• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I want soul calibur tier jiggle physics

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I just hope smash 4 is as customizable as brawl is :>

I don't think theres been a competitive game before with as many model and texture swaps.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
They plan on starting off with Brawl as a base, and developing from there according to interviews, so probably. I imagine they'd want to keep that malleability that Brawl had even in the final product, as it probably made it much easier to add/adjust new things than it normally is. Especially if they decide to have patches/DLC by the time its released...

If Smash4 has Melee's physics/movement, there will not be any problems (ignoring inevitable character imbalance, and wired controller support) for competitive play. I'm just hoping for Brawl's engine to be fixed to better match Melee's since they're basing Smash4 off that. Smash is so based on movement. Melee just captures it best

Steam

Smash Hero
If Smash4 has Melee's physics/movement, there will not be any problems (ignoring inevitable character imbalance, and wired controller support) for competitive play. I'm just hoping for Brawl's engine to be fixed to better match Melee's since they're basing Smash4 off that. Smash is so based on movement. Melee just captures it best
melee's engine has always felt really janky and is like a popsicle stick house. yeah the game is more fun but brawl is definitely smoother. There's a good balance between the two.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucario will be replaced by Zoroark, calling it now.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
What D. Disciple said will happen.

Mewtwo will be a heavyweight in this particular game. However, Pokemon Trainer is likely to be removed (or reworked), not that anyone would really miss him anyway...

God keeps telling me that Knuckles will be like the "king" of 1v1, I realllllyyyyyyyy hope its not true.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
I imagine Zoroark would be in, seeing as he was the first "mascot" of Gen V, same as Lucario was, but... I kinda wonder how they'd work in his signature, exactly. It'd need to be more than just copying a character's neutral special and wearing their hat.......or head.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
I feel strongly that Smash is the kind of game where there shouldn't be a "random button character". Hell, you should never do that in ANY crossover fighting game. People'd feel gypped.

Browny

Smash Hater
Theres nothing unique about Zoroark idk why people care about it.

Freakin Mewtwo: Psychic, huge, legendary, evil. Lucario: ninja, blue fire, telepathy, awesome tail.

What does zoroark do. Telepathy... ?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Zoroark doesn't have a tail but he has an awesome ponytail. Frankly i'm jealous of that hair.

Anywho, zoroark, lucario, and mewtwo all bring good fighting styles too the table imo. Mewtwo uses his physchic abilities, lucario uses martial arts, and zoroark has a wild beast instincts way of fighting. With some illusion shenanigans.
I'm actually really hyped if he does get in because I have the perfect idea of how his illusion ability can be used with his whole moveset. Making a moveset for that make your move X thread.

Wait did I already say this here?
I swear I said this here. Someone stop me before I say it for the hundrenth time!

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Zoroark's charm comes its ability illusion that allows it to masquerade as other pokemon in your party.

although incapable of physically transforming it can give the illusion that it is another pokemon or being.

ex: I send in "Infernape" in on an opponents ferrothorn [grass/steel] and flamethrower to kill it. He then sends in Alakazam to revenge kill. He uses Psychic expecting it to kill but NOPE its Zoroark!

Alakazam proceeds to get ***** by STAB Dark Pulse.

naturally people liked the "trolling" potential of his niche and others liked it for its... more perverse uses.

I ****ing love running specs zoroark in my team because illusion makes for such awesome baits, otherwise I think his design and stuff is nothing special

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pikachu and Jiggs are a given.

Zoroark is pretty much guaranteed to be in it...Gen V is the current gen, and it's fairly popular in Japan. Not sure how they would incorporate the illusion effect though...maybe it can create an illusion of a random character and play as that character until it hits a certain percent and the illusion "breaks?" Or maybe it'll create illusions to hurt opponents. Night Daze is its signature move so that'll probably one of the special moves. It also uses Dark Pulse and Night Slash in the movie. But if it gets in, I could see Lucario get bumped if there is a four character franchise limit (besides Mario franchise, because it's Mario, lol).

I could see them getting rid of PT, or at least changing his Pokemon...this could go either way.

Mewtwo will probably never return as a playable character...he's not as popular as he was back then...maybe he'll be a cameo.

Pichu...trollolololololololol tier.

Regardless, it will be a long time before anything is revealed...

melee's engine has always felt really janky and is like a popsicle stick house. yeah the game is more fun but brawl is definitely smoother. There's a good balance between the two.
...wat

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm personally a tad optimistic, the combination of adding more core 3rd party games and Nintendo's expressed focus on addressing hardcore elements might pressure Sakurai to follow suit, although since Sakurai's interview this could be wrong.

Alright, Stauffy time, I blame finals stress and illness compounding my patience:

Also, nobody's forcing you to play this game or stay on these boards. Idk if you're trolling or what, but seriously you go on like a random troll on SRK about this game every time I see you on these boards. Generally, people who bash on these kinds of things excessively often spend more time doing this than they should being better at X game they play, not to mention you are also are bad at this game itself (from the matches I've seen), which is why I don't get why people take you seriously when you offer Brawl advice, especially when lots of it is generalized and highly theorycrafted/generic mediocrity. I honestly was a close-minded idiot when I started and didn't want to play Counter Strike, MvC3, or even invest in competitive Melee, and guess what? I totally loved them, my only regret for MvC3 is arguably X-factor and the fact that I'm not rich enough to invest in a whole separate console for a game lol. Even after getting enough invested to be consistent in other more competitively viable games like SC2, CS, and Melee, I still love Brawl though too, because there's enough departure from traditional elements that make it still refreshing, and the competitive mould, while being shaky, is still solid enough to house a pretty good community.

