• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
And from my part there’s also the fact that I got one of my two most wanted picks in the form of Eight.

Only Crash would be left, and he thankfully seems highly likely.
I would be pumped if that were to happen, Now that Banjo-Kazooie is confirmed my next most wanted 3rd Party Character newcomer has gotta be Crash Bandicoot and it's reassuring that Banjo-Kazooie broke down the barrier for 3rd Party western characters.

I grew up with the N64 ,But outside of my Nintendo bubble the console I probably had the next most nostalgia for would probably be the original Playstation and that would be because of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon since Platformers are my favorite genre (2D & 3D) and I love wacky, cartoony animal mascots too, But I played my decent share of Crash & Spyro at friends houses growing up.

It's still a shame Crash Bandicoot never made it in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, But they can more than make up for it by putting him into Super Smash Bros.

Nintendo, Activision, Make it happen !!!

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
And from my part there’s also the fact that I got one of my two most wanted picks in the form of Eight.

Only Crash would be left, and he thankfully seems highly likely.
My money's on Crash being one of the remaining DLC fighters left.

By the way Banjo fam, I haven't looked into the Ultra Retron but would one of these be worth picking up in the future?

ultra-retron.jpg

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The bad news is that is completely inevitable. Everyone is vying for their character(s) to make it in and with only two spots remaining of the Fighter Pass that we don't know whether or not they'll add more Fighter Passes in the future or not. So right now this is the endgame and people will be fighting tooth and nail to get their characters in, so there'll inevitably be a lot of fighting and arguments among the Smash fanbase. The good news though is WE don't have a damn thing to worry about because our beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies are back and finally in SMASH!!!! I know its gonna be a torturous wait waiting for them to be available in the game, but after waiting ten to twenty years, I can wait just a little longer. I know they'll be worth it. And I hope the Fighter Pass has characters remaining who will garner the same hype reactions and fanbase delight that we received. I don't know whether or not that'll happen, given past trends of the hype machines coming out early and most of the rest of the recipients kinda turning out to be duds (Corrin & Bayonetta for Sm4sh and Ken and Incineroar for base Ultimate), but I want everyone to have the same feeling of satisfaction that us Banjo-Roos received!
If you think about it, Smash commonly runs into the problem of fizzled out finales (not BAD reveals, just......lackluster compared to the start and middle).

They may be Smash icons now, and Earthbound is one of my favorite games, but I'm not going to fault people being confused or even annoyed that the end roster of Smash 64 was Ness, Falcon and Jigglypuff over more expected characters like Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Dedede, Charizard or Diddy.

With Melee, you start with Peach, Bowser, Zelda, later Falco, Mewtwo, Ganondorf and Marth but end at Roy and Game and Watch?

Brawl fills in the required missing spots with MetaKnight, Dedede, Wario, gains snaks of all people, later Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy and SONIC, only to wrap it up with Toon Link, Wolf and ROB.

Smash 4 ended with a better group with Duck Hunt, Shulk and Bowser Jr, but they really don't compare to Megaman, Villager, Pacman.

Even 4's DLC fell into this. Popular veterans, Ryu and CLOUD. Then.......Bayonetta and Corrin......

Ultimate too with Ken/Incineroar.

So Smash is no stranger to this hype train hiccup. Right now Banjo is Cloud level. While fighters 4 and 5 are going to have extreme hype pressure on them, 4 will be more excused. 5, on the other hand, will be under crazy scrutiny, and if smash follows its patterns, 5 won't meet the hype.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I don't expect the last 2 fighters pass character to excite me by even a fraction as Banjo and Kazooie did, but at least having them in the roster already softens that blow by a gigantic amount lol.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
I hope they reveal 4 and 5 together. The community will get vicious fighting over ONE slot. In that sort of situation very few people end up happy with the final character, even if it's Waluigi.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I hope they reveal 4 and 5 together. The community will get vicious fighting over ONE slot. In that sort of situation very few people end up happy with the final character, even if it's Waluigi.
The community must fight to the DEATH for the final roster slot !!!

