• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Hmm thats a shame :/
How about Robinhood?
Haven't seen him for awhile.

Also could somebody link me to his post about painting controllers? I've been looking for it for awhile, but I can't seem to find it :s

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I'm still here = D might dive back into Pika but for now messing with Samus.

As for painting controllers, it's pretty simple. Take the controller apart and wash the front and back face plates with dish washing liquid(this will help the paint adhere better).

Next step, head on over to Walmart and pickup some Krylon Fusion White Paint as a primer for lighter colors or Black Krylon Fusion for darker colors. MUST BE KRYLON FUSION!!! It seems to work the best IMO. Then choose your base colors(I recommend Krylon Fusion for this as well)

Use tooth picks to hold up the front face plate while painting. Insert the four toothpicks into the screw holes to hold it up.

Apply each coat of paint about 15 - 30 minutes apart. My magic number is about 3 - 4 coats of color(not including the prime coat) and about 5 coats of finish.

The finish you're going to use is also Krylon Fusion, it's called Krylon Fusion clear coat.

My results:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
ah ok, would you recommend the same kind of paints for the buttons?
Right now my controller has a white face plate and a clear back (I intend to keep the clear back clear)

I'm going to Paint my own logo onto the front face (however, I'm going to be using an old purple face for the first time) and then I'm going to paint each button a kind of shiny black/dark gray. I've also swapped the analog stick and Cstick with black wiimote nun chuck sticks, so its gonna look pretty boss if I do it correctly.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
^ I couldn't have said it better

I feel like this world needs more baller :3

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I don't paint buttons because I tried it once and f**cked up lol. Thanks for the feedback guys, haven't painted a controller in a while, not since I get my white play asia tourney worthy controller. Also, try to use more clear coat finish on high activity areas of the controller.

For me that's my right side of the controller. It took about 4 months of casual play (2 - 3 times a week) before the paint starting coming off of my Yoshi themed controller. And I should have applied more finish coats anyway. Would have gave it about another month life span.

Painted controllers work best in the winter time!!!! So I might considering waiting til the fall to do so. The heat makes the paint weaker. Or just play in a really cool place, A/C, basement, etc.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yo white controllers are hella overrated.
The cord is so long that it gets annoying and the buttons are stiff as a ****.
Its also super hard to break them in.
I switched the guts of my white controller with an old purple one because I liked the shell though :3

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I'd make it Pika themed no doubt. I'd probably ship it if anything, avoid the 2,350 mi. trip to Arizona lol

I'll see if I can find any spare back and front plates lying around. I'd just ship you the plates. Or on a spare board(probably broken) just to hold the controller together, then you could unscrew the plates and put it on your controller of choice. A bit busy atm but it just so happens I have black, yellow, and red paints which is perfect for Pika lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
I'd make it Pika themed no doubt. I'd probably ship it if anything, avoid the 2,350 mi. trip to Arizona lol

I'll see if I can find any spare back and front plates lying around. I'd just ship you the plates. Or on a spare board(probably broken) just to hold the controller together, then you could unscrew the plates and put it on your controller of choice. A bit busy atm but it just so happens I have black, yellow, and red paints which is perfect for Pika lol
Omg that would be so EPIC!!!! Omg please yes yes yes lol.

If by chance you had any blue, that would be awesome too ^^ Blue's my favorite color lol (like the shade of Pikachu's blue hat).

I would go so freakin crazy for this lol

dkuo

Smash Lord
So I was testing CC percentages on Pikachu today out of curiosity and only realized now that against some common approaches you'll actually be in hitstun at very low %'s...it's not until like ~%10 or something do you start CC'ing without stun.

2 years of not knowing this...I feel like a fool :glare:

Bigglestheman

Smash Apprentice
I don't paint buttons because I tried it once and f**cked up lol. Thanks for the feedback guys, haven't painted a controller in a while, not since I get my white play asia tourney worthy controller. Also, try to use more clear coat finish on high activity areas of the controller.

For me that's my right side of the controller. It took about 4 months of casual play (2 - 3 times a week) before the paint starting coming off of my Yoshi themed controller. And I should have applied more finish coats anyway. Would have gave it about another month life span.

Painted controllers work best in the winter time!!!! So I might considering waiting til the fall to do so. The heat makes the paint weaker. Or just play in a really cool place, A/C, basement, etc.
If it didn't have limited lifetime, you could start a fancy product (Still could start one just limited lifetime is no fun). Still awesome though.

AXE 09

Smash Master
So I just learned that jab -> Ftilt is a true combo against Fox at 350% if he's against a wall. That's 1 way to end your rapid jab combo lol.

Rapid jab until he's at about 350% -> Ftilt

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Axe would that work with pichu as well?
Iirc their jabs are like... The same.
And I think pichu's ftilt may come out faster, but I'm not sure.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Axe are you learning YL so you can play him vs HBox?
Actually no, I'm just playing him cuz he's fun as heck lol. I freakin love this little guy :D

He conveniently does well against Peach/Puff though, which are my 2 hardest matchups (and possibly IC's)

But to get my YL good enough to take on Hbox/Armada... yeah I don't ever see that happening lol. YL is like my 4th or 5th best character right now. And I play way too much of an aggressive style, cuz I refuse to camp. That's boring. I'm just having fun lol.

And to .vanir: I have no idea. I would imagine it works for him too though

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Actually no, I'm just playing him cuz he's fun as heck lol. I freakin love this little guy :D

He conveniently does well against Peach/Puff though, which are my 2 hardest matchups (and possibly IC's)

But to get my YL good enough to take on Hbox/Armada... yeah I don't ever see that happening lol. YL is like my 4th or 5th best character right now. And I play way too much of an aggressive style, cuz I refuse to camp. That's boring. I'm just having fun lol.

And to .vanir: I have no idea. I would imagine it works for him too though

:phone:
Well if you truly wanted to beat them, you would abandon your preferences and kill them. =P

dkuo

Smash Lord
man, those dair edgeguards are ballsy. i always use nair in place of dair there since dair gives marth more time to upb you without trading...but i suppose dair works better in knockback/shouldnt be hard if you start it early

good luck at fc dude :)

edit: lately im having a lot of trouble balancing my offense/defense with pikachu (especially in tourney when im nervous) it's like...if i just run in and barrage with nairs or something itll be extremely predictable but if i dont approach with enough aggressiveness im giving my opponent way too much time to think and prepare themselves against an attack. i think...during neutral game i tend to dashdance really far from my opponent because im worried of literally any approach they may take. as long as i learn to tighten my spacing i think ill make it easier for me to balance my offense/defense. also i tend to do an extremely tight dashdance so i think i should loosen up my dd distance a little.

also, ive been trying to change my pika playstyle lately...ive forgotten how useful dsmash is :D

edit 2: badly phrased^ its more that im very uncomfortable in approaching in general until i know i have an opening and this itself gives opponents many opportunities to bait an approach. i should play off risk/reward and stop being scared <_<

(er don't worry about this, just writing notes for myself lol)

Top Bottom