• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Still of the opinion that the last two are Hayabusa and Doom Slayer. Think Doom Slayer in particular will drum up a HELL of a lot of hype. Everyone wants him but no one thinks he'll happen. Would it be ad hype as Banjo? Nahhh. Especially not for the Hardcore Smash fans but for people outside of the Smash fanbase I think it could do a lot for them.
Bethesda practically leaked that they met with Nintendo about Smash. Sakurai has expressed interest about Doom and knows of its importance. Dooms composer had been working on a secret game and nobody knows about it (same EXACT theory panned out with Banjo). I think he, in the least, is one of the remaining 2.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think one of the last two are going to be a popular pick but ALSO outta left field still. For some reason I still can't shake the idea of Scorpion coming.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Still thinking they may sneak in at least one first-party somewhere.

The Rare spirits already datamined. Forgot what they were but I think they were from Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini?
Bingo. Aside from those, there could also be a few ones from other Rare games, if it's looking to be a company-wide deal.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Still thinking they may sneak in at least one first-party somewhere.
In the FP? I hiiiighly doubt that. In post-FP DLC? Possibly... probably even.

Bingo. Aside from those, there could also be a few ones from other Rare games, if it's looking to be a company-wide deal.
Yeah, based on the reveal and comments from the parties involved, this feels like a Rare pack instead of a "just B-K pack", unlike Joker/Persona and "Hero"/DQ, neither of which I felt "Sega/Atlus" or "Square" from them (aside from the mii costumes that have returned and I don't really count those).

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
My money on Waluigi as the last fighter.
But now we don't have any clue about leaks and such, right?

Last edited:

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
My money on Waluigi as the last fighter.
But now we don't have any clue about leaks and such, right?
Honestly I think the entire Fighter Pass is going to be third party. But even then whether it's first or third party... who is going to top B-K? I can't think of anyone.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Here's how Sony's reaction would be if they attended E3.

Sony: Well, another conference done. Looks like we're on top

Nintendo: *Direct reaching it's end, starts next Smash newcomer reveal*

Sony: Oh, another anime sword boy none of their fans like? Good, we can still wi-

Nintendo: *Banjo-Kazooie are Raring to Go!*

Sony: ... You gotta be kidding me?!

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Still of the opinion that the last two are Hayabusa and Doom Slayer. Think Doom Slayer in particular will drum up a HELL of a lot of hype. Everyone wants him but no one thinks he'll happen. Would it be ad hype as Banjo? Nahhh. Especially not for the Hardcore Smash fans but for people outside of the Smash fanbase I think it could do a lot for them.
Honestly despite the leaks of DQ character in the game, I thought the first trailer in E3 was actually Doomguy until I saw the horse. I was totally expecting to have Link get defeated and then hear "They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you, you will be worse. Rip & Tear until it is done!"

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you but if you're asking to be put in the thank you letter, here's a link for you to do just that.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfUudEJdQQ2XghCTN3Myv7tP-FDJJG-ISYIkYwAgrZjmACNUA/viewform

Edit: I'm going through the list who've signed this and the amount of people....is absolutely amazing.
When do we send the letter?

sigh.

This is funny, but I really wish people would treat 4chan Steve as an imposter, and start putting real Steve with Banjo, Kazooie and "Hero."
I have seen a video of that gif.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Did you folks watch the Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair gameplay on Treehouse live? I am absolutely adoring the DKC/Zelda lite mix up they have going on here. One of the best things about DKC3 was its amazing world map. To see the adventure element of the world map expanded upon like a top-down Zelda game, it is such a smart idea. The 2D sections also looked pretty good. It probably won't be on the same level as Retro's DKC, but it still looks great for an indie game. There was a glitch so it wasn't all perfect. Hopefully, they'll iron this out better than their last game. I still have tremendous faith in this team.

Bethesda practically leaked that they met with Nintendo about Smash. Sakurai has expressed interest about Doom and knows of its importance. Dooms composer had been working on a secret game and nobody knows about it (same EXACT theory panned out with Banjo). I think he, in the least, is one of the remaining 2.
Not only would I want Doom Guy because of my love of the series, but he would also destroy the notion that 3rd party characters have to be popular in Japan to get in. I'm sure that's a factor Sakurai considers, but it's still not a dead set rule either.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Honestly I think the entire Fighter Pass is going to be third party. But even then whether it's first or third party... who is going to top B-K? I can't think of anyone.
Geno for me (and most the people over on the nearly-1000-page-Geno-thread), but only barely. B-K was my #2 pick and just barely behind Geno.
Edit: An indie character would be pretty huge too, especially if it's like SK (despite being an assist trophy), an Undertale rep, Quote, etc. While it might not be a more popular/hype pick, it'll open the floodgates for indies (which are currently slightly ajar, but still barred closed with SK being an assist trophy).
Also for the internet, Waluigi would be pretty big, especially if he's announced alongside his own official title that finally gives him more character development.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So what are your predictions guys on who the 2 remaining Season Pass fighters are? My predictions are Porky Minch and Lloyd Irving.

