• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Trela

Smash Lord
LOL I made that post on Slush's account. He said he'd let me post anything I wanted to, but I didn't know what!

Anyways, I'm back from HOBO 32! I managed to get 2nd again, with my Sets in Loser's Finals and Grand Finals being recorded. I'm so glad that it's over, too! I didn't exactly have a fun time due to my "wimpiness", like Xyro would say lol.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Make staying on the top platform your top priority. If you fall off for any reason, stop attacking and get back up there.
Don't approach the Core; it'll come to you. Right at the beginning of the fight, you're out of range of its attacks, so it'll start by shooting at you, then it'll drift toward you.
Level 3 Sword is extremely helpful in fending off all of the Core's attacks. Bubbline won't help because the Core's attacks take 4 damage to kill iirc.

And of course, unload a payload of missiles every time that thing becomes vulnerable. Use the Level 3 Sword if you run out of missiles for your attacks.

That's how I did it, anyway. Took me about... 10-20 tries, I guess?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Make staying on the top platform your top priority. If you fall off for any reason, stop attacking and get back up there.
Don't approach the Core; it'll come to you. Right at the beginning of the fight, you're out of range of its attacks, so it'll start by shooting at you, then it'll drift toward you.
Level 3 Sword is extremely helpful in fending off all of the Core's attacks. Bubbline won't help because the Core's attacks take 4 damage to kill iirc.

And of course, unload a payload of missiles every time that thing becomes vulnerable. Use the Level 3 Sword if you run out of missiles for your attacks.

That's how I did it, anyway. Took me about... 10-20 tries, I guess?
>missiles
Son, Hard Mode don't give you any missiles.

Yeah I've been opting to stay at the middle's left edge spamming Shorthop Lv3 Blade downward to create a protective barrier around myself. I choose the middle because I have more freedom about where the Core goes and Curly is more like to do some damage.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
LOL I made that post on Slush's account. He said he'd let me post anything I wanted to, but I didn't know what!

Anyways, I'm back from HOBO 32! I managed to get 2nd again, with my Sets in Loser's Finals and Grand Finals being recorded. I'm so glad that it's over, too! I didn't exactly have a fun time due to my "wimpiness", like Xyro would say lol.
Good **** Trela.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Oh, uh, Linkshot, I just did Normal mode and didn't pick up the Life Capsules. I wanted to play as normal colored Quote and I didn't want to blow my brains out from insanity for trying to do a 3HP run without missiles ;p

Level 3 Sword showed a lot of success when I used it on the Core, so do that, I guess.

And I'm gonna go ahead and tell you that the Level 3 Sword is very effective against Ballos' final form. You probably aren't going to want to trade it in for the Nemesis...

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I never liked Nemesis anyway. It'll probably let me get the...whatever they named it, that super Polar Star thing.

But yeah I got him to 5% left at one point but a bullet snuck under the floor and killed me. I know the strat, just need consistency.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
It's called the Spur, and you can get it whether you have the Sword or the Nemesis.

The only requirement for getting it is that you still have the Polar Star

Top Bottom