• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AUGUST 15 - 16th - ROFA'S MIDWEST CIRCUIT EVENT - GONNA BE HYPE AS **** IN ANN ARBOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Personally I wouldn't have allowed Lain back in just to avoid conflict, but really...

It's not like top 8 with 4th seed in the hardest friggin' bracket so far in MW is easier to pull off than making it out of pools. He earned the placing he got as far as I'm concerned. Really, if the doubles tournament didn't go so late singles pools probably wouldn't have needed to eliminate, and they definitely wouldn't have been the upset-inducing 2-stock matches.
I wouldn't have let Lain into the brackets either; I would have given it to 5th seed. I'm not sure why that occured other than the fact that Lain is an idiot and stays downstairs to play friendlies when they're announcing the rules for pool play =P

Really it was just a judgement call by Vayseth; Lain claimed to be sandbagging pretty hard in pools thinking he was going to get in no matter what and while Lain isn't exactly a powerhouse, he's also not some random local that doesn't go to tournaments. While no one here looks at the situation and says "oh dude, that's totally cool", if you flip it around a bit and imagine that Vidjo, DSF, Bloodhawk, Anther, or Myself had been in this situation you would have to grudgingly admit that it makes the tournament better to let the better players in. If Lain fit the bill, it would probably work out best for the tournament.

lain

Smash Master
While I'm not an Anther, NOJ, Overswarm, DSF, or a Vidjo, I'm still better then everyone else besides you guys.

I hope that can be established.

: /

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
I wouldn't have let Lain into the brackets either; I would have given it to 5th seed. I'm not sure why that occured other than the fact that Lain is an idiot and stays downstairs to play friendlies when they're announcing the rules for pool play =P

Really it was just a judgement call by Vayseth; Lain claimed to be sandbagging pretty hard in pools thinking he was going to get in no matter what and while Lain isn't exactly a powerhouse, he's also not some random local that doesn't go to tournaments. While no one here looks at the situation and says "oh dude, that's totally cool", if you flip it around a bit and imagine that Vidjo, DSF, Bloodhawk, Anther, or Myself had been in this situation you would have to grudgingly admit that it makes the tournament better to let the better players in. If Lain fit the bill, it would probably work out best for the tournament.
I like lain hes a good guy and a good player. like i said earlier i'm not mad at lain or that he beat me. I'm mad that someone knocks people out of pools and then decides he dosen't want to play anymore screwing two people over. that would be like vidjo ****ing around in pools getting elminated then a 4th seed giving him his spot, and lets say he was playing you OS, im sure you would be angry at him for giving vidjo his spot due to the fact that he hates brawl. I just hope that lain dosent screw around in pools anymore.

I just got mindgamed and i couldn't get over it resulting in me getting eliminated fast and being mad.

While I'm not an Anther, NOJ, Overswarm, DSF, or a Vidjo, I'm still better then everyone else besides you guys.

Lain, thats just not true you look over alot of people who are on your level and who can beat you.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
To everyone *****ing about me getting top 8 despite not making it out of pools:

Shut the hell up. I'm better then you. Get over it.
Apparently not if you didn't make it out of pools. :confused: Should've been upstairs for the rules and shouldn't have screwed off, no johns man.

That said...

[lain] earned the placing he got as far as I'm concerned.
Hey, you played and you won. How you got in is irrelevant after the fact, so good work doing what you had to do to place well, I suppose.

Vayseth

Smash Master
About Lain:
Solon wasn't going to give up his spot unless someone paid his entry fee. He wanted to drop, but didn't want to just give up his entry fee since he already played a pool match. I went to every 5th seed with a super close ranking to the 4th seed and asked if they wanted to play for Solon's spot (the winner would pay solon his entry fee back) and Lain was the only one who would do it. If no one was going to pay him his money, he would have stayed in.

I will most likely never do this again, but it was an extreme circumstance, I was tired, and the brackets hadn't even been made yet so I was basically just "yeah, whatever, do it." I mean, I'll quote DSF here. When I asked him what he thought of the tournament he replied:

DSF said:
I would have said the tournament sucked if I lost, due to the stupid stages and whatnot, but I won, so it was fun.
If Omniswell would have beaten Lain, no one would have been upset and we'd all make fun of Lain a lot more. Lain feels bad for what happened and talked to me about it and Omniswell was... "okay" with it. Lain did have the hardest pool by far (With Sliq, NoJ... I don't remember XD) but when it came down to it, it was Sliq or Lain who was going out and I'd hate to see either not make it into brackets.

