• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

D1

Banned via Administration
>: (. I guess I worded everything incorrectly.

Can Lucario be CGed the same way Peaach is able to get CGed?

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I don't think you can chain grab lucario 3 times from running, either way it's better to walk.

D1 the combo I did on Shadow shouldn't have work. He not only had enough time to shield, but should've been able to d smash and a lot of other moves.

D1 the combo I did on Shadow shouldn't have work. He not only had enough time to shield, but should've been able to d smash and a lot of other moves.
If you think about it, people should be able to punish jab -> grab a lot, yet they do not. Jab -> Dash Attack should work on anyone we can get jab -> grab to work on. They pretty much have the same frame advantage. 6 frames to grab from standing, 7 frames for a dash attack (3 frames included in the start up of the intial dash before the dash attack starts).

Denzi

Smash Master
Is a buffered boost pivot grab out of a spot dodge a viable option in tournament play?

I suppose that all depends on what exactly you happen to be spotdodging. Marth's Dtilt: No. Ganon's Warlock punch: Yes. You get the idea.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Here's a tip that I learned from tournaments. Don't just do boost pivot grabs to look flashy. I only use boost pivot grabs to just extend chain grabs at ledges or on platforms.

Here's a tip that I learned from tournaments. Don't just do boost pivot grabs to look flashy. I only use boost pivot grabs to just extend chain grabs at ledges or on platforms.
You know how sometimes you dash away for spacing. Wouldn't adding a boost pivot grab to that make your dashing away even safer considering the fact pivot grabs have such large extended range.Or... you could just stick with shield canceling. That would work just as safely.

J4pu

Smash Champion
well unless they're following closely behind you while you're dashing away all you're doing is giving them an opening

BPG has it's uses other than turning a CG around, but you definitely don't want to spam it or use it as your only method of getting a grab.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Anyone care to explain any significant uses of BPG outside of turning a CG around?

I thought using a regular pivot grab while running away since provides a bigger grab range.

clowsui

Smash Legend
punishes shield at the same time doing cross up option

it's really cool because it's a good mind**** and creates opening for regular dash grab or makes them spotdodge

PurpleTop

Smash Cadet
Lazy guy here. I have not read the whole thread, or researched much on this, but what is the best tactic for lazar spamming. I have seen some good ones in online play, but i can never figure out how to spam Falco's lazar effectively. please help.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Only use aerial lasers so you have no landing lag.

Short-hop double-lasers, short-hop single lasers, ledge hop double lasers, etc. are your friends.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Exception to that rule is ground laserlock btw.

Can't LASERLOCK with SHL, although it'd be funny if you could.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think we should make a grounded laser guide, lol.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Hey guys. Just wanted your opinions. Well alot of my friends thinks falco sucks "as a character" and think hes "gay". I'll just have to prove them wrong and all but do u think you know whats causing this? Btw some of them haven't even fought my falco but they feel this way.

Denzi

Smash Master
Hey guys. Just wanted your opinions. Well alot of my friends thinks falco sucks "as a character" and think hes "gay". I'll just have to prove them wrong and all but do u think you know whats causing this? Btw some of them haven't even fought my falco but they feel this way.
CG > Spike + Laser/Phantasm camping = pretty "gay".

swordsaint

Smash Master
Grounded lasers are good on people who are trying too hard to power shield through your lasers, and just generally as a mix up after a shdl/shl.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Grounded lasers are good on people who are trying too hard to power shield through your lasers, and just generally as a mix up after a shdl/shl.
So I see unpredictablity in the style of camp is also another thing that makes Falco annoying to fight.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Falco's really annoying to fight against, but in the end, when you're the one using him it's just funny. IMO he'd be the best in the game with a recovery like MK's. Maybe just a little bit of extra weight too.

I have a question. I thought of an effective way to deal with MK's in rulesets that have a ledge grab rule. I don't care whether it's been thought up before, but here it is: Timing out MK regardless of the fact we are losing. The idea is, to FORCE him over the ledge grab limit.

My question is, are there any effective ways Falco can force MK on to a ledge, OR at the very least keep him there once MK finds the ledge?

Jon?

Smash Champion
Hey guys, the tournament I'm helping host is using the MLG lol ruleset. In most of the cases, I will be higher seed. Which 3 stages would you guys strike off the neutrals in the beginning.

My question is, are there any effective ways Falco can force MK on to a ledge, OR at the very least keep him there once MK finds the ledge?
Hmm.... All I can think of is keep about a rolls distance away from the ledge and SHL/SHDL. MK has really poor mobility from the ledge. At that distance you can see anything he does. Besides, couldn't an MK simply glide underneath most stages to stall you out and stay under the grab limit.

Stick with getting the percent lead the whole match, it's still the safest route.

swordsaint

Smash Master
This is all about having that reassurance that there's still a chance to win, if MK get's that lead. Eryth, if they glide under the stage repeatedly. They'll be forced to grab the ledge on the other side, and our IAP should be quick enough to get us there at that rolls distance, to spam more lasers, and keep them there.

Obviously this idea isn't about going for the time out all the time, and not caring about your damage. It's just another option to beat MK, when we think we're having trouble.

Hey guys, the tournament I'm helping host is using the MLG lol ruleset. In most of the cases, I will be higher seed. Which 3 stages would you guys strike off the neutrals in the beginning.
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi’s Island

These are Falco's worst stages out of all of the neutrals. I would recommend banning those first. However, YI is great for making sure you do not get stalled out by MK through the use of gliding.
~~~~~~~
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd

I would strike these stages next. Which ones first depend upon the match up. For obvious reasons, against a snake would be Halberd, against MK it would be Delfino Plaza, etc.
~~~~~~~
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville

Never strike these stages. They are by far his best stages.

I guess in most cases I would strike Halberd, YI and Lylat Cruise. I just simply prefer Castle Seige and Delfino. Castle Seige is fairly easy to get spacing when you need it. Also, Delfino promotes a lot of camping areas which falco likes I think. Really, I think Delfino is a really good Falco stage, but others probably jsut do better on it.

This is all about having that reassurance that there's still a chance to win, if MK get's that lead. Eryth, if they glide under the stage repeatedly. They'll be forced to grab the ledge on the other side, and our IAP should be quick enough to get us there at that rolls distance, to spam more lasers, and keep them there.

Obviously this idea isn't about going for the time out all the time, and not caring about your damage. It's just another option to beat MK, when we think we're having trouble.
Well, it sounded like you were saying to win by beating MK through the usage of edge grab limit, which by MK gliding under the stage he prolongs how many times he grabs the ledge. I mean, if you are already a good way into the match with limited grabs already used, then it's not that difficult to eat through a good chunk of time through simply gliding underneath the stage and possibly time you out without having to grab ledges.

SV is probably the worst stage for falco with the whole gliding thing. When the platform goes over the ledge MK can fall through and glide with using minimal jumps, and pop up on the other side just as the platform reaches that side too.

Although, I guess I missed what you meant.

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
I have three Questions:

1. Does anyone know of a way to skip the game's opening cinematic and not wait the 30 seconds it takes to load... preferably without hacking?

2. Is there anyway of changing the DEFAULT controller setting, so that you can create new names and they use the different setting automatically?

3. Is there a way to increase your online friend limit from 64, hacking or not...? please be specific

@Swordsaint: I'd pick SV against MK because if I picked BF, it would probably be worse. At least on SV, I have space to run, and MK does not unless I give him the percent lead in which case I might see gliding junk.

I have three Questions:

1. Does anyone know of a way to skip the game's opening cinematic and not wait the 30 seconds it takes to load... preferably without hacking?

2. Is there anyway of changing the DEFAULT controller setting, so that you can create new names and they use the different setting automatically?

3. Is there a way to increase your online friend limit from 64, hacking or not...? please be specific
I'm a bit suspecious of this post since it seems so obvious the answers, but anyway. . .

1. No, it takes the game 20 seconds to load before getting to the opening movie (which can be skipped by pressing pretty much B, A or start), and start playing.

2. There is, but I'll need the menu in front of me in order to explain where to go.

3. No.

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
Thanks Eryth...

Re-asking this question for a specific answer or walk through

Is there anyway of changing the DEFAULT controller setting, so that you can create new names and they use the different controller setting automatically?

Is there anyway of changing the DEFAULT controller setting, so that you can create new names and they use the different controller setting automatically?
Go into "group" option from the screen with options, solo, data, etc. After that select "Names". This is where you generate a name. Make up a name or something. After that go to "Options". From there select, "Controls". Select the name you had previously created, then after that assign controls as you see fit. Don't forget to save. Now, those controls will be assigned to that name. So whenever you are about to play you need to remember to bring up that name. In group, click on the "1 Player", etc. underneath your selected character and it will give you a drop down box of the names you created.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Hey guys. Just wanted your opinions. Well alot of my friends thinks falco sucks "as a character"
These friends are ********/ don't know anything about competitive smash
and think hes "gay".
these friends are 100% correct, you can shut them up by showing them a youtube video of Ice climbers and giving them a choice between the 2
I'll just have to prove them wrong and all but do u think you know whats causing this? Btw some of them haven't even fought my falco but they feel this way.
I think your friends being scrubs is what's causing this

swordsaint

Smash Master
Eryth, he's talking about changing the default settings. So when a name is created, there is no need to manually change the control settings over and over again. The answer is no.

Eryth, he's talking about changing the default settings. So when a name is created, there is no need to manually change the control settings over and over again. The answer is no.
Either I need to learn to interperate things differently, or people seriously need to be more clear. First Swordsaint, now this. These Falco boards are confuzzling.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi’s Island

These are Falco's worst stages out of all of the neutrals. I would recommend banning those first. However, YI is great for making sure you do not get stalled out by MK through the use of gliding.
~~~~~~~
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd

I would strike these stages next. Which ones first depend upon the match up. For obvious reasons, against a snake would be Halberd, against MK it would be Delfino Plaza, etc.
~~~~~~~
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville

Never strike these stages. They are by far his best stages.

I guess in most cases I would strike Halberd, YI and Lylat Cruise. I just simply prefer Castle Seige and Delfino. Castle Seige is fairly easy to get spacing when you need it. Also, Delfino promotes a lot of camping areas which falco likes I think. Really, I think Delfino is a really good Falco stage, but others probably jsut do better on it.

Well, it sounded like you were saying to win by beating MK through the usage of edge grab limit, which by MK gliding under the stage he prolongs how many times he grabs the ledge. I mean, if you are already a good way into the match with limited grabs already used, then it's not that difficult to eat through a good chunk of time through simply gliding underneath the stage and possibly time you out without having to grab ledges.

SV is probably the worst stage for falco with the whole gliding thing. When the platform goes over the ledge MK can fall through and glide with using minimal jumps, and pop up on the other side just as the platform reaches that side too.

Although, I guess I missed what you meant.
Thanks for the input. I really think this topic should be discussed more since the MLG stage rules are really not in favor of Falco.

I did some games with these new "neutrals" and Castle Siege is in your favor against Diddy since your close up game ***** Diddy on the second transformation.

I'm not a big fan of Yoshi's for several reason. Many characters can duck under all lasers in the middle of the stage and just wait for you to approach. IAP requires more attention.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
These friends are ********/ don't know anything about competitive smash

these friends are 100% correct, you can shut them up by showing them a youtube video of Ice climbers and giving them a choice between the 2

I think your friends being scrubs is what's causing this
Okay and lol thanks. IC's is more gay imo by grabbing. Falco has a gay way of camping and avoiding with phantasm and lasers.

Top Bottom