• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axe is the best Pikachu.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i demand vids of axe vs wobbles and axe vs light.

also, chad is very, very good with pika. and all the pikas i've met (which sadly amounts to 2 irl) have been like the coolest people ever.

AXE 09

Smash Master
haha thanks N64, you seem really awesome yourself :p yeah, i got my license in december, so i've been driving for almost a year now :p lol. i'm actually only 17 years old. if i could, i would go to larger tourneys, but my parents really don't let me go too far, but recently they've been letting me free. it's pretty cool.

man, i really wish those vids were recorded. Light is the best Peach player in AZ, he's freakin crazy! it wasn't easy beating him. and Wobbles is freakin insane o.O i kinda got ice climbed on lol. he ***** the living crap outta my pikachu, so i always have to go another random character, and even then, i STILL get *****. ah! i'll try to find a way eventually ^^ also, the only other pika player i've ever played against is D. Disciple. he was pretty good when we fought, we were about even in my eyes. i still practice like every day though, so hopefully i've gotten better. i'd LOVE to fight other pika players! i really want to lol

oh yeah, and i also fought this guy in Texas that went by the name of Defsithe. he's a really good pika player himself, we had really good pika ditto matches. dunno if anyone's heard of him or not

AXE 09

Smash Master
oh snap! speaking of defsithe, there he is! lol he's awesome. he's a monster! i do need to visit, i miss all you guys

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord
Lol time for more (useless) input!! Yea we cause Axe a lot of crap. But N64, Axe is way way way humble, everyone else just puts him up there. He's played a lot better than in those vids though, no offense Axe or Vman. I'd say he's just under or maybe close to equal to all you amazing pika players. Zig, you said against a good falco, he's played, and on rare occasions beaten forward, but thats the only good one I know of.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i demand vids of axe vs wobbles and axe vs light.

also, chad is very, very good with pika. and all the pikas i've met (which sadly amounts to 2 irl) have been like the coolest people ever.
No vids were recorded because AltF4Warrior thought it wouldn't have been worth it to switch my VCR with his.

There was absolutely ****ing insane **** in those matches, like Axe beating Wobbles in an ICs ditto, Axe 2-stocking Light twice, and Axe horizontally killing Light's Peach with Falco's laser.

So, long story short:

BLAME ALTF4WARRIOR.

However, expect more epic videos in January or later :[ perhaps even with Forward. I will make absolutely sure to record videos next time regardless of what anyone says.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Axe, let me give you some advice

1. Your approach game might need some work. If you were to turn the contrast all the way up on these videos, you would see a little yellow ball that was attracted to the blue ball like a magnet. Against Falco especially, its important to play to your strengths - this means a lot of dash grabs, running away, mindgames, and so on. This does NOT mean standing in the middle of the stage holding your shield and waiting for a chance to attack Falco. Most top tier falco players will absolutely wreck you if you hold your shield against them as much as you do in some of these videos.

2. Downtilt, downtilt, downtilt! I dont see you use this invaluable move as much as you could. Im not saying spam it, but learn to run to the edge, downtilt, then go for the tail spike. If they illusion, your down tilt (or foward tilt) will cover it. If they firefox/falco, your tail will do the rest.

3. I see you often trying to finish the combo you've started despite the fact that you cant possibly hit with your last move. This will lead you into getting punished badly, and in pikachus case, often times the loss of that stock. Dont do that downsmash, uptail, thunder (especially) if you KNOW you have a very low chance of hitting them with it. Just use Isai's rule of thumb: DONT GET HIT! If you KNOW the movement on the screen is going to lead to you getting hit, odds are, you shouldnt do that move.

4. Against a level 1 CPU, practice these things every day until you max out the KO counter like I do:

foward air from the edge into a L-canceled dashgrab/backthrow.

Juggling fox/falcon/falco with up tail.

Up throw chaingrab

L Canceled back air into a rising upair

Quick attack to the ledges on every stage, both sides until you can do it at 99% efficiency

Just a few tips! You cant play hand to hand against the high tiers, but you can out maneuver and out-skill them.

oh yeah, and for zigzag, i actually do a lot of these things... it's just when playing a falco like vectorman's, you're VERY limited on what you can do. hopefully you'll fight it one day and see lol. it's really annoying. here's some vids of me fighting against his mewtwo, maybe it'll show that i play a lot differently against other characters than against falco. against mewtwo, i really try to be more careful for some reason =/ lol

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200393

vectorman has one heck of a mewtwo by the way. taj didn't even wanna MM it o.O

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Axe, why you be lying like that. I didn't money match a lot of people after taking a 6 month hiatus from the game.

