• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bair is underpowered - Puff Social/Disc Thread

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Mahone...why don't you Skype anymore (or if you do, I'm never on when you are, and vice versa).

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
That dtilt was awesome. Really cool to see mango playing puff again. Its refreshing to see his aggressive style in action once more

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
does anyone know which hits lower between d-tilt and low angled f-tilt? i can't really tell from the gifs in the frame data thread. i use the f-tilt pretty often for the exact same thing mango did (catching illusions that don't sweetspot) but if d-tilt hits lower i'll start using that i guess

Mahone

Smash Champion
ive always used downward angled ftilt with no problem

dtilt is just easier i guess because you dont risk not angling, but i like ftilt more because

a) they know exactly what you are going to do if you crouch (which you have to do for the dtilt) when they are offstage, whereas just standing there might bait (probably subconsiously) them to side b

b) if they shorten to dodge, like m2k does once in that vid, then i feel like they can immediately dair on or something because dtilt has more lag

both those might just be in my head, but thats how it feels when i play

crush

Smash Master
purposefully whiff dtilt > dash back sing when they go for the inevitable drill from the edge thinking that dtilt has enough lag for them to hit u <333

:phone:

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
I took a stock off of Hax using Rollout in tournament at FC in our R1 pool.

Not that he was trying or anything, but yay for unconventional edgeguards. ;D

Metà

Smash Master
i use it for flashy ledge-stalls lol

as a tool for sweet-spotting the ledge, it's not actually that good. it serves to limit your options to get to the ledge, because you have to make a big commitment to go for it, plus if you hit someone near the ledge, or hit the ledge a little bit too high, you are dead :v

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
I know a couple puffs that use the rollout sweetspot when recovering
you know one puff that uses rollout sweetspot when recovering :cool:

edit: it's pretty useless EXCEPT i've used it a couple times when i'm way off stage and an opponent is a little less way offstage and trying to recover, they'll usually go for the ledge so i'll rollout sweetspot the ledge and edgehog them, it works pretty well against falcon if you can go under his up-b

Mahone

Smash Champion
ya, falling upair instead of upsmash would have been a lot better there, but cool combo

if m2k just teched the upsmash away he woudl of been out

Mahone

Smash Champion
pound is kinda interesting because you can send them up or down

if he did an upwards one, yah m2k would have to tech, but im not sure it would be a true tech chase (becasue of pound lag), however, m2ks options that close to the ledge would be pretty awful

if he did a downwards angled one, then itd probably combo into a bair, unless for some reason m2k knew and di'd HARD IN, which wouldnt really make sense vs puff, so he probably would have gotten a bair chain...

i like falling upair because its less lag than pound so if ur wrong u can maintain some pressure, but ya, pound would have been pretty **** if he knew... better than upsmash lol

Bones0

Smash Legend
How come you guys never charge a rollout as soon as you force a tech chase off of utilt like that where they hard DI? :3

Mahone

Smash Champion
yo ive tried that stuff

it sucks that like, you have to charge for a little before itll do anything

like the first little amount of charging wont charge it enough for you to hit them, u just do this ****ty roll animation that has no hitbox... plus it has guaranteed no follow up since it has 100 years of lag :(

at least when mute was legal we could say we had no useless moves, but i think rollout counts as useless now

Metà

Smash Master
How come you guys never charge a rollout as soon as you force a tech chase off of utilt like that where they hard DI? :3
too risky, as mahone said, plus you telegraph what you're going to do, so it's not going to work more than once

i have tried it, but it's kind of just for show

here's a video of some puff from like 2004 doing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5aN-Hd91y4&t=2m10s

Bones0

Smash Legend
Idk if it's ever better than simply usmashing or fsmashing, but you could use it to punish a missed rest or shield break. lol

Well that example is different cause he faired him super far away. If it's off an utilt or pound I think you'd be able to do it fast enough that the only way they could avoid it would be to miss the tech and do something right when you get to them, and even then, timing a GUA or roll to avoid the backswing of a rollout is no joke. Plus, no one is going to miss those techs because it will get them destroyed by everything Jiggs normally does.

You guys have to think outside the Hbox.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Incredibly situational, but rollout is really good against people that charge smashes, trying to catch the roll or tech into it.

Top Bottom