Now that Banjo and Kazooie are officially in, I'm starting to get a little antsy. Other than Dixie Kong and classic Ganon, there are no other characters I'm really invested in, and I doubt the last two Fighter Pass characters will be first-party.

I'm still looking forward to actually playing as Banjo, but as a certain lasagna cat once said, it's not the having, it's the getting. Someone save me from being like this.
Yess me tooooo i only want Dixie Kong now...maybe Rayman and Crash...thats about it!
Now that K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie are in all the characters I want left are Goemon, Krystal, Dixie Kong, Porky Minch, and Pig Ganon than I'm done with asking for characters forever. But after seeing those 3 get in, I'm satisfied with game now regardless if I don't get anybody else I really want.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
The battle for the last two slots will be a bloodbath, that's for sure. But I'm so happy and relieved that the relentless back-and-forth for the Square rep and the Microsoft rep is finally over.

I wouldn't rule out another Square or Microsoft character entirely, like Master Chief, Sora, Geno, Steve, etc., but their chances definitely went down a lot after Hero and Banjo-Kazooie.

I'm partial to the Mii costume theory, meaning the last two reps would be from Capcom and Namco. I think a Resident Evil character is pretty possible for Capcom, but there are also Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright, and I'm sure others. As for Namco, I think the two clear frontrunners are Lloyd from Tales, and Heihachi from Tekken. I'd be surprised if we got a Namco rep that wasn't those two.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm a little hurt by the fact you said a sizable portion of Banjo fans are sore winners. Maybe outside of this thread, but definitely not in here. Sure, one or two have insisted on bringing up Steve after the direct, but they've been told to chill by everyone else. An extremely overwhelming amount of us are very nice, dislike the faux-feud that's been going on and only want to see everyone get along and enjoy this masterpiece of a game together.
I have seen a few people in this thread bash Dragon Quest and there was a thread started yesterday about laughing at Minecraft fans/Banjo detractors who were wrong (though it ended up being closed). I am mostly talking about those outside this site. The thing is that Banjo-Kazooie fans won, so there is no need to be bitter about a flame war that did not even last a year. Also, by being petty, you end up proving to the Steve fans (a lot of whom are just teens which explains the immaturity with a lot of them) that Banjo-Kazooie fans are manchildren.

It was a profound miracle that Banjo-Kazooie even got selected, especially with Nintendo deciding the slots. Their place could have easily gone to Steve (the Minecraft Switch port is usually within the Top 5 best selling games each week in Japan, and overall is the 6th highest sold Switch title), or even Master Chief.

Banjo-Kazooie making it in was once again Sakurai and his team making the impossible possible.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
I am so content with Smash right now, Banjo-Kazooie was my Ballot vote and the character I was always wishing for, but I lost hope around Brawl... So this is... just amazing. The only other character that could complete the Roster for me is Skull Kid, but honestly I don't mind anymore who joins and who doesn't. I honestly love the DQ heroes too. I love Akira Toriyama's art style so Nintendo made me one happy customer this E3 (and Zelda BotW sequel.. WHAT!! And also, September is gonna drain me of all my money)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
For me I've always had 2 characters tied for my most wanted. One was Banjo and the other is Isaac. Now that Banjo is in I'm hoping Sakurai makes another miracle addition and gives Isaac his due. I still expect the pass to be third party only but an AT promotion would certainly be unexpected and change one of the most hated things in Smash.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The two characters I think will be a Capcom character and a character from a new Japanese third party. Konami and Square Enix already have new characters in Ultimate. I don't expect Bandai Namco to have a character, as we've only had one character in two games, and they help make the game. It's also difficult thinking of a big, realistic Bandai Namco character (I'd love Agumon).

Capcom does, but they're an echo, so I think they'll get one unique character. My realistic guess would be Dante and Ryu Hayabusa. Alternatively, if we could get another Western third party, I'd love Crash from Activision. Would be the ideal mascot character, newly relevant with the N-Sane trilogy. I have doubts we'll get another Western third party, though.

However, with Banjo & Kazooie in, I'm set. I can sit back with my popcorn and enjoy watching the speculation. :grin:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
FFBA29B5-0189-4B1B-B0C0-3FE6BD6C30EE.jpeg

Me and the Boys in Smash Ultimate. This is the exact vibe I got when he was revealed and DK, Diddy, and K. Rool were smiling. Credit for the meme goes to Maltierrez on FB. But the meme is fitting nonetheless. :laugh:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I agree, I don't think anyone else (Plausible) can top Banjo-Kazooie. Though Master Chief doesn't seem too insane now with Microsoft on board, But I don't think Microsoft is ready to do that just yet with their flagship franchise, But who knows?

