• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
whoever was asking about the vivian.

full pic is 3 shadow sirens.
I wasn't asking but I was considering pointing it out.
I was asking about it, Cause Vivian interests me and that image is pretty good avatar material.
No not the terrible versions where she has D-sized jugs.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
boy do I have news for you.

anyways.

LS knows whats up!
In the Japanese version of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Vivian was said to be male. That is stated in Vivian's character description, which is roughly translated as "One of the shadow group, Vivian appears to be a girl but is really a boy." (in Japanese: 「カゲ三人組の一人だった オンナのコのようで ホントは オトコのコ」). Additionally, Goombella's Tattle reads: "That's Vivian. Of the shadow group, she's the youngest sister... er, brother." (in Japanese: 「『ビビアン』よ カゲ三人組の一人で いちばん下の妹 ・・・じゃなくて 弟ね」).

While Beldam uses the term "majotachi" (meaning a group of sorceresses) to refer to her, Marilyn and Vivian as a collective, she also calls Vivian "Man" (as an insult). Despite this, female pronouns such as "her" and "she" are used when referring to Vivian, though this may be because it is considered proper to refer to transgendered persons by the gender they identify themselves with. In addition, Goombella seems to conclude that she is female during the game's ending.

In the English version of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, all references to Vivian possibly being male are removed. All instances where attention was drawn to Vivian's gender were also removed, such as replacing Beldam's "Man" insults with "Plug-Ugly." Some translations in the PAL region (such as the Spanish version) maintained the Japanese version's portrayal of Vivian. In the Italian version, on the other hand, she is female, but it is said several time in the game that she was male before.

Yes... I'm aware of the Japanese versions saying Vivian is male, but it's been said numerous times Vivian is female.
Just wacky.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
So more about Super Smash Bros. Strife (its Japan Time!).

God told me a bit about Krystal in Strife.

She will have her "Kursed" outfit (I believe He said as default) with perhaps Krystal's Adventures outfit as an alt outfit (that is if the ESRB and Nintendo would let that fly :p).

Krystal's staff is a bit upgraded from Adventures, for one it will be able to split into two like how Pit wields his weapon.

Some of her moves will empathize psychic abilities (which canonically she's only shown telepathy), but hey you know its Nintendo. They'll take something and run with it.

There is also something else Nintendo found neat: Intros to the battle where perhaps a little dialogue is exchanged.

Think Dissida.

For example Krystal in Command was mad at Fox, so...

If you have Krystal fight Fox you'll see her upset at the beginning of the fight.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Vivian is like male or at least TS in like every version that isn't the US version.

I RATHER STICK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL MY GOOD SIR.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Wasn't Kursed outfit just like a t shirt and short shorts? I honestly can't remember, it's been way too long since I played Command.

Browny

Smash Hater
So more about Super Smash Bros. Strife (its Japan Time!).

God told me a bit about Krystal in Strife.

She will have her "Kursed" outfit (I believe He said as default) with perhaps Krystal's Adventures outfit as an alt outfit (that is if the ESRB and Nintendo would let that fly :p).

Krystal's staff is a bit upgraded from Adventures, for one it will be able to split into two like how Pit wields his weapon.

Some of her moves will empathize psychic abilities (which canonically she's only shown telepathy), but hey you know its Nintendo. They'll take something and run with it.

There is also something else Nintendo found neat: Intros to the battle where perhaps a little dialogue is exchanged.

Think Dissida.

For example Krystal in Command was mad at Fox, so...

If you have Krystal fight Fox you'll see her upset at the beginning of the fight.
Did Shiggy tell you anything about a Skyward Sword release date in your fanboy dream?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm glad there's people who've play PM TTYD.
Though I've played it too many times (Maybe around 20 times of beating the game and deleting around 14 different files), but not like the run-throughs where I do something specific like 10 HP only, BP upgrades Only, or anything special like that.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oh **** yea! paper mario talk!

I'm actually doing a run of it right now. A special run. :D
See I was playing the game, and got kinda bummed at how easy it was. Dissatisfied, I went to the dood on rogueport that sells random junk. The gods of RPG games must have smiled upon me that day because he was selling a badge that doubled that damage you take. :D I have 2 of them now. Its like a quadruple damage run. :3

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
When is the next metagame discussion? Im bored, and hate sitting here doing nothing while everyone else takes spots.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Super Smash Bros. Strife: Decloning

All hail Japan Time.

Ganondorf's, Dr. Mario's, etc. movesets will be decloned.

For example one or more of Ganon's movesets will be him wielding swords.

Dr. Mario's Side B will have him smacking you with a stretcher, you know to carry patients.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I like vivian. C:
He doesn't let the gender barrier restrain his flamboyant feminine cutesy personality~! =w= It's cool. People have been adopting that mindset now and don't let genders hold em back. I think the my little pony thing is a good example. :3 Something targeted towards females is widely liked by males, and embraced. They arn't embarrassed of what they like. =w=

I think flameys occasional flamboyance is kinda cute actually~! <3

Trela

Smash Lord
I mean, it was just a little itty-bitty local tournament over here at my friend Sync's lol. I'm sure there were some Sets recorded, but nothing special! Just a fellow Lucario here learning other MUs, is all!

Oh, and speaking of Sync, he isn't who he says he is! Keep an eye on him!

So today my car was sent in for inspection and the brakes are broken. $2,000 for fix. Now I'll have to rely on someone to carpool me tor tournaments, but too bad I'm the carpooler of my little area. Also so basically I might not be going to COTT5...

Top Bottom