• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batmafia: A BRoom Game moved to DGames

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
As you can all see, this is another game that was moved from the BRoom to DGames about a year after completion and after being pruned of personal, non-mafia information. It has also been edited for spoilers, in case you are awesome and practice your scumhunting by reading the thread with no spoilers.

Welcome to Broomer Mafia 2, themed to be Batman Mafia. The deadlines will be 6 real life days for a day and 1 real life day for a night, each cycle being a rounded week. There will be no deadline extensions unless a great majority requests them. If you become inactive, please please be nice enough to say that so we can replace you and keep the game healthy. There are a million more reasons to play Mafia than not to play it, and there are no hard feelings for dropping out of the game.

The following three links are the normal reading for newcomers, so that you can understand what to expect.

Flash Tutorial: http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikeburnfire/mafiascum04.swf
Newbie Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Newbie_Guide
Basic Role Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Roles

Rules:
1. All votes must be formatted as follows, Vote: Tom, and must be bolded. Any vote that is not properly formatted will not be counted. To vote for someone else, you must also Unvote. When unvoting, you do not have to specify your target. A proper new vote would be, Unvote Vote: Eor.

2. You are absolutely not allowed to edit posts after they have been made for 1 hour. This is for proofreading purposes only.

3. Unless your role specifically states that you are able, you are not allowed to talk about this game outside of this thread. If you are caught breaking this rule, you will be immediately replaced without warning. Please remember that if you are allowed to communicate with other players, I have requested those transcripts. This is to help the game run smoothly... but also to keep me entertained. ;)

4. No quoting PMs from me. Even if the PM is fake, you should not quote anything from the GM. You can state in your own words what your PM said. You will get modkilled for this.

5. Take the game seriously, and be active. If I feel that you are doing nothing but disrupting the game, then I reserve the right to replace you. This is the purposefully ambiguous mod-powers rule and I do not look forward to any situation where I would have to flex this muscle. But I will take out the gun if you're being dumb. Remember that purposefully ruining a Decisive Game is a suspensionable or bannable offense... but since you're a Broomer, I'll just hate you forever if you ruin it. If you need to be replaced, just please ask to be, thats no problem at all. There are hundreds of reasons to leave a mafia game, and they are all acceptable.

6. A lynch occurs when a majority of the players able to vote, vote for a single player. At that time, the person is lynched and any vote changes after that will not be counted. The game then moves into the twilight period, during which players may still post, except the person who was just lynched. Until I post the lynch scene the game is in twilight. After I post the lynch scene the game moves on to night and NO POSTING IS ALLOWED! If you have a question please PM me. Don't post. There is no need to. Even the person who just died needs to wait until the next morning to post their "Bah humbug, go town/mafia!" post (which for those of you who don't know may not contain any info relating to the game). Only after I post stating the new day has begun, can players begin to post again. If you have died, you are only allowed a "bah humbug, go town/mafia!" post. Do not complain about your death or say "told you so" or talk about anything related to game specifics. Since this is the BRoom, you will be given slack, but please do not communicate anything game related.

7. I reserve the right to place deadlines on lynches, night role choices, etc. I will extend, shorten or lift these deadlines as I see fit. All deadlines will be placed in an effort to speed up the game should it become lethargic. If not specifically stated otherwise, when a deadline is reached, a plurality will be considered a majority and the one with the most votes will be lynched.

8. Each game day will be approx. 6 real life days. Deadline extensions may be placed if there is a majority request for it.

9. A plurality will count as a majority at deadline. If there is a tie, there will be a no-lynch.

Win Conditions for the Mafia: If you are mafia aligned, you win when you control a majority or a stalemate.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Game Mechanics:

Welcome to Gotham City! The following rules are some of what sets Batmafia apart from regular Mafia:

1.) When you vote someone, you are not voting to lynch them. Instead, you are voting to send them to Arkham Asylum! When someone is sent to this safe ward, their identity and alignment will be revealed. They cannot post anymore, and they no longer have any bearing on the town; so they are basically out of the game. But who knows, they aren't dead... maybe they aren't gone forever. They will not be given any outside information about the game, because there is a chance that they might be brought back into play. However, if someone is killed during the night, they are dead for good.

2.) Many citizens of Gotham City have criminal records. When a cop investigates someone, they discover if that person has a criminal record or not. The odds are that they have caught an active member of the mafia, but there is always the chance that they have investigated someone who is a currently law-abiding citizen, but has a shady past. Take this into consideration when sending someone to Arkham, but take solace in that when they are sent away to the happy place, you will be told if they were part of the mafia or not.

3.) Finally, Batmafia will start in Night Phase 1. The next day phase will be Day 1. Please remember that Night comes before Day in Gotham when calling something Night #x, Day #x. Night 1, Day 1, Night 2, Day 2, Night 3, Day 3, etc. Sadly, this does mean that one of our players will not get to play at all.

