• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bair is underpowered - Puff Social/Disc Thread

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
This is to keep all of the MU and over-all strategic information/discussion in Mahone's thread.

Use this thread to discuss how broken puff is

Normal discussion thread rules apply obviously.
- This thread is open to discussion and questions about puff. Mahone's thread is a better place to go to seek direct information about the character.
- Try to keep posts relevant in some way

We now have an active Skype group for puff players. Puff supporters are welcome, but be warned that productive discussion is very rare.
Add me or another puff on skype to get invited to the group chat.

R.I.P. skype chat group

"its just for us puffs to be like haters gonna hate yo"
-jungle

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Not even close to useful

Pretty sure Zelda's dair out-tiers

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
hey Kry could you edit some rules into the OP just so they're clear?

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Sure np, let me know if you want me to add anything in particular. Editing it now.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Rollout is a pretty good move. :awesome:

Also, Peach/Puff may be unwinnable for Peach. Going to have to play against more Puffs to see if these are just johns. However, this seems to say that it is, infact, unwinnable.

Also, you guys are cool, and Puff is a cool character. :cool:

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I honestly haven't fought any really good peaches yet. Out of all the high tiers, it's the only one I'm unfamiliar with. I really gotta be sure to play bladewise next time I get the chance and see. :)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I wanna be that Peach too, Wake. The one that's known for pwning Puffs. I'll have Armada taking notes. :cool:

And yeah, Bladewise is really good. Though I don't know how he does against Puff, it's cool that you're that close to him.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Considering he lives in WA, I'd imagine not so well. I'm like the only active puff here.

Seriously no disrespect to him because he's a fantastic player, but even Silent Wolf is pretty bad in the puff matchup compared to many foxes. I only played him in friendlies 2 times though, but I was able to take a match from him while other foxes like Toph were just completely styling on me. Just to give you an idea of how few puffs are around here.

Actually, I've gotten more compliments than hate from wa smashers because they're like "good to get some puff practice in here now" :3

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Haha yeah, and v. mango.

I actually want to see the set where KK sent hbox to losers to see what went wrong for hbox

Tekk

Smash Lord
I think Hbox' game vs sheik lacks efficiency in edgeguarding.
He could've reverse faired KK several times instead of trying to bair him, which requires more accuracy.

I may be wrong, but I think Idea and KK will agree on that.

Massive

Smash Champion
I was referring more to the use of nair for approaches vs. sheik.

Hungrybox could probably benefit from reverse fairs more in general (I saw so many possible uses during the ylink match in GFs for example), but who am I to critique the best jigglypuff in the world?

Tekk

Smash Lord
Just because we're not on Hbox' level doesn't mean we can't see mistakes in his game.

There's always room for one to improve. :p

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Subscribed. And I think our bair doesn't have enough range, it's always getting beat out by pichu's fair :troll:

:phone:

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I don't think the first set with hbox vs kk was recorded. Was it on the livestream? I was gone for a lot of the earlier brackets matches that sunday morning.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
There was a guy standing next to me with a camera so I'm assuming he'll upload it at some point.

He actually moved a few feet away from me after I started yelling so I'm assuming some of the stuff I yelled was really ****ing loud LOL

You should have seen how hype me and Darrell were getting oh my god hahah

BladeWise

Smash Lord
I was listening to KirbyKaze telling M2K how he succeeded against Hbox.
He basically said "Everytime I wanted to go for a grab, I instead did Dsmash (or WD in place -> Dsmash) because Hbox was blatantly trying to crouch under grabs a lot".
He also noted that, since Hbox does so many double bairs, KK would try to bair in between them.

Hbox adjusted his game appropriately in the 2nd set though.
I should probably post this in a Sheik thread, but oh well.

Massive

Smash Champion
Young Links biggest bomb bag holds 40 bombs.

Bombs at their cheapest are 30 rupees per 10 bombs.

The biggest wallet Young Link was ever given access to during the course of the two games he's been in was 500 rupees.

Assuming he had a full bomb bag the beginning of the match and was somehow able to resupply seamlessly (he does have magical bags, I'd wager) he would be able to refill his bag 16 times with 500 rupees, totaling 206 bombs per match.
Even in those 8 minute Apex GFs matches, I doubt 206 bombs were tossed.

SO, THE NUMBERS CHECK OUT. IT ALL STILL SEEMS FEASIBLE GUYS.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Young Links biggest bomb bag holds 40 bombs.

Bombs at their cheapest are 30 rupees per 10 bombs.

The biggest wallet Young Link was ever given access to during the course of the two games he's been in was 500 rupees.

Assuming he had a full bomb bag the beginning of the match and was somehow able to resupply seamlessly (he does have magical bags, I'd wager) he would be able to refill his bag 16 times with 500 rupees, totaling 206 bombs per match.
Even in those 8 minute Apex GFs matches, I doubt 206 bombs were tossed.

SO, THE NUMBERS CHECK OUT. IT ALL STILL SEEMS FEASIBLE GUYS.
dude this post ***** SO HARD

i know it's early but post of the year.

@bladewise that explains why KK was spamming dsmash at bad times during the LB set then ><

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I was listening to KirbyKaze telling M2K how he succeeded against Hbox.
He basically said "Everytime I wanted to go for a grab, I instead did Dsmash (or WD in place -> Dsmash) because Hbox was blatantly trying to crouch under grabs a lot".
He also noted that, since Hbox does so many double bairs, KK would try to bair in between them.

Hbox adjusted his game appropriately in the 2nd set though.
I should probably post this in a Sheik thread, but oh well.
Very interesting, I'll definitely keep this in mind when I'm playing sheiks in the future. Other sheiks probably wont be adapting as well as KK, but it's still very good to know how a sheik might change her game. Thanks teddy, like I said I'd really like to play you next gameclucks if you're down. :)

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I lol'd hard when I saw an hour and 15 minutes on the video for only grand finals.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z07CzxeXMVs

Apex 2012 GFs. It's a chore watching the whole thing, let me tell you. I think Hbox lost this when he began to approach less, tbh. He should have secured at least a full stock lead before camping Armada back.
Agreed. But its stage dependent on how much he should approach. I have absolutely no clue about the dynamics and strategies about camping on various stages. Especially with YL's camping options.

Wow I am really shocked there isn't a more simple solution for this MU. Even switching chars???

Top Bottom