I honestly think Crash Bandicoot is the next biggest name that can make an impact on the internet and is one of the few western characters that has appeal and popularity for east and western audiences, Obviously Sony wouldn't play ball with Nintendo like Microsoft would with lending a 1st Party Character, But Crash Bandicoot is the closest thing to an official Playstation character (Under Activision) since he was the defacto mascot for the brand in the late 90's and had a somewhat similar rivalry to Mario like Sonic and it's reassuring that Banjo-Kazooie broke down the barrier for western 3rd Party Characters to make it seem more likely.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What if they went all in and made sunglasses Banjo/Kazooie an alt?
I would be using that alt all the time when I would be playing as them because you know... The swag.

I hope Banjo gets a crap ton of music

The songs are basically all great
I'm so looking forward to that. I hope there is a Hailfire Peaks, Witchy World, and Jolly Roger's Lagoon remixs.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
It still kinda doesn’t feel real

Banjo was one of those omnipresent characters in speculation. And he was also sort of an eternal pipe dream, doomed to never ever get in

It’s so cool that he’s here

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

What I'm looking forward to is fighting to a remix of the Grunty Battle theme. Imagine how good that would sound!
I would be using that alt all the time when I would be playing as them because you know... The swag.

I'm so looking forward to that. I hope there is a Hailfire Peaks, Witchy World, and Jolly Roger's Lagoon remixs.
Imagine if Banjo's style gimmick (like Joker's win transition through his Final Smash and the change in color) is that if you pause the game when someone is playing as Banjo at Spiral Mountain, this begins playing:

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I am almost positive the last two slots are going to be either Doom Guy, Phoenix Wright, Crash Bandicoot, or Geno.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I actually have no need for him in Smash but I also wouldn't mind him either :)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Nintendo: Alright, now let's discuss the music we could license.
Phil Spencer: Take 'em all.

My unrealistic hopes. Given Banjo-Kazooie was the first DLC title to show up in the music section (I think?), and how much the music is ingrained into the concept of the series, it'd be awesome for them to go all out. But just getting a Grant Kirkhope re-mix of Spiral Mountain already surpassed my expectations. Can't wait to see what gets in, and I'd love to hear how Nintendo's composers interpret my childhood soundtrack.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I support the idea of Lloyd repping the Tales of series. Mostly because it'd also fall in line with Tales of Arise coming out in the future, so Smashers get their golden pick (Yuri is the most popular, but again. You think Tales? You think Lloyd for the most part. Kinda like Cloud for FF,) and it advertises the new game.

Also, I give to you, if Bandai-Namco got a rep for the Tales series (to me, it's part of the holy trinity of JRPGs with Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy), arguably one of the greatest songs the series has ever seen. IN SMASH.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
If you think about it, Smash commonly runs into the problem of fizzled out finales (not BAD reveals, just......lackluster compared to the start and middle).

They may be Smash icons now, and Earthbound is one of my favorite games, but I'm not going to fault people being confused or even annoyed that the end roster of Smash 64 was Ness, Falcon and Jigglypuff over more expected characters like Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Dedede, Charizard or Diddy.

With Melee, you start with Peach, Bowser, Zelda, later Falco, Mewtwo, Ganondorf and Marth but end at Roy and Game and Watch?

Brawl fills in the required missing spots with MetaKnight, Dedede, Wario, gains snaks of all people, later Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy and SONIC, only to wrap it up with Toon Link, Wolf and ROB.

Smash 4 ended with a better group with Duck Hunt, Shulk and Bowser Jr, but they really don't compare to Megaman, Villager, Pacman.

Even 4's DLC fell into this. Popular veterans, Ryu and CLOUD. Then.......Bayonetta and Corrin......

Ultimate too with Ken/Incineroar.

So Smash is no stranger to this hype train hiccup. Right now Banjo is Cloud level. While fighters 4 and 5 are going to have extreme hype pressure on them, 4 will be more excused. 5, on the other hand, will be under crazy scrutiny, and if smash follows its patterns, 5 won't meet the hype.
Honestly, I think Smash Ultimate just peaked with this new batch of DLC

Dragon Quest for the Japanese audience
Banjo-Kazooie for the Western audience

The sheer hype surrounding Banjo's reveal is only matched by King K. Rool's (fitting their trailers are companion pieces). People were screaming, ripping their shirts off, breaking their chairs, yelling their heads off, and jumping for joy; and despite Banjo appealing mostly to the west this reaction to his arrival was universal. I've seen reactions from Japan of people crying and leaping out of their seats; and Banjo trended HIGHER in Japan than DRAGON QUEST

My point is... there will NEVER be a reveal like this ever again. I don't think even Geno himself could replicate this reaction. Which begs the question who ELSE could potentially be added that could come close to that level of reception?

The only two I can think of is maybe Undertale and Crash Bandicoot; two western series that were surprising hits in Japan and are beloved worldwide. Otherwise... I don't think any other character could reach the same peak

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Phil's comment on how this was an easy deal, gives me hope they went ham on the music selection.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this'll upset anyone but when Banjo & Kazooie gets released I'm going to have FFA match between Mario, Sonic, Cloud, and Banjo-Kazooie; to represent Nintendo, Sega, Playstation, and Xbox. I will have a Console Wars battle!

Top Bottom