• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ban brinstar and rainbow cruise

Stevo

Smash Champion
My argument for banning Rainbow Cruise is it is lame and un-hype to watch matches on that stage.

M2k vers PP was amazing... and then anticlimactic RC at the end.

nothing wrong with picking that stage if it is legal, Im jus sayin.

obviously more important than being competitive

Hax

Smash Champion
Niko45 said:
Removing EXCESSIVE randomness and luck and stage influence. Again, completely ignoring the fact that there's a difference between lava and randall. :/ I mean, you MUST be aware that you're REALLY reaching in saying that Randall and the Lava are comparable. The Lava engulfs the stage and can hit you. Randall has very minimal influence during recovery only. Even on the recovery issue, Lava definitely comes into play as far as saving people more often than with Randall. The difference between the two is obvious.
this is why I gave up a while ago, Niko. stop wasting your time with him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
First off

it's because BBR is very, very stupid

both back rooms are stupid to me but BBR is about 3049309490349039034 X worse
This is funny considering you have outright lied about what has happened back there in which Pierce and other BBR members called you out on.

~

Now for this.

I have to agree with Wobbles criteria, there is one other thing than can be considered in terms of banning a stage.

A super majority for banning it.

If a large enough of the community is for banning a stage and agrees that removing it would be better for the community and game.

Of course this requires a super majority, 70% of something, of the community to follow it. I don't think these stages have that kind of majority so at the very least it depends if it fits the criteria that people layout for banning a stage.

I don't think either fit it unless match-ups are that unbalanced.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Why would it require a "super majority"? This isn't the US Senate.
As a TO you should represent the majority of players, at a national players from all over the country are coming to play. So a super majority of the community is needed not the words of a few since everyone is coming together to play on that stage list.

If the community is that against the stage and think the game is better without it, I think it's fair to remove or add a stage as such.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'm glad that WC banned these stages recently. Hopefully this is a preview of things to come.

Europe has been on the right page for quite a while now, and their melee scene hasn't suffered a bit imo.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
uhhh i have never lied

the BBR is a bunch of ******* idiots that aggravate me so I left
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11626237&postcount=172
Jason, normally I back you up in a lot of things, but this is outright false slander.

We do not talk about banning MK in the back room. Every once in a while, we bring it up, often jokingly, often not, but pretty much in the same context it's brought up out here.

Did you forget it was the BBR that SAVED your precious MK, when the MAJORITY OF THE COMMUNITY OUT HERE VOTED HIM BANNED?

You're the one that's voting for something just because it benefits you. While I don't consider MK particularly ban-able (outside of Planking, IDC), you don't even consider other people's point of views like, ever.

The way we work back there is fine. Give me an example of a work function we use that you don't like? Also, there were things I didn't like about the BR when I first got there. I didn't cry about it and quit. I FIXED THEM, by being a positive, contributing factor.

It's not really fair to call you selfish. You have a good heart about many things, and in life, and in general, you are a very generous and caring person. However, right now you are being really selfish and unfair.

Also, BBR is one of the most OBJECTIVE groups I've ever seen in my whole **** life. Suggesting that the majority of BBR members only vote to serve themselves, is offensive. Even if you aren't talking about me specifically, lying about my co-workers in such a way is slanderous, and I won't tolerate such a thing.

Do I agree with everyone's opinion in the BBR? No. However, we have a diverse set of opinions, and function objectively, and even when I don't agree with someone's opinion, or even when I feel someone's logic is really bad, I still feel you grossly exaggerate the negative aspects of the BBR.

You fall into the category of one of those people who wants BBR to be top players only. Yet you, the best player, left. Way to lead by example. I never saw you actively try and push for a movement to get more top players recruited. Wanna know who IS working on that? ME! On top of the 90193012931870289 other things I do for this community.

Who's being selfish now?
Or did I imagine this and what others said?

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Brinstar may be HELLA but still.. having RC slightly neutrilizes it.
I know neutrilizing it would mean we could really just get rid of them both, but they add to the competitive nature.
I say learn the stages.. or lean a character that isn't HAR****TY on dem stages.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Bring Onett and Yoshi Island Pipes back xD

Those were my favorite counterpicks back in 05. I was beating people better then me when I couldn't even waveshine.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
I'm down for 7 stage option. KJ64 is legit.

Maybe someone from back in the day will fill me in why the time limit in melee was made and why it is still relevant. I don't want anyone who "thinks" they know why the time limit was used. Everyone has their ideas. I'd like to know what the history is there.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua

Maybe someone from back in the day will fill me in why the time limit in melee was made and why it is still relevant. I don't want anyone who "thinks" they know why the time limit was used. Everyone has their ideas. I'd like to know what the history is there.
So I can know when Randall is gonna show up.

Love dat boi

:awesome:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
KJ64 is much worse than RC or Brinstar lol.

Anyway RC could be banned, for running away if considered degenerate.

Brinstar really can't.