4.) There is a jester in this game who is independent and whose goal it is to be lynched. If this player wins, that does not end the game. If this player is killed during the night or in any fashion other than being lynched (sent to Arkham), then they do not win.

5.) To be sure that you all read the rules, I am going to request that you say "bumble-stump" in game, so I know you saw this. I will not count your vote until you do. Dont tell anyone about this!

Sign-ups:
1. Scav
2. Evil Eye
3. AltF4
4. Mediocre
5. Eor
6. Marshy
7. Xsyven
8. Riciardos (replacing Crimson King)
9. Ignatius
10. Matunas
11. Yeroc
12. Marc
13. tmw_redcell
14. Cashed
15. KevinM (replacing GoldShadow)
16. Virgilijus

Survived to Endgame:
1. Scav
3. AltF4
8. Ridiardos (replacing CK)
7. Xsyven
15. KevinM (replacing GoldShadow)
16. Virgilijus

Lynched:
X. EE, Harley Quinn (Independent Jester), lynched Day 1.
X. Mediocre, Dr. Jonathan Crane the Scarecrow (mafia roleblocker), lynched Day 1.
X. Yeroc, Harvey Dent, Two-face (mafia stalker), lynched Day 4.

Dead:
X. Eor, Commissioner James Gordon (town aligned cop), killed Night 0.
X. Marshy, Tim Drake the Boy Wonder (multi-powered hero), killed Day 1 in Event: Jailbreak!.
X. Matunas, The Riddler (reformed independent investigator), killed Night 1.
X. Ignatius, Batwoman (mason partner), killed Night 1.
X. tmw_redcell, Dick Grayson, Nightwing (multi-powered hero), killed Night 2.
X. Marc, Pamela Lillian Isley, Poison Ivy (mafia recruiter, lover aligned) committed suicide Day 3.
X. Cashed, Alfred Pennyworth (mason hero, lover aligned) committed suicide Day 3.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Totally. School is winding down for the semester, so with the exception of finals I should be able to participate significantly more.

Also, I think I'll know what I'm doing more. :)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'm into it, but I dunno how active I'll be within the next two week (Thanksgiving I got a ton to catch up on, and finals, follow that), but yeah. I'm down.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Dibs! >_>

Our theme should actually be SWF. PRoomers can be mafia, BRoomers can be town, mods can be cops, etc.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'll play. I might need to read a wiki or something though, not totally sure on how some of this works.

SWF theme? :( How about something creative.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Lets pick a story from Creative Minds and use the characters from that.

Hmm, we might have to draw lots to see who has to read it...

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'll play, unless there are objections.

I'll really have to keep track of the time zones. ><

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I don't wanna play with any of those themes.

I will however accept:

-Lost
-Famous Dogs
-Bear ****
-Assassinated Presidents (and Presidents that Should have been Assassinated)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Whatever the theme be, if you're inactive, let's say you get booted from the BRoom for a month. ;)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I have 13 signed up right now, and for the sake of the health of the game I'm going to cap it right there. Its a good odd number.

If more people want to play, I absolutely encourage you to sign up to be a replacement. :) I will probably need to call on one or two throughout the game.

I'm going to come up with a theme tonight and I'll pass out the new roles tomorrow. There are a few reasons why I don't really want to do an SWF mafia, but mainly because it could be confusing to say "Scav, (Hiemie, the cultist) has died a bloody death" or give out reports like "You followed Xsyven (Tom) throughout the night. He drank alcoholic milk and then spent some time with Marshigio (Eor) before killing Marc (Matunas)." =)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Since you goons are naming tv shows, I'll throw BSG out there. It's too bad more of you don't watch the show, because it would work almost too well.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
We could do Lovecraft... I'd seriously play the entire game with an erection.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Okay, I've decided to do a Batman themed mafia for you guys that has been cooking up in my head for a few months now. I'm going to need 16 players. I promise that this game will be very, very fun.

edit; i signed Eor up because he deserves it.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Wonderful, I didn't know if you were going to sign up.

I will send out roles tonight/tomorrow, and the game will start once everyone has gotten their roles and understands the rules.

This game is going to be slightly different than Mafia, but it should be simple enough to understand the differences soon.

I am still taking replacements!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I don't remember signing up for this >: (

Yeah I'll confirm that I'll join

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
All role PMs have been sent out and once I have put the rules up for everyone to read and everyone has gotten a clear understanding of their role, we will begin play.

Please PM me if you didn't get a message entitled 'Batmafia Role PM' containing your role, or if you have any questions regarding your role or abilities.

edit: The Rules are all up. Please read them.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I don't get what bumble-stump is suppose to be a reference to

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Eor may just not be too into Batman, could be why he doesn't get the bumble-stump reference. I'm too lazy to look up a comic scan for him though.

Top Bottom