You wanna squabble? I'll drive down to your house and bust out the gloves.

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol well it's true, you declined his MM. and heck no do i wanna box you, i wanna live! lol i wasn't trying to talk bad about you or anything, i was trying to say how good Vman's mewtwo is

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
if you ever head up, stop in tucson axe! that'd be cool since i have very few people to play against here ><

nice pika btw :) i kinda gave up on mine for the time being, i really like doc mario for some reason but his recovery is terrible so i might have to rethink that lol

festizzio

Smash Champion
I've never gotten the chance to play a good mewtwo before. :( shame, cause i love low tier battles the most

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if axe is making a combo video tell him to message me on aim - i require a few pikachu things

edit: pikachu's - send me good pikachu stuff lol

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey.............HEY........STOP THAT......Gimpy said AXE......not N64............AXE.........lol just playing man.. just giving you a rough time... what kinda stuff do you need Gimpy? like videos of Axe.. segments of him... We've got tons of footage.. I wish we had some of his Pikachu vs Forward/Light/Taj.. and all of them but.. *sniff* we don't.. but what kind of stuff do you need?

N64

Smash Champion
Axe does need a combo vid btw.

And where the hell is Zig's combo vid.

Or Chad's.

WTF GUYS.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Axe does need a combo vid btw.

And where the hell is Zig's combo vid.

Or Chad's.

WTF GUYS.
Chad is way too lazy. He said he would make one a while ago, but he didn't. He barely records. So yeah....chances of him having one is almost the same probability of me having one. Which if you didn't know is pretty small but hey at least DML was talking about making combo vids or something.

Vts

Smash Champion
Chad is way too lazy. He said he would make one a while ago, but he didn't. He barely records. So yeah....chances of him having one is almost the same probability of me having one. Which if you didn't know is pretty small but hey at least DML was talking about making combo vids or something.
yeah i need to make a combo video also as a wanna be DML member lol

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kvCgP-ys6k

Vectorman's mewtwo is freakin insane o.O
OMG............! Axe .......lol I love you.........look at you.. advertising my Mewtwo in the Pikachu section.... You awesome person you!..lmao.. man you're Pikachu is so annoying to fight!. but man it's fun!..can't believe I missed that! you're a stud! xD

Axe ****ing owns! AXE'S PIKACHU IS WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I imagine the only way a combo video were to get done is if we made a BEST PIKA EVER combo video highlighting four or five of the best pikachus.

Think about it.

We're all so lazy, that our combined miniscule efforts could create a single video!

Anyway, I would totally donate footage to a Melee combo video featuring N64, Chad, Zig and pals. How neat would that be?

-Chad-

Slackerator
We could call it

Tales of an Apathetic Bunch

oh yeah, hi guys.

edit

IHSB made a pun about my name suggestion....

"Tails" of an apathetic bunch.

I hate his puns but this one is actually a good idea..

Vts

Smash Champion
when i go visit DML i'll force chad to play at least 10 matches with me and i'll make a trailer for him :)

hey i'll bring my computer again for left 4 dead got graphics card finally

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yay!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT banned anymore.. don't worry Axe.. now i'm back to brag about your Pikachu some more to make more people hate you.. *well me* lol so yeah... Also....

I like how Gimpy asks for Axe's Pikachu then EVERY OTHER pikachu player BESIDES Axe begins replying about it!.....You're a wanted man Axe...........!

What it is HOE!..

Wonder how long i'll last this time before I get banned!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
uhh i just need pikachu footage where it comes from is not relevant - but it seemed this topic was directed more towards axe.

that combo video that's only on google video - put it on youtube - better yet send me the original file.

that'd be great.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
St.Louis just got together and recorded like 3 hours of footage. I'll update with any new footage in the near future

festizzio

Smash Champion
ok so, axe was apparently in vallejo, ca, and i was like "OMG" i have to play him

then i look at how far of a drive vallejo is

6 hour drive

it's in norcal >_<

get ***** festizzio

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
LOL... yeah he was for a few days......lol and he wanted to play! n n

AXE *****... EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL OF YOU!!!!!!! AND YOU... AND YOU........AND YOU TOO.......YEAH YOU NOOB

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-IlAqXSgkI

O.o

Top Bottom