• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
imo PS1 is a pretty good gw stage.
you can plank pretty good on the ledges, and all the different platforms with each transformation are good too.
not to mention the neutral part of PS1 is like BF without that platform at the top of the stage which i generally don't like sometimes.

tbh if PS1 is a neutral and bf gets striked, it is your next best choice.
but if PS1 is a CP, you have better CPs to choose from.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i don't like ps 1
the blastzones both vertically and horizontally are too close lol

too uncomfortable to play thar x_x
its an okay stage for G&W tho

tho it's a good stage against G&W for heavy hitters like ike,bowser,snake,DK? lol,
good for olitard too :p

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
no,game and watch does not have a dacus
but his glidetoss does go pretty far ,which can lead into smashes lol

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
who's the best game and watch player in the world

nvm I found the answer

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I remember once fighting a MK who only uses tornado.. And I've seen players struggle with other players whom only uses.. tornado.. Do you guys know a good way to get around that? Where would you take one of these and what tactical could you do? Please and thanks,g aiz~!

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
"MK can never effectively use B moves against G&W"

Aside from grounded Shuttle Loop you mean. Aerial, not really a threat, but grounded is hard to answer to. I mean, you obviously can get around it, and this doesn't invalidate your point at all, I'm just noting that MK can do that safely most of the time :p

Tornados, however, are totally unsafe versus us in most all situations. Be glad he's tornado-ing you.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
That's weird. If you click the link in BANHAMMER's quoted post, it doesn't work, but if you click the link in my original post it does.

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
Whats a good character to use for low tier doubles/singles for a G&W main? Right now im thinking about using Lucas. I was just wondering what the best option would be or who other G&W mains use for low tier.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
for low tier i use Bowser/Zelda. (more bowser, zelda is like for Samus only xD)
plus I 2nd bowser sometimes when i get bored vs Snakes.

i'm mad, i just lost my blackberry. ):

Splice

Smash Hero
I used to like Mario for low tiers, because he sort of feels similair to GaW,
But now I like Jigglypuff because she is floaty like GaW, plus I can camp and plank better with her than other low tiers.

Reapereater

Smash Cadet
I'm a luigi main, but once I first started playing as G&W , he seemed easy. Now some questions since I'm new here.

Questions: I use Uair a lot when I'm up in the air, is that okay or should I use something else? I use Fair as my killing move, what other thing can I use besides that and the btilt as my killing move? Whenever I use move attack it always seem to get stuck for awhile, but I think it's my controller, how can I fix that?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
move attack o.O?btilt? lol
clarify plz=/

in singles, uair is usually used to pressure your opponent into more aerials like nair,bair,or fair
it's not that easy to lure your opponents tho

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Maybe he means dash attack?

In terms of killing, G&W's smashes are extremely strong. Fair is good, ftilt (if that's what you mean by btilt) maybe, but I use that very rarely so I can't comment.

izzy24

Smash Ace
i dont know if u didnt know this UTD but if you're IN the tornado u can DI up and upair and the MK will also pop-up, i didnt see it in the vid but if u DI it right it works too

Reapereater

Smash Cadet
move attack o.O?btilt? lol
clarify plz=/

in singles, uair is usually used to pressure your opponent into more aerials like nair,bair,or fair
it's not that easy to lure your opponents tho
Move attack was a typo. I meant the bug spray like if i press A 3 times it hit longer than normal. Lol what I mean by btilt is forward b which is hammer. and what do you mean it isn't easy to lure your opponents?

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
So I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on the ROB and Diddy matchup, falco would be nice to.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
Yes I am new to the boards.

I realized after I posted that, that most people here have probably already read those threads and you were probably looking for additional tips on the matchup.

That was a noob mistake by me and im still trying to learn the boards. Sorry about that.

Lightning Tiger

Smash Apprentice
Nair and PS on ROB=****.
Watch out for his nair. and you should definetly juggle with up air.

and when they do their Up B. its free judgement if you make it.
Because they cannot air dodge.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Yes I am new to the boards.

I realized after I posted that, that most people here have probably already read those threads and you were probably looking for additional tips on the matchup.

That was a noob mistake by me and im still trying to learn the boards. Sorry about that.
no worries dude. I only read the falco one honestly. We were all new at one point. I joined smashboards awhile ago but I decided on maining G&W like two months ago, he was always a second though.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
Since we are on matchup discussions...how about D3?

I mainly play against a D3 player and a Lucas/Ness/TLink player. The D3 player is an excellent Dedede and recently I have started playing GnW because he could 3 stock my GDorf with no problems.

What tips can you give me on approaching/launching D3? Right now I find that a FH Bair is not punishable by D3's ftilt if properly spaced, but I am still having problems getting him in the air. The match consists of him rolling around the stage and shielding my bairs (never more than one in a row because he knows they decimate shields), but he plays a good enough turtle that he just waits for me to mess up and usually gets a good 30% on me before I can get control back.

damaro7

Smash Rookie
I dont know how known this is but GAW can go under the platform of smashville very easily and make it to the other side. I am vey close at battlefield. Ive never seen it in the threads so i was wondering if it was known or if its new news.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
So idk if we still have a video review thread buttt yeah,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=birX5E9-gzY

Dont know the olimar matchup, sandbagging friendlie, yatta yatta yatta. any tips on the matchup?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225812
there it is.
anyways

you need to dtilt and nair camp more. they bounce olimars pikmins off as he throws them to you. also UP-B removes 99% of all the pikmins you got on you. keep olimar in the air, combos are pretty much the same as everyone else. g&w's grab game is good here, throwing him to the sides or up, instead of down. especially when you know hes gunna tech. always try to gimp him. a good aerial offstage is pretty much death for him.

Denti

Smash Master
I have a question!

so i main olimar and im really REALLY attracted to the MU numbers that are GaW adv

peach 65-35
rob 65-35
luigi 70-30
falco 60-40
ness 70-30

im would like to get serious with GaW and i was wondering if there could be any pointers you could give me that you wish you would have been given when starting GaW. that is all

Top Bottom