• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Do any of you have any Falco tips? I have a hard time against his laser game (okay, my matches are online on which it's harder to powershield but eh).

Lightning Tiger

Smash Apprentice
Crouch. Bucket. D tilt. Try force him to approach.
F smash, D tilt, F tilt will all stop his phantasm if the hitbox is out.
Airdodge through his side b and u can punish easily. its quite laggy.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Hey that rob help actually worked. I played the rob that 2 stocks me. and I beat him in a set.

Lightning Tiger

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I need some help w/ the Sheik MU
crouch under needle spam.
Bair should outrange just about everything.
Be able to PS her DACUS. or dodge.
or even better f smash when u expect it.
Looks incredibly stupid when they dacus into a f smash.
Juggle with nair. Up air to stall . Nair to punish shiek's dair.
shieks dair is extremely laggy. Get under bait it. Punish hard. (judgement?)

WATCH OUT FOR CHAIN AND F TILT.
use bacon. go over them and dair/bair.

scroll down to shiek http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174763

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Help!

I need videos demonstrating that Chef is a good projectile. Preferably ones showing Chef being used as an edge guard tactic (hit the opponent off the stage and spill bacon in his path as he tries to recover).

If you know of any, please post. Thanks =)

Icyo

Smash Ace
Why dost thou falleth when thou is attempting to jump on the right most edge on the map OF Yoshi's Island?!

kaak

Smash Journeyman
10) While hanging off of the right ledge of Yoshi's Island, pressing the jump button while under 100% damage will cancel the jump-from-ledge animation and cause G&W to fall down as if he just released from the ledge. This is very useful in that you are slightly above the stage after jumping, allowing you to stand up on stage from the ledge with shield or any attack. This also works on Pictochat, Distant Planet, and Corneria.

why?

i dont know just a fail of the engine?

Splice

Smash Hero
@ UTD
I have a Replay on my wii where i use chef as a jigglypuff recovers to the edge, one of the bacons hit jiggs right before he grabs the edge and i hyphen Usmash, killing him. I don't know how to send it to you or upload it, I don't have an SD card reader :p oh well

summa

Smash Rookie
so earlier today i was playing a level 9 lucas, and as he was recovering i jumped right over him and pulled out the bucket (which had 0 charges at the time) right as he was going to up B to recover. a bit later i went to bucket some other projectile and my bucket was full for some reason.

i think this sort of bug happens when his up-b is directly on a characters body, since i think i remember that if you air dodge his up b early and its inside the char at the end of the air dodge, it does more damage or something too.

anyways i was just wondering if anyone knew about this bug type thing, since i didnt see anything about it in the bucket thread and couldnt find a lucas matchup thread.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
its not a bug..o.O

Game and watches bucket absorbs Lucas' recovery
that blue string looking thing lol

same for ness

summa

Smash Rookie
sorry i probably didnt describe that really well, but what happened was absorbing lucas' up b once gave my bucket 3 charges.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
sorry i probably didnt describe that really well, but what happened was absorbing lucas' up b once gave my bucket 3 charges.
If G&W absorbs the ball of Lucas's UpB, he will only get 1 charge for the bucket. However, it's possible to absorb the tail of the ball and fill a bucket without absorbing the ball at all. You can get a full bucket and still have Lucas's UpB traveling around. The bucket filled with just the tail isn't nearly as strong as if it was filled with 3 balls.

Try this. Get a Lucas and a G&W to stand next to each other, about a G&W length apart. Have the Lucas use UpB and move it towards the G&W with is bucket already out. What should happen is that G&W gets two charges, one from the ball and one from the tail.

Whats better when smashed(either direction) to bucket or to dair?
I don't understand your question exactly. Are you asking "What attack should I used after being sent flying away from an attack?" then the answer is ALWAYS Nair -> Bucket. There are very rare cases when the Dair, and its fast downward pull, will save you better than the bucket. But these cases so rare it's not even worth learning. Plus the reaction time required to realize such a case, it just won't happen.

If you're still curious, it has to do with stages that have smaller ceilings. Stages with larger ceilings should always be momentum cancelled by the bucket. Always!

Splice

Smash Hero
Kirby, and another GaW, definitely.
ZSS and Jiggs as well possibly, but last time I tried it didnt work on a jiggs. I was confused.
I'd imagine just the lightest of characters would get hit by this.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
most of the light ones

and some other characters too but only when they're at high enough damage

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I need help on the diddy match up bad. One of my friends mains diddy and he got pretty decent with him. I used to be able to 2 stock him no problem but now He almost one stocks me or beats me every time. Anyone have any vids I can watch or any advice. Bananas just screw me up to much and so does his grab range.

DUB

Smash Lord
Would someone explain how the bucket interacts with all of Thunder & T-Jolt.

G&W can fill it if he is under a platform and Pika thunders?

Will filling the bucket up with aerial T-jolts alone produce the most knockback?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I doubt there's any matchup where PT does better than GW, plus it's not really worth the time to learn an extra three chars simply for a secondary.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
wario would be your best bet.
wario's an aerial beast like g&w.

on the other hand, PT does go even with Snake, but does hella bad vs Diddy and MK, and even worse vs Marth.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Snake would be the best secondary since he can handle GnW's hardest matchups

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
It depends on personal preference and ability.

If you can handle learning an entirely different character, go with snake.

If you want a character with at least a few similar characteristics, go with Wario.

It's such a ***** learning Snake if you're a G&W main. I'm accustomed to being able to aerial my way down to the ground safely. That's a lot harder to do with snake, and I always end up nairing and getting punished for it =/

NatP

Smash Ace
Id say that DK is the best secondary, atleast IMO. He has the tools to handle snake and marth, two of g&w's hardest matchups (I may just be saying this because I love both of this matchups). Of course you'll still have Diddy and Meta to worry about, but you'll have to worry about them with almost any character.

Top Bottom