Jonas

Smash Champion

To make tournaments run on time and not take forever. It also makes it possible to predict events that seem random, such as the cloud on Yoshi's, but that's not the actual reason.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I'm glad that WC banned these stages recently. Hopefully this is a preview of things to come.

Europe has been on the right page for quite a while now, and their melee scene hasn't suffered a bit imo.
We should just turn into Japan and play nothing but FD

:reverse:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Degeneracy: Matches boil down to singular aspects. For instance, some levels are just "who gets the first hit, then camps."
Which the game can turn into on every"neutral" since they got ledges.
Puff gets lead then takes the ledge, proving that the limited stagelist in fact will lead to degenerative gameplay far worse and less entertaining(lol) then corneria(where the arwings shots can help dealing with this).
Too good IC probably got the only real punish to this though :)

KJ64 is legit, but camping is sooo good on that stage(beat my 11 min match there, 8min timelimit)so it's probably good to have it on in teams only when the stagelist is limited to puff at ledge.

ss118

Smash Master
KJ64 is pretty ****ty. It means an auto-loss in certain match-ups if you win the first match.

For people who want these stages banned(like me), rather than complain about them being ban-able and whatnot, come and prove that they are stupid. Brinstar has always been exploited, and has put people in the dilemma of "do I ban this stupid stage or a bad neutral," while Rainbow Cruise is finally starting to be drawn as a stupid stage. It's mere existence influenced two huge sets at ROM3; H-box was forced to ban it against PP, while it was the deciding match for mew2king vs PP.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
yea, PP beat M2K because of rainbow cruise, not because he played better.

:glare:

omg people need to stop johning and just learn the damn stages

I'm sure M2K doesn't blame RC for his loss, he just blames Falco

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
"It's mere existence influenced two huge sets at ROM3; H-box was forced to ban it against PP, while it was the deciding match for mew2king vs PP."

That definitely says "OMG JOHNS PP TOTALLY DIDNT OUTPLAY M2K"

omg people need to realize that not everyone is making johns

Before blaming falco, M2K actually said "I didn't know RC was legal"... not that that's legit imo, but he actually blamed the stage before the character >_>

PP's win is entirely legitimate, but that doesn't change the fact that RC influenced the set more significantly than a neutral would have.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Bull**** he didn't know RC was legal. I don't care what he said, I'm calling Jason out on that one.

Oh guys btw, M2K didn't lose on FoD so that stage influenced the set too. Hey guys PP didn't lose on DL so that influenced the set too.

omg johns out the ***

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Regardless of stage johns, KJ64 is a terrible stage. Playing against a character that can stall on that stage is like playing Brawl.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Bull**** he didn't know RC was legal. I don't care what he said, I'm calling Jason out on that one.

Oh guys btw, M2K didn't lose on FoD so that stage influenced the set too. Hey guys PP didn't lose on DL so that influenced the set too.

omg johns out the ***
Oh guys btw, I lost on Poke Floats so that stage influenced the set too. Hey guys my friend lost on Green Greens so that influenced the set too.

omg stupidity out the ***

PP abused the rule set well, and there is nothing wrong with that. That, however, does not necessarily imply that the stage isn't dumb as ****.

No one is johning for mew2king; in fact, I was cheering for PP even on the RC counterpick. This doesn't change the damn fact that a set was more (emphasis on MORE) heavily influenced by the CP than many players think is okay... that's sort of why there's been an effort to ban RC for months and months BEFORE their set. It's not like their set all of a sudden made us think "OH RC IS BROKEN DERP".

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I was honestly surprised that RC was legal in the first place. It's like Pokefloats that's harder to stall on, and a longer loop.

I'd like to see Japes get more debate. Even with the stupid crocs, I think it's better than some of the other stages that are being mentioned in this topic.

otg

Smash Master
To whoever said we need a "Super Majority" of the community to ban these stages... have you read this thread? It seems to me like you'll easily get 70% of people saying they want it banned. Now me personally? I love the gay stages, and I love taking people to them (tho I hate it when someone tries to pull some **** on me and take me there). BUT, I also do not think that they should be legal because of how unfairly gay they are.

So yeah, ban em, don't ban em, idgaf, but it seems to me like the community wants them gone.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
It's not like their set all of a sudden made us think "OH RC IS BROKEN DERP".
Really cause that's what is sound like to me.

herp derp look it's a stage that isn't completely flat and gave a character and advantage that helped them win

that's why it's called ****ing counterpick

unfortunately that's all I'm hearing.

I swear, this community is just gonna keep complaining until BF and FD are the only stages left.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
The reason that's all you're hearing is because you are clearly riding PP's **** absurdly hard.
you're right, my opinions about these stages is all about how hard I'm riding PP ****

I'm serious, the stage list we have now is fine. Any discredit towards a player because of a stage is no more than a john at this point in Melee's history.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I have to ban Brinstar on Hbox/puff.

Falco vs Marth stages are lols and Sheik is fine on RC. I did better vs that Sheik on Dreamland anyway.

Top Bottom