Survival:

Don't pull back any punches !!!

No Holds barred !!!

Anything goes !!!

Last one standing wins !!!

LMatt

Smash Rookie
I'm still in awe. I don't think i'll ever forget that moment. Once I saw DK opening his mouth I knew it was time to meet our lovable duo back. I started laughing and crying at the same time... and when I saw the design I lost it. My boyfriend who was next to me said "awww kiss me" and I didn't even notice him LMFAO.
"Awww, kiss me!"
"Shut up, I want to hear my soul mate say GUH-HUH!"

I don't expect the last 2 fighters pass character to excite me by even a fraction as Banjo and Kazooie did, but at least having them in the roster already softens that blow by a gigantic amount lol.
I'm sure no other character will excite me as much as Banjo and Kazooie! With them in, Smash feels complete to me, everything else is just a bonus. Really, Goomba and Paragoomba could be the next fighters and I'd welcome them with open arms. That's the power of the mighty Jiggywiggy :laugh:

That being said, we all still have characters we'd like to see join the fight in one way or the other. For me, I hope it's Crash, Sora or Leon. The other characters I'd like whose franchises are not yet in Smash I don't believe are likely, which would be Rayman, Spyro and Conker.

It's my birthday today!
Happy Birthday!

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
If the final 2 characters continue the trend of being 3rd party (though to be honest I don't even see 3rd party when it comes to B-K) I'd like to see Spyro and a Monster Hunter.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I know it is unlikely, but Waluigi would be my most wanted!

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
The only way they can come close to topping Banjo Kazooie is if they got a Sony character... A First Party Sony character. Not PlayStation debuted but actual exclusive character from Sony.

So here's the question. Hypothetically, which First Party PlayStation character do you think Nintendo would pick for Smash DLC?
Not Crash Bandicoot or Spyro.
Characters like Kratos, Sly Cooper (Racoon), Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank, etc.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
"Awww, kiss me!"
"Shut up, I want to hear my soul mate say GUH-HUH!"

I'm sure no other character will excite me as much as Banjo and Kazooie! With them in, Smash feels complete to me, everything else is just a bonus. Really, Goomba and Paragoomba could be the next fighters and I'd welcome them with open arms. That's the power of the mighty Jiggywiggy :laugh:

That being said, we all still have characters we'd like to see join the fight in one way or the other. For me, I hope it's Crash, Sora or Leon. The other characters I'd like whose franchises are not yet in Smash I don't believe are likely, which would be Rayman, Spyro and Conker.

Happy Birthday!

Thank you!

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Finished them both just a day or so before the first day of E3 this year. Was planning on booting up N&B after I get home from work in about an hour but I'm scared to. Anxious to check it out but I don't want to be exposed to something so many people despise. I have yet to see Banjo-Kazooie in any kind of negative light but the things I've heard.....lol
Nuts & Bolts isn't a terrible game. It's fine. It's just not really a Banjo-Kazooie game.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
There is literally not a character in the world that could excite me as much as Banjo and Kazooie did. I'm still on an excitement high and probably will be far into the character's release date!

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
There is literally not a character in the world that could excite me as much as Banjo and Kazooie did. I'm still on an excitement high and probably will be far into the character's release date!
The only character that would excite me even more than Banjo & Kazooie is Geno but honestly, even if Geno doesn't get in (I don't believe in the spirit = disconfirmed theory) I am already great and flying high. Geno would simply be like the cherry that completes the sundae for me. Without the cherry, it's still a delicious sundae worth every penny.

Outside of Geno, there are simply bonus characters of mine I'd like to see but don't come close to Geno nor Banjo & Kazooie and don't have any say on whether the game's roster is ultimate or garbage. Spoilers, it's ultimate already.

It's my birthday today!
I somehow missed this earlier, happy birthday!

