• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

Bing

Smash Master
LOL I saw Odin post and I forgot this was the Pikachu boards. I thought you ment Roy lmfao XD

Okay that sounds a little more legit, but I wouldnt count on it, might be fun to break out once and awhile but risky especially because its a spacie lol.. plus odds of you actually getting them to like 200% is unlikely.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Maybe it was just bad DI but sometimes I found a uair oos leading to another uair would often lead into a thunder sending Peach off the top of the stage. It sort of reminded me of Falco shining oos into another shine and finishing with his up-B.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
you can chase people in the air with thunder and be decently safe if you miss...so it's doable i think as long as you chain uairs (which is pretty easy even against good di) but hitting with thunder is pretty hard thanks to peach's air mobility

soju

SD God
:I i havent been on the boards forever, due to me going to boot camp in 9 days, no idea whats happening in the melee world now XD should be back after basic training though

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Axe is like the best guardian ever, I can always recover because the opponents are scared to go off-stage when there's Pika on the ledge. It's too good.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I dont know about the Pika to the chus but I certainly am.. also teaming with the Hungrybox. Im going to need it if I want to beat PP and Mango!

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
I might have gone if time and money permitted but I'm in Taiwan for some silly class I sort of regret signing up for...zzz

Good luck guys :)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Homies got to respect something like this step aside and let the magic happen. I atm am not even a big fan of teams but dam your team is to good/fun not to watch (i wrote atm b/c i am working on my teams game a little and maybe i will start liking it in the future)

:phone:

N64

Smash Champion
I'm going to try to make it to FC. I really want to go, but we'll see if it works out.
If I make it, it will probably be my last tourney.

Lookin forward to seeing you and Kage owning teams though, Axe.

Bing

Smash Master
I dropped teams and gave HIV+ to UltimaScout. Im really inconsistent in teams, I either do really well or really ****, and I was feeling the **** day.

Sorry guys, I know you would have loved some Pika representation

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Pika works very well in teams.
He's good both as a support character and as a more aggro character.
He's really good at getting kills (if you know how to kill with him) and he's really good at assisting his partner.
he's got beast teams combos.
and gimps are super easy to set up.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Gimps are only easy to setup if you have a friend that have strong knockback attacks and can send opponents off-stage quickly. For Pika, definitely someone like Falcon or Ganon works good. Having 2 damage dealers like Fox/Falco with Pika is like almost doing the same roles together which isnt optimal. It definitely can work of course.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Pika/Pichu + Fox/Falco can work pretty well, but Pika/Pichu generally work more as a support character in that team. I find myself more playing around the spacey's needs then. but that team definitely works, as it's my usual team.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Doesn't he pretty much always play support? It's just the problem of Fox/Falco landing KOs is pretty hard in teams which is why it isn't as good.

N64

Smash Champion
I like pika + fox/falco simply because of the mobility advantage. It's so easy at any time one of them is free to just run over and double-team an opponent. Pika also can help with fox/falco's somewhat susceptible recovery. Can be risky for an opponent to use anything that has some lag to it against that team. etc.

No comment on it being better than Pika/Ganon or Pika/Falcon, which i think are also two strong pairings.

Edit: I generally think for most teams what Pikachu likes in a partner is someone who does damage. Pikachu is good at tripping people up with uair, dsmash, quick nairs, etc. He's also decent at grabbing kills with usmash and his above-average edgeguarding abilities. He is not good at doing damage though, so it generally works best if he can get in and trip up the opponent to put them in a bad position (in the air, forced to tech, stuff like that) where his partner can then land a solid hit or quick damaging combo. This gets them to where Pika (or his partner) can then KO.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
i had trouble short hopping for shffl with pika for the longest time, so id say you should shffl until it becomes 2nd nature. practice empty shffl, shffl on opponent, and shffl on shield (turn on starman to practice this) until you don't miss the l-cancel timing. you could also do s2j's shffl practice which is to play against 3 ics to practice l-cancel timing...lol

learn & practice hitting with the uair hitboxes until you have a good handle on it. this is vital for edgeguarding. see here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311185 (also lots of other useful info)

umm what else...play against others a lot! focus on practicing comboing into strong finishers/edgeguard setups. practice your offstage edgeguarding as much as possible!

welcome to smashboards btw. you picked the best character :D

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
SHFFLing with Pika isn't the hardest thing to learn, Pichu, on the other hand.... spent like over a month learning that ****.

on a side note: what ever happened to soju?

Top Bottom