• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axe is the best Pikachu.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Not kidding anymore

Axe is the best Pikachu. Cower in fear, mortals.

This thread was made 2 years ago, and Vectorman has been saying it for a little longer than that. Where you at? :laugh:

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
Lol Tai your amazing.........As much as I agree we might get flamed......... =/ but seriously on almost all of the Major Pikachu players his name is usually missing for some odd reason. I just don't believe that many people know about him.

I taught him everything he knows too............ (lol just kidding) but for those who don't know who he is you should check him out.. Might even turn some heads... Don't just take my advice for it.. Many of AZ top players Taj, Forward, Wobbles, even some Texas players.. Axe is SICK... only person sicker is me

VECTORMAN! lol

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Tru.

Axe went 1-2 in a set with Forward in tourney a few weeks back. It was last stock, death %.

Can Anther do this ****?

SONNNNNNNNNNNN

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
who won the money matches
There were Four money Matches total....

Axe won the First MM he went all Pikachu on Forward's Fox, and Sheik

Axe won the second MM He went Pikachu, Fox

Axe lost the third MM in Fox ditto's against Forward

Axe won the fourth MM in Falco dittos

Yeah

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
That's pretty **** impressive.

I hope he makes it out to a big tournament and shows everyone how dangerous Pika can be.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Have some more Matches Of Axe's Pikachu! Hope everyone likes ^^:

Axe (Pikachu) vs VectorMan (Mewtwo) - Game 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzkpnSFKgBk
Axe (Pikachu) vs VectorMan (Mewtwo) - Game 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwKDVauCmHk
Axe (Pikachu) vs VectorMan (Mewtwo) - Game 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8t40oXpnrE

These are also his Pika.. there also in the other thread but this one gets more attention ^^

Axe (Pika) vs Vman (Falco) Game 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eJfxCQGl1s
Axe (Pika) vs Vman (Falco) Game 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJhUN3CNae4
Axe (Pika) vs Vman (Falco) Game 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C77b72FGeg
Axe (Pika) vs Vman (Falco) Game 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5O-2Xv_-Jc

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Only 2-3 decent mewtwos in AZ that I know of..... and Taj won't accept V3cts challenge for his spot..

But back on to pika, Axe is really good, I saw some of the other good pikas, and I want to see them ditto.
???

You have me confused here... Taj is amazing! =D I don't know what your saying about challenges but I've fought Taj a good amount of times.. he's amazing!

Axe's Pikachu is overrated............LOL (AND IT SHOULD BE MORE RATED his pikachu ****ing *****!

AXE 09

Smash Master
Pikachu! is amazing! c'mon don't you all think so? =D
o.O wow, i totally didn't say that. vman, get off my account you *** lol.

thanks a lot for all the comments guys ^^ obviously we can't just "assume" i'm like the best pika here. i haven't won any major tourneys or anything like that. i've seen anther's pikachu and dang man... it's freakin insane. i wish i could fight you one day.

ummm... i don't want everyone to think that i'm like cockey or anything like that. it wasn't my idea to make these threads, i kinda just want everyone to see and rate my and vectorman's vids lol. so ummm.... we'll try to upload more asap haha. thanks everyone.

oh and the only good mewtwo's i've seen in AZ are vectorman's and taj's. does anyone else have a mewtwo that i don't know about?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Way to BS on the boards VMan. lol its whatever I'll edit my post. :laugh:

And Axe, I said 2-3 lol I didn't know if there was a third.
WTF!? I'm not BSing anything.. perhaps your ears have decieved you on what i said... Joe use your head, learn when to and when NOT to post something.. it would save Axe and myself ALOT of negative comments that are coming our way because of some things you say.. Not because you say it.. THE WAY YOU SAY IT.. I'd rather not have enemies over the **** internet.. that's ********..

Yes axe is amazing

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord
sorry. point taken, posts deleted, I'm out, Axe owns, pikachu is awesome,

and I didn't say anything that should get Axe anything negative.. Sorry for ruining this whole thing <3 you guys, peace.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hey Tai, will it be a Pikachu combo video or will it be multi-character?
Two-part giant super mega awesome combo video.

I'm against mixed-character combo videos, so I'll make it one part Pika, one part Falco.

Since one uber combo vid is so much cooler than two small ones.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Axe, let me give you some advice

1. Your approach game might need some work. If you were to turn the contrast all the way up on these videos, you would see a little yellow ball that was attracted to the blue ball like a magnet. Against Falco especially, its important to play to your strengths - this means a lot of dash grabs, running away, mindgames, and so on. This does NOT mean standing in the middle of the stage holding your shield and waiting for a chance to attack Falco. Most top tier falco players will absolutely wreck you if you hold your shield against them as much as you do in some of these videos.