An opinion like yours may be subjective, but it doesn't mean it doesn't suck, especially if it reeks of misplaced confidence and goes on like an awkward one-man elitist circle-jerk, it just doesn't fit when you get little backing from buddies on the subject. If you're going to troll, at least get good at your intended game to back it up, bush-league prick. Seriously, they made a specific game bash infraction because of guys like

I've halted half the projects I've made for this board, because I felt like I've contributed lots and that it's time in general for someone else to step it up, and I just want to play the game itself more than anything. I also had to get my precious fragile scrubbish ego bruised many a-time to get over my mental limitation in scope and just play the game. I'm far from good at this game, but at least people acknowledge that I respect what matters and I don't try to act like an ostentatious steaming pile of idiocy.
Wow Phil. O_o

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304188

The last lots of posts make me really hate the Melee community. I have never known a more annoying bunch of whining people
This is why I avoid those forums usually.

I can understand Melee players expressing frustration, except the difference is they're courteous enough to keep it within those threads. If people on SRK hate it when Brawl people defend their game on their boards, what makes people think its any different if anti-Brawl trolls up a storm on the Brawl boards?
I wish they would stop being trolls and butthurt all the time with Brawl.

Lucario will be replaced by Zoroark, calling it now.
I will cry if this happens.

Zoroark and Lucario calling it, and the return of mewtwo. Gotta always add in a new pokemon to the game.
I hope so.

What D. Disciple said will happen.

Mewtwo will be a heavyweight in this particular game. However, Pokemon Trainer is likely to be removed (or reworked), not that anyone would really miss him anyway...

God keeps telling me that Knuckles will be like the "king" of 1v1, I realllllyyyyyyyy hope its not true.
Yes.

Steam

Smash Hero
You really have no idea what you're talking about.
except that I do. the game has little buffer system and one of the best ways to move your character is your air dodge.

the game is hella fun and better than brawl, it's engine is stlil really wonky IMO and every character controls like a tank until you put tons of time into it. even then.... still kinda tankish

edit: Lucario is gonna be in the next smash. he has too many fanboys to NOT be in.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
edit: Lucario is gonna be in the next smash. he has too many fanboys to NOT be in.
Tell that to the Mewtwo and Roy fans out there.

Also, you really don't know what you're talking about. Melee had precise controls and very few glitches. Brawl...a buffer system that goes "Hur durrr, you're trying to do an Fsmash? LOL, nah, you're going to do a dash attack instead because you buffered it" and glitches everywhere. Also, how can you say Melee controls like a tank when you play Brawl...Melee is faster-paced than Brawl. <_<

Regardless, whatever engine they decide to use, hopefully they won't rush and actually test/debug everything.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Zoroark will replace Lucario.
And it'll be able to transform into the other characters similar to Shang Tsung.

And it'll be glorious.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You underestimate Fire Emblem fanboys.

Steam

Smash Hero
Tell that to the Mewtwo and Roy fans out there.

Also, you really don't know what you're talking about. Melee had precise controls and very few glitches. Brawl...a buffer system that goes "Hur durrr, you're trying to do an Fsmash? LOL, nah, you're going to do a dash attack instead because you buffered it" and glitches everywhere. Also, how can you say Melee controls like a tank when you play Brawl...Melee is faster-paced than Brawl. <_<

Regardless, whatever engine they decide to use, hopefully they won't rush and actually test/debug everything.
by the way the game was originally meant to be played, yes melee does control pretty horribly. thankfully there are things like wavedashing so you can actually move your character without 5 years of lag. though you still can't turn around very easily. though I think melee should have had more of a buffer system. not as much as brawl... but more would have been cool.

@trela- I don't want to be in smash... : (

@espy- nah, lucario will be sonic's pimp in smash forever <3

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You will be in Smash and you will like it.
Your Final Smash shall be dropping characters IQ's so low, they'll eventually just walk off stage and lose a stock so they may regain their Sanity.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Okay, my head hurts.

Thanks Steam.

Melee's movement is more fluid because
- less landing lag on aerial attacks
- wavedashing
- wavelanding
- fast falling
- dash dancing
- edge canceling
- no input buffer (try short hop fast fall in Brawl. When you land, your character will have to enter a crouch animation)

Melee gives you so many options for control in movement, easily more than Brawl

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Smash 4 is hinted at then its Melee ****ing everything, god damn theres 2 more years before Smash 4 comes out. :S

A lot of the pokemon that are in the Smash games are based on their popularity in Japan (abet and the rest of the world, but its mostly japan), so in half a year when Smash4 starts to be made (it was hinted at being made, not is in the making), they will look at the fanbase and see who is where. Currently its still lucario.
If Mr.Z is huge then chances are Zoroark will be in it. Will Mewtwo come back? Lol Naw, unless theres a huge worldly increase in Mewtwo love.

/love

Steam

Smash Hero
Melee's movement is more fluid because
- less landing lag on aerial attacks
- wavedashing
- wavelanding
- fast falling
- dash dancing
- edge canceling
- no input buffer (try short hop fast fall in Brawl. When you land, your character will have to enter a crouch animation)

Melee gives you so many options for control in movement, easily more than Brawl
less landing lag is only because L canceling, though it's not like that matters because there's so much shield stun in that game aerials on shield are really safe. which is what makes it offensive and fun

wavedashing makes up for the fact that the normal movement methods are so horrible

wavelanding is cool

you can dash dance in brawl (then trip)

no buffer system isn't neccecarily a good thing. one not fun thing about melee is having to practice to punish individual moves because you can't buffer out of shield stun. it's a matter of preference though. big part of why I hate street fighter... that game feels like a shallower brawl with artificial difficulty programmed in.

Top Bottom