle.

I know some of you were (and still are) unsure about claiming because your character has a past criminal record. Don't forget who I am! One of my powers (and no, I'm sharing them all because those powers play more to the mafia than you guys. Trust me!) is to investigate who is active mafia. I believe investigators do not have this, but feel free to correct me on that if needed, Detective Bullock. That said, people like Marc, who's claim in the end makes sense, but still sounds fishy, can be checked to make sure they are in fact town. Also, by name claiming who you are, we put mafia in a pickle. They either are forced to wait till most other people post in case they pick a character that is still around, or they pick a character that is incredibly minor so that no one else's claim will conflict with theirs. And of course, not all of them are going to swing the same way. Some of them may be posting without name claiming. Some may have claimed an significant name. Some may be lurking the thread waiting to see what happens and then to pop in at the last second to claim.

With all that said:

Vote: Mediocre

I'm sorry, but there isn't even a Batman character named Firebird. I believe if you were being truthful, you would have at least looked at your role PM when you received it and have learned to spell your name correctly. Now, there is Flamebird, so the whole fire-flame thing makes you come off as "Oh I just read my role PM real quick and I'm totally innocent don't send me to Arkham!" but she is so insignificant to the Batman universe that she would not be included in this game. Not only is she insignificant to the Batman universe, but she's just as commonly associated with the Superman universe, so I don't believe for a second that a Batman Mafia game would include a character like Flamebird. In the end it just looks like you wiki'd supporting Batman universe characters and picked one that sounded unimportant to the point that they likely wouldn't be in the game so you wouldn't be claiming a name someone already had. Not only that, but your power claim that "half the time it works" just seems like an excuse that you can't prove it. If we asked you to demonstrate and block some one you could always just say it failed.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
After doing a little research, it seems that Flamebird is kind of like the Robin to...well, old Robin aka me. However, I haven't been informed of any PM that there is a Flamebird in the game, even though her character rides on my coattails. So far we apparently have Batman and Alfred together, Gordon and Bullock together, and Montoya and Batwoman together. Seeing as how Medi's character claim is some what tied to mine, I find it awfully suspicious that I'm not in any mason with her or the like. Throw on the things that Cashed pointed out and Medi is probably as suspicious as you can get.

That said, I am still pretty suspect of Alt as well. So far no one has claimed to be a vanilla townie. No one except Alt, who claimed a character about as important as Bullock or Montoya or Batwoman yet says she has no powers. Not only that, but Barbara Gordon was Batgirl. I sincerely doubt she would have no abilities whatsoever. I would like for Alt to elaborate on these points.

But for the meantime, I will Vote: Medi

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I can only assume that Tom was looking for a role that had abilities that would make for a unique character, and therefore settled on Flamebird. My PM says I can blind people, thereby roleblocking them, and electrocute people, thereby voteblocking them. Looking at the Wiki entry, that makes sense.

As for whether I can actually voteblock/roleblock people or not? Ask Scav.

Night 0 I roleblocked Marshy. Tom told me it worked, so if he had a night ability, it didn't actually take effect. Of course, he's dead, so you can't check with him.

Night 1 I roleblocked Scav. Again, it worked. Scav, if you have a night ability, I'd appreciate it if you acknowledged that it was blocked that night.

Now, I recognize that even if Scav attests to my story, that's not definite proof. I could be a mafioso with roleblocking/voteblocking abilities.

Also, I'm not really sure where you're getting the idea that the character's not related to the Batman universe. The character is certainly nowhere near the biggest name in Gotham City, but according to Wikipedia she was the first Batgirl, before Barbara Gordon. Since then, she's drifted pretty far away from her roots, but from what I can see she's got a stronger connection to Batman than to any other superhero.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Nope, you didn't block my abilities, because I don't have any. My role only granted me masonry.

Yeroc, it would really help at this point if you revealed your role. Same with the others, of course, but I'm curious about yours specifically.

Also: Wow, how many times was I targeted night 1? :p I'm counting at least 3 so far.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Whoops! Sometimes I just forget the silliest things :p

Sorry for killing you in the wee hours of the night, Iggy.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Well, I didn't target you on Night 1, as I'd already targeted you the night before.

I had been very reluctant to reveal myself because of who I am, and the likelihood that I'd be taken for mafia if I were to reveal it. But since this seems to be the consensus of the town, (and added to the fact that there are several more standout roles now than I realized) I guess I'll have to let you all decide what to do with me. I also think I have a pretty useful ability. Also, I've not been told anything about my role being a potential town traitor, so we have no way of knowing if that's the case for sure.

