• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Sorry for being that guy, but I haven't been catching up with the new techs.

What are the inputs for the new bDacus as compared to normal Dacus?

The Diddy infinite seems very inlogical to go for in a tournament match.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
have they had people try to SDI the lasers? especially the first one

i remember that infi. from a long time ago but i doubt i will ever grab diddy on a platform at 0% lol

Jon?

Smash Champion
I've seen someone CG a Diddy and instead of spiking him after the throw, he back threw them and they flopped onto a platform and thus, starting the platform infinite.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
This infinite also works on Pikachu und Toon Link.
@Jon?: Buffer a dash attack. I prefer dash + C-Stick up. Then the control Stick has to get in neutral position and you have to immidiately do C-Stick up again. All of this has to be done really fast.
@Orion: It's impossible to SDI the lasers.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
So you mean it's possible to get out of a laser lock by SDI'ing??
I don't think so. But if yes, I want to see a video :o

J4pu

Smash Champion
ok, so here's the thing, you'll get hit by some lasers, take some damage, but if you're intelligent you'll be able to SDI to get off the end of the platform.
I meant it's possible to escape the infinite, not cancel the LL itself. With good SDI you can move towards where the lasers are coming from so that Falco switching sides and shooting won't really keep it going any longer.
At least I've seen people able to SDI Jab locks backwards so I can only imagine you can also do it against LL's

Jon?

Smash Champion
Is there any known way to laser lock an opponent after the last Dthrow of your CG? Such as trying to f-tilt them into a flop after the throw?

Denzi

Smash Master
Is there any known way to laser lock an opponent after the last Dthrow of your CG? Such as trying to f-tilt them into a flop after the throw?
We've got the splat on Tlink, Pika, Diddy, and D3, but there's never any guaranteed setup because teching.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I heard of the splats on the characters you listed. I guess it's all DI dependent on the opponent's end.

I'm taking Falco as my secondary.

Oh if you don't know me, my name is BERK not berserker.

So any techs I need to know asides from CG and the fast fall auto laser thing? (SHDL?)

Jon?

Smash Champion
I see a lot of Falcos using Dair while above MK when coming back down to the stage. Is there a certain reason for this? Does Dair beat out his Uair and reduce knockback from shuttleloop?

@ambient: Falco isn't so hot in teams.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Dair often beats out shuttle loop. If not, Falco and MK usually trade hits but it does not beat out the uair.
Dair is also a better option than air dodge since mk always gets a free hit after the dodge. Also a lot of mks tend to wait for the airdodge. If that's the case dair is a good option.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Gonna have to give me more info. Haven't seen anything about that, but atm I'm slightly pleased by the sounds of it. =)

Question: Why is it "Ask a qusestion."?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You can buffer a dacus and it's epic. This gives diddy a broken *** dacus and for falco it means that the usmash hitbox is out earlier and actually makes it all safer.

sidecontroll + cstick up, neutralcontroll + cstick up (+Z and hold to charge if you want to), in buffer frames.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
weird input iunno, it just works.

the mechanics is that you release usmash hitbox earlier then by dacus (ya know, human reflexes)

for diddy its because his usmash must be cancelled 1 frame after dash attack started, but the game requires 1 still frame before it accepts the same action (attack(dash attack), attack(usmash) in this case), so it only works when buffered.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Is there another matchup where falling back onto the stage with Dair is safe? I know Dair can beat out Snake's Mortar.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Is there another matchup where falling back onto the stage with Dair is safe? I know Dair can beat out Snake's Mortar.
Most attacks can beat out the Mortar though.

Thanks Blub.

This BDacus seems quite difficult to me. Perhaps it's just because it's new or something.

yoichX

Smash Apprentice
I can only fire 4 bullets at a time whats up with that? like i fire and theres a pause o.o

J4pu

Smash Champion
assuming you mean grounded lasers (which should only be used for LLs) you either need to press faster so that you press the B button at least one time every 10 frames so that you will always be able to buffer the next laser, or you can figure out the timing pattern on when you need to press B to stay in sync with Falco's laser shooting.

It sucks that there's been no developments in Falco's game. I was hoping 3 months off would mean something to Falco.
About a dozen months and Falco has defended it's position at 4th on the tier list. I would call that a victory. We do not need any more developments. Falco is good enough. What needs to develop is our skills in playing as a smasher and as a falco main. If we accomplish that, falco will get more rep. That is the ultimate goal! People already want to ban MK, people say Snake is broken. Let us say that Falco is GAY!

{This motivation speech went a lot better in my head before I read it out loud. The gay thing kind of ruins it :urg:}

Top Bottom