• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
I need help getting out of Ganon's side B. How do I reach when he does it?
Getup Attack. Or just Getup then jab

They are looking for the roll.

PeachMain said:
ok so ya do the whole cg spike **** or just land a random spike into the ground...

what exactly is best method to go about tech chasing?

what do we look out for?

general rules for it?

best options to follow-up?

opponent's best options?
Standing just out of their getup attack range is the best place to be. If they roll towards you (unlikely)..you can regrab/smash/do whatever. Away from you and you can phantasm, dacus, dash attack (gatling). Get up, all of the above plus grab..etc

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have some tips on how to handle snake's explosives-field control? I kinda have difficulty laser camping with grenades that are stopped by shield dropped nades.

What are some good ways to punish snakes ftilt? Is jab our only option?

Do lasers affect yellow pikmin?

How useful is wavebouncing lasers?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
ok so ya do the whole cg spike **** or just land a random spike into the ground...

what exactly is best method to go about tech chasing?

what do we look out for?

general rules for it?

best options to follow-up?

opponent's best options?
bump.

10falc0cks.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
what is the best thing to do when an mk is ledge planking? fall down with a bair? is bair disjointed?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
how is it not legible?

you spike somebody into the ground.

what is the most effective way to tech chase?

best options to follow-up on a spike?

any general rules for tech-chasing when you land a spike?

what are the opponent's best options when you spike them into the stage?

almost the exact same language as the original post.

that being said, eat a **** kid.

thank you.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Falco's reflector beats Mk's tornado. Has this been mentioned? I'm thinkin it probably has, but anyway thats my question lol.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
@Raz you can move away from them after the dair spike and side b. This will always hit them as long as you're not too close to them or mistime it. The best follow up from the chain grab spike would probably be another dair since it pops them up right in front of you and gives you another follow-up on them. How to tech chase is just dependent on the character you're doing it to and your reaction speed.

@Brawlin Falco's Reflector does beat tornado.

@Gravy Time when the grenades will explode and don't shoot the grenades when they're near you. If you do that, you should take little to no damage from grenades.

If you get hit the second hit of ftilt you can drop shield dash attack, up smash, side b out of shield.

Lasers do hurt yellow pikmin

wave bouncing lasers can be really useful, but no one really does it lol

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
ah thank ya larry bird.

then one more thing, in what way would wave bouncing lasers be useful? what can you do with wave-bounced lasers that you couldn't otherwise do without them?

Denzi

Smash Master
ah thank ya larry bird.

then one more thing, in what way would wave bouncing lasers be useful? what can you do with wave-bounced lasers that you couldn't otherwise do without them?
You can do some interesting things when you walljump/ledgehop them, you can use them to change aerial momentum and avoid attacks (not really reliable), and you can use them to bait an attack and punish when you bounce back out of range.

Overall a nice surprise every so often, and flashy, but also completely unnecessary.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
@Raz you can move away from them after the dair spike and side b. This will always hit them as long as you're not too close to them or mistime it. The best follow up from the chain grab spike would probably be another dair since it pops them up right in front of you and gives you another follow-up on them. How to tech chase is just dependent on the character you're doing it to and your reaction speed.

@Brawlin Falco's Reflector does beat tornado.

@Gravy Time when the grenades will explode and don't shoot the grenades when they're near you. If you do that, you should take little to no damage from grenades.

If you get hit the second hit of ftilt you can drop shield dash attack, up smash, side b out of shield.

Lasers do hurt yellow pikmin

wave bouncing lasers can be really useful, but no one really does it lol
Thanks for the input =)

I'll have to practice snake MU to get the feel of timings

ah thank ya larry bird.

I thought they might be good for mind games. I remember seeing RAIN do reversed wavebounced shdl to do retreating dl.