I am, in fact, Harvey Dent. Being a townie vigilante would make sense here, but that's not what I was given. I am instead another investigator of sorts. I have a 50% chance (haha, Two-Face, real funny) of discovering the name of my target.

Given our current course of action, I find this to be of interesting use. Especially in light of the results I got last night. According to my PM, the person I inspected (I'll get to them in a minute, since they seem to be town anyhow) flipped Nightwing, and it wasn't Virg. Can anyone explain this?

So there. I'm Harvey, and as suspicious as it looks that's that. But I hope to be of some use to the town before you all decide to off me, should that be the case.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Well, voting is mandatory so I would probably think about that first. Obviously I am still suspicious of Alt, but since Goldie and Ricky haven't posted anything in a while I am also keeping an eye on them.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I've requested to be replaced. Unfortunately I don't seem to have enough time to play, and it doesn't look like it will change in the near future.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Vote: Medi

For all the reasons Bats outlined, I find him suspicious. And he was giving me bad vibes up to his claim anyway. As for getting the name wrong: you looked your character up on Wikipedia but you don't know that it's Flamebird and not Firebird? Seems more likely to me you looked at the list of batman characters, saw Flamebird as a candidate, looked into her a bit, and decided no one else would claim her and went for it because the nameclaim noose was tightening and if no mafia had claimed before some good guys got in you'd be boned.

Due to non-posting and non-claiming I also have Ric and Goldie on my list and maybe a little Alt. Also even though Scav has a pretty airtight claim and has come up town in investigation I still suspect hi might be a godfather who was ALSO masoned with a town. With a lot of power roles on our side the mafia surely has something pretty big to make up for it. I'd say more but I have an exam early in the morning. Hopefully I can post again before the deadline.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Well, I think that next to me, Marc has the weakest roleclaim. I'm not superconfident with this one, but it seems like the best option at this point.

Vote: Marc

Deadline's coming up tomorrow. Who should I investigate?
If I survive today, I wouldn't mind if you did me. Other people may have different ideas, though.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
For all the reasons Bats outlined, I find him suspicious. And he was giving me bad vibes up to his claim anyway. As for getting the name wrong: you looked your character up on Wikipedia but you don't know that it's Flamebird and not Firebird? Seems more likely to me you looked at the list of batman characters, saw Flamebird as a candidate, looked into her a bit, and decided no one else would claim her and went for it because the nameclaim noose was tightening and if no mafia had claimed before some good guys got in you'd be boned.
I looked up Flamebird's wikipedia entry after I got called out on getting her name wrong, in order to defend myself. I didn't see much point to it before then.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Mediocre: You keep on mentioning Wikipedia and your nameclaim is rather weak, although I'm no Batman expert. I had never heard of the character before. Getting her name wrong is pretty foolish. Your vote for me pretty much appears out of the blue. How is my roleclaim weak? I think ****ing Barbara Gordon should really take priority there. It seems pretty foolish to want to off me now without an investigation whatsoever, considering I could be useful late game.

Time is running low. I feel I have to choose between Riciardos, Alt and Medi, of which the latter two are actually suspicious (Riciardos is just completely inactive). Considering what's going on and his random attack on me, I'm going with Mediocre.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Thanks, Yeroc. I understand why you were hesitant :p

Prime investigation targets:
Marc
Mediocre
Cashed
Redcell

Right now, we should REALLY investigate Cashed or Redcell. I mean, if Redcell has a criminal record, that means we're getting played like crazy.

Mediocre is probably going to die. If he survives this round, we'll have the same questions next round, and since he's always on defense right now, his voting record won't say much. The strongest play appears to be to send him to Arkham.

Also, I'm sorry, Yeroc, but we're going to have to vote you off eventually. The reasoning is pretty obvious :p odds are very good that you can be recruited into the Mafia in some way. That said, if you're really interested in helping/making things interesting, here's my proposed plan:

1) We Arkham Mediocre
2) Yeroc investigates Marc
3) Xsyven investigates Cashed

Cashed and Redcell, y'all do whatever. Keep it secret, keep it safe.
Doctors: Use your best judgement here. Obviously Cashed is a lightning rod.

I'm going to say something that makes me look really, really guilty. We need BOTH Cashed and Xsyven to survive. We're coming up on the deadline, but we can still post until Tom closes the day. We need Cashed to survive in case he's batman, and we need Xsyven to survive to hear his investigation. If they both survive, and Yeroc's investigation "succeeds," we have a LOT of good information to go on, and will probably win this game.