2. Downtilt, downtilt, downtilt! I dont see you use this invaluable move as much as you could. Im not saying spam it, but learn to run to the edge, downtilt, then go for the tail spike. If they illusion, your down tilt (or foward tilt) will cover it. If they firefox/falco, your tail will do the rest.

3. I see you often trying to finish the combo you've started despite the fact that you cant possibly hit with your last move. This will lead you into getting punished badly, and in pikachus case, often times the loss of that stock. Dont do that downsmash, uptail, thunder (especially) if you KNOW you have a very low chance of hitting them with it. Just use Isai's rule of thumb: DONT GET HIT! If you KNOW the movement on the screen is going to lead to you getting hit, odds are, you shouldnt do that move.

4. Against a level 1 CPU, practice these things every day until you max out the KO counter like I do:

foward air from the edge into a L-canceled dashgrab/backthrow.

Juggling fox/falcon/falco with up tail.

Up throw chaingrab

L Canceled back air into a rising upair

Quick attack to the ledges on every stage, both sides until you can do it at 99% efficiency

Just a few tips! You cant play hand to hand against the high tiers, but you can out maneuver and out-skill them.

AXE 09

Smash Master
thanks for the advice zig-zag... haha i know my pikachu needs a lot of work... i'll keep trying to get better

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=p

I was gonna make a serious rebuttal to the statement that "Axe is the best Pikachu", but now I see you guys weren't serious. So it's alright.
Still good Pikachu, though. :p

N64

Smash Champion
nah, I like what I see. From these, axe looks pretty **** good. Zig speaks the truth though.

Yay for me adding nothing to the conversation!

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
Why so much hate on Axe's Pika going on? Not like this Pikachu thread had too much attention with this it seems it has more attention than ever... And yes perhaps he isn't the best Pikachu.. but he amongst the best of them and rarely Anyone acknowledges that.. other people that he is better than receive more credit than he does....

either way.. in theory i guess you can say it's a joke.. but.. I'm his double team partner of course I think he is ^^:

AND HE IS IN MY OPINION!

but wow zigzag, and anther.. and 64 and such.. ive watched theirs too and WOW.. Pikachu IS AWESOME... M2 is better though lol.. check it!

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
YEAH!, it's just that he doesn't go anywhere since he only plays in Sierra Vista. That's why he doesn't have much attention.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Although I said it in a blatant, in-your-face manner, I really do believe that Axe is the best Pikachu.

N64

Smash Champion
Bleh. Chad is always forgotten...
I think it's just that chad hasn't posted in this thread. The rest of those mentioned did.

And any 'so much hate' on Axe is probably due to you guys heh. Not bashing, just saying. To anyone who's been around the pika boards before, we're not a very arrogant bunch. If anything we all swear some other pikachu player is better than us, and we've pretty much agreed that no one of us holds the 'best pika' title. Except maybe zig, lol, he likes trying to show off his awesomeness.

We're not used to people coming in and claiming "SO AND SO IS DA BEST PIKACHOO", as we all like eachother (in general) and it's not really our style heh. We're all pretty close in skill levels and content with all just being really good and supporting eachothers goodness.

AXE is good, no doubts, and from these matches and what you say he's up with most of the rest of us as far as i'm concerned. If he wants to really pull ahead, which goes for all of us, he needs to travel to tourneys and own. Chad made it to brackets at Event 52. Anther made it to brackets at Pound 3. Zigzag consistently does well with pika in midwest tourneys. Chudat has preformed well against top players using pikachu. etc.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Singles Results:

1: Wobbles
2: Axe
3: Light
4: Vectorman
5: Tai
5: Dark
7: Alt-F4
7: Kosuke
9: Masta Deltron
9: CHUK
9: Jar'd
9: YEAH
13: Troll
13: Frank

Pretty amazing... jeff went pikachu most of the way, even against brad, and IC's ditto'd rob in the finals.

Thanks for coming everyone! See you next time!

Shoutouts later
these are results from a tourney that vman and i went to last saturday lol. it wasn't a very big one, but... i just thought i'd post something about tourneys since i guess it's a pretty good way to kinda throw myself out there. now that i can drive, i can go to more tournaments! =D

oh and yes, N64, you're right. my friends always get people to talk bad about me cuz they say too much stuff about me on the boards -_- lol i still love them though, but just letting everyone know to not take everything too seriously with me, i'm just a guy who loves to play melee :p

N64

Smash Champion
Yeah, you seem pretty humble and chill Axe, which is cool. Good **** with that placing, I'd like to see vids from the tourney if anything was recorded heh. Good to hear you're able to travel more now too. Show off some pika ****.

Top Bottom