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Is it weird that I'm actually excited to see all of the new Banjo Kazooie fan art that is going to be coming through, regardless of the nature? I'm not into the furry fandom (but have no problem if you are, I respect anyone's interests as long as it isn't doing anyone any harm) so I'm not particularly interested in that, but just seeing our Bear and Bird out there again is a great sight to behold.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
The only character that would excite me even more than Banjo & Kazooie is Geno but honestly, even if Geno doesn't get in (I don't believe in the spirit = disconfirmed theory) I am already great and flying high. Geno would simply be like the cherry that completes the sundae for me. Without the cherry, it's still a delicious sundae worth every penny.
I know a lot of fans of older characters tend to overlap in their character choices and while I personally don't love Geno (I like him, SMRPG was really fun too!), I would very much like him to make it in as well. My fingers are crossed for Geno fans that he makes it in!

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm thinking it's possible. Banjo & Kazooie releases in the fall, and I suspect the next one would be shown after that. Depending on if it's early fall (pls pls pls) or late fall, doesn't leave much time to reveal the next two, spread out.

If together, perhaps in the Fall Direct or a dedicated Smash Direct (released Holiday and February). If separate, in the Fall/Smash Direct (released holiday) and the Game Awards (released February or shadow dropped) makes sense.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Is it weird that I'm actually excited to see all of the new Banjo Kazooie fan art that is going to be coming through, regardless of the nature? I'm not into the furry fandom (but have no problem if you are, I respect anyone's interests as long as it isn't doing anyone any harm) so I'm not particularly interested in that, but just seeing our Bear and Bird out there again is a great sight to behold.
Oh that's for sure. Especially considering that none of the doom and gloom fan art will need to be brought up anymore. Seeing the duo in a variety of styles in such a recent influx is quite something.

I'm thinking it's possible. Banjo & Kazooie releases in the fall, and I suspect the next one would be shown after that. Depending on if it's early fall (pls pls pls) or late fall, doesn't leave much time to reveal the next two, spread out.

If together, perhaps in the Fall Direct or a dedicated Smash Direct (released Holiday and February). If separate, in the Fall/Smash Direct (released holiday) and the Game Awards (released February or shadow dropped) makes sense.
And then after that, they might hit us with one final bombshell in the VGA event that at least half of people wouldn't see coming.

Fighter Pass 2, go.

But that's purely hypothetical, so take it as you will.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Post-Banjo, Day 2. It still doesn't feel real.

Reminder that we aren't dreaming. He's in.

Based on what we've seen, what Spirits do you expect to see? So far my list is:

1. Banjo & Kazooie [Fighter Spirit]
  2. Bottles
  3. Gruntilda
  4. Jinjos
  5. Mighty Jinjonator
  6. Mumbo Jumbo
  7. Eggs (Maybe? There are item spirits, so...)
  8. Golden Feather (Same.)

I don't think we're getting much more than Joker, so unfortunately I don't think we'll see Tooie's bosses. I would love a Mr. Patch fight against a giant :ultyoshi:.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Post-Banjo, Day 2. It still doesn't feel real.

Reminder that we aren't dreaming. He's in.

Based on what we've seen, what Spirits do you expect to see? So far my list is:

1. Banjo & Kazooie [Fighter Spirit]
  2. Bottles
  3. Gruntilda
  4. Jinjos
  5. Mighty Jinjonator
  6. Mumbo Jumbo
  7. Eggs (Maybe? There are item spirits, so...)
  8. Golden Feather (Same.)

I don't think we're getting much more than Joker, so unfortunately I don't think we'see Tooie's bosses. I would love a Mr. Patch fight against a giant :ultyoshi:.
I'm hoping Tooty is an assist spirit at least.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
sigh.