If you're the doctor, it would be best if you revealed yourself. The Mafia can only kill one person, and we have enough information and power roles (Redcell, Cashed, Yeroc, Xsyven, plus other stories that "check out"). The Mafia have at least 2 "must answers" right now - Cashed and Xsyven - as well as Redcell, the Doctor, and myself (judging by the number of times I've been targeted...). They can't answer all of those, so we're guaranteed to get some juicy information once roles are revealed.

So. Vote: Mediocre.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Ok, I know I haven't been posting lately, but that's because I was real busy last week. Sorry guys, I'll be more active from now on.

I'll nameclaim too. I'm Catwoman, but I have no special powers other than being pretty :p.
At first I was suspicious of Scav, but since his name-claim wasn't false, I've lost those suspicions and am pretty sure he is a townie.

Also, Xsyven, I think you should check out Alt. He started out with claiming to be a vanilla townie and later on, when we asked, said he was Barbara Gordon, the wife of Commissioner Gordon. The first thing I see wrong with this is that, why didn't he said he was Barbara the first time, since he has no powers it all, it wouldn't have mattered. Later on he searched for a character too insignificant to be in this game for my taste. The second thing is that although it is pretty farfetched, don't you think that Barbara Gordon, the wife of the Commissioner, would be in a masonry with Commissioner Gordon?

But I know I sound suspicious right now because I haven't posted at all. Just do what you think is best.

And since voting is mandatory now: Vote: AltF4Warrior

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count [6/11 to lynch]
Mediocre (5): Cashed, Virgilijus, tmw_redcell, Marc, Scav,
Marc (1): Mediocre
AltF4 (1): Riciardos
Riciardos (1): Xsyven
Not voting (3): GoldShadow, Yeroc, AltF4

Though we do seem to have a consensus, voting is mandatory now. So although deadline just hit, one more vote will lynch Mediocre, or the majority vote will be lynched when the not voting people vote. Day continues until that happens.

GoldShadow has asked to be replaced, so I PMed Matt.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, snap. Yea. Deadline. How about that.

Once again, I manage to look really suspicious. I get that. I'm kind of suspicious of myself! I have a feeling that there won't be any true "vanilla townies" in this game. So that would mean that I have something I don't know about yet. Makes me wonder.

I'm also highly suspicious of Mediocre. His roleclaim didn't go so well, and it wasn't a particularly convincing list of actions anyway.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
No, you just ended the day, something I was considering doing, but you beat me to it. Medi seemed the likeliest candidate anyhow, no matter how I look at it. I really can't expand on the reasons our 'heroes' (lol, I don't know what else to call them) have given, and I had little else to go on. I didn't agree with this course of action, but it does seem like it's at least caught one mafia. We'll see how the next couple days go.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
lol

Vote Count [6/11 to lynch]
Mediocre (6): Cashed, Virgilijus, tmw_redcell, Marc, Scav, AltF4
Marc (1): Mediocre
AltF4 (1): Riciardos
Riciardos (1): Xsyven
Not voting (2): GoldShadow, Yeroc

---

Deep in a warehouse out by Gotham Docks, a shadowed figure can be seen mixing chemicals. His hysterical laughter echoes throughout the empty makeshift laboratory.

Suddenly, there is a crash from the windows above him. A dark figure falls through the glass and lands in front of him... Nightwing.

"Boo."

The cloaked figure panics takes a step back in surprise, throwing the chemicals into the air. The acids collide in midair and ignite in liquid flame, which falls on the villain and kindles further. The man is running around, flailing his arms, and burning to death. He runs in a circle, and as he is about to finish, he meets a backfist in his path and falls onto the ground. Batman throws a bucket of water on the now burnt Scarecrow.

"Time to go, Crane."

Mediocre, Dr. Jonathan Crane, The Scarecrow (mafia roleblocker), has been sent to Arkham Asylum.

Day 2 ends. Since activity is so high, I'm going to go out on a limb and ask that all night actions be in by Saturday, Noon EST, so 24 hours from now, though I won't penalize if any group or individual wants to think longer than that.

For all intents and purposes, Mediocre is currently out of the game. So no talking or posting information :D

Matt

Banned via Administration
Bumblebee tuna, guys! I don't know who I am yet, but I'll be joining you soon. Regardless of my role, expect terrible jokes to accompany each of my posts... STARTING NOW!

I heard that Xsyven tried to make "pen!s" his password on Smashboards, but the server had an error: NOT LONG ENOUGH

HAH!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET :mad:
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU FLY A PLANE IN THE ALPS :mad:

hahaha silly television

night roles are coming in nicely, just waiting on a pretty important one ;)

also, Matt can't play. :( Next in line is KevinM, so I'll be contacting him now.

Top Bottom