• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i am of the same belief as you player 4. i said get them in the air and **** them WHILE YOU CAN, cause he will get back on the ground and he will go right back to having the advantage. and how m2k beat ally was exactly what you said doesnt happen, m2k got ally of the ground and pressed his advantadge and racked a lot of damage real fast, then went right back to camping. if you have seen my posts on this matchup from previous debates, i fought the notion that you just get olimar off the ground and **** a stock cause that realistically doesnt happen, but you can rack enough damage up to even it out. and i dont think mk vs snake is 50-50 at all.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Hey guys this may seem stupid.

but one thing I did to help get through the pikmin easier is run and BAS right out of his grab range while he's throwing pikmin.

it kills/hits the pikmin in front of you and the one overhead might go over.

also.

DT is a weird mix-up for keeping a juggle going.

and yesterday I was able to use read a nado once or twice and get good stuff out of it holy ****.

the other 15 times I got killed or gimped or ***** but at least I know theres times where it really works.

Also an easier way to sdi uair is just roll the stick up a lot lol, if they're rising you have to go the other way but if they're not just hit up a bunch and you should get out of the last hit.

iLink

Smash Champion
I really do need to go to socal and play rich or something.

I genuinely have no idea how to approach olimar and his pivot grab and smashes make it feel hopeless. The one thing I did learn was to never just land next to him or you will get grabbed. I always try to have a charged AS and let it go in case he does grab so it breaks me free.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I think I understand the olimar match-up again.

time to not get 3 stocked by rich
Don't FSmash grounded in his grab range >.>

Also be careful to not roll around too much that you get hit by both of the pikmin in the dsmash. I do that sometimes and I'm like FFFFFFF.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
One thing I learned is once you get them in the air half of you juggle game comes from following them on the ground. They don't have an amazing air speed nor any nice low lag aerial near the ground, which lets you regrab them and spit them into the air again.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
G&W isnt very hard for Lucario. He was hard back in 08 when nobody knew how to fight him correctly. the MU is close to even, but im sure it's tilted in his favor because of small factors that I dont feel like going into.

MK.........well MK isnt hard for Lucario per say. He's hard for the person playing lucario. We have tools to fight him, but if you dont understand how MK works or how to fight him, than this MU will become your hardest simply because hes the best lol.

D3 is a ***.(imo)

Marth just takes a TON of patience to beat imo.

Edit: Olimar imo is our second hardest.
Zucco, I love your posts of genius.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DB7MBzhxcDs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DB7MBzhxcDs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

A little old, but good.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
@Phil - Interesting...

This is what I got out of it...So staling FAir on the pikmin really helps you get into certain strings at mid-high %, didn't think of that. Lots of short hops, punishing landing lag, careful use of second jump, to not get punished for it. A very in and out type playstyle.... hmmm.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you can't defeat Snake with some kind of ease, you've got a problem. Snake is probably one of the easier match ups.
*gets to play UltimateRazer*

*remembers Lee Martin losing to Razer*

*remembers Trela tripping into Razer utilt like 20 times and losing*

Obviously, it's a good matchup. :p

I'm curious, when was the last time a Lucario has beaten Ally or Razer? Anyone? <_<

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when some of the best Lucarios consistently lose to top Snakes, one starts thinking that the matchup is not in Lucario's favor...

Steam

Smash Hero
Snake is by no means good for Lucario. But it's not one of the very hardest.

@RT: it's never been in our favor >_>

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
because the best snake players are just plain better then the best lucario players. im pretty sure razer and ally would both out place the best lucarios just because they are better.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when I see some of the best Lucarios beating any of the top Snakes, one starts thinking that the matchup is not in Lucario's favor...
Of course, but dumb opinions are dumb.

Snake is easily 60-40.

because the best snake players are just plain better then the best lucario players. im pretty sure razer and ally would both out place the best lucarios just because they are better.
Ally's MK... maybe, but Razer, no chance. Put ANYONE besides Snake in the hands of Razer and it won't beat Lee or Trela's Lucario.

Zucco

Smash Master
55:45 yuuuup.

@P4: Thats a terrible example though. Why would we expect Razer who mains pretty much only snake, to suddenly beat lee or trela with some other character. he's known for snake maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i could also go into the pikachu boards talking about how fox is not a devastating matchup because zeton comes pretty close to beating me, but that is just because he is THAT good of a fox, and has no bearing in the playstyle. this is where matchup numbers and stuff really fail- everyone has different playstyles, and even for the same character peoples unique playstyles will have varying effectiveness and stretch the understood and agreed upon matchup numbers to their limits. i think its very naive to claim that snake ***** lucario just because you live in a region with an exceptionally strong snake

also the strength of a person at smash is not related to who they use besides their main :urg: their main/whoever they actually use in tourney is what matters

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I've talked to Razer and Trela and they both believe that it's one of his worst matchups. I'm pretty sure Lee Martin has given up on the matchup, too, but I can't speak for him.

It's just one of those matchups where you HAVE to get the first KO, or it's pretty much over. And even when you get Aura, one mistake leads to a utilt at 130%...bye bye stock.

I know I've used the metaphor, but it's like climbing up a mountain while someone is at the top throwing boulders and grenades at you. It's...just not fun. <_<

Again, I'm just curious, when was the last time a good Lucario has beaten a good Snake in tourney? Because I honestly cannot recall any recent time. <_<

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
my counter example- when is the last time a good lucario played a good snake outside of trela/lee vs razer? it should also be expected for razer to know that matchup much better then other snakes cause he playes against some pretty good ones often

Zucco

Smash Master
I beat fatal a few months back, and on the same day I beat and also lost to bizkit lol.

edit: I was also GETTING ***** 3rd game by like a full stock and 70% and I still won so its not impossible to win if you are in that situation.

Top Bottom