This is funny, but I really wish people would treat 4chan Steve as an imposter, and start putting real Steve with Banjo, Kazooie and "Hero."
Indeed, if there's anything that has soured the mood since Banjo & Kazooie's reveal is the constant Steve bashing--give up, you won. I'll admit I had my own grievances, and some more clever ones make me laugh (most aren't), but it's time to celebrate why we love Banjo & Kazooie so much.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Guys I got to say after 2-Days ago My Dream truly came true and my Heart Feels So contempt and satisfied on Having The Bear and The Bird Comeback Home for the First Time in 17-Years. Also I am So Unbelievably Happy That my first impressions of Dragon Quest’s Heroes with their Trailer not only didn’t disappoint me but they Fit So well in the Game with the Akira Toriyama designs and don’t have to rely on a Dragonball Character like Goku. So now where do I go from Here?

I’m actually thinking of starting a Support Group for Resident Evil and Tekken Representations for Praying and Hoping for the Last 2 Spots in the Fighter’s Pass, but I need Help to make it possible and wondering if any of you guys Fans of those 2 that maybe I could start a Revolution just like you guys with Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie. Would you be interested on kickstarting that Thread?

A8D5EB40-B504-48F7-B996-560ADEADE691.jpeg
F2AF7DD6-2ED3-4AD4-B53C-3460A6F0B4C9.jpeg

StormC

Smash Hero
I think fighter 4 will be revealed in September and 5 in December at the VGA. So I expect the last few months to be very interesting. Especially if the Namco/Capcom speculation holds up and one of those is confirmed.

It'll be fun to watch from the sidelines as someone who is more than happy with the roster as is.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Decided to play BK again, since it has been 10 years since I gave it a try, and there is no better time than now to try it out.

I actually did like it better this time, I guess the problem was that in 09 I was had just been out of playing the first three Spyro games, and despíte being similar, those two games differ a lot in pace and movement, to this day my Spyro muscle memory made me constantly try to hover too far, so I can only imagine it is what made me see BK as a bit too grounded back in the day.

Now I think I appreciate the game far better for what it is, and since I am more mature 10 years late, I can overlook some minor problems and appreciate just how amazing this is for a 20 years old game.

Something that won't happen this time due to the nature of DLC, but that I hope happens in Smash 6, is for Banjo to be a character with "commentary" like Snake and Pit, I am really digging Kazooie and Gruntilda's dialogue in this game, would love to see some Smash interacting with that.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If you think about it, Smash commonly runs into the problem of fizzled out finales (not BAD reveals, just......lackluster compared to the start and middle).

They may be Smash icons now, and Earthbound is one of my favorite games, but I'm not going to fault people being confused or even annoyed that the end roster of Smash 64 was Ness, Falcon and Jigglypuff over more expected characters like Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Dedede, Charizard or Diddy.

With Melee, you start with Peach, Bowser, Zelda, later Falco, Mewtwo, Ganondorf and Marth but end at Roy and Game and Watch?

Brawl fills in the required missing spots with MetaKnight, Dedede, Wario, gains snaks of all people, later Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy and SONIC, only to wrap it up with Toon Link, Wolf and ROB.

Smash 4 ended with a better group with Duck Hunt, Shulk and Bowser Jr, but they really don't compare to Megaman, Villager, Pacman.

Even 4's DLC fell into this. Popular veterans, Ryu and CLOUD. Then.......Bayonetta and Corrin......

Ultimate too with Ken/Incineroar.

So Smash is no stranger to this hype train hiccup. Right now Banjo is Cloud level. While fighters 4 and 5 are going to have extreme hype pressure on them, 4 will be more excused. 5, on the other hand, will be under crazy scrutiny, and if smash follows its patterns, 5 won't meet the hype.
Still of the opinion that the last two are Hayabusa and Doom Slayer. Think Doom Slayer in particular will drum up a HELL of a lot of hype. Everyone wants him but no one thinks he'll happen. Would it be ad hype as Banjo? Nahhh. Especially not for the Hardcore Smash fans but for people outside of the Smash fanbase I think it could do a lot for them.

Top Bottom