Imagine short hopping towards the opponent, appearing to do an aerial or something, then bouncing back lasering. Then imagine doing a bdacus out of that. Sexy.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
You can BDACUS out of a wavebounce double lasers and single lasers, but single lasers are harder to do.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
I wavebounce alot of my SHL..alot of times it leads to grabs because the laser will hit and my momentum puts me right in front of them. i LOVE wavebouncing lasers...

Ares

Smash Journeyman
I would think against Lucario it'd be a camp fest, you outcamp his aurasphere and can reflect it..so we force him to approach. Kirby can duck under our lasers so unless you can ledge laser and are confident about it, then you might have to approach..if he has the lead

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
What is the main opinion on Lylat? Against MK? Snake? Olimar?

I was practicing and I noticed that a lot of Falco's moves seem to set up opponents on the platforms fairly well. Also, upsmash pretty much covers the entire platform if you are underneath the middle of it.

Any other pros/cons?

I dislike it against Snake. Random grenade tosses on a tilting stage creates some unpredictable grenade physics. I've blown up more than once trying to reflect a grenade that ended up hitting a platform losing all its momentum before getting reflected. The same with trying to SHDL when a nade hits a platform on a tilt.

MK can be do able. If Falco takes the lower part of a tilt, then MK still cannot approach due to lasers. I do not play on it enough.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Tech skill wise, would you say falco requires more? or Diddy kong?

no bias por favor. It would be nice if someone could explain why that they think for each character.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Tech skill wise, would you say falco requires more? or Diddy kong?

no bias por favor. It would be nice if someone could explain why that they think for each character.
Diddy Kong is more technical, but has more room to mess up. Falco needs to get all his cancels right or gets punished hard for it.

Diddy is a lot like Snake from what I have played. Diddy is narrow minded when it comes to banana play. You can throw a banana at lower skill levels and it works like a charm. Running up with grabs afterwards is pretty hilarious. However, upper level I would say is nothign like that. Diddy requires having a sense of stage control to use properly. Diddy works not only with his own moveset, but also with what the other character has along with banana dynamics. None of it really requires a lot of proper timing, fancy movement inputs, but it requires some good mind power to process everything that is happening. In the end, Diddy is all about character familiarity in my opinion. A lot like snake. After playing snake for a long time, you just know when his nades are scary and when they are not.

Falco I feel is not tech savvy at all either, nor does he really require a lot of player familiarity to get down fairly well. Falco is all about knowing what your moves do and merely mixing them up in different ways. You can play falco pretty solidly if you do nothing more than camp, phantasm, jab, grab, and ftilt. One can include his BPG, gatling combo, phantasm cancels, and other technical stuff, but his basics make the core of his game. That is what makes him good, and in the end what really matters most.

Overall, I would not say either is rather more technical than the other. They each have there small technical aspects like glide tossing, or SHL timing. The major differences is that Diddy requires being able to juggle in and out of a lot of random situations on the fly while Falco requires you to have the ability to apply simple tools effectively and mix them up. In this regard, I find diddy more difficult to use than falco.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I don't actually think pressing down does anything but helps with the timing

I always manage to do the jab cancels fine without pressing down and just timing them correctly

Ares

Smash Journeyman
Ftilt @ around 70% depending on char weight..if they dont tech..just Ftilt then wait half a second and start shooting..
Get up attack works too..or hitting someone's shield when they are on a platform that knocks them off

Denzi

Smash Master
You can also start one with the lst hit of Nair and the last hit of Firebird.

Just remember that LLocks are never guaranteed and you won't get them very often, if at all.

PZ

Smash Lord
What's the best option after mk fsmashes the back of falco's shield?
Run away and camp or side b.

I have a question too.

Any1 know the trip rate for falco's grounded up b or right above the groud ub?O_o

Cuz I was just facing mgw cpu and he tripped after an up b at a high percent(129%)

Must be low cuz I love using his up b to eat shields(dont ask why)

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Noticed something minor. If Wario air releases for some stupid reason, is upsmash/fsmash guaranteed? What about dair if you grab them off stage?

Top Bottom