Moral of the story is, next time, I will give it to the 5th seed of the dropping player's pool (move every person up a rank) instead and avoid this. I'm sorry to Omniswell, Lain, and everyone else for this, but I thought Omniswell was going to beat Lain so it wasn't even going to matter. Plus, with all the trash talking going on between them, I thought it would be a hype match. All that happened was Omniswell was mad and Lain felt bad.

Omni- No Johns
Lain- STOP ****ING UP.

Moar l8r (DSF, Anther, TheMann, and NoJ are still playing Smash with me here, and we all saw Tropic Thunder together. TOOOOO GOOD).

Vayseth

Smash Master
By the way, NoJ is the best player in the world. He didn't want to beat up on DSF since it would make the West Coast look bad. He beat everyone else in MMs (EVERYONE THERE) and when the money was REALLY on the line, NoJ always came out on top. He's pretty much unstoppable when he's not letting people win in tournament only to take their money in MMs later. WHAT MINDGAMEZ.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
About Lain:
Solon wasn't going to give up his spot unless someone paid his entry fee. He wanted to drop, but didn't want to just give up his entry fee since he already played a pool match. I went to every 5th seed with a super close ranking to the 4th seed and asked if they wanted to play for Solon's spot (the winner would pay solon his entry fee back) and Lain was the only one who would do it. If no one was going to pay him his money, he would have stayed in.

I will most likely never do this again, but it was an extreme circumstance, I was tired, and the brackets hadn't even been made yet so I was basically just "yeah, whatever, do it." I mean, I'll quote DSF here. When I asked him what he thought of the tournament he replied:

If Omniswell would have beaten Lain, no one would have been upset and we'd all make fun of Lain a lot more. Lain feels bad for what happened and talked to me about it and Omniswell was... "okay" with it. Lain did have the hardest pool by far (With Sliq, NoJ... I don't remember XD) but when it came down to it, it was Sliq or Lain who was going out and I'd hate to see either not make it into brackets.

Moral of the story is, next time, I will give it to the 5th seed of the dropping player's pool (move every person up a rank) instead and avoid this. I'm sorry to Omniswell, Lain, and everyone else for this, but I thought Omniswell was going to beat Lain so it wasn't even going to matter. Plus, with all the trash talking going on between them, I thought it would be a hype match. All that happened was Omniswell was mad and Lain felt bad.

Omni- No Johns
Lain- STOP ****ING UP.

Moar l8r (DSF, Anther, TheMann, and NoJ are still playing Smash with me here, and we all saw Tropic Thunder together. TOOOOO GOOD).
there wasent any trash talk bewtween us just lain talking me down and me getting mad. I'll remain in the shadows until people realize what i can do and who i beat. i was really confused when i had to play lain. i wasent mad at lain but at solon. NO JOHNS I GOT MINDGAMED I LOST WHOOP DEE DOO SEE YOU ALL AT THE NEXT CIRCUIT EVENT/TOURNEY

Lol at being in the hospital again :laugh:

Edit: vidjo next time we play we need to finish our set 1-1 isint satisfaction for me

lain

Smash Master
no, I 2-0'ed sliq cause I actually wanted to beat him, and cause I don't suck at this game.

sliq is **** though. beating that scrub NOJ LOLLLL

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
overall it was good **** i beat vidjo in friendlies got mad had fun with NtherZ beat bloodhawk in some friendlies then shortly after got beat by bloodhawk and Vidjo. then i beat bloodhawk again then he beat me (loop this for like 10 more matches) PLayed DSf a bunch and Learnd soo much about MK, made fun of lain cause hes sexy :-p joked around with Scifi guy and Kel went back to being mad played a few games with sliq beat him up in some wolf dittos ;) got ***** with Ic's vs jiggs then went home. and now am in the hospital again cause i suck at life :( i typed htis because i cant sleep and am bored :(

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
well You coulda seeing how u were playing at the tv right next to mine

seeing how downstairs i was doing friendlies and you was right there

seeing how when u was coming back from getting food u walked right by me and my boy

dude but wateva

Now u making sound like u would win the money match when before u was like "i shouldnt win"

but wateva

TO EVERYONE

DONT TALK **** ON THE BOARDS IF YOUR NOT GONNA TALK **** TO SOMEONES FACE OFF THE BOARD
I really shouldn't.

But it's silly, that whenever anyone points out your idiocy you try to pass it off as a joke, but I guess you don't like people messin' around for not serious either.

Still, if you saw me and noticed me, you shoulda said something. I'm free money, remember?

-_-

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
**** omni, again? well get out soon man, Jcav's shooting for this weekend.

By the way, never really thanked Vay and Panda, for housing us (although 'twas only because i was with omni, but either way)and it was a great tourney Vay, you put alot of work into it.

And thanks to everyone who played me, first time at a major event and i felt pretty welcome.

Blood Hawk - you're incredible. I got destroyed, I didn't stand a chance against that thing.

Sliq - Sorry I didn't give you the most serious of matches (being carried away by an arwing... lol) but I wasn't so sure I could beat you anyways, and then the thought of having to play anther or kel had i lost that was pretty despressing.

Ah well, I'm hoping I can come to a few more of these if i can (i got *****ed the hell out for getting home at 5am) plus high school and whatnot.

And Lain *gloats about sig* Nah you're better then I am for sure. You coulda IC wrecked me had you wanted to.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I think everyone should beat Lain in a dollar MM and scan it for their signature. The plan would be for everyone in the MW to have a Lain dollar as their signature.

Cincinnati DEMOLISHED teams. We 3 stocked the other crews in a 10 stock crew battle.

Exactly, and Minoriteam FTW

Kel

Smash Master

You are, in fact, NOT better than me sir.

My pool was pretty stacked too. Scifiguy, Me, Kyari, Chewy, and Scotu

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Obligatory shoutouts:

DSF - I gave Lain the box.
Anther - Keep the hair going, man.
Needles - Why do the other G&W players suck against Jiggs, but you ****?
Bloohawk - Maybe next I won't kill your partner in 2v1 then rollout off the stage. I think I was just too scared to fight you.
Kel - Good stuff, next time I'll won't miss rest opportnities against Marth. I wished you had gone Sonic. :(
Lain - I BEAT YO' PIKACHU. I mean, G&W too, but mainly Pikachu. Also, screw 75m.
Mann - You were awesome to watch.
OS - Shame I never got to play you in singles. We all just had a secret agreement that non-metaknight people couldn't play you.
Chewy - Your DeDeDe spacing ***** me. Well, that and missing rests.
Infern - Screw Aether. Screw it.
Samarai Panda - I wish I got to play you more, your matches were easily some of the best to watch.
Smash64 - You make me think Corneria should always be banned.
Rofa - Great tourney. I think my friend should be stopping by to get get that Calculus book he randomly left in like, 2 hours.
Ripple - You know that thing? You can drop-cancel it and repeat it up to three times in place, and do neutral-B or aerials out of it. MINDGAME'N.
Sliq - MURDER MADNESS.
Mr. E - We should team or something sometime.
JGALT - Wait, who is John Galt?

Thanks for the awesome tourney everyone.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
well not too bad, he spammed a lot of tornados which i somehow didnt feel the need to dair. and dsmashed a lot. but it was alright, he beat me. even when i had the lead and kept dairing into every one of his tilts, upb's, and smashes.

but yea i didnt kno that was ur brother lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Thinkaman - I saw someone named Danithak using the JGALT tag, I think... I dunno. Thanks for the information on the rapid jabs, btw.

Vayseth - BRACKETS. OR TIO FILE. You don't need to upload it to AiB, since you can't and only Rofa can, but I need those brackets.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
I really shouldn't.

But it's silly, that whenever anyone points out your idiocy you try to pass it off as a joke, but I guess you don't like people messin' around for not serious either.

Still, if you saw me and noticed me, you shoulda said something. I'm free money, remember?

-_-
I told yo lame *** I had nothing to the say to you....If u wanted to mm me I said to come to me and let me kno wat you were trynna do.

No point of arguing..... so

I guess i do pass my idiocy as a joke by poking fun at the fact that your a quiet b****

Its all good doe

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Jesus, for all your "confidence" you're more insecure than lain. If I said here I wanted to MM you I definitely wouldn't have backed out when I got there, because I'm not that kind of person. I don't even remember what you look like, for all I know I really did stare straight at you thinking "where the hell is DBS?"

You didn't tell me anything at Rofa's place. ;_;

TheMann

Smash Ace
i need a main, anyone wanna help me out?
Dope use that Snake man, u got a nice one. And you know what ur doing with the nades.

Anyways this was a super fun tourney. Glad to see all the old faces and new. After the tourney Me, Anther, Panda, NOJ, DSF, and Vayseth all chilled and DSF had us playing confusing games like the realm :dizzy: lol. I actually just got home at 5am.

But yea tournament 2 fun
Brawl 2 fun
Smashers 2 fun
Weegee 2 good

Can't wait to play everybody again.

lain

Smash Master
Lol JKBUK.

You're a pretty good G&W. I was surprised, cause most G&W's I see are complete garbage. You definitely know him fairly well, but I think you just lack experience.

If you had that, we'd all be *****.

and yes I was sandbagging XDDD

:colorful:

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master

this statement is false.... for it assumes that lain > trail....

and there are just so many things wrong with such a statement...

prepare for the pwnage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom