• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

wangston

Smash Lord
hahha I didn't even see your post when I edited mine.

Yeah all probably just take 09 results.

The last post in the previous thread was from 3 months ago and blad has like 4 peoples tournament results.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Shouldnt we look into the forced grab releases due to the edge of a stage on characters we can chaingrab?

I think We may be able to gimp certain characters using this.

I already have a thread about using this on wario, and it we can really gimp him using a forced air release.

Maybe this works on more characters too.:)

J4pu

Smash Champion
are you really that far behind?
the only character with such a bad air release is wario, everybody else flies away horizontally.
second; Dthrow > Dair is better than grab release > Dair ... why would you want to put them in the same position and do less damage?

Zeallyx

the only character with such a bad air release is wario, everybody else flies away horizontally.
second; Dthrow > Dair is better than grab release > Dair ... why would you want to put them in the same position and do less damage?
With grab release you can extend it actually (do more damage), as when you are in said position, you can pummel, wait for grab release>Dair. As when you are in said position, Dthrow will send the opponent too far away to Dair spike.

Also, squirtle has quite a long air release animation (not as long as wario's though. Maybe we can use that to our advantage, too.

Zeallyx

You can grab release over b. But i don't think that is a good idea.
Nah, it will result in an SD :p

I think you can drop off>Fair squirtle after a forced air release, and drag him down with your fair..
This may even result in squirtle not beeing able to get back, or squirtle getting edgehogged.

..or falco gets edgehogged >.<

J4pu

Smash Champion
we don't need sethlon
*cries on the inside*
Don't be too sure he'll stick to sheik though, he picked up and dropped ZSS pretty quickly, I think he's still looking for a char he likes.

BentoBox

Smash Master
He said he really enjoyed playing her as she felt similar to her melee counterpart~ but yeah, anything can happen

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
i probably havent looked hard enough around these boards for what it is im looking for

but, sometimes i do a phantasm and randomly come short of where it should land, like it's alot slower and only goes half or less of the distance? i dont really know what im doing when it happens.

would someone care to explain this to me D: lol

ty

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
^You're canceling it. When you phantasm, press B once if you want the full distance. Cancel at the end to get extra air glide distance, cancel in the middle to get half distance, and cancel at the start to get next-to-no distance.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. It's actually hard to time, so if you're doing it by accident, doing it on purpose will be easy for you.

Higher damage. Dthrow to dair we know only works to like 45% or so. So after that it would be good to get a few pummels than to get the air release, but I just don't see falco getting the air release all the time.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Higher damage. Dthrow to dair we know only works to like 45% or so. So after that it would be good to get a few pummels than to get the air release, but I just don't see falco getting the air release all the time.
Think about it, if you grab release you trade Dthrow damage for pummel damage, the difference is going to be minimal, and if they can get out of grabs fast like most people are learning to do, dthrow would likely be mroe damage
also, if you are pummeling and they break out they won't break out upwards into the air, they'll break and go downward and then you lose the Dair.

Dthrow > Dair is better

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
^Yeah, I've found that many people are recommending BPG to be done much like a boost smash.

Do not do this. It is far easier to dthrow, dash, cstick in the other direction, pivot in the direction of the cstick, then grab.

This is done all very fast, and in that order.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
What to do after a SHDL or SHL?

Since the SHDL or SHL will create some stun for the opponent, if hit, what quick and almost 'unpunishable' options do I have after doing so? I already know that one can of course SHDL- hyphen smash which is great at high percents but what else can I do and if so, what mindgames can I create from this?

Falco's bad match-ups:
IC, Kirby, Marth (ROB, GW)

Marth and ROB both look like solid choices
I've been playing with snake and he does pretty well as a secondary. According to the marth, snake, kirby, IC, and G@W boards snake makes marth, kirby, IC and G&W match ups do like a complete 180 and become in favor of snake. So Falco's bad match-ups all of a sudden become good match ups against snake. THe only problem is ROB. Snake's say ROB counters snake.

Carbonated

Smash Cadet
Sounds good since I picked ROB up about 2 months ago. I tried Snake but I don't like his play style that much. Marth I tried since it came out but I'm not the best at spacing and tipping his moves

I just have to worry bout GW matches then.

But, main reason ROB has an advantage over IC is because it is hard to CG him. But they came out with a new CG where it is almost impossible to screw up (I tried, picked it up after about 5 minutes)

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
yeah sorry falco players i can't help but feel that this sethlon things is kinda my fault LOL!!!

Umby

Smash Master
Question on Reverse Boost Grabbing. Is it common knowledge that you can perform it with the Shield button instead of Grab? If not, it is, as I so found out randomly this weekend.

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm not exactly sure how commonly it is known but people are aware of it. It's just easier to use the c-stick or A which is why people always tell them to use the c-stick.

Umby

Smash Master
I mean, you still use the c-stick to perform the dash attack, but instead of using Z for the the pivot grab, you can use one of the shields on the triggers to do